How ridiculous

papajohn

Mar 28, 2010, 4:12:39 PM3/28/10
I've noticed trailers on tv for a brand-new remake
of what is arguably the worst mythology movie
of all time. Yes, folks, they have *remade* that
fool movie, "Clash of the Titans!"

I sputtered and choked watching the original, so
foolishly misattributed to *greek* myth it is. A quick
rundown:

The vengeful king of someplace chains a damsel
to a rock and threatened to release the "kraken"
on her (the Kraken is drawn from nordic tales, and
is represented in runic inscriptions as a giant squid
or octopus), there is a little mechanical owl for which
there is no precedent in greek myth, not to mention
the hero rides Pegasus to the lair of the gorgons
(Pegasus sprang from a drop of Medusa's blood,
so we have the cart behind the horse) and, uh.....
I'm sure the true denizens of this group can spot
several other massive faux pas's, but you get my
drift. <snort> It wouldn't bother me so much if they
had simply altered the plot to jive with Greek
mythology, but to cut it from whole cloth of the
original, well, to quote Larry the Cable Guy,
"That ain't right, that just ain't right! Lord, I'm
sorry, and be with the starvin' pygmies in the
jungle."

Seriously, did they think redoing it with all the
inaccuracies would be good just because they
can add better special effects? What a mess.
Love,
Papa John
John E."Papa John" Mayer
Magick, Musick, Mayhem
jmay...@cfl.rr.com
"If it don't hurt a little bit, it ain't Rock & Roll!"

James Rau

Mar 28, 2010, 9:41:34 PM3/28/10
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:12:39 -0700 (PDT), papajohn
<jmay...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>I've noticed trailers on tv for a brand-new remake
>of what is arguably the worst mythology movie
>of all time. Yes, folks, they have *remade* that
>fool movie, "Clash of the Titans!"

Admittedly, the only reason I saw the original CotT is because of Ray
Harryhausen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Harryhausen

>Seriously, did they think redoing it with all the
>inaccuracies would be good just because they
>can add better special effects? What a mess.

I've seen the trailers too, and my impression is that they re-shot it
scene-for-scene. :-(

Sadly, Papa John, a *lot* of bad movies, remakes or not, get
"greenlighted."

James R

papajohn

Apr 22, 2010, 5:51:31 PM4/22/10
On Mar 28, 9:41 pm, James Rau <j...@ca.thecoyotesafteryou.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 13:12:39 -0700 (PDT), papajohn

Sad indeed. But it all kinda echoes the general trend
to believe any damfool notion that comes along. I've
noted the hubbub over the mesoamerican calender
showing the end of the world in 2012. Pretty frightening,
taken at face value. But it only takes a tiny bit of
investigation to find that the same calendar shows this
cycle coming due every 5000 years. That would place
the last one at 2088 bce, and the iceman dug from
alpine snow is reported to be 6000 years old. So
something doesn't add up here, making the forecast
end of time wrong on the basis that it is based on
false data. Guess Atlantis has lost its claim on the
going myth. Go figger.
Love,
Papa John
P.S. It's good to hear from ya!