SG in Pittsburgh review

Sam L

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
ok.. i got back from Pittsburgh last nite.. Sg was great.. There were
like i'd say 100+ people at club laga, which is some weird place on the
4th floor of a building where they have raves or something afterwards.
The opening bands weren't that great... umm SG was so awesome.. Mikey
is perfect for weezer, and is a good replacement for Matt onstage.. he
has a lot of stage presence and has all the "moves" on stage.. very
rock. he will not disappoint. not to mention how cool he was taking
swigs from his bottle of what looked like whiskey constantly. my
hero.

I got a setlist:

It's only natural
life goes by
fatigue
reason to worry
BS
lets go down
conquistadors of nothing
pardon me (sounded rad live)
what you're on
i'm with you sister (a hundred times as good)
riff
i'm not too proud
it's all here in this book
went down swinging
what you can forget

then the craziest part... everyone wanted more songs, so mikey whispers
in pats ear and suddenly they are like "who wants to hear weezer
songs"? And so they told everyone to get on stage and sing so like
half of the crowd went onstage it was nuts.... they played undone with
all of us singing it.. it was unreal. then after that pat was about to
put his guitar down when mikey goes into Tired of Sex and so they did
that.. after the show i was talking to pat he said it seemed so
surreal, and it was.. haha i was on stage with half of weezer..
unbelievable.

the new songs were pretty heavy, and after the show when most people
left they all came out and it was just like me and like a few others
and the band... they said they were gonna record a new SG in January on
an American label... can't wait. i got my SG cd signed by them all
which is bonus time..

i think some morons went thinking it was weezer that was playing with
no clue as to what SG was anyways, but a lot of people were pleasantly
surprised at SG whereas some weren't.. especially this one girl that
like ran backstage and yelled at them and demanded her money back cuz
she came to see weezer.. like the singing on stage wasn't good enough
for her.. i would have been totally cool had they not done any weezer
at all.. the band was joking with us about how she was wigging out...
overall the bands really cool and easy to talk to...

hmm.. my roommate taped the show for me, and it came out pretty good...
please don't email me about it for a while i'm gonna transfer it to cd
to keep it in shiny shape.. and yes.. i got the part w/ the sing along
on tape..

umm.. karl was there selling t-shirts and hats and mikey's artwork,
which was pretty funny. I think they ran out of CD-R's of SG for
now... I got a shirt... hooray

i guess there's a lot more but i forget a lot because of what happened
on the way back from the concert.. at the last leg of the 2 hour trip
back to school, about 4 miles from my dorm, we hit a goddamn bear in
the road. no joke. it just ran out in front of the car.. so my
roommate's car got fucked up a little in the bumper.. unbelievable. a
bear. i feel bad for it, but not that bad since it ran out in front of
a car..

oh well special goodness was super.. go see them.. but don't hit any
fucking black bears, cuz that totally sucks.. only in
pennsylvania....... i can't believe i go to school in this goddamn state

sam l
the bearslayer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sam L

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
oh yeah, one last thing i forgot to mention... in talking to pat, he
started dissing No Doubt.. haha i forgot what he said but it was
priceless

i always knew that them saying they didn't mind No Doubt was a facade

sam

The Brave Little Toaster

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
>i always knew that them saying they didn't mind No Doubt was a facade

why the hell did they tour together anyway? i never understood that. damn those
no doubt teeny boppers who were going "oh my god, it's like that band that
played that song about like a sweater or something"...

Car-o-line
http://patwilson.cjb.net
http://weezertunes.cjb.net