tribute cd---a breakdown

mig

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
just got my "tribute" cd in the mail the other day so i thought it
would be fun to critique your shit for a change...here are my personal
favorites:

"spinal meningitis got me down"-dauerfisch--maybe more of a bad vibe
than the original, this is a really well done version of this song,
almost has a portishead-like quality, one of the best ween covers
ever-----"the mollusk"-retch factor 8--this is really great in my
opinion, this dude pulled off all the synth parts on the guitar,
sounds like curt kirkwood, and the ocean sound effects...really
impressive, one of the better tracks on the cd----"i like
you"--bean--i give points just for the song choice alone, i had
forgotten about that one-----"sketches of winkle"-satan's
associates--pretty ass kicking on the whole, i dig the drum
pattern-----"squelch th' little weasel"-tacofinger--i was pretty blown
away at how much in the spirit of the original recording this was. one
of my favorite songs on the cd, nice job dude----"now i'm freaking
out"-sunformer--i like this because it sounds like a live band kickin
it, instead of couple of stoned idiots sitting there with a 4 track
making bad music that no one will ever hear, like most of the demo
tapes you people give us on tour. "the final alarm"-shabby
blacksmith--fuckin a' right, now this is what i'm talkin about.
nothing in the world sounds better than bad heavy metal recorded with
a drum machine, i like the slow sections with the pink floyd synth..
nice one.

all in all it's pretty good--but what happened to seahag and dennis
doing "shalom absalom"? it's not on here....and why the fuck didn't
anyone do "i play it off legit?" or "pink eye on my leg", what the
fuck? honestly tho, we're really touched....... -mig

Brimley

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
This is a request for Stainedpants- you NEED to cover "i play it off
legit" RIGHT NOW. Don't do anything else until you're done.

Thank you,
Brimley

slave1

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
In article <384d0234...@cnews.newsguy.com>, mic...@chocodog.com wrote:
>of my favorite songs on the cd, nice job dude----"now i'm freaking
>out"-sunformer--i like this because it sounds like a live band kickin
>it, instead of couple of stoned idiots sitting there with a 4 track
>making bad music that no one will ever hear, like most of the demo
>tapes you people give us on tour.

hey...for the record...
we're a couple stoned idiots sitting there with an 8 track making bad music
no one will ever hear. hehe.
uhm..
assuming i fell into that category mig
=P

slave1

¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*
"we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" -willy wonka-
¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*¤~^*

take a trip into my mind via pulsewidth:
http://members.xoom.com/pulsewidth/

or learn about the band pulsewidth:
http://members.xoom.com/pulsewidth/pulse.html

Hari Dingle

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Id just like to say for the record that we did this live in the studio and just threw down a small amount of overdubs. I appreciate the
complement mig. I also gotta give props to the song because we have been playing it in our set (our only cover tune) and people dig the
fuck out of it. Its been getting requested at all the shows without anyone even hearing the tribute recording.
Also I just got my Tribute CD yesterday and its the bomb... Poopship is pretty fuckin great, Back to Basom is too... Ill probably give a
review of it when I get to listen to it more but I dont think coming from me would compare to the post from Ween, so maybe not... Later
folks....

Cult_of_Boognish

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Shalom Absalom's on my copy....

mig wrote in message <384d0234...@cnews.newsguy.com>...

>just got my "tribute" cd in the mail the other day so i thought it
>would be fun to critique your shit for a change...here are my personal
>favorites:
>
> "spinal meningitis got me down"-dauerfisch--maybe more of a bad vibe
>than the original, this is a really well done version of this song,
>almost has a portishead-like quality, one of the best ween covers
>ever-----"the mollusk"-retch factor 8--this is really great in my
>opinion, this dude pulled off all the synth parts on the guitar,
>sounds like curt kirkwood, and the ocean sound effects...really
>impressive, one of the better tracks on the cd----"i like
>you"--bean--i give points just for the song choice alone, i had
>forgotten about that one-----"sketches of winkle"-satan's
>associates--pretty ass kicking on the whole, i dig the drum
>pattern-----"squelch th' little weasel"-tacofinger--i was pretty blown
>away at how much in the spirit of the original recording this was. one

>of my favorite songs on the cd, nice job dude----"now i'm freaking
>out"-sunformer--i like this because it sounds like a live band kickin
>it, instead of couple of stoned idiots sitting there with a 4 track
>making bad music that no one will ever hear, like most of the demo

JanneyW

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
mickey wondered:

>-but what happened to seahag and dennis
>doing "shalom absalom"? it's not on here....

bah...sounds like you only got the 2nd disc....Shalom is on disc 1....all of
the songs you mentioned are on disc 2

Jesse Friedman

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Dude... some inner circle person's gotta inform Mickey about this ASAP!

>bah...sounds like you only got the 2nd disc....Shalom is on disc 1....all of
>the songs you mentioned are on disc 2

Jesse Friedman
My attempts at wit and my bootleg list:
http://members.aol.com/jessef1016/page/index.htm
Last updated 8/16/99

Dr. Jimmy

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
He knows about it now

Jesse Friedman wrote in message
<19991207133015...@ng-cg1.aol.com>...

White T

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
his "official" copy is going out today...

White T
http://www.BishopStudios.com/Shitkicker
Whi...@BishopStudios.com

Jesse Friedman <jesse...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mister Beefy

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
?

White T

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Originally, someone else was supposed to be sending it to them, I found out
recently that it hadn't been done, so Mickey gave me his addy, and now
they're on the way.....both discs with the proper cover as well as all of
the other proposed covers.

Maybe they'll let us know which one they'd have picked....

White T
http://www.BishopStudios.com/Shitkicker
Whi...@BishopStudios.com

Mister Beefy <mrb...@flash.net> wrote in message

cip

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99

mig wrote:
....and why the fuck didn't
> anyone do "i play it off legit?" or "pink eye on my leg", what the
> fuck?

Hey Mig, that's what we say every time we leave one of your shows!

You always make us happy but we're never fucking satisfied!

How about 3 shows in three nights every single song in order.

Aaron M

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Spinal Menengitis has got me down as well...
I got some blood on the floor...the window wont close...

Aaron M

Dec 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/9/99
Wow,thats a pretty wild idea! Id fly anywhere too see that! Wow! We'll bring
all the home cooked meals and drugs!!Hell Yeah!
Aaron M.

MorgueInc

Dec 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/10/99
And y'all bitched me out for "standing on a corner talking to myself"...c'mon,
attach your pevious comment so we get a reference, you fuckers and fuckerettes!
xoxo Laurel

robbie...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2016, 1:05:24 AM7/16/16
Its right here….