Re: UK Soundtrack Advert

Sentinel

Feb 1, 2008, 7:11:41 AM2/1/08
StainlessSteelRat wrote:
> Sentinel wrote:
>>> For those in the UK, anyone spotted the BR anniversary soundtrack
>>> advert from Play.com? Of more interest is that it is described as
>>> the complete soundtrack! Wrong!
>>
>> Anyone expecting to ever get the "complete" soundtrack still believes
>> in the tooth fairy. This is Vangelis we're talking about, remember?
>> ;-)
>
> Don't get me started on that ;-)
>
> But the key point was the incorrect advertisement that may mislead my
> comrade purveyors of a decent soundtrack release!

Indeed. It is definitely misleading, but then what do these people who write
that stuff know? After all these years we get a 3-disc set of BR, so many
will naturally assume they're finally going to see (or rather hear) the
complete soundtrack appear.

StainlessSteelRat

Feb 1, 2008, 7:15:22 AM2/1/08
Sentinel wrote:

>>> Anyone expecting to ever get the "complete" soundtrack still
>>> believes in the tooth fairy. This is Vangelis we're talking about,
>>> remember? ;-)
>>
>> Don't get me started on that ;-)
>>
>> But the key point was the incorrect advertisement that may mislead my
>> comrade purveyors of a decent soundtrack release!
>
> Indeed. It is definitely misleading, but then what do these people
> who write that stuff know?

Well if you're paying for a TV ad you'd have hoped they'd do their research!

And in other news, why the hell is my OE spelling language set to French,
and why can't I change it to anything else?!

Sentinel

Feb 1, 2008, 7:22:34 AM2/1/08
StainlessSteelRat wrote:

>>> Don't get me started on that ;-)
>>>
>>> But the key point was the incorrect advertisement that may mislead
>>> my comrade purveyors of a decent soundtrack release!
>>
>> Indeed. It is definitely misleading, but then what do these people
>> who write that stuff know?
>
> Well if you're paying for a TV ad you'd have hoped they'd do their
> research!

Blame them. Blame them HARD!!!

> And in other news, why the hell is my OE spelling language set to
> French, and why can't I change it to anything else?!

C'est vraiment bizarre, ça! Je n'en sais rien, malheureusement.

1. C'est impossible!
2. Tu vas me le payer!
3. Fetchez la vache!

StainlessSteelRat

Feb 1, 2008, 7:39:52 AM2/1/08
Sentinel wrote:
>> And in other news, why the hell is my OE spelling language set to
>> French, and why can't I change it to anything else?!
>
> C'est vraiment bizarre, ça! Je n'en sais rien, malheureusement.
>
> 1. C'est impossible!
> 2. Tu vas me le payer!
> 3. Fetchez la vache!

He replied with a guarded "Oui".

Evil Sponge

Feb 1, 2008, 9:33:52 AM2/1/08

"Sentinel" <lukas....@REMOVETHISdommel.be> wrote in message

> C'est vraiment bizarre, ça! Je n'en sais rien, malheureusement.
>
> 1. C'est impossible!
> 2. Tu vas me le payer!
> 3. Fetchez la vache!

Bloody Walloons...

StainlessSteelRat

Feb 1, 2008, 9:53:02 AM2/1/08
Evil Sponge wrote:
>> C'est vraiment bizarre, ça! Je n'en sais rien, malheureusement.
>>
>> 1. C'est impossible!
>> 2. Tu vas me le payer!
>> 3. Fetchez la vache!
>>

> Bloody Walloons...

For some reason I always read that as Baboons.

Sentinel

Feb 1, 2008, 10:02:54 AM2/1/08

It's pretty much the same thing, really. ;-)

SanFrancisco2019

Feb 1, 2008, 5:55:39 PM2/1/08
"StainlessSteelRat" <use...@stainlesssteelrat.net> wrote in message
Go to Tools then Options. Then click the Spelling Tab. At the bottom,
there is a pull-down menu for selecting the language of your choice.

C'est vraiment simple, ca. Et tout complete.

DR

StainlessSteelRat

Feb 4, 2008, 4:41:18 AM2/4/08
SanFrancisco2019 wrote:
> Go to Tools then Options. Then click the Spelling Tab. At the
> bottom, there is a pull-down menu for selecting the language of your
> choice.

Thanks for the help, but therein lies the problem... my only selection is
French, and there's no way to add to this list that I can see.

Sentinel

Feb 4, 2008, 4:46:02 AM2/4/08

And it wasn't in French before? What happened to it?

Try to see if you can make it surrender!

... OK, I'll just go away now.

StainlessSteelRat

Feb 4, 2008, 5:38:22 AM2/4/08
Sentinel wrote:
>>> Go to Tools then Options. Then click the Spelling Tab. At the
>>> bottom, there is a pull-down menu for selecting the language of your
>>> choice.
>>
>> Thanks for the help, but therein lies the problem... my only
>> selection is French, and there's no way to add to this list that I
>> can see.
>
> And it wasn't in French before? What happened to it?

I've just reinstalled my work laptop, but all in (British) English. Why OE
chose French I have no idea, but it seems impossible to change it back.