[OT] Vangelis' official website...

Lukas Mariman

Feb 23, 2006, 12:31:27 PM2/23/06
... Must be about to set a record.

http://www.vangelisworld.com/

How long has that page been up? 10 years?

StainlessSteelRat

Feb 23, 2006, 12:33:08 PM2/23/06

It's being made by the guys doing the BR SE DVD ;-)

Lukas Mariman

Feb 24, 2006, 1:43:54 PM2/24/06

"StainlessSteelRat" <use...@stainlesssteelrat.net> schreef in bericht

Or Perenchio is holding the rights to THAT as well. Let's blame him!

Theo Rist

Feb 23, 2006, 6:52:25 PM2/23/06

"StainlessSteelRat" <use...@stainlesssteelrat.net> wrote in message
> [...]

It's a mystery. All of it. Some possibilities I've come up with are:

(1) The whole internet 'thing' has got him confused.
(2) He's embarrassed about his last few albums being rather forgettable.
(3) alt.music.vangelis, being a ghost-town, has discouraged him.
(4) He can't be arsed with websites.

I wonder?

Barbarossa

Feb 28, 2006, 12:27:34 PM2/28/06

"Theo Rist" <t...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

(5) He is still wondering what to put there. His paintings or his music. ;-)

Kind Regards,
Barbarossa

Evil Sponge

Feb 28, 2006, 5:24:49 PM2/28/06

"Lukas Mariman" <lukas....@skynet.be> wrote in message

> ... Must be about to set a record.
>
> http://www.vangelisworld.com/
>
> How long has that page been up? 10 years?

My favourite bit is "At last it is happening!"...

Jon TMW

Aug 23, 2007, 6:06:19 PM8/23/07
Lukas Mariman wrote:

Nah, only seven.

Although it's been "under construction" since then, I hope they
will update the design eventually. It won't look good if it looks
like most websites looked in the year 2000: fixed width pages,
fixed size fonts, lots of highly saturated colours, blink tags,
liberal use of frames, stuff that should be text embedded in
massive images, and looks wonky in every browser that isn't
Internet Explorer 5.5!

Jon
--
_____________________ ____ ______________________________________________
With metta from: \ _/__ just another long haired thirty-something

Lukas Mariman

Aug 24, 2007, 2:35:08 AM8/24/07
Jon TMW wrote:
> Lukas Mariman wrote:
>
>> ... Must be about to set a record.
>>
>> http://www.vangelisworld.com/
>>
>> How long has that page been up? 10 years?
>
> Nah, only seven.

You sure? I *could* be wrong, but...

As far as I can recall, that message has been there since the site first
appeared, which was shortly before the release of Oceanic in 1996 (hence the
colour scheme used on the site). Which brings it to 11(!) years.

The most exciting thing that happened there ever since was that the people
behind the site at one point lost the domain name, but shortly afterwards
managed to get it back.

At which point the same old message, or perhaps some slight variation on it,
reappeared on the site...

I recently wrote a post about it on my blog, BTW. (See below.)

--
http://www.geocities.com/lmariman/
http://blamethis.blogspot.com/

Dennis Lodewijks

Aug 24, 2007, 2:58:58 AM8/24/07

> You sure? I *could* be wrong, but...

You are right. It will be eleven years in October.

You can still see it here on http://elsew.com in the news
archives: http://elsew.com/data/older1.htm

Best regards,
Dennis

Father Viv

Aug 24, 2007, 4:03:47 AM8/24/07
Lukas Mariman wrote:

> I recently wrote a post about it on my blog, BTW. (See below.)

OK, I'm confused now. I thought we weren't meant to read your blog?

--
Father Viv

"Oh, and by the way, who is that soup nazi called Father Vid???"
- jjjmack1

StainlessSteelRat

Aug 24, 2007, 5:12:59 AM8/24/07
Father Viv wrote:
>> I recently wrote a post about it on my blog, BTW. (See below.)
>
> OK, I'm confused now. I thought we weren't meant to read your blog?

I thought we were 'n stuff?

(He says just realising this is crossposted)

--
StainlessSteelRat
http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net

"I forgot my number one rule. Never trust a beautiful woman."
-- Detective McBain, The Thirteenth Floor

Lukas Mariman

Aug 24, 2007, 5:25:13 AM8/24/07
Father Viv wrote:
> Lukas Mariman wrote:
>>
>> I recently wrote a post about it on my blog, BTW. (See below.)
>
> OK, I'm confused now. I thought we weren't meant to read your blog?

No, that was just reverse psychology!

Lukas Mariman

Aug 24, 2007, 5:34:56 AM8/24/07

A bit sad, isn't it? Oh well...

Anyway, thanks, Dennis!

Jon TMW

Aug 25, 2007, 5:27:27 PM8/25/07
Lukas Mariman wrote:
> Jon TMW wrote:
>> Lukas Mariman wrote:
>>
>>> ... Must be about to set a record.
>>>
>>> http://www.vangelisworld.com/
>>>
>>> How long has that page been up? 10 years?
>>
>> Nah, only seven.
>
> You sure? I *could* be wrong, but...
>
> As far as I can recall, that message has been there since the site first
> appeared, which was shortly before the release of Oceanic in 1996 (hence
> the colour scheme used on the site). Which brings it to 11(!) years.

I thought that was a different one - I seem to remember it having not
one, but TWO pages!

> The most exciting thing that happened there ever since was that the people
> behind the site at one point lost the domain name, but shortly afterwards
> managed to get it back.

Maybe that event passed me by, in any case the current domain is
7 years old and hasn't changed in that time, which is stretching
"under construction" to the limit.

jacquelin...@googlemail.com

May 3, 2015, 5:32:05 AM5/3/15
Does anyone know who holds the copyright of the lyrics Find my way home?
Thanks