Black Leather Mojo

Pink Freud

May 27, 2006, 1:18:49 PM5/27/06
Just heard this for the first time recently after catching with the Ginger
one's new releases.

Don't get me wrong I liked Valor Del Corazon a lot, but BLACK LEATHER
MOJO... WOW

This rocks like a motherfucker.

Goddam it is good.

BRAIN BRAIN SUGAR SUGAR MIND MIND HONEY HONEY

Catchy too.

Lyrics? How about this>

Fly like an angel, stapled to a satellite
Lit up good, like a stick of fucking dynamite

I chose that particular little line as it sums up the whole album for me.

Apparently, when Ginger took it round UK record companies to distribute,
they wouldn't. They said it was "too bright" and "cheerful" for the market.

Fucking assholes. What a fantastic cultural legacy we have in the UK when
assholes like that effectively get to decide what Joe Public listens to. Oh,
sorry, I meant of course assholes like that and SIMON FUCKING COWELL.

Hmm, rant over.

Anyone actually in here, anyway?

--
-