Van Halen FAQ (8/17/97)

Jon Schell

Sep 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/25/97

T H E

V A N H A L E N

F R E Q U E N T L Y A S K E D Q U E S T I O N S

L I S T

(last updated 8/17/97)

Welcome to the Van Halen FAQ! This FAQ was created for the Van Halen
Mailing List, maintained by myself with the gracious help of others on the
list. Please let me know what you think (your input really does matter.)
Send any suggestions, comments (postitive or negative), or corrections to me
at: jsc...@winternet.com (Jon Schell). I'd love to hear from you.

Changes since last post:

Updated the Inside's web address.
Song times and Producers added to "Marching To Mars"
Updated Televised Performances section.
Added "Humans Being" Re-mix.
Correction on length of "Interview" CD.
Updated Brief Biography.
Updated subscription info in question 2.
Added _That's The Stuff_ to Appearances section.
Added info to City of Hope Benefit in Appearances section.
Tribute To Jeff added in Appearances section.
Added "Little White Lies" to video section.
Updated info on question 26.

Section I: Brief VH Biographry
Section II: Frequently Asked Questions

1. What *happened* with the band last year?
2. How can I join the Van Halen mailing list?
3. What is 5150? 316? OU812? What do they mean?
4. Who is Jan Van Halen listed on Diver Down?
5. What is that music after "In A Simple Rhyme" at the end of Women And
Children First?
6. Did they authorize the use of "Jamie's Cryin'" for Tone Loc's "Wild Thing"
and "Right Now" for the Pepsi ad?
7. What are those pod things on the inside sleeve of 1984?
8. What does that hand signal mean on the back of OU812?
9. What bootlegs exist for Van Halen?
10. What are the band members birthdays?
11. Where can I get lyrics and tablature to the albums? How about MIDI
versions of Van Halen songs?
12. Is there a Van Halen WWW page?
13. What is the Inside? The "5150" fan club? How can I subscribe?
14. Why did Ed's look change so drastically in 1995?
15. What exactly am I hearing on "Strung Out?"
16. What is the Cabo Wabo Cantina?
17. In "Can't Stop Loving You", who is Ray that Sammy sings about towards the
end?
18. What's wrong with Ed's hip?
19. During "Unchained", who says, "C'mon Dave, give me a break?"
20. Where did the name "Baluchitherium" come from?
21. Who is this Greg Stafford I keep hearing about?
22. Are the band members married and do they have kids?
23. Who are Los Tres Gusanos?
24. What is Dave saying at that part in "Runnin' with the Devil?"
25. What are the lyrics to "Humans Being"?
26. What is the VH Unreleased Compilation I keep hearing about?
27. Why does "Runnin' with the Devil" sound different on the Best Of Volume I?
28. Where can I find out more info on Gary Cherone and his old band, Extreme?
29. The liner notes of the newest Aerosmith CD say Michael Anthony played on
it. Is this "our" Mikey?

Section III: Unreleased B-sides and rare tracks
Section IV: Appearances on other albums, videos etc.
Section V: Music Videos
Section VI: Televised Concert Performances
Section VII: Van Halen Discography
Section VIII: David Lee Roth Discography
Section IX: Sammy Hagar Discography
Section X: Thanks (to a bunch of cool people)

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section I: Brief Van Halen Biography

The brothers Alex and Edward were born in Holland in 1953 and 1955
respectively, where they lived until 1962, when the Van Halen's moved to
Pasadena, California. They were a musical family. Jan, their father, was an
accomplished clarinet player and Alex and Ed were both originally trained as
concert pianists. Their interests then shifted towards more popular music,
so they changed their instrument of choice; Ed's being drums and Alex's the
guitar. Ed had a paper route to pay for his drum set, so while he was out
delivering them, Alex would play his drums. Eventually, Alex got better than
Edward, so he started playing Alex's guitar. This seemed to work out rather
nicely, so this way it stayed.

After high school, playing in various cover bands, Ed was handling the
lead singing duties. They rented their P.A. from David Lee Roth, who was
in a local band The Red Ball Jets. He had moved to Pasadena with his father
from Bloomington, Indiana in 1972. Ed, hating to sing lead vocals, convinced
Dave to join the band which was later named Mammoth.

One gig they shared the bill with a band called Snake, who's lead
singer and bass player was Michael Anthony, from Chicago, Illinois. The band
invited Mike to jam with them, then later asked him to join the band. Being
very impressed with them, he agreed and joined Mammoth.

Realizing another band had layed claim to the name Mammoth, the boys
tossed around some new names, (one of them being Rat Salade), until they
finally decided upon Van Halen.

While playing at an LA club called The Starwood, Gene Simmons spots
them and decides to produce a demo for them. (On it was an early version of
"House of Pain" and "Runnin' with the Devil", complete with car horns which
served as a transition between the two songs.) Ed was a little uncomforable
in the studio, playing on someone elses equipment and not being used to the
idea of multi-track recording. The demo is rejected by all major studios.

In 1977, a year after making the demo, Warner Brothers producer Ted
Templeman spots them at the same club that Gene first saw them. He convinces
partner Mo Ostin to sign the band, and in February 1978, _Van Halen_ is
released.

And the world was a little better place.

Six platinum albums later, in 1985, Dave decided to leave the band
to pursue solo interests. The band tossed around the idea of doing an album
with different singers on each song, before deciding to look for a permanent
replacement.

While at a Lamborghini repair shop called Claudio's, Ed mentions that
he is looking for a new singer. Claudio, in turn, mentions Sammy Hagar, who
was in the band Montrose and now a successful solo artist, who's Lamborghini is
also in the shop. Ed calls him, and they set up a time for him to meet the
band.

After a short business meeting, they decide to jam. Eddie plays a song
he had been working on, to which Sammy began singing impromptu lyrics. This
song, with much of these original lyrics intact became "Summer Nights." They
got along great, and a new line-up was found. Their next album was 5150,
which went to #1, a first for the band. After that they had continued success,
with every one of their studio albums being certified multi-platinum.

Unfortunately, it was not to last. Soon after recording the song
"Humans Being" for the soundtrack to the movie _Twister_, a press release was
issued on June 26th, 1996, saying that Sammy had left the band. The
circustances of his departure were the cause of much controversy in the media,
as was Roth's departure in 1985. Whether or not Sammy quit or was fired is
the major subject of speculation. Sammy insists he was fired, while Ed
maintains that he thought Sammy left of his own volition, and amicably at that.

Before Sammy left, Van Halen had been working on a "Greatest Hits" CD.
Former front man David Lee Roth contacted Ed to discuss which songs would be
featured on it. Ed then asked Dave to collaborate with the band on some
new tracks to be included on the upcoming CD. The result ended up being two
songs: "Can't Get This Stuff No More" and "Me Wise Magic".

On September 4th, 1996, Van Halen, with David Lee Roth, made an
appearance on the MTV Video Music Awards. It was their first public appearance
together in 11 years, and they received a standing ovation.

Unfortunately, this was also not to last. Many fans who thought that
Dave had returned to Van Halen saw that this was not to be when they read an
open letter from Dave stating that he would not be returning to Van Halen, even
though he felt that he that he had been led to believe so by Eddie. This only
fueled the controversy surrounding the band, which was still without a lead
singer.

Ray Danniels, who now managed the band after the death of their
previous manager and friend, Ed Leffler, also managed the group Extreme. He
suggested Gary Cherone as a possibility, since their guitarist, Nuno
Bettencourt, had decided to leave the group to pursue solo projects. Gary met
with Van Halen, jammed on some old VH songs, and was immediately accepted into
the band. (According to Eddie, they started writing together that day.) A
new album with Gary is expected in late '97/early '98.

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section II: Frequently Asked Questions

1. What *happened* with the band last year?

That depends on who you ask. The first word the public received of
Sammy's departure was this press release that Valerie Bertinelli posted to the
VH list on June 26, 1996:

Van Halen In Studio With David Lee Roth

SRO Management has announced that Van Halen is in the studio working
with original lead singer David Lee Roth. Their collaboration will be
included on the band's upcoming Warner Bros. Records Greatest Hits
collection, scheduled for release this fall.

It has also been announced that Sammy Hagar, Van Halen's vocalist since
1986, is no longer with the group. The band is currently considering a
replacment.

Here's an excerpt from an interview with Sammy that appeared in the
June 28, 1996 Los Angeles Times (by Steve Hochman):

"[He told me], 'You never do what I ask you to do, you're really
stubborn,'" Hagar recalled Thursday by phone from his house in Hawaii in his
first interview since the split. "I said, 'It's never been like that before,
Eddie.'... But he said, 'You're a solo artist in this band, so you might as
well really be a solo artist.'"

After Dave appeared with the band at the MTV Music Awards, many thought
he was back in the band, until they read this open letter from Dave:

October 2, 1996
To whom this may concern,

You've probably heard rumors that Van Halen and I will not be
consummating our highly publicized reunion. And since neither Edward,
Alex, nor Michael have corroborated or denied the gossip, I would like
to go on record with the following: Eddie did it.

It's no secret, nor am I ashamed of my unbashed rapture at the
prospect of resurrecting the original Van Halen. A "couple of songs"
was all I knew for sure when Edward and I got together three months
ago to write them. At that time, the band tip-toed around me
sprinkling sentiments like, "this isn't sure thing, Dave: this doesn't
mean anything long term, Dave; we're still auditioning other singers,
Dave." I was cool. I was happy. I was in the moment.

The next thing I knew, the four of us are doing surprise walk-on at
the MTV Awards. I told Edward at that time that I didn't think it was
a good idea for the band to go to New York half-cocked; and that I
didn't want to Imply by our presence that we were "back" if in fact it
was just a quickle for old time's sake.

Well ain't hind sight always 20/20...Had I asked for something in
writing, this wouldn't have happened. Had I acknowledged the
occasional icy grip in my stomach, maybe this wouldn't have happened.
But I didn't. Like I said--rapture. And, I love these guys. Do I trust
them? That question never entered my mind.

Then, a series of events last week led me to discover at about the
same time the press did, that the band, along with their manager, had
already hired another lead singer, possibly as long as three months
ago. I wonder how he felt the night of the MTV Awards. It certainly
explains why on that night Edward looked as uncomfortable as a man who
just signed a deal with The Devil. I can't think of a reason Edward
would lie to me about being considered for the lead singer when he had
already hired someone, and then let me appear on MTV under the
impression that there was great likelihood that Van Halen and I were
reuniting. As I said, I told him in no uncertain terms that I didn't
want to do the MTV gig as a band unless we were in fact, a band.

And so I apologize to my fans and my supporters, and to MTV. I was an
unwitting participant in this deception. It sickens me that the
"reunion" as seen on MTV was nothing more than a publicity stunt. If I
am guilty of anything, I'm guilty of denial. I wanted to believe it
just as much as anyone else. Those who know me know that trickery was
never my style.

Van Halen released this press release as a response to Dave's open
letter on October 3, 1996:

We parted company with David Lee Roth 11 years ago for many reasons.
In his open letter of October 2nd, we were reminded of some of them.
The intention all along was to do two new songs with Dave for the Best
Of Volume 1 package. He was never lead to believe anything but that.
When the four of us were asked by MTV and Warner Bros. to present an
award at the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards, the four of us agreed.

Dave was never an "unwitting participant". We appeared in public just
as we do before releasing any other Van Halen record. For the last two
weeks we have been working with someone who we hope will be part of
the future of Van Halen, although no final decision can be announced
until contractual considerations have been resolved.

Van Halen will go forward and create the best possible music that we
can. Edward, Alex, Michael

subscribed to.

The digest format of the list (called "vanhalen-digest" on
majordomo) basically waits until there are around 1000 lines of
messages, and then compiles them all into one big message which is
sent to you. This can happen 4 to 5 times on a busy day. On
ESPECIALLY busy days on the Van Halen list, when the band releases
an album, makes a public appearance, or otherwise makes big news,
the volume on the list could go even higher than that. What can we
say? People get excited, and they post a lot. :)

The list is also available in "normal" format, meaning you get
individual messages throughout the day, as they are sent to the
list. The name of the "normal" format of the list on majordomo
is "vanhalen."

To switch to the normal list (from digest mode), send mail to
majo...@sonic.net with these lines in the body of your message:

unsubscribe vanhalen-digest
subscribe vanhalen

To switch to the digest format of the list (from normal mode), send
mail to majo...@sonic.net with these lines in the body of your
message:

unsubscribe vanhalen
subscribe vanhalen-digest

Both lists get the same messages--the only difference is the format.
So it makes little sense (to me) to subscribe to both.

Another way to switch from the digest version to the normal version (or
vice versa) is to simply mail a list council member of your request,
and it will be taken care of. The council consists of:

bra...@sonic.net - Brad Starks, listowner

Li...@sonic.net - Liza Cozad

rexja...@worldnet.att.net - Rex Jackson

erl...@ix.netcom.com - Ellen Lloyd

dj...@ibm.net - Mav

mu...@shizuokanet.or.jp - MULLY

w...@5150.com - Bill O'Neil

tx...@earthlink.net - Pat Baustert

lera...@wave.net - Len Radeka

Mail to everyone on the list should be sent to:

vanh...@sonic.net

Please send any subscribe/unsubscribe requests to:

majo...@sonic.net

This address will get you the automated server, which should
process your message within a few minutes. Please don't send
requests to the list itself, as you will have to wait until the
next time the list administrators read their email.

The format for requests is:

subscribe listname <your email address>
unsubscribe listname <your email address>

where the stuff in <> is optional (and please don't actually
include the "<" and ">" characters).

This mailing list is run using Majordomo. To get help on Majordomo
commands related to this list, send mail to:

majo...@sonic.net

with the word "help" as the first line of your message.

Please do NOT use email .sigs when sending messages to majordomo.
The automated server will attempt to interpret EVERY line in the
body of your email message as a command; thus, .sigs will often
confuse majordomo and cause problems.

If you absolutely CANNOT turn off the .sig on your emails, you
can get around this problem by adding a line with the word "end"
at the end of all your majordomo commands in the body of your
message. This "end" command basically tells majordomo to stop
interpreting the lines in the body of your message as commands.

* To read a separate FAQ pertaining to only the Van Halen Mailing
List, check out: http://www.vhml.com

3. What is 5150? 316? OU812? What do they mean?

5150 is the Los Angeles police code for the criminally insane. That
is what Ed named his recording studio he had built, where 1984, 5150 (the
album) and all subsequent albums were recorded (minus the vocal tracks on
Balance, which were recorded in Bryan Adam's studio in Canada.)

5150 originally came from a California statute passed in the 1960's
that designated an involuntary psychiatric admission for "hold for grave
disability" - usually meaning the person is not accountable for their actions
due to psychiatric compromise, and could be held for 72 hours. (The statute
also denotes a non-violent person.)

316 stands for March 16. Specifically in 1991, the birthdate of
Edward and Valerie Bertinelli's first child, Wolfgang Van Halen.

O-U-8-1-2. Say it out loud..."Oh, you ate one too." Get it? Many
think this title is in response to Dave's solo album "Eat 'em and Smile."

4. Who is Jan Van Halen listed on Diver Down?

Jan is Alex and Ed's Father. He played clarinet on "Big Bad Bill..."
Jan was reluctant to do this, because he hadn't played clarinet in about
10 years, due to an accident with a trailer where he lost his left middle
finger. In addition, he felt nervous about playing with dentures, but the band
was able to change his mind.

5. What is that music after "In A Simple Rhyme" at the end of Women And
Children First?

It's called "Growth" (all though in a recent interview, Michael
Anthony also reffered to it as "Tank.") It was a short piece the band came up
with, but had not really expanded upon, so they decided to put it on the end of
the album. They had an idea to continue it on the beginning of the next album,
but nothing ever came of it, so they left it at that. Also, this part fades
out on the tape and album, but does not on the cd.

6. Did they authorize the use of "Jamie's Cryin'" for Tone Loc's "Wild Thing"
and "Right Now" for the Pepsi ad?

Jamie's Cryin': No. Ed found out about it while hearing it on MTV.
He talked to Warner Bros., and apparently something was worked out where
credit was given on the CD insert for the sampled portions.

The Pepsi Ad: Yes, for Crystal Pepsi. Here's an excerpt from an
interview with Ed in the February 1995 Guitar World:

GW: Were you criticized for "selling out" when you let Pepsi use "Right Now"
for their ill-fated Crystal Pepsi advertising campaign?

VAN HALEN: Probably, but the only reason we gave them the music was because
they were going to use the song anyway. They would just have recut the song
with studio musicians, like they do for some TV movies when they redo an old
hit because they can't use the original. If they use the original, they've
got to pay, but if they don't, all they do is give credit to the artist and
then pay the studio cats. Pepsi told us that they were going to do that, so
we said, "Hey wait a minute, we might as well get the money." I ain't that
proud, you know. I'm not going to say--"No, go ahead, rip us off. And keep
the money too!"

7. What are those pod things on the inside sleeve of 1984?

The pods on the inside sleave are metal domes that are the tops for a
nickel-hydrogen cell. Each cell is connected to make a high voltage battery if
placed in series or a long lasting baterry if hooked up in parallel.

(Thanks to John Bros for this answer.)

8. What does that hand signal mean on the back of OU812?

One of two things, most likely:

a) Nothing.
b) A Vagina.

It is very similar to the sign language symbol that represents a
vagina, but this has not been confirmed as it's "actual" meaning. It actually
preceedes OU812. People can be seen doing it in the Live Without A Net video
from 1986.

9. What bootlegs exist for Van Halen?

Ron Higgins keeps a discography of known bootlegs for the band. His
WWW VH page can be found at http://www.cc.edu/~rhiggins/vh.html. If you do not
have WWW access, you can request the discography from him at
rhig...@carroll1.cc.edu. Additions to the discography welcome (CD's
preferred, but vinyl and cassette shows are all right *only* if released
through a bootleg company. A Maxell tape with a show on it is not suitable.)

10. What are the band members birthdays?

Michael Sobolewski (Anthony) June 20, 1954. Chicago, Ill.
Gary Francis Caine Cherone July 26, 1961 Malden, Massachussets
Sammy Roy Hagar Oct 13, 1947. Monterey, Cal.
David Lee Roth Oct 10, 1954. Bloomington, Ind.
Alexander Arthur Van Halen May 8, 1953. Amsterdam, Netherlands
Edward Lodewijk Van Halen Jan 26, 1955. Amsterdam, Netherlands

11. Where can I get lyrics and tablature to the albums? How about MIDI
versions of VH songs?

Fan interpreted lyrics can be found at:

The Van Halen Pleasure Dome:

http://www.tiac.net/users/kb5150/vh/vh.html

The lyrics to 5150, OU812 and Balance are available with the cd's.

Fan interpreted tablature can be found at:

Harmony Central

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/OLGA/all/van_halen.html

and

http://personal.pitnet.net/jeff1/

MIDI files can be found at CaboWabo's Van Halen MIDI jukebox:

http://pw2.netcom.com/~cabowabo/midi.html

12. Is there a Van Halen WWW page?

Yep.

The Offical Van Halen Page:
http://www.van-halen.com
The Van Halen News Desk
http://www.vhnd.com

Ron Higgins' page...(see question 9)

Liza Cozad's Sammy Hagar Page
http://www.redrocker.com

Check out http://www.vhnd.com/vhpages.html on the VH News Desk for a
much more complete listing of VH fan pages (and there's a lot of good ones out
there.)

13. What is the Inside? The "5150" fan club? How can I subscribe?

The Inside is a VH fan magazine published quarterly. To subscribe,
send a letter to:

The Inside
1739 East Broadway Rd. suite 105
Tempe, AZ 85282

Ask to be put on their mailing list. Then you will receive a booklet
with information on how to subscribe to the fan magazine, and an order form for
various pieces of merchandise.

Credit Card or C.O.D. orders call:

Phone: (602) 655-9300
Fax: (602) 655-9400

Further information can be found at their web page at:

http://www.vhinside.com/vhinside/

The "5150" fan club is another fan based magazine with most of the
text written in Dutch. Their address is:

Van Halen "5150"
Postbus 3021
2601 DA Delft
HOLLAND

* This FAQ and it's writer are not connected to The Inside or the 5150
fan club. Just passing along the info.

14. Why did Ed's look change so drastically in 1995?

According to an interview with Ed in the April 6th, 1995 edition of
Rolling Stone, it was not on a bet, as he has said in past interviews. Here's
what he had to say: "At the time, I couldn't explain it to him, [a German
journalist] so I told him I lost a bet." "Later, it made me think about the
whole thing, because the truth is, cutting my hair off did come at the end of
an unbelieveably heavy time for me. Our manager, Ed Leffler, died. Then
Sammy Hagar was off doing his loony fucking solo career. So we were managing
ourselves, and I'm going nuts because I'm getting bullshit phone calls Ed
must have gotten that we never heard about, like 'Hey, Eddie, would you like
to host Star Search?' I was sitting around here with Tim Collins, who manages
Aerosmith. This was probabaly one of the last nights that I drank - because
I've stopped drinking - but I was guzzling a bottle of wine down, and finally
I said to Tim, 'I'll be right back.' I walked down to the house, grabbed my
Norelco shaver and just shaved my head. Cut it completely off. I looked like
an Auschwitz victim. I guess everything in my life all came to a head,
literally. I was losing it. I was so frustrated and pissed off that I just
didn't know what to do."

15. What exactly am I hearing on "Strung Out?"

Around 1983-84, Ed and Val rented a house for the summer from composer
Marvin Hamlish. Ed recorded himself "playing" the strings of Marvin's
White Grand Piano with various objects including ping pong balls, D-cell
batteries, knives and forks... breaking a few strings in the process. What
is on the CD is selected parts from hours of recording.

16. What is the Cabo Wabo Cantina?

That is the club the band had built in 1990, located in Cabo San Lucas,
Mexico (all though it has been owned solely by Sammy for a while now). It is a
very large place. The entrance is through a patio bar, with a stone floor and
open roof. At the entrance is a gift shop that sells Red Rocker merchandise.

17. In "Can't Stop Loving You", who is Ray that Sammy sings about towards the
end?

Most likely Ray Charles, who wrote a song called "I Can't Stop Loving
You."

18. What's wrong with Ed's hip?

Years of jumping around on stage has not been good to Ed, and his bad
hip is a direct result. Ed will probably undergo hip-replacement surgery once
the mixing of the album is completed. A tour will have to wait until at least
3-6 months afterwards to allow him enough time to heal properly.

19. During "Unchained", who says, "C'mon Dave, give me a break?"

That was long time producer Ted Templeman.

20. Where did the name "Baluchitherium" come from?

That is the name of the largest land mammal that ever lived, now
extinct. Ed's wife Valerie was the one who came up with this title.

21. Who is this Greg Stafford I keep hearing about?

Some bootleg compilations of early VH material include the song "Black
Star", which is obviously not sung by Dave. Some claimed this person is a man
named Greg Stafford, someone who sang with Van Halen before Dave joined the
band.

For years, fans have debated whether or not this is Van Halen. Thanks
to The Inside, it has finally been solved. A CD with the songs in question
("Black Star", "Sleepless Nights", and "All That I Need") was sent to Ed.
Here's what he had to say:

"No, these three [songs] are not us. And I don't know who this Greg
character is, but he was never in *our* band! It doesn't sound like Mike or
me."

The real source of these songs has now been learned. The guitarist
is George Lynch, and the drummer is Mick Brown, both from the group Dokken.
The vocal was done by someone named Greg Sanford (not Stafford). They, along
with an unknown bass player formed a group called The Boyz which played many
of the clubs VH did during the middle to late 70's. So, it is finally
confirmed...these songs are NOT Van Halen.

22. Are the band members married and do they have kids?

Michael: Married to Sue. They have two children, Elicia and Taylor.

Sammy: Married to Kari Karte on November 29, 1995. He has two
children from a previous marriage to Betsy Hagar, Aaron and Andrew, and a child
with Kari named Kama.

Alex: Married to Kelly, but is currently filing for divorce. Has
one child, Aric (or Eric). He was involved in a previous marriage to Valerie
Kendall.

Eddie: Married to Valerie Bertinelli on April 11, 1981. They have
one child named Wolfgang.

Dave: Unmarried, no children.

Gary: Unmarried, no children.

23. Who are Los Tres Gusanos?

Sammy and Mike used to jam every once in a while at the Cabo Wabo
Cantina with Sam's drummer from his solo days, David Lauser. They called
themselves "Los Tres Gusanos" which translates to "The Three Worms." They did
this a few times a year, mostly playing covers or Montrose and solo Hagar
tunes.

24. What is Dave saying at that part in "Runnin' with the Devil?"

Most people agree that he is singing this: (the part after the second
verse right before the solo) - "God damn it lady, you know I ain't lyin' to
you, I'm only gonna tell you one time...."

25. What are the lyrics to "Humans Being"?

There is just enough Christ in me
To make me feel almost guilty
Is that why God made us breed
To make us see we're Humans Being

You break this, I'll break all that
You break my balls with all your crap
Spread your disease like lemmings breeding
That's what makes us Humans Being

Shine on, Shine on
Shine on, Shine on

Some low life flat head scum infects
The sickness in his eyes reflects
You wonder why your life is screaming
Wonder why your Humans Being

Shine on, Shine on
Shine on, Shine on

Humans
Humans Being
We're just Humans, Humans Being
That's what makes us
Humans Being......

26. What is the VH Unreleased Compilation I keep hearing about?

It is a wonderful tape collection compiled by the VHML listmembers
containing as many unreleased VH songs as fans could put together. Check out
the VHML to try and work out a trade for a copy.

27. Why does "Runnin' With The Devil" sound different on the Best Of Volume I?

The first pressings of the Best Of disc feature a version of "Runnin'
With The Devil" that has the 2nd and 3rd verse and chorus mixed up. According
to Ed, this was an error, and was not intentional. An incorrect master tape
was used. Future pressings of the disc will correct this problem.

28. Where can I find out more info on Gary Cherone and his old band, Extreme?

Check out http://www.kramerskorner.com/extreme.html

Jason Kramer keeps the Extreme page there and has everything you need
to know including a discography, lyrics, and much more.

29. The liner notes of the newest Aerosmith CD say Michael Anthony played on
it. Is this "our" Mikey?

Nope. That's a different person.

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section III: Unreleased B-sides and rare tracks

*VH*VH*VH* *VH*VH*VH* *VH*VH*VH*

From Diver Down:

"Secrets" (re-mix)
=========
This is available on a 45 rpm single. (Remember those?) It was
originally a promo item sent to radio stations, but copies can be found at
record conventions. "Secrets" is on both sides, the A-side being mono, and the
B-side stereo. The difference between this and the original is the addition of
a keyboard mixed fairly low in the background. Subtle, but effective. Also,
there are background vocals the first time Dave sings "Ow, ow, ow she got that
rhythm...", whereas on the original there were none.

From 5150:

"Dreams" (re-mix)
========
This is available on the vinyl singles. The difference is that this
contains an additional little guitar part from Ed. It's at the beginning of
the song, when Sammy sings, "... Better change your tune..." This is the
way the song appeared in the video the Blue Angels had made. There is also an
aditional re-mix that loops the guitar solo, making the song length 5:07, but
there is nothing new added to this version.

"Why Can't This Be Love" (re-mix)
========================
This is available on a 12" single. The only difference is the pulsing
intro part is twice as long.

From OU812:

"Finish What Ya Started" (re-mix)
========================
This version is found on the 45 rpm single. The only noticeable
difference is an additional hit of a cymbal right before the second verse.
This is also how the song was mixed in the video first aired on MTV. A longer,
dance-type remix also exists.

From F.U.C.K.:

"Poundcake" (Interview)
===========
The CD single contains an 6:57 interview with the band discussing the
then new album. Also includes "Pleasure Dome".

"Right Now" (re-mix)
===========
This is a re-mix on the CD single where the guitar solo is replaced
with a snyth solo of sorts. This version seemed to find most of it's air time
on top 40 radio stations.

From Right Here, Right Now:

"Jump (live)" (extra live tracks)
============
The cd single has two unreleased live tracks on it. "Mine All Mine"
and "Eagles Fly". "Love Walks In" is also on the single, but it is the same
version that appeared on the live album.

"Dreams (live)" (different version)
===============
This version on the single is different from the one on RH,RN. It
comes from the Secret Gig in L.A. The MTV video also uses this version.

From Balance:

"Crossing Over"
===============
An actual B-side from Balance! It can be found on the CD single for
"Can't Stop Lovin' You", and on the Japanese CD of Balance. Ed wrote and
recorded a demo of the song around '85-'86. This release has (for the most
part, all though not completely) his orignal demo coming out of the left
speaker, with new instrument parts recorded by the rest of the band out of the
right speaker, with Sammy on vocal. Ed wrote the song after a friend of his
commited suicide.

"Don't Tell Me" (re-mix)
===============
A promo CD of the song contains the re-mix. It's the version used in
the video.

"Not Enough" (re-mix)
============
The CD single contains 4 different remixes of the song.

From the Twister soundtrack:

"Humans Being" (re-mix)
==============
A CD single contains the re-mix along with "Respect The Wind".

Miscellaneous:

"Van Halen: The Interview " Baktabak Recordings CBAK 4071
==========================
This CD contains a 53 minute interview with Van Halen. The CD came
out in 1995, but the interview is from '87-'88. The band discusses the then
upcoming Monstors of Rock tour and the album _OU812_, which at the time wasn't
released yet.

Sammy items:
------------

From Standing Hampton:

"Satisfied" (previously unreleased)
===========
This is availavle on the B-side of the 7" single "I'll Fall In Love
Again."

DLR items:
----------

From Crazy From The Heat:

"California Girls" (re-mix)
==================
This is on the B-side of the vinyl single. The order of the verses,
chorus, etc have been changed and the instruments have been mixed differently.
The guitar seems much more prevalent in this version.

"Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody" (re-mix)
==================================
This is also on the B-side of the 45 single. Like "California Girls",
the order of the verses are different, and the instruments are mixed
differently than the original.

From A Little Ain't Enough:

"Tell The Truth" (blues re-mix)
================
This is the "B-side of the "Tell The Truth" CD single. Dave's vocals
have been completely removed and replaced with quotes from the movie
_Crossroads_, played intermittently throughout the song.

From Your Filthy Little Mouth:

"Mississippi Power" (previously unreleased)
===================
This is found on the UK CD single for "She's My Machine".

"Night Life" (live tracks)
============
This 2 part UK CD single contains the live tracks, "Jump", "She's My
Machine", "Panama", "Big Train" and "Experience".

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section IV: Appearances on other albums, videos, etc.

Nicolette-Nicolette Larson (1978) Warner Bros. BSK 3243
==========================
Eddie plays guitar on track 4, called "Can't Get Away From You".
(The liner notes list lead guitar as "?"). This album was produced and mixed
by Ted Templeman and Donn Landee. Nicolette Larson also appeared on a Van
Halen album. She sings along on one line of "Could This Be Magic?" off of
Women And Children First; the first line of the chorus after Ed's solo.

Heavy Metal (soundtrack) (1981) Full Moon/Asylum DP 90004
========================
Sammy performed the title song, which is different than the version
on Standing Hampton.

"My Mother Is A Space Cadet" -Dweezil and Moon Zappa (1982)
============================
Eddie and Don Landee produced this single for the Zappa kids. (Dweezil
was 12 at the time, according to Ed.) The flip side is "Crunchy Water".
Eddie plays the intro to "Space Cadet".

Fast Times At Ridgemont High (soundtrack) (1982) Electra 9 60158-4
Sammy performed the title song which is available on the soundtrack
album.

Thriller-Michael Jackson (1982) Epic QE 38112
========================
On the track "Beat It", Eddie is the man behind the guitar solo. Ed's
part was recorded in 20 minutes, and he was paid exactly $0.00 for the job.
It was done as a favor.

Brian May & Friends: Star Fleet Project (1983) EMI MLP-15014
=======================================
Side One
1) Star Fleet
2) Let Me Out

Side Two
1) Blues Breaker

Recorded April 21st and 22nd, 1983. Brian, (the guitarist of Queen),
while staying in Los Angleles, decided to invite some friends of his over to
record some tracks just for fun. Those included Eddie, Alan Gratzer, Phil Chen
and Fred Mandel. A few months after the session, Brian decided the public
might want to hear this too. The first song, "Star Fleet" is a "rockified"
version of the theme to a science fiction show that used to be broadcast in
England. "Let Me Out" is a song of Brian's that ends with a long guitar jam.
Towards the end of the song, you can hear Eddie's highest string break, but
they just kept playing anyway. "Blues Breaker" is dedicated to Eric Clapton
and is a spontaneous blues jam, lasting over 12 minutes. This EP is no longer
in print, but copies can be found at record conventions for about $25 to $30.
It is also available on CD, on 2 of Brian's singles. "Back To The Light" was
released on a two part cd single, with tracks 1 and 2 of Star Fleet on disc one
and track 3 on disc two. This was only released in England in 1993, and is now
fairly rare. It is also included in it's entirety on the Japanese CD single of
"Resurrection", another of Brian's songs, all though in the wrong order. This
may still be available by telneting to the cd connection (cdconnection.com).

A single from the E.P. was released in the U.K. The A-side is the
"single re-mix" of Starfleet, and the B-side is called "Son-of-Starfleet."
This is an instrumental version of the song.

Lone Wolf-Hank Williams Jr. (1990) Warner Bros. 26090
===========================
Sammy played guitar on the song "Almost Persuaded."

Lone Ranger-Jeff Watson (year-?) Shrapnel 1055
=======================
Sammy is credited with "BG chats" on the song "Cement Shoes."

Footloose (soundtrack) (1984) Columbia BL 39242
======================
Sammy performed the song "The Girl Gets Around" (co-written with
D. Pitchford) for the movie that showed that dancing wasn't sinful.

The Wild Life (soundtrack) (1984) MCA 5523
==========================
Eddie scored this movie, all though he only appears on one song on the
soundtrack called "Dounut City". Parts of future VH songs can be heard during
the movie, including portions of "Right Now", "Good Enough", "Feels So Good"
and "A.F.U."

That's The Stuff-Autograph (1985)
==========================
Michael Anthony sang backup on "Blondes In Black Cars". This was done
as a favor, and is uncredited.

The Seduction of Gina-tv movie (1983)
==============================
This starred Ed's wife, Valerie Bertinelli. Ed scored three songs for
the soundtrack, none of which were released.

Over The Top (soundtrack) (1987) CBS 40655
=========================
Sammy performed the song "Winner Takes It All" for the Sly Stallone
arm wrestling movie. (Eddie played bass on it.)

Les Paul and Friends: He Changed the Music-video (1988) HBO Video 50197-3
This was originally a special on cable tv that is now available on
video. Guitarists from many ranges of music came to pay tribute to the man
who invented multi-track recording, the synthesizer, and the solid-body
electric guitar. Ed is the first featured guitarist (after Les Paul shows off
a new toy he invented). He plays solo for a bit, then with the house band.
Other guitarists include David Gilmour (from Pink Floyd) , B. B. King,
and many others. Ed also comes back at the end for the "all out jam".

Lukather-Steve Lukather (1989)
=======================
Eddie co-produced and played bass on the song "Twist the Knife." (Steve
Lukather also played rhythm guitar on Michael Jackson's "Beat It.")

Brigade-Heart (1990) Capitol CDP 7 91820 2
=============
Sammy co-wrote two songs on this album. "The Night", with Carmassi/
Wilson/Wilson and "Fallen From Grace", with Harms/Carmassi. (Heart's former
drummer, Denny Carmassi used to be in Montrose.)

Astronauts And Heretics-Thomas Dolby (1992) Giant/Warner Bros. 9 24478-2
====================================
Eddie played guitar on two tracks: "Close But No Cigar" and "Eastern
Bloc (sequel to Europa And the Pirate Twins, 1981)", apparently to return the
favor of being shown how to use a sequencer by Dolby.

Welcome To The Neighborhood-Meatloaf (1995) MCA MCAD-11341
====================================
Sammy wrote, co-sang, played guitar on, and co-produced the song
"Amnesty Is Granted."

Cabo Wabo Birthday Bash-Los Tres Gusanos-video (1996)
This video was filmed October 19th, 1995 at Sammy's birthday
celebration at the Cabo Wabo Cantina. This 2 hour video can be purchased from
The Inside (see question 13 for their web page.) The set list is as follows:

Boys Night Out
I'll Fall in Love Again
Good Rockin' Tonight
Make it Last
Red
Baby's On Fire
High Hopes
Rock Me Baby/Blues Jam
I Don't Need Love
3 Lock Box/I'm Goin' Down
Roadhouse Blues
Bad Motor Scooter
Plain Jane (with Boston's Gary Pihl, who sits in with the band for the
remainder of the gig)
You're Love is Driving Me Crazy
Heavy Metal
Rock Candy
Rock and Roll Weekend
One Way to Rock
Wild Thing
I Can't Drive 55
Baby Please Don't Go

Twister (soundtrack) (1996) Warner Sunset/Warner Bros. 9-46254-2
====================
There are two VH related songs on the disc. The first track on the
disc is "Humans Being", written and performed by the whole band. The other
song, "Respect The Wind", was written and performed only by Ed & Al. Alex
wrote and performed the keyboard parts, and Eddie played guitar.

Twister (motion picture score) (1996) Atlantic Classics 82954-2
==============================
This disc contains the motion picture score to the movie composed by
Mark Mancina. The last track begins with the End Title (composed by Mancina)
which then plays into the beginning of a longer version of "Respect The Wind"
than on the _Twister_ soundtrack CD.

Fatherless Child-Rich Wyman (1996) Apricot Records 53162-0
===========================
Ed co-produced the following 4 tracks on the CD with Andy Johns:
"They are The Little Things", "Blinded By Pain", "The Water Sings", and "Even
The Dog Knows." Eddie played guitar on the first two tracks, and played
acoustic and electric on the third track, "The Water Sings".

David Garfield and Friends - Tribute to Jeff (1997) Zebra Records
Ed guested on two tracks off this CD in tribute to Jeff Porcaro:

"If Six Was Nine"
"It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry"

Some Music Video Cameos:
_______________________

"L.A. Is My Lady." - Frank Sinatra
==================
Dave and Ed walk through a crowd of fans into a limo equipped with a
VCR. Dave inserts a videocassette which then plays the video by Frank.

"Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" - Amadeus Soundtrack
========================
Dave takes on the roll of orchestra conductor in this video. He steps
up to a podium and says, "Alright everybody, I gotta get this suit back by six;
let's try and get it right." Scenes from Amadeus play throughout the video,
then at the end, Dave takes a bow.

As producers only:
-----------------

Shadows-Private Life (1988) Warner Bros. 9 25803-2
====================
Produced by Eddie Van Halen and Don Landee.

Private Life-Private Life (1990) Warner Bros. 9 26150-2
=========================
Produced by Eddie Van Halen and Ted Templeman.

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section V: Music Videos

From Van Halen I:

* "Eruption"
* "You Really Got Me"
* "Runnin' with the Devil"
* "Jamie's Cryin'"

From Van Halen II:

*& "Dance the Night Away (live)"
*& "You're No Good (live)"
& "Bottom's Up (live)"

From Women and Children First:

"Loss of Control"

From Fair Warning:

& "Unchained (live)"
& "So This Is Love? (live)"
& "Hear About it Later (live)"

From Diver Down:

"(Oh) Pretty Woman"
&* "Intruder/(Oh) Pretty Woman"

The first is a studio lip-sync version. The second is the one with
Ed as a cowboy, Mike as a Samuri, etc...

From 1984:

&* "Jump"
&* "Panama"
&* "Hot For Teacher"

From 5150:

&* "Why Can't This Be Love" (Not seen in the U.S.)
&* "Dreams"

Van Halen did not make the video for "Dreams". It was made by the
Blue Angels, celebrating their 40th Anniversary. Also, some live videos
were shown for some 5150 songs (like * "Love Walks In") which came from their
home video, Live Without A Net.

From OU812:

* "When It's Love"
* "Finish What Ya Started" (at least 2 versions)
* "Feels So Good"

The less common version of "FWYS" is slightly letterboxed and has more
shots of various women in it. (This is the version on the Rage videotape
mentioned at the end of this section, as well as on the Video Hits release.)

From F.U.C.K.:

* "Poundcake"
* "Runaround"
* "Top Of The World"
"Top Of The World (live)"
* "Right Now"

The live version of "TOTW" is a different performance from the one on
Right Here, Right Now.

From Right Here, Right Now:

"Dreams (live)"
"Jump (live)"

The video for "Dreams" on the Video Hits release is actually not from
"Right Here, Right Now." It is a separate performance, filmed at The Whisky,
a club the band used to play at quite frequently when first starting out.

From Balance:

"Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)"
"Can't Stop Lovin' You"
& "Amsterdam"
"Not Enough"

From the Twister soundtrack:

"Humans Being"

There are 2 versions of this video. One contains clips from the movie
Twister, the other does not. The version without the clips is available on
the Video Hits release.

David Lee Roth videos:
======================

From Crazy From The Heat:

& "California Girls"
* "Just A Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody"

From Eat 'em and Smile:

* "Yankee Rose"
* "Going Crazy!"
"Loco De Calor!" (Spanish version of 'Goin' Crazy")
* "That's Life"

From Skyscraper:

* "Just Like Paradise"
"Stand Up"

From A Little Ain't Enough:

* "A Little Ain't Enough"
* "Sensible Shoes"
* "Tell The Truth"

From Your Filthy Little Mouth

"She's My Machine"

Sammy Hagar videos:
==================

From Three Lock Box:

"Three Lock Box"

From VOA:

"I Can't Drive 55"
"VOA"
"Two Sides Of Love"

From the Over The Top Soundtrack:

"Winner Takes It All"

From I Never Said Goodbye:

"Eagles Fly"
"Give To Live"
"Hands and Knees"

From Marching To Mars:

"Little White Lies"

* The items with an asterisk are videos that appeared on a 2 hour
program called Rage, shown in Australia. They showed all of the VH and DLR
videos they had, in order, up to and including the F.U.C.K. videos.

& The items with an ampersand are videos that appeared on a 1 hour
special on the Australian Pay TV network called Galaxy, which included many of
the videos that Rage didn't air. Videotapes of these can be found at record
shows, bootleg conventions, and with many a VH fan.

A listing of the Van Halen videos available on the Video Hits release
is shown in the Discography.

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section VI: Televised Concert Performances

Van Halen:
**********

The 1991 MTV Video Awards - September 5, 1991
-------------------------
Performed: "Poundcake"

"The Jon Stewart Show" - April 27, 1995
----------------------
Performed: "Amsterdam"
"Aftershock"
"Can't Stop Lovin' You" (Cut off at end)

Spring Break Rocks: Van Halen In Concert - March 25, 1995
Performed: "The Seventh Seal"
"Big Fat Money"
"Finish What Ya Started"
"Guitar Solo"
"Why Can't This Be Love"
"Feelin'"
"Right Now"
"Dreams" (Only the last half of the song is aired.)

This was an hour long concert on MTV, taped at the first gig of their
tour in Pensacola, FL, on March 11, 1995. It also includes interviews with
the band by Jon Stewart.

"Late Show with David Letterman" - August 10, 1995
--------------------------------
Performed: "Not Enough"
"Jump"

("Jump" was during the commercial break, which was performed by Sammy, Ed
and Mike with the CBS Orchestra, but not Al. Only the beginning and end are
heard.)

Van Halen-Balance World Tour From The Molson Amphitheatre - November 10, 1995
--------------------------------------------------------- (Canada)
December 8, 1995
Performed: "Right Now" (USA)
"Big Fat Money"
"Top Of The World"
"Not Enough"
"Amsterdam"
"Mine All Mine"
"Drum Solo"
"Can't Stop Lovin' You"
"Feelin'"
"Eagles Fly"
"Guitar Solo"
"Why Can't This Be Love"
"Dreams"
"Poundcake"
"Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)"
"Panama"

This special was first shown in Canada on the Viewer's Choice Network.
It then aired a month later in the US as a Pay-Per-View cable special. The
Canadian special contained the performance of the opening band Our Lady Peace,
and was taped in Toronto, CA on August 18-19, 1995.

Eddie Van Halen:
****************

"Late Night with David Letterman" - May 16, 1985
---------------------------------
Sat in with the band when the show was being taped in L.A.

"Late Night with David Letterman" - June 27, 1985
---------------------------------
Performed: "Panama"

This was performed with Paul and the band. He also sat in with them
during the show.

"Saturday Night Live" - February 28, 1987
---------------------
Performed: "Stompin' 8H"

This was basically an impromptu jam with the SNL band.

"City of Hope Benefit Concert" - March 8th, 1997
------------------------------
This concert first aired on VH-1 and was taped in Universal City, CA,
on October 16, 1996. The all-star band, led by Paul Shaffer, consisted of
Edward, Bryan Adams, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Steve Winwood and many
others.

David Lee Roth:
***************

"Late Night with David Letterman" - April 23, 1991
---------------------------------
Performed: "Tell the Truth"

"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" - November 13, 1995
--------------------------------
Performed: "California Girls"

Sammy Hagar:
************

"Late Night with David Letterman" - August 7, 1987
---------------------------------
Performed: "Boys Night Out"

He also sat in with the band that night.

"Late Show with David Letterman" - March 30, 1994
--------------------------------
Performed: "High Hopes"

"Late Show with David Letterman" - May 23, 1997
--------------------------------
Performed: "Little White Lies"

Coming back from commerical break, Sammy finished up a performance of
"Why Can't This Be Love"

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section VII: Van Halen Discography

Van Halen Warner Bros. 3075-2

1) Runnin' with the Devil 3:32
2) Eruption 1:42
* 3) You Really Got Me 2:37
4) Ain't talkin' 'bout Love 3:47
5) I'm The One 3:44
6) Jamie's Cryin' 3:30
7) Atomic Punk 3:00
8) Feel Your Love Tonight 3:40
9) Little Dreamer 3:22
# 10) Ice Cream Man 3:18
11) On Fire 3:01

All songs by Van Halen except:
* written by Ray Davies
# written by John Brim

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1978

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Van Halen II Warner Bros. 3312-2

* 1) You're No Good 3:12
2) Dance The Night Away 3:04
3) Somebody Get Me A Doctor 2:51
4) Bottoms Up! 3:04
5) Outta Love Again 2:49
6) Light Up The Sky 3:09
7) Spanish Fly :58
8) D.O.A. 4:07
9) Women In Love... 4:05
10) Beautiful Girls 3:55

All songs writen by Van Halen except:
* written by Clint Ballard Jr.

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1979

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Women And Children First Warner Bros. 3415-2

1) And The Cradle Will Rock... 3:31
2) Everybody Wants Some!! 5:05
3) Fools 5:55
4) Romeo Delight 4:19
5) Tora! Tora! :57
6) Loss of Control 2:36
7) Take Your Whiskey Home 3:09
8) Could This Be Magic? 3:08
9) In A Simple Rhyme 4:33

All songs written by Van Halen

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1980

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Fair Warning Warner Bros. 3540-2

1) Mean Streets 4:55
2) "Dirty Movies" 4:06
3) Sinner's Swing! 3:08
4) Hear About It Later 4:33
5) Unchained 3:27
6) Push Comes To Shove 3:48
7) So This Is Love? 3:05
8) Sunday Afternoon In The Park 2:00
9) One Foot Out The Door 1:56

All songs written by Van Halen

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1981

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Diver Down Warner Bros. 3677-2

* 1) Where Have All The Good Times Gone? 3:02
2) Hang 'em High 3:28
3) Cathedral 1:20
4) Secrets 3:25
5) Intruder 1:39
# 6) (Oh) Pretty Woman 2:53
@ 7) Dancing In The Street 3:43
8) Little Guitars (intro) :42
9) Little Guitars 3:47
$ 10) Big Bad Bill (Is Sweet William Now) 2:44
11) The Full Bug 3:18
% 12) Happy Trails 1:03

All songs written by Van Halen except:
* written by Ray Davies
# written by Roy Orbison/Bill Dees
@ written by William Stevenson/Ivy Jo Hunter/Marvin Gaye
$ written by Jack Yellen/Milton Ager
% written by Dale Evans

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1982

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

1984 Warner Bros. 9 23985-2

1) 1984 1:07
2) Jump 4:04
3) Panama 3:31
4) Top Jimmy 2:59
5) Drop Dead Legs 4:13
6) Hot For Teacher 4:42
7) I'll Wait 4:41
8) Girl Gone Bad 4:33
9) House Of Pain 3:18

All songs written by Van Halen

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1983

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

5150 Warner Bros. 9 25394-2

1) Good Enough 4:00
2) Why Can't This Be Love 3:45
3) Get Up 4:35
4) Dreams 4:54
5) Summer Nights 5:04
6) Best Of Both Worlds 4:49
7) Love Walks In 5:09
8) "5150" 5:44
9) Inside 5:02

All songs written by Van Halen

Produced by Van Halen, Mick Jones, and Donn Landee Copyright 1986

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

OU812 Warner Bros. 9 25732-2

1) Mine All Mine 5:11
2) When It's Love 5:36
3) A.F.U. (Naturally Wired) 4:28
4) Cabo Wabo 7:03
5) Source Of Infection 3:58
6) Feels So Good 4:27
7) Finish What Ya Started 4:20
8) Black And Blue 5:24
9) Sucker In A 3 Piece 5:52
* 10) A Apolitical Blues 3:50

All songs written by Van Halen except:
* written by Lowell George (On CD only)

Copyright 1988

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Warner Bros. 9 26594-2

1) Poundcake 5:22
2) Judgement Day 4:41
3) Spanked 4:53
4) Runaround 4:21
5) Pleasure Dome 6:57
6) In 'n' Out 6:05
7) Man On A Mission 5:04
8) The Dream Is Over 4:00
9) Right Now 5:21
10) 316 1:29
11) Top Of The World 3:55

All songs written by Van Halen

Produced by Andy Johns, Ted Templeman, and Van Halen Copyright 1991

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Van Halen LIVE: Right Here, Right Now Warner Bros. 9 45198-2

Disc One

1) Poundcake 5:28
2) Judgement Day 4:53
3) When It's Love 5:22
4) Spanked 5:09
5) Ain't 'talkin' 'bout Love 4:38
6) In 'N' Out 6:21
7) Dreams 4:49
8) Man On A Mission 4:50
9) Ultra Bass 5:15
10) Pleasure Dome/Drum Solo 9:38
11) Panama 6:39
12) Love Walks In 5:14
13) Runaround 5:22

Disc one: Tracks 5,11 written by Eddie, Alex, Dave, Mike
All other tracks by Eddie, Alex, Sammy, Mike

Disc Two

1) Right Now 6:14
2) One Way To Rock 4:59
3) Why Can't This Be Love 5:22
4) Give To Live 5:40
5) Finish What Ya Started 5:50
6) Best Of Both Worlds 5:01
7) 316 11:38
8) You Really Got Me/Cabo Wabo 7:58
9) Wont' Get Fooled Again 5:42
10) Jump 4:27
11) Top Of The World 4:59

Disc two: Track 10 by Eddie, Alex, Dave, Mike
Tracks 2,4 written by Sammy
Track 8 (YRGM) by Ray Davies
Track 9 written by Pete Townshend
All other tracks by Eddie, Alex, Sammy, Mike

Produced by Van Halen and Andy Johns Copyright 1993

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Balance Warner Bros. 9 45760-2

1) The Seventh Seal 5:18
2) Can't Stop Lovin' You 4:07
3) Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do) 5:56
4) Amsterdam 4:45
5) Big Fat Money 3:57
6) Strung Out 1:29
7) Not Enough 5:13
8) Aftershock 5:29
9) Doin' Time 1:41
10) Baluchitherium 4:05
11) Take Me Back (Deja Vu) 4:43
12) Feelin' 6:36

All songs written by Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen,
Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony.

Produced by Bruce Fairbairn Copyright 1995

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Van Halen Best of Volume I Warner Bros. 9 46332-2

1) Eruption 1:42
2) Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love 3:47
3) Runnin' With The Devil 3:32
4) Dance The Night Away 3:04
5) And The Cradle Will Rock... 3:31
6) Unchained 3:27
7) Jump 4:04
8) Panama 3:31
9) Why Can't This Be Love 3:45
10) Dreams 4:54
11) When It's Love 5:36
12) Poundcake 5:22
13) Right Now 5:21
14) Can't Stop Lovin' You 4:08
15) Humans Being 5:10
16) Can't Get This Stuff No More 5:14
17) Me Wise Magic 6:05

Tracks 1-6,16,17 written by Eddie, Alex, Mike and Dave
Tracks 7,8 written by Eddie Alex and Dave
Tracks 9-15 written by Eddie, Alex, Sammy and Mike

(It is unclear why Mike isn't credited with "Panama" and "Jump"
when he was credited on _1984_.)

Tracks 16, 17 produced by Glen Ballard and Van Halen Copyright 1996

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Videotapes:

Live Without A Net Warner Reprise Video 3-38129

$ 1) There's Only One Way To Rock
2) Summer Nights
3) Get Up
4) Drum Solo
5) "5150"
6) Best Of Both Worlds
7) Bass Solo
# 8) Panama
9) Love Walks In
* 10) Guitar Solo
$ 11) I Can't Drive 55
# 12) Ain't talkin' 'bout Love
13) Why Can't This Be Love
% 14) Rock and Roll

* The solo starts out with what will later be named "316".

All tracks by Sammy/Eddie/Alex/Mike except:
# by Dave/Eddie/Alex/Mike
$ by Sammy Hagar
% by Jimmy Page/Robert Plant/John Paul Jones/John Bonham

Copyright 1986

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Van Halen LIVE: Right Here, Right Now Warner Reprise Video 38290-3

1) Poundcake
2) Judgement Day
3) Man On A Mission
4) When It's Love
5) In 'N' Out
6) Right Now
7) Ultra Bass
8) Pleasure Dome/Drum Solo
9) Spanked
10) Runaround
11) Finish What Ya Started
* 12) Eagles Fly
13) 316
$ 14) You Really Got Me/Cabo Wabo
15) The Dream Is Over
# 16) Jump
17) Top Of The World

All tracks by Sammy/Eddie/Alex/Mike except:
# by Dave/Eddie/Alex/Mike
* by Sammy Hagar
$ "YRGM" by Ray Davies

Copyright 1993

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Van Halen Video Hits Volume I Warner Reprise Video 38428-3

1) Jump
2) Panama
3) Hot For Teacher
4) When It's Love
5) Finish What Ya Started
6) Poundcake
7) Runaround
8) Right Now
9) Dreams
10) Don't Tell Me
11) Can't Stop Lovin' You
12) Not Enough
13) Humans Being

Tracks 1-3 (Edward Van Halen/Alex Van Halen/David Lee Roth)
Tracks 4-13 (Edward Van Halen/Alex Van Halen/Sammy Hagar/Michael Anthony)

Copyright 1996

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section VIII: David Lee Roth Discography

Crazy From The Heat Warner Bros. 9 25222-2

* 1) Easy Street 3:45
# 2) Just A Gigolo 4:34
% 3) California Girls 2:47
@ 4) Coconut Grove 2:52

Songs written by:
* Dan Hartman
# Leonello Casucci/Irving Caesar/Spencer Williams/
Roger Graham
% Brian Wilson
@ John Sebastian/Zal Yanovsky

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1985

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Eat `Em and Smile Warner Bros. 9 25470-2

1) Yankee Rose 3:47
* 2) Shyboy 3:23
# 3) I'm Easy 2:03
4) Ladies Nite In Buffalo? 4:08
5) Goin' Crazy! 3:21
% 6) Tobacco Road 2:27
7) Elephant Gun 2:23
8) Big Trouble 3:56
9) Bump and Grind 2:42
@ 10) That's Life 2:29

All songs written by David Lee Roth and Steve Vai except:
* Written by Billy Sheehan/Arrangment by David Lee Roth
# Written by Billy Field/Tom Price
% Written by John D. Loudermilk
@ Written by D. Kay/K. Gordon

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1986

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Sonrisa Salvaje Warner Bros. 9 95516-1

1) Yankee Rose 3:47
* 2) Timido 3:23
# 3) Soy Facil 2:03
4) Noche De Ronda En La Ciudad 4:08
5) Loco De Calor! 3:21
% 6) LaCalle Del Tobaco 2:27
7) Arma De Caza Mayor 2:23
8) En Busca De Pleito 3:56
9) Cuanto Frenesi 2:42
@ 10) Asi Es La Vida 2:29

All songs written by David Lee Roth and Steve Vai except:
* Written by Billy Sheehan/Arrangment by David Lee Roth
# Written by Billy Field/Tom Price
% Written by John D. Loudermilk
@ Written by D. Kay/K. Gordon

This album is the same as Eat 'Em and Smile, but with the lyrics
in Spanish, sung by Dave.

Produced by Ted Templeman Copyright 1986

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Skyscraper Warner Bros. 9 25671-2

* 1) Knucklebones 3:18
# 2) Just Like Paradise 4:03
3) The Bottom Line 3:37
4) Skyscraper 3:38
5) Damn Good 5:49
6) Hot Dog And A Shake 3:19
# 7) Stand Up 4:39
8) Hina 4:40
# 9) Perfect Timing 3:41
10) Two Fools A Minute 4:28

All songs written by David Lee Roth and Steve Vai except:
*Written by David Lee Roth/Matt Bissonette/Greg Bissonette
#Written by David Lee Roth/Brett Tuggle

Produced by David Lee Roth and Steve Vai Copyright 1988

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

A Little Ain't Enough Warner Bros. 9 26477-2

* 1) A Little Ain't Enough 4:42
# 2) Shoot It 4:13
% 3) Lady Luck 4:41
@ 4) Hammerhead Shark 3:34
& 5) Tell The Truth 5:18
& 6) Baby's On Fire 3:22
& 7) 40 Below 4:55
$ 8) Sensible Shoes 5:09
^ 9) Last Call 3:22
& 10) The Dogtown Shuffle 4:59
+ 11) It's Showtime! 3:47
+ 12) Drop In The Bucket 5:07

* Written by David Lee Roth/Robbie Nevil
# Written by David Lee Roth/Robbie Nevil/Gregg Bissonette/
Brett Tuggle
% Written by David Lee Roth/Craig Goldy
@ Written by David Lee Roth/Eric Lowen/Preston Sturges
& Written by David Lee Roth/Brett Tuggle/Steve Hunter
$ Written by David Lee Roth/Preston Sturges/Dennis Morgan
^ Written by David Lee Roth/Matt Bissonette/Gregg Bissonette/
Brett Tuggle/Ron Richotte
+ Written by David Lee Roth/Jason Becker

Produced by Bob Rock Copyright 1991

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Your Filthy Little Mouth Reprise 9 45391-2

* 1) She's My Machine 3:53
# 2) Everybody's Got The Monkey 3:01
% 3) Big Train 4:14
4) Experience 5:54
& 5) A Little Luck 4:40
6) Cheatin' Heart Cafe 4:06
7) Hey, You Never Know 2:46
8) No Big 'Ting 4:51
$ 9) You're Breathin' It 3:46
10) Your Filthy Little Mouth 3:02
11) Land's Edge 3:12
+ 12) Night Life 3:35
13) Sunburn 4:42
$ 14) You're Breathin' It 4:13
(Urban NYC Mix)

All songs written by David Lee Roth and Terry Kilgore except:
* Written by David Lee Roth/Monty/Byrom/David Neuhauser
# Written by David Lee Roth/Frank Simes/Joey Hunting
% Written by David Lee Roth/Terry Kilgore/Preston Sturges
& Written by David Lee Roth/Steve Hunter/Eddie Anderson
$ Written by David Lee Roth/Terry Kilgore/Richard Hilton
+ Written by Willie Nelson/Paul Biskirk/Walt Breeland

Produced by Nile Rodgers Copyright 1994

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section IX: Sammy Hagar Discography

(This is incomplete. Any additions welcome)

Compilation Albums:
------------------
Loud and Clear - Live (1980) Capitol
(U.K. version of All Night Long with bonus live track,
"Space Station #5.)
Centre Hole (U.K. only - 1980)
Red Hot (Live comp.) Capitol CDL-57245
(combines parts of "All Night Long" and "Live 1980")
Rematch (1982) Capitol SN-16336
-(Contains "I've Done Everything For You")
Red Alert Dial Nine (U.K. only - 1982)
Collection (U.K. only - 1983)
Cruisin' & Boozin' (1984) Capitol 4XL-9092
Lookin' Back (1986) Geffen LP- 924127-1
Turn Up the Music (1987) Capitol 4XL-9525
Rematch and More (CD re-issue of "Rematch" - 1987)
Best Of (1992) Capitol CDL-80262
-(Contains "Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay")
Sammy Hagar: The Anthology (1994) VSOP CD 207
Others?

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

With Montrose:
-------------
Montrose Warner Bros.

1) Rock The Nation
2) Space Station #5
3) I Don't Want It
4) Make It Last
5) Bad Motor Scooter
6) Good Rockin' Tonight
7) Rock Candy
8) One Thing On My Mind

Produced by Montrose and Ted Templeman Copyright 1973

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Paper Money-Montrose Warner Bros. BS 2823

% 1) Underground 3:33
# 2) Connection 5:42
* 3) The Dreamer 4:05
$ 4) Starline 3:36
$ 5) I Got The Fire 3:06
* 6) Space Age Sacrifice 4:55
$ 7) We're Going Home 4:52
* 8) Paper Money 5:01

* written by Sammy Hagar/R. Montrose
$ written by R. Montrose
# written by M. Jaggar/K. Richard
% written by Chunky/Novi/Ernie
Copyright 1974

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

With Neal Schon:
----------------
Through The Fire Geffen GHS 4023

HSAS-Hagar, Schon, Aaronson, Shrieve

1) Top Of The Rock 4:18
2) Missing You 4:26
3) Animation 5:02
4) Valley Of The Kings 3:22
5) Giza 1:20
* 6) Whiter Shade Of Pale 4:46
7) Hot & Dirty 4:17
8) He Will Understand 4:47
9) My Hometown 4:05

All songs by Sammy Hagar & Neal Schon
except:

* written by Procol Harum

Produced by Hagar/Schon Copyright 1984

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Solo:
----
Nine On A Ten Scale CAPITOL ST-11489

1) Keep On Rockin' 2:50
2) Urban Guerilla 2:53
3) Flamingos Fly 4:30
4) China 3:05
5) Silver Lights 5:38
6) All American 3:53
7) Confession (Please Come Back) 3:17
8) Young Girl Blues 7:50
9) Rock 'N' Roll Romeo 7:50

Tracks 1, 2, 9 written by J. Carter/Sammy Hagar
Tracks 5, 6 by S. Hagar
Track 3 by Van Morrison
Track 4 by Robert Welch
Track 7 by Robert Nagle
Track 8 by Donovan Leitch

Produced by Carter Copyright 1976

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Sammy Hagar CAPITOL ST-11599

1) Red 4:04
2) Catch the Wind 4:36
3) Cruisin' & Boozin' 3:08
4) Free Money 3:57
5) Rock 'N' Roll Weekend 3:06
6) Fillmore Shuffle 3:42
7) Hungry 3:03
8) The Pits 3:05
9) Love Has Found Me 3:50
10) Little Star / Eclipse 6:13

Tracks 1, 8 written by J. Carter/S. Hagar
Tracks 3, 5, 9, 10 by S. Hagar
Track2 by Donovan Leitch
Track 4 by P. Smith/L. Kaye
Track 6 by Bruce Stephens
Track 7 by B. Mann/C. Weil

Produced by Carter Copyright 1977

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Musical Chairs Capitol/EMI ST-11706

* 1) Turn Up The Music 3:35
2) It's Gonna Be All Right 4:10
3) You Make Me Crazy 2:44
4) Reckless 3:31
5) Try (Try To Fall In Love) 3:11
* 6) Don't Stop Me Now 3:12
$ 7) Staight From The Hip Kid 3:06
8) Hey Boys 2:48
9) Someone Out There 3:01
10) Crack In The World 5:08

All songs written by Sammy Hagar except:
* J. Carter/S. Hagar
$ N. Tager/P. Travis
Copyright 1977

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

All Night Long CAPITOL SMAS-11812

*LIVE ALBUM

1) Red 5:10
2) Rock 'N' Roll Weekend 3:40
3) Make It Last / Reckless 6:40
4) Turn Up the Music 5:16
5) I've Done Everything For You 3:35
6) Young Girl Blues 9:00
7) Bad Motor Scooter 7:05

Produced by Carter and S. Hagar Copyright 1978

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Street Machine CAPITOL ST-11983

1) Growing Pains 3:40
2) Child To Man 4:24
3) Trans Am (Highway Wonderland) 3:44
4) Feels Like Love 4:20
5) Plain Jane 3:46
6) Never Say Die 4:44
7) This Planet's On Fire (Burn In Hell) 4:32
* 8) Wounded In Love 3:48
9) Falling In Love 4:45
10) Straight To the Top 3:27

All songs by Sammy Hagar except:
* by Betsy Hagar

Produced by S. Hagar Copyright 1979

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Danger Zone CAPITOL ST-12069

1) Love or Money 3:01
* 2) 20th Century Man 3:15
3) Miles From Boredom 3:44
4) Mommy Says, Daddy Says 2:33
5) In the Night (Entering the Danger Zone) 5:12
6) The Iceman 4:09
7) Bad Reputation 3:31
# 8) Heartbeat 3:54
$ 9) Run For Your Life 4:20
10) The Danger Zone :44

All tracks written by Sammy Hagar except:
* by S. Hagar/G. Pihl
# by S. Hagar/B. Hagar
$ by Gould/Pidgon

Track 9 produced by Tom Scholz
Produced by Geoff Workman and S. Hagar Copyright 1980

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Standing Hampton GEFFEN 2006-2

1) I'll Fall In Love Again 4:10
2) There's Only One Way To Rock 4:11
3) Baby's On Fire 3:31
4) Can't Get Loose 5:34
* 5) Heavy Metal 3:47
6) Baby, It's You 4:43
# 7) Surrender 3:12
8) Inside Lookin' In 4:24
$ 9) Sweet Hitchhiker 4:06
% 10) Piece of My Heart 3:55

All songs by Sammy Hagar except:
* by S. Hagar/J. Peterik
# by Chas. Sanford
$ by S. Hagar/D. Lauser
% by J. Ragovoy/B. Berns

Produced by Keith Olsen Copyright 1981

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Three Lock Box GEFFEN 2021

1) Three Lock Box 3:22
2) Remote Love 3:54
* 3) Remember the Heroes 5:58
4) Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy 3:30
5) In the Room 3:42
6) Rise Of the Animal 5:30
7) I Wouldn't Change A Thing 3:19
8) Growing Up 3:16
# 9) Never Give Up 3:14
$ 10) I Don't Need Love 3:08

All tracks by Sammy Hagar except:
* by J. Cain/S. Hagar
# by A. Pasqua
$ by B. Church/S. Hagar/D. Lauser/G. Pihl

Produced by Keith Olsen Copyright 1982

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Live 1980 CAPITOL SK-512299

1) Hammersmith Odeon Introduction 1:01
2) Trans Am (Highway Wonderland) 4:24
3) Love Or Money 3:30
4) Plain Jane 2:27
5) 20th Century Man 3:43
6) This Planet's On Fire (Burn In Hell) 4:25
7) In The Night (Entering The Danger Zone) 1:26
8) The Danger Zone 5:00
9) Space Station #5 3:58

Produced by Carter Copyright 1980

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

VOA GEFFEN 24043

1) I Can't Drive 55 4:12
2) Swept Away 5:36
3) Rock Is In My Blood 4:29
4) Two Sides Of Love 3:41
5) Dick In The Dirt 4:19
6) VOA 4:29
* 7) Don't Make Me Wait 4:06
8) Burnin' Down the City 5:32

All songs by Sammy Hagar except:
* written by S.H./Jesse Harms
Copyright 1984

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

I Never Said Goodbye GEFFEN 24144

1) When the Hammer Falls 4:08
2) Hands and Knees 4:48
3) Give To Live 4:21
4) Boys' Night Out 3:18
5) Returning Home 6:13
6) Standin' At the Same Old Crossroads 1:45
7) Privacy 5:21
* 8) Back Into You 5:10
9) Eagles Fly 4:57
10) What They Gonna Say Now 5:02

All songs by Sammy Hagar except:
* by Hagar/Harms

(Eddie played bass on this album, and when it was originally released, it was
untitled. It was named through a contest with MTV.)

Produced by S. Hagar and Edward Van Halen Copyright 1987

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Unboxed

* 1) High Hopes 4:57
* 2) Buying My Way Into Heaven 4:35
3) I'll Fall In Love Again 4:10
4) There's Only One Way To Rock 4:11
5) Heavy Metal 3:47
6) Eagles Fly 4:57
7) Baby's On Fire 3:31
8) Three Lock Box 3:22
9) Two Sides Of Love 3:41
10) I Can't Drive 55 4:12
11) Give To Live 4:21
12) I Don't Need Love 3:08

* New songs on this greatest hits album
Copyright 1994

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Marching To Mars

1) Little White Lie 2:54
2) Salvation On Sand Hill 5:00
3) Who Has The Right? 5:21
4) Would You Do It For Free? 4:31
5) Leaving The Warmth Of The Womb 5:06
6) Kama 5:19
7) On The Other Hand 2:42
8) Both Sides Now 4:27
9) The Yogi's So High (I'm Stoned) 6:02
10) Amnesty Is Granted 4:23
* 11) Marching To Mars 5:09

Produced by Mike Clink
Produced by Mike Clink & Mickey Hart Copyright 1997

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Section X: Thanks (to a bunch of cool people)

I certainly couldn't do this myself. These people contributed
everything from minor details to almost full discographies. My heartfelt
thanks goes to all of them. Here they are, in no particular order other than
random (sorry if I forgot you):

Shannon Casey Conner, James O. Spiker IV, Peter Schiller, Dean Myers,
Todd R. Haverstock, Brett P. Haugen, Jed Sutton, Andrew Hodgkinson, Matthew
Jeff, Scott Miller, Paul Mitchell, Brian Scott, Jason Pancoast, Brian
Offermann, Dave Jablinsky, Bob Brockman, Bryan Knotts, Sean Kerns, Rex Jackson,
Jeremy A. Humphreys, LUVR...@aol.com, Lee W. McGuire, Do...@aol.com, Mike
Swan, sh...@buffnet.net, Valerie Bertinelli, Michael Heasley, Scott Swanson,
Maciej Stoinski, Andy Acunzo, David Whittaker, dcar...@tech.iupui.edu, Nik
Browning, Brad Starks, Troy Joseph, Harald Boers, Mike McKitrick, Andrew J.
Grcevic, Ub...@aol.com, Ted Pabon, Jon Dunphy, The Inside, Tim Mulligan,
SLA...@aol.com, Jeff Taylor, TX...@aol.com, Arvid Steinbach, Alain Bergeron,
dono...@aol.com, Paul Laiming, David Sanders, Scotty Ross, Jason Kramer,
Guillermo Carrera, Rob Mills, Grant Fisher, Alison Cummings, Michel Schinkel,
Mark Dittmer, Guitar World, Rolling Stone, Hymie's Used Records in Minneapolis,
MTV, David Whittaker, Falcon, Wolfgang Tommy, cabo...@ix.netcom.com, Mav, Liza
Cozad, Claudio Mantovani Matsui, maveri...@earthlink.net, Jeff Glawe, Vince
Garcia, and especially Ron Higgins and Rob Simon.

Thanks, everyone.

*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*VH*

Entire contents Copyright (C) 1997 by Jon Schell. All rights reserved.
Redistribution prohibited without written permission of the author, with the
exceptions that a single user may send to another single user by electronic
mail where an electronic mailing list such as Majordomo is not employed.

--
-Jon Schell Brought to you using vi,
jsc...@winternet.com by the Plus.

Read the Van Halen FAQ at: http://www.cc.edu/~rhiggins/vh_faq.html