After the Fire

Nathanel J. Barlow

Jan 21, 1995, 10:16:18 PM1/21/95
Excerpts from netnews.alt.music.who: 21-Jan-95 Re: After the Fire by
Albert Ya...@rocky.ucdavi
> : On Pete's album "Deep End Live!" there's a song called After the Fire.
> : Does this song appear on any other albums? It _was_ written by him and I
> : thought maybe it's on one of the late Who albums that I don't own and am
> : not at all familiar with. It's a good song.
> : Tuula
>
> It was on Roger Daltrey's 1985 album "Under A Ragin Moon".

Daltrey sang it on the Pittsburgh date of his tour last summer.

Nate
RociNate -- w...@CMU.EDU * Red Sox, Patriots, Eagles, Celtics
-- nb...@andrew.cmu.edu * Bruins, Whalers, UConn, BC
|"I've got a bad feeling about this."|"Don't ask me, I'm just improvising"|
| --(Take your pick) | --Rush, _Presto_ |

Dave Elliott

Jan 26, 1995, 9:39:46 AM1/26/95
In article <1995Jan25.1...@inca.comlab.ox.ac.uk>,
David J Shipway <uzdn...@sable.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>Tuula Talvila (ttal...@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca) wrote:
>
>: On Pete's album "Deep End Live!" there's a song called After the Fire.
>: Does this song appear on any other albums? It _was_ written by him and I
>: thought maybe it's on one of the late Who albums that I don't own and am
>: not at all familiar with. It's a good song.
>: Tuula
>
>Yes, the song is on Roger Daltrey's 1985 album "Under a Raging Moon".
>Apparently Pete wrote the track for Roger, and it was also released
>as a single (at least it was here in the UK). IMHO, Under a raging
>moon is not what you would call a particularly *great* album, but I
>like After the Fire and the title track, as these two sound the most
>'Who-like'.

The song was written for the "Live Aid" show that The Who participated in
that year, but Pete didn't complete the song in time to actually perform it
at the show. The organizer of the show had been saying that Live Aid was
going to put out the fire of hunger in (I forget which country). Pete's
response was, "after the fire, the fire still burns". Live Aid was great
and all, but people are in general so caught up in their every day mundane
lives that they won't get involved, and Live Aid won't make a difference in
the long run.

"Under A Raging Moon" is a typical Daltrey album. It has 3 or 4 really good
tunes, and the rest of it is pretty much throw-away stuff. Not awful, just
boring. The title track is a particularly chilling tribute/lament for Keith
Moon. It's a great song.

Dave Elliott

Beaver...@live.com

Jun 15, 2019, 5:02:25 PM6/15/19
He also did it on the 1985 tour. That tour didn't play California. I only found out about it after it happened. I was pissed.