pat wilson from weezer

fran...@mint.net

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
hello everyone,

seeing all these posts gives me some perspective about our situation
and i thought it would be fair to touch on some reasons for =w= delay.

first, when we got off the road with no doubt, rivers wanted to keep
touring but the rest of us needed a break cuz we needed to do
something a little more rewarding on the creative side. i can see how
this can be interpreted as whining about our success but after a while
you just want to do what makes you happy. so, matt kind of melted
into the rentals and i went home to write songs and rivers started
playing with people in boston. right after that xmas, i went to
boston to play with rivers and see if this was going to work anymore.
we seemed to find some common ground and we played a show that went
well.
so we decided to move back to la and find someone to play with if it
wasn't going to be matt. we found mikey and started to jam all the
time but after a while it became apparent that (at the risk of
speaking for mikey and bree van bri) we didn't have much in common
creatively or personally so i went home to concentrate on the sg.
and that's pretty much where this is at right now.
i used to wonder why bands couldn't just shut up and play they're damn
music. it seems so simple! what's the big deal?! you've got a sound
now will you please just rock?! well, i wish it was that simple.
so, when rivers is ready to make his record i will go down and play
until it doesn't make much sense to do so. in the interim i am fully
committed to the sg because it's fun.
props to pjfsk8s steve s and karl

Stephen Lopez

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
> we found mikey and started to jam all the
> time but after a while it became apparent that (at the risk of
> speaking for mikey and bree van bri) we didn't have much in common
> creatively or personally so i went home to concentrate on the sg.
> and that's pretty much where this is at right now.

speakin of brian...
whats he up to? i hope hes still workin hard with spacetwins.

its really incredible that four amazing songwriters all ended up together in
LA playing in the same band...id hate to see that gift for songwriting be
what tears them apart...

not even the beatles were all good songwriters....

--
later.....
* wfa #4 ok *
* bye bye *
* steve-o-reeno *
* ~spiderman~ *
* ~superstud~ *
* ~the tell-tale-hearted man~ *
* Steve - The Rockin' Guitar Guy *
* http://weezerfanclub.com/pages/weezerfreak/ *
* sml...@localnet.com *
* "grammar sucks!" ----melissa & me *
* "i'm a music major, i dont have time to deal with your crap." ----me *
* "farewell, and may the forces of evil become confused on the way to *
* your home." ----george carlin *
* "reverb is bad for the kids." ----matt sharp *
* "nothin's cool nothin' matters...." ----john davis *
* ---"i'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon!!!!!!"--- *
* ----rivers cuomo (god) *
* *
* RRRR O CC K K *
* R R O O C K K *
* R R O O C K K *
* RRR O O C KK *
* R R O O C K K *
* R R O O C K K *
* R R O CC K K *
* *
* \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ ////////////// *
* \ \ / / *
* \ \ / / *
* \ \ / / *
* \\\\\\\\\\\\ \ / //////////// *
* \ \ /\ / / *
* \ \ / \ / / *
* \ \/ /\ \/ / *
* \ / \ / *
* \/ \/ *
* *
* M M U U SSSS IIIIIII CC *
* MM MM U U S I C *
* M M M M U U S I C *
* M M M U U SS I C *
* M M U U S I C *
* M M U U S I C *
* M M UUU SSSS IIIIIII CC *

marzioli

Mar 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/17/99
Wrote:

>speakin of brian...
>whats he up to? i hope hes still workin hard with spacetwins.

My bro has been going to Spacetwins shows, so I guess he is up to that!
I've listened to a very poor bootleg of a show that my bro acquired, and the
new songs Brian has been writing are awesome! I can only expect the studio
versions will dwarf the audience recordings.

-Samuel

PopKiller

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
>> we found mikey and started to jam all the
>> time but after a while it became apparent that (at the risk of
>> speaking for mikey and bree van bri) we didn't have much in common
>> creatively or personally so i went home to concentrate on the sg.
>> and that's pretty much where this is at right now.
>
>speakin of brian...
>whats he up to? i hope hes still workin hard with spacetwins.

and where is all this quoted from? jeez, why cant i find anything?!

Yoda31137

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
> we found mikey and started to jam all the
> time but after a while it became apparent that (at the risk of
> speaking for mikey and bree van bri) we didn't have much in common
> creatively or personally so i went home to concentrate on the sg.
> and that's pretty much where this is at right now.

i was just wondering does anyone know exactly where this clip came from?

DANROCK

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
it's not a clip. it's from wilson.

dan
www.weezer.net

Silverain0

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
eric <popk...@aol.com> wrote:
>>> we found mikey and started to jam all the
>>> time but after a while it became apparent that (at the risk of
>>> speaking for mikey and bree van bri) we didn't have much in common
>>> creatively or personally so i went home to concentrate on the sg.
>>> and that's pretty much where this is at right now.
>>
>>speakin of brian...
>>whats he up to? i hope hes still workin hard with spacetwins.
>
>and where is all this quoted from? jeez, why cant i find anything?!

you know what i think it is? aol screwed up. i noticed that for a while, it
didn't seem like i was getting anything from any of my newsgroups (and some of
them are usually quite prolific). and since you and yoda (both fellow aolers)
have the same problem, i'm guessing that we missed out on a few posts.

....crystal!
--------------------------------------
~remove *ssem* to e-mail me~

*i know that mess spelled backwards is ssem, and i felt much better armed with
that information.* ~ tori amos.

Message has been deleted

Larry

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
In article <19990318020228...@ng-ce1.aol.com>,

silve...@aol.com.ssem (Silverain0) wrote:

> >>speakin of brian...
> >>whats he up to? i hope hes still workin hard with spacetwins.
> >
> >and where is all this quoted from? jeez, why cant i find anything?!
> >

> you know what i think it is? aol screwed up. i noticed that for a while, it
> didn't seem like i was getting anything from any of my newsgroups (and some of
> them are usually quite prolific). and since you and yoda (both fellow aolers)
> have the same problem, i'm guessing that we missed out on a few posts.
>
> ....crystal!

ok...since some people can't read where the clips are coming from, a few days
ago, Pat Wilson mailed the newsgroup...it's posted on the news sectio of
=RWA=, but for convenience, I'll copy and paste it over here anyway... "hello
[...]

hope this helps you those who didn't recieve the original...anyway..
-Larry

"There's only us, There's only this, forget regret or life is yours to
miss...no other road, no other way, no day but today"-Jonathan
Larson-RENT

PopKiller

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
>you know what i think it is? aol screwed up. i noticed that for a while, it
>didn't seem like i was getting anything from any of my newsgroups (and some
>of
>them are usually quite prolific). and since you and yoda (both fellow aolers)
>have the same problem, i'm guessing that we missed out on a few posts.

i think it is taking longer for some posts than others. pat's post wasn't
recognized as fast as samuel's post, and that's what caused all the confusion.
if i had any ambition, i would do something about this (by getting rid of aol),
but i dont, so whatever...

UltraLemon

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
>was this posted by pat wilson of weezer fame? i am confused.

>mike

yes it was. so this proves that at least one member of the band cares about the
fans.

~the lemon
* embrace the senile genius watch her reinvent the wheel *
--PAVEMENT

mjda...@start.com.au

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
i've only been here a few days and already (supposedly) a post from
weezer's drummer. how cool is that?

matt

UltraLemon

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
>i've only been here a few days and already (supposedly) a post from
>weezer's drummer. how cool is that?

so i went to your room and read your diary....

PopKiller

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
>i've only been here a few days and already (supposedly) a post from
>weezer's drummer. how cool is that?

dont get used to it...i have been subscribing to this NG for nearly 2 years,
and this is unprecedented...