Favorite Weezer Moments

Ok420

Dec 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/13/97

Not much going on with =w= lately so I figured I would try to start a string
where we tell about our most memorable Weezer experiences. For instance, if
you met Brian Bell at a gas station, or got laid for the first time while
listening to The Blue Album or got busted selling acid at a =w= show, you could
tell us about it here. Anyway, did anybody see them open for NoDoubt in
Chicago this summer? I and the rest of the many, many hardcore =w= freaks in
attendance totally ruined NoDoubt's set for all the NoDoubt fans and their
parents who escorted them there by screaming WEEEEEEEZEEEEEEER!!!!! at the top
of our lungs and singing =w= songs throughout the entire NoDoubt set. I've been
going to concerts since 1982 and I've never seen support like that for an
opening act before. It was especially cool during the quiet parts of the show.
Everything would get quiet in a soft section of a song or between songs and a
group of people would break into "Say it ain't So" or something like that. I'm
sure the band heard much of this. That will hopefully teach NoDoubt to follow
an act that totally kicks their ass into the middle of next week. I was
especially proud to be a =w= fan and that day. Anyway, that was my Weezer
moment for December 13, 1997. I will now do bongs and listen to Pinkerton loud
with headphones. Thank you.
It's 4:20. Do you know where your stash is?

Pinhead Chick

Dec 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/13/97

i don't have anything really to add as an experience, but that story was
rad. you should post it in the no doubt group. those people are annoying.
--
~ Pinhe@d ChiKadee (dar...@direct.ca)

Pjfsk8s

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

4/29/93 club dump. pre brian bell. i was moving away and everybody was getting
cheesy. there was a song called lullaby for wayne but they changed the lyrics
to lullaby for pat. jason was screaming "pat finn". it was weird to have a
tribute from the people i respected the most. all those club dump and coconut
teazer shows were real treats, the first time i ever got drunk was at the
coconut teazer.weezer at the teazer! lane staley yelled that out when we handed
him a flyer, he's a doper.
love, p.

si...@webtv.net

Dec 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/14/97

My first real exposure to Weezer, other than the Buddy Holly video, came
in the summer of '95, when they played in Central Park here in NewYork
with Teenage Fanclub. My brother and I rollerbladed over to where they
were playing and stood outside. Although we couldn't see them, we could
hear just fine (it was an outdoor show). I remember hearing all the blue
album songs for the frst time, and they rocked. At one point, some
security guard guy asked us if we wanted to go backstage, but we said
no. Seemd a little suspicious to us. We left before the show ended and
rollerbladed around the area a bit. Suddenly, in the distance, we heard
them start playing Surf Wax. Although we didn't know the song, it was
obvious that it rocked, so we skated closer to where they were playing.
I'll never forget skating around in circles with my brother and being
blown away by how much that song rocked. I bought the album the next day
and now, 4 concerts later and a brief conversation with Rivers, that is
without a doubt my favorite weezer moment.

Michael J Kreidler

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

My favorite "Weezer moment" is rather limited, as I have only gotten the
chance to see them once, 6/25/97 at the Rosleand Ballroom in NYC. Of
course, the entire show is memorable...it seemed like a marathon set, as
they played the entire Blue Album (sans TWHTALMH, which mildly annoyed
me) plus all the best of Pinkerton. Anyway, I will probably never forget
what happened to me during the outro of "In the garage".

As the solo was finishing and I was bouncing in tune to the music, my
oversized shorts, shorts which I had forgotten to wear a belt with that
day, fell off...I spent the entire rest of thesong, some 30 seconds,
bouncing around in my boxers with my pants around my ankles.

Another (somewhat) cool thing about that show was that i found some kids
wallet. Honestly, what kind of Long Island teenage bopper only brings 8
bucks to the city anyway? With the chance of finding this character slim
to none, I purged the wallet of its paltry cash, which went a long way
towards much needed bottled water at the time...if you happen to be the
the guy who lost his wallet, please don't kick my ass.

cheers,

-M

si...@webtv.net

Dec 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/15/97

I was at that show...I don't seem to remember seeing anyone with their
shorts around their ankles, but hey, it was pretty crowded! The
highlight of that show for me, without a doubt, was when Rivers turned
to Matt and said "well, this is really your song" or something like that
and Matt started the opening bass riff to Only in Dreams, by far my
favorite Weezer song. They did it so well too, and while they were
jamming at the end, my eyes nearly filled with tears. Ok, maybe THAT is
my favorite Weezer moment!
As good as that show was, the show at Roseland the previous December was
so much better. Just amazing...

Michael J Kreidler

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

si...@webtv.net wrote:
: I was at that show...I don't seem to remember seeing anyone with their

: shorts around their ankles, but hey, it was pretty crowded! The
: highlight of that show for me, without a doubt, was when Rivers turned
: to Matt and said "well, this is really your song" or something like that
: and Matt started the opening bass riff to Only in Dreams

I think Matt said something like, "This is where I get to be the star."
I have a shitty audio copy of that show, but it is barely
audible...awesome show though, perhaps because it was one of the few
summer dates they played SANS NoDoubt!

-M

Nakldofm

Dec 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/20/97

This moment wasn't a really earth shattering moment for me but when weezer
played in hawaii at nimitz hall, during I think it was the sweater song, rivers
started singing the lyrics of that puff daddy song, the more money more
problems song... I just laughed my ass off it was so funny and it seemed like
I was the only one who knew that he was singing it... I loved that concert.
it was my favorite concert, ever. when they opened up the set with My name is
Jonas... My arms were tingling, I loved it. hope everone can experience a
weezer moment like this...
dave

Vip223blur

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

I got to watch Brian, Rivers, and Pat smoke joints during a Hole show in New
York....I took a photo of Rivers pulling down his pants on the sidewalk to
reveal his scars....I even got a phone call from a very stoned Brian, about
three years ago....but I'd have to say my favorite Weezer moment was with Brian
- when i got to kiss him...oh swoon!!!

Heather

HIPPO PERL

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

I saw that same show in Milwaukee, probably the same week. First off, it was
Summerfest. For those of you not familiar, it's the world's largest music
festival, there's a bunch of stages for different kinds of music, and it's all
free with your 7 or 8 dollar admission, except for the main stage. This
particular night was No Doubt, Weezer, and Face to Face. Well, of course all
the No Doubt kids picked up all the tickets so it was sold out. My ska band
was playing on a neighboring stage at 5 that evening (the big show was at 8).
I was wearing my =w= shirt and I had a sign on my amp that said "I need Weezer
tickets badly!!" After our set, nobody out of about 500 people were coming up
to me and I was going to cry. Then some drunk dude came up to me and sold me 2
tix at face value! Killa!! Went in to the show in time for =w=. The sound
was just horrible, typical opening band shit. The worst part though was that I
was the only one singing along to the Pinkerton songs. And I mean the ONLY
one!! I was pissed. that's my story.
Rock on,
Ben
Brewtown, WI

Ok420

Dec 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/25/97

Nakldofm wrote:
>This moment wasn't a really earth shattering moment for me but when weezer
>played in hawaii at nimitz hall, during I think it was the sweater song,
>rivers
>started singing the lyrics of that puff daddy song, the more money more
>problems song... I just laughed my ass off it was so funny and it seemed
>like
>I was the only one who knew that he was singing it...

I've seen =w= 5 times and each time they obviously played Undone-The Sweater
Song and each time, during the sections just before the verses where, on the
CD, those 'conversations' take place under the music, in place of "hey, man you
want a beer" and "I think I want to go but my friends don't want to go", etc.,
Brian, Rivers and Matt all spoke what seemed to be some sort of unintelligible
chant- each saying something different and all at the same time so you couldn't
make out what anyone was saying.
By the 5th time I saw them I finally figured out what they were doing. It was
the Granada Theater in Lawrence, KS this summer and I was in the front row. I
was only about 15 feet from Rivers and I recognized what he was saying as the
lyrics from an REO Speedwagon song- I think it was "Keep on Loving You" from
1981's Hi-Infidelity album. Then I noticed Matt was doing the same thing, but
with some song whose lyrics I recognized but couldn't put my finger on. My
theory is that they each take some classic rock song and recite the lyrics in a
conversational manner during those sections of Undone. I believe Nakldofm
heard these Puff Daddy lyrics in the same context. I hope Rivers wasn't doing
this because he's a Puff Daddy fan because I don't believe Puff Daddy(if that
is, in fact, his real name) is worthy of licking the sweat off of Rivers'
balls, or mine for that matter.

Ok420

Dec 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/25/97

Vip223blur wrote:
>I got to watch Brian, Rivers, and Pat smoke joints during a Hole show in New
>York....

I knew they smoked!! I knew it!! Every great musician I've ever known has
been a stoner. Excellent!! On the inside photo of the rehearsal space in the
Blue Album, Pat's kick drum head has a drawing of this cartoon figure who
appears to me to be smoking a bowl. Matt has said things on stage that were
typical of something a stoned person would say. I hope you're right about
this. I still wonder about Rivers, though. Does he or doesn't he?

Robert Weber

Dec 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/26/97

Rivers Cuomo and the Family :) were doing the conversation thing long
before Puff Daddy ever became popular.

Ok420 (ok...@aol.com) wrote:

> I hope Rivers wasn't doing
> this because he's a Puff Daddy fan because I don't believe Puff Daddy(if that
> is, in fact, his real name) is worthy of licking the sweat off of Rivers'
> balls, or mine for that matter.

carrie fitzsimmons

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97

LOL.......
HUGH HUGH YEAH ,HUGH HUGH,THAT RULED,HUGH HUGH YEAH, FAR OUT EXPERUENCE
DUDE,HUGH HUGH YEAH.....'
EVERY TIME I PLAY HACK I THINK OF YOU! LOL HUGH HUGH YEAH! :)

Ok420

Dec 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/28/97

carrie fitzsimmons:

=w=hat the hell =w=as that all about? Look into quoting, please. Then =w=e
(all 3 of us =w=ho still post here) can understand =w=hat you are LOL at.
Thank you. By the =w=ay, I still believe that WEEZER FUCKING

- Peter Torque

Philip Tome

Dec 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/29/97

Too much eggnog