Other bands (or people) that I like (Re: tool is one of.....)

Ryu4684

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Velvet Underground
Velvet Acid Christ
Ministry
anything w/Jello Biafra
Finger Eleven
Underworld

and lots more

--
When you go out at night, make it Monkey and make it Right.

mlg...@psu.edu
http://www.personal.psu.edu/mlg154

Proffwak

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
>-Aphex Twin
>-Squarepusher

yes....
I've been addicted to evrything by Richard James and Tom Jenkinson lately....
It's all I've been litening to.

Just in case you didn't know:

If you like Aphex Twin, check out:
AFX
Polygon Window
Mike and Rich
The Dice Man

If you like Squarepusher, check out:
Chaos AD

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
http://come.to/sinch
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"If pro is the opposite of con.... then what's the opposite of progress?"
-steven wright-

KraZyiVan

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
not to be a dick, but does anyone really care?

KrZyiVan
--==Learn To Swim==--

Pez

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
well..... I think it is nice to share. I'm enjoying this thread, thank you
: )

Jeffry Johnston

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
KraZyiVan <krazy...@hotmail.com> wrote:
: not to be a dick,...

Too late. :/

: ...but does anyone really care?
: KrZyiVan

Alvin "the old fart" does. :)

: --==Learn To Swim==--

Done learned.
Grew up living in trailer parks. (they have pools you see? ;)

Alvin Johnston <--libertarian

ps- Filter! When's the new album out? (biting finger nails :)
pps- Alan Keyes! (even if he is a dammed republican ;)

Ryu4684

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
and caustic window

(Another alias of Richards)

Dr Syd

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
>not to be a dick, but does anyone really care?

I do. If nobody cared, nobody would of bothered with this post. I saw that
aphex twin and squarepusher were mentioned and I'd figure I too will mention my
current selection of music:
Pink Floyd
Aphex Twin
Brian Eno
Squarepusher
UNKLE
Grooverider
Hallucinogen
Dj spooky
Killing Joke

- Mainly listening to electronic music since rock music is in a pop/alternative
stage right now and has been for just about this whole year in general.

Cecrle

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
ryu...@aol.com (Ryu4684) wrote:

>-Jim Carroll

What's his music like?

-FC

dystopia

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99

Um...it's good. I have The Best of The Jim Carroll Band and it's a
really cool CD. Call it 80s quasi-punk literary rock or something.

- mitchell

Paul Wright

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
Nine Inch NailsFugaziHenry Rollins/Rollins BandBurt
LancasterMisfitsSepulturaVision Of DisorderWilliam BurroughsUnsaneRATMAt the
GatesBret Easton EllisWu-Tang ClanMachine HeadMarlene DietrichPublic
EnemyBlack SabbathJohn ColtraneSophia LorenCharles MingusBeastie BoysTom
WaitsWoody AllenJurrassic 5Bad BrainsDead Kennedy'sJuliana HatfieldSick of
it AllLydia LunchDeftones

Bored yet?

No, okay

WarCurtis MayfieldThe DoorsSlayerChester HimesKilling JokeEric DolphyLogical
NonsenseDicksPoppy Z. BriteNick Cave and the Bad SeedsWesley
WillisConsolidatedGil Scott HeronLardElizabeth WurtzelJimi HendrixCurveAlice
In Chains

Ready to punch me yet??

The ClashStampin' GroundAnais NinThe Reverend Horton Heat Better Than A
ThousandAstrud GilbertoSystem Of A DownTerry Gilliam...................

Fuck this, does anyone really give a shit?

Thought not,

Later,

Paul

--
"I've just found my mind, only its a different sort of mind than you
imagined"

Henry Miller.

Styx

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
"Paul Wright" <pa...@pcwright20.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Wesley Willis

Two friends of mine in Illinois were on the unfortunate
receiving-end of a Wesley Willis headbutt a while ago.

ROCK OVER LONDON
ROCK OVER CHICAGO

Okay.

- styx * drop...@mindspring.com
- http://www.freethought.net/~styx/
- the only page that hates you back.

oneandone

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
-King's X
-Queensryche
-Bad Religion
-Propagandhi
-Jim Carroll
-Sunny Day Real Estate

any jazz

janie...@yale.edu

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
Question - are you from or have lived in NY? Because I have never met
or seen any Unsane fans elsewhere nor seen their cds outside of the
city, so I am curious as to how others have picked them up.

Ryu4684

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
the orb is pretty cool as well....

Styx

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
janie...@yale.edu wrote:

>Question - are you from or have lived in NY? Because I have never met
>or seen any Unsane fans elsewhere nor seen their cds outside of the
>city, so I am curious as to how others have picked them up.

You didn't ask me, but I'm speaking up anyway - I'm a passive fan
of Unsane. I heard about the via being a huge fan of Barkmarket.
They've played together and are mutual fans of each other. Dave Sardy
of Barkmarket also produced one of their albums.

Dr Syd

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
>>Question - are you from or have lived in NY? Because I have never met
>>or seen any Unsane fans elsewhere nor seen their cds outside of the
>>city, so I am curious as to how others have picked them up.

They had a popular video out didnt they? The one where it shows all the
skateboarding wipeouts. I'm pretty sure it was by unsane.

Chris Brightwell

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
>They had a popular video out didnt they? The one where it shows all the
>skateboarding wipeouts. I'm pretty sure it was by unsane.

yeah it was called scrape.
i laughed so hard when i saw that video.
it was hilarious.

laterz.
chris.

Paul Wright

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Never lived or even been to NYC.Unsane have been released in the U.K. on
various hardcore labels, most recently LOCKJAW RECORDS. Their site is at
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/lockjawrecords or email to
monke...@btinternet.com and failing those (cause I haven't tried them for
a while) snailmail to 1 Oaklands, Cradley, Malvern, WR13 5LA, U.K.

Good Luck!

Paul.

--
"I've just found my mind, only its a different sort of mind than you
imagined"

Henry Miller.

<janie...@yale.edu> wrote in message

Řystein Holm-Olsen

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
On Sun, 02 May 1999 21:23:31 GMT, janie...@yale.edu wrote:

>Question - are you from or have lived in NY? Because I have never met
>or seen any Unsane fans elsewhere nor seen their cds outside of the
>city, so I am curious as to how others have picked them up.

Figured I'd throw in a comment here.
They're probably not too hard to get a hold of, I live in a small town
in Norway. One which is being an ass of a place to get hold of
not-all-that obscure records, but Unsane's actually kept in the
store(s) (we have 2 stores, and one only sells hitlist crap...damn, 2
record stores. I just realized how small this town is)

I know a few people who've been into unsane for a while. The band's
played some gigs in Oslo, which is actually where I first heard of
'em. (indirectly, I didn't go to the gig, but a friend did, and he
picket up one of their cd's while he was at it. Boy did I regret not
going)

-Øystein, who asked for the Fantômas cd the other day, and had the
clerk just look at him like he was on crack. "Ehh, fant...uh? Could
you spell that out for me? *taps on keyboard to search database*
nooo, we definitely don't have it in store, we don't even have the
option to order it." Non-keen :|
To reply via e-mail, please remove "SCREWSPAM" from the address.

Patricia Eddy

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Just for the record Unsane has been to Hamilton, here up in Canada several
times, and the local HMV, Sam the Record Man, and Musicworld all carry
their albums.

Proffwak

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

i agree.

Actually, right now i'm working on a DJ Spooky website. I can't seem to find
one site that has a lot of good info so ive collected tons of interiews,
reviews, put together a discography, etc etc. I'll post the address when its
ready (for those who care)

Proffwak

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>>Wesley Willis

My band was scheduled to play with Wesley Willis, but he decided to cancel...

it was a dissapointment

Proffwak

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Fantômas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMENAZA al MUNDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

en maravillosos COLORES!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANTôMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayayayyayayayyayayyayayyayayayay!!!!
skskskkskskksksksththththththsskskskksks!!!

buy this.

it is good.

Fantômas - Amanaza al Mundo
Ipecac Recordings
Mike Patton
Dave Lombardo
Trevor Dunn
Buzz Osbourne

janie...@yale.edu

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Just asking as I am from NY. I have not seen them up here in New
Haven, and looking in various, and not all that small record store in
other cities I have not seen them even listed, which surprised me, so
I was just wondering how they seem to be spread. To anyone else, if
you ever get a chance to go to a gig, they are easily one of the
tightest live bands around.

On Tue, 04 May 1999 00:29:27 GMT, Patricia Eddy
<patric...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Just for the record Unsane has been to Hamilton, here up in Canada severa=

>times, and the local HMV, Sam the Record Man, and Musicworld all carry
>their albums.
>

>"=D8ystein Holm-Olsen" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 May 1999 21:23:31 GMT, janie...@yale.edu wrote:
>>
>> >Question - are you from or have lived in NY? Because I have never met
>> >or seen any Unsane fans elsewhere nor seen their cds outside of the
>> >city, so I am curious as to how others have picked them up.
>>
>> Figured I'd throw in a comment here.
>> They're probably not too hard to get a hold of, I live in a small town
>> in Norway. One which is being an ass of a place to get hold of
>> not-all-that obscure records, but Unsane's actually kept in the
>> store(s) (we have 2 stores, and one only sells hitlist crap...damn, 2
>> record stores. I just realized how small this town is)
>>
>> I know a few people who've been into unsane for a while. The band's
>> played some gigs in Oslo, which is actually where I first heard of
>> 'em. (indirectly, I didn't go to the gig, but a friend did, and he
>> picket up one of their cd's while he was at it. Boy did I regret not
>> going)
>>

>> -=D8ystein, who asked for the Fant=F4mas cd the other day, and had the

Styx

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
janie...@yale.edu wrote:

>I was just wondering how they seem to be spread. To anyone else, if
>you ever get a chance to go to a gig, they are easily one of the
>tightest live bands around.

From an interview with Dave Sardy:

-----
ROBERT MAKIN - I wondered what that song was about, because it's
so intense. Maybe it's because it's called "Undone," but it reminds
of Unsane.

DAVE SARDY - Really. Dude, I just saw them in Europe and they
were just mind-blowing. They were so good with a huge crowd and a big
stage. I was just blown away.

RM: You're buddies with them.

DS: Oh yeah, for like 15 years.
-----

"Styx, will you EVER shut up about Barkmarket?!"

Probably not, no. :)

analogy...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2019, 2:36:46 AM1/24/19
On Thursday, April 29, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Ryu4684 wrote:
> -King Crimson
> -Jane's Addiction
> -Aphex Twin
> -Squarepusher
> -Kyuss
> -Peter Gabriel
> -Rush
> -Red Hot Chili Peppers
> -Brian Eno
> -Lou Reed
> -The Velvet Underground
> -Pink Floyd
> -The Future Sound Of London
> -Plaid
> -Tricky
> -David Bowie (not in the 80's)
> -Jim Carroll

Ridiculous that Nine Inch Nails isn't on this list