Where No Quarter came from...

1 view

Clay

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
After finally downloading it, it seems to be, imagine this, a soundboard
from the 8-26-98 show, given that it seems to be, note-for-note, identical
to that one.

Though the acoustic guitar starting at around 5:28 to 5:45 might be in there
to throw people off...

It's still good, though. A lot more interesting than some of the other LZ
covers I've heard...

-Clay

melissa

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00

i don't think so, clay.
"in jealousy, there is more self-love than love" ~francois de la rochefoucauld

"a man is not an orange. you can't eat the fruit and throw the peel away"
~arthur miller

"no one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~elenor roosevelt

Anon

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
> "in jealousy, there is more self-love than love" ~francois de la rochefoucauld
>
> "a man is not an orange. you can't eat the fruit and throw the peel away"
> ~arthur miller

"He never chooses an opinion; he just wears whatever happens to be in
style."

-- Leo Tolstoy

John F. Sims

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
My impression after listening to Logan's MP3 is that this is a studio
version, not a concert performance. It could plausibly be from a rehearsal,
but it sounds like a greater amount of care went into mixing it than that.
As I understand Tools recording of Aenima they already had all of the
arrangements down prior to going into the studio and the recording itself
was done in only a few days. My bet is this was a studio creation. John
"Clay" <jwy...@vci.net> wrote in message

Clay

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
>My impression after listening to Logan's MP3 is that this is a studio
>version, not a concert performance. It could plausibly be from a rehearsal,
>but it sounds like a greater amount of care went into mixing it than that.

It might be a polished soundboard via soundforge...

>As I understand Tools recording of Aenima they already had all of the
>arrangements down prior to going into the studio and the recording itself
>was done in only a few days. My bet is this was a studio creation. John

Yes, but it's still identical to the one from the 8-26-98 gig. If it's
really out of the studio, and what they did at the gig was something
different, then the whole concept of the song as an improvisation piece
completely eluded them. I really think they're too intelligent to have
missed that so completely... thus, I can't see how it couldn't come from
that show.

melissa

Aug 17, 2000, 9:31:44 PM8/17/00
anon wrote:
>"He never chooses an opinion; he just wears whatever happens to be in
>style."
>
>-- Leo Tolstoy

"sarcasm is the protest of people who are weak" ~john knowles

"in jealousy, there is more self-love than love" ~francois de la rochefoucauld

"a man is not an orange. you can't eat the fruit and throw the peel away"
~arthur miller

"no one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~elenor roosevelt

Swilliams

Aug 17, 2000, 11:38:24 PM8/17/00
It'd have to be a cleaned up soundboard.
No audience at all is very bizarre for a concert.
There are over-dubs.
I think the best scenario is that
Adam gave it to someone to put on
the net. They worst is that it was stolen
from Adam.
I don't think this is live, and I don't think
it's the finished product.
Steve

_

Aug 18, 2000, 12:55:03 AM8/18/00
In <cF%m5.2769$ug2....@news5.giganews.com>, a worthless liar by the name of
"Clay" <jwy...@vci.net> wrote:

=)Yes, but it's still identical to the one from the 8-26-98 gig. If it's
=)really out of the studio, and what they did at the gig was something
=)different, then the whole concept of the song as an improvisation piece
=)completely eluded them. I really think they're too intelligent to have
=)missed that so completely... thus, I can't see how it couldn't come from
=)that show.

you arent listening to the same mp3 as i am.

mine is definately a studio work.

-ryan
AMTCode: Regular T-- A+ Lx Sx B FD P* CC
(more to come soon!)

fab

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
"sarcasm is the protest of people who are weak" ~john knowles
"no one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~elenor roosevelt

I totally agree.

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"melissa " <feelthi...@aol.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

fab

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
I think so but I can't understand how some people could discuss either its
type of recordin' (it's obviously "in studio") or its quality.

I repeat myself:
this is the first new Tool' song I listened since Aenima. Listen to
production's cut and mixin' cut it might go back from record session of
Aenima. It's clearly row, less accurate than Aenima incredible sound but it
remind me those arrangements.

Another obvious thing: No Quarter is not a Led Zeppelin song.

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"John F. Sims" <sat...@mindspring.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> My impression after listening to Logan's MP3 is that this is a studio
> version, not a concert performance. It could plausibly be from a
rehearsal,
> but it sounds like a greater amount of care went into mixing it than that.

> As I understand Tools recording of Aenima they already had all of the
> arrangements down prior to going into the studio and the recording itself
> was done in only a few days. My bet is this was a studio creation. John

melissa

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
fab wrote:
>"sarcasm is the protest of people who are weak" ~john knowles
>"no one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~elenor roosevelt
>
>I totally agree.

what about the man is not an orange one?

fab

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
It's not better but I feel suit for the two notes I replied.

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"melissa " <feelthi...@aol.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Mr. Pepe

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00

"fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote in message
<snip>

> Another obvious thing: No Quarter is not a Led Zeppelin song.

What exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying that Led Zeppelin didn't
write the song (see "Houses of the Holy" for undeniable proof), or are you
saying that TOOL did a better version and should now be the rightful owners
of the song? If it's the former, you're mistaken, yet if you're stating the
latter, you're only slightly mistaken. I prefer Maynard's vocals to Robert
Plant's.

Mr. Pepe
AMT Code: Newbie T+ A+ Lx Sx FA P* CS

Bar Steward

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
"Mmm...chocolate." ~Homer Simpson

melissa wrote:

--
Bar Steward

AMTCode: Regular T A+ L S B+ FA P- C#

http://unsober.cjb.net - http://redrival.com/pix/home

zip09

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
Am I listening to the same thing? What I downloaded has Maynard talking to
the audience after the song about the song and about nothing in particular.

Logan Callen

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
wrong thing. go to my page and get the right one

--
------------http://lachrymology.com------------

zip09 <gl...@timsstuff.com> wrote in message

Clay

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
>It'd have to be a cleaned up soundboard.

Not necessarily... some soundboards actually have better sound than some
official releases... it depends entirely on how and what it was taped on...

>No audience at all is very bizarre for a concert.

Yes, but there's nothing to suggest that there had to have been an audience
mic.

>There are over-dubs.

As I said before, soundforge can accomplish this.

>I don't think this is live, and I don't think
>it's the finished product.

I don't agree; I agree.

Clay

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
>you arent listening to the same mp3 as i am.
>

>mine is definately a studio work.

I'm pretty darn sure I am; not necessarily.

-Clay

melissa

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
>Bar Steward wrote:

>"Mmm...chocolate." ~Homer Simpson

"i am so smart. s m r t, i mean s m a r t"
-homer simpson

Maevele

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00

fab wrote:

> Another obvious thing: No Quarter is not a Led Zeppelin song.

Pardon?
Either something got lost in the translation, or you're saying that
No Quarter wasn't originally done by Led Zep.
Could you please explain what you mean?
--
Maevele
http://www.mynvo.com/maevele/pages/view/index.nhtml

fab

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
I like Simpson just how I like my life.
Next year I play "Simpson competition" in Bologna.
Who will be able to see Simpson's stuff from begin to end (8 hours) won a
t-shirt and a unpublished Simpson movie.
I think t-shirt and movie would be non-original but I take this thing like
an high interior discovery.
Don't you agree?

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"Bar Steward" <eye...@nospam.hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Mmm...chocolate." ~Homer Simpson

fab

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
TOOL did a better version and should now be the rightful owners
of the song!
yes.

just curious, what is the right question form?

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"Mr. Pepe" <d-wil...@onu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote in message
> <snip>

> > Another obvious thing: No Quarter is not a Led Zeppelin song.

fab

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
Maeveleeeee, Maeveleeee! It's so clear!
First step: Listen to Led Zep' release then listen to Tool's release. You
did it. Ok.
Now, second step: if you click with right of mouse on "No quarter" Mp3 and
choose "Property", you will see the creation date. 6/6/66.

This is demostration that Tool's release is older than Led Zep' release.

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"Maevele" <Mae...@secondsun.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> fab wrote:
> >
> > Another obvious thing: No Quarter is not a Led Zeppelin song.

Logan Callen

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
I will say again and as many times as I have to. You fucking rule.

--
------------http://lachrymology.com------------

fab <tooli...@libero.it> wrote in message

Clay

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
>Now, second step: if you click with right of mouse on "No quarter" Mp3 and
>choose "Property", you will see the creation date. 6/6/66.
>
>This is demostration that Tool's release is older than Led Zep' release.

Wow. Paul really plays bass well for someone who wasn't even alive at the
time.

Hats off to him...

fab

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
I'm feelin' again like Forrest Gump... or... are you?
--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"Clay" <jwy...@vci.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
Message has been deleted

Maevele

Aug 19, 2000, 2:21:37 AM8/19/00

fab wrote:

> Maeveleeeee, Maeveleeee! It's so clear!
> First step: Listen to Led Zep' release then listen to Tool's release. You
> did it. Ok.

> Now, second step: if you click with right of mouse on "No quarter" Mp3 and
> choose "Property", you will see the creation date. 6/6/66.
>
> This is demostration that Tool's release is older than Led Zep' release.

Umm..nope. I don't think any of the members of tool were older than
8 years old in 1966.
It is most definitely a zeppelin song.
Probably whoever made the file just put all 6's in it for the hell
of it.
--
Maevele
http://www.mynvo.com/maevele/pages/view/index.nhtml

fab

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
Maevele, do you think am I italian or am I a cave-man?

I'm a Tool totally addicted guy before to be an italian.
My brain like a stone with information about Tool.
I just kiddin'
My No quarter mp3 creation date say: monday 14 august 2000 23.41.17
Is it clear now?
Don't you say me that 6/6/66 doesn't make you suspicious?

I have lots of Led Zeppelin stuff but internal Cd notes credited No Quarter
to Keenan/Jones/Carey/D'Amour

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"Maevele" <Mae...@secondsun.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

fab

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
ehm... <My brain IS CARVED like a stone >

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"fab" <tooli...@libero.it> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Maevele, do you think am I italian or am I a cave-man?
>
> I'm a Tool totally addicted guy before to be an italian.
> My brain like a stone with information about Tool.
> I just kiddin'
> My No quarter mp3 creation date say: monday 14 august 2000 23.41.17
> Is it clear now?
> Don't you say me that 6/6/66 doesn't make you suspicious?
>
> I have lots of Led Zeppelin stuff but internal Cd notes credited No
Quarter
> to Keenan/Jones/Carey/D'Amour
>
> --
> fab
> [tooli...@libero.it]

Clay

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
>I'm a Tool totally addicted guy before to be an italian.
>My brain like a stone with information about Tool.
>I just kiddin'

Like... sarcasm?

I thought you said that was for the weak.

Or, maybe that was Melissa...

Eh.

melissa

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
>"fab" wrote:

<snip funny stuff>

>if you click with right of mouse on "No quarter" Mp3 and
>choose "Property", you will see the creation date. 6/6/66.

well, mine says august 14. i don't see a 6/6/66 anywhere.

melissa

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
> "Clay wrote:
>I thought you said that was for the weak.
>
>Or, maybe that was Melissa...
>
>Eh.

yep, it's a quote from john knowles.
"sarcasm is the protest of people who are weak".

Clay

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
>yep, it's a quote from john knowles.
>"sarcasm is the protest of people who are weak".

How about: "Give me ambiguity or give me something else."

I can't remember who said that...

melissa

Aug 19, 2000, 9:58:04 PM8/19/00
>"Clay" wrote:
>How about: "Give me ambiguity or give me something else."
>
>I can't remember who said that...

well, that is ringing some bells, but no name comes to mind. i like this one
too.

"madness may be a sane response to an insane world, and insanity heeds special
perceptions" ~r.d. lang

_

Aug 20, 2000, 1:50:44 AM8/20/00
In <_odn5.488526$MB.74...@news6.giganews.com>, a worthless liar by the name of
"Clay" <jwy...@vci.net> wrote:

=)I'm pretty darn sure I am; not necessarily.

... mine is studio.

those sorts of sounds arent produced live.

-ryan
AMTCode: Regular T-- A+ Lx Sx B FD P* CC
(more to come soon!)

_

Aug 20, 2000, 1:53:57 AM8/20/00
In <D1fn5.88523$dF5.1...@news.infostrada.it>, a worthless liar by the name of
"fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote:

=)Maeveleeeee, Maeveleeee! It's so clear!
=)First step: Listen to Led Zep' release then listen to Tool's release. You
=)did it. Ok.
=)Now, second step: if you click with right of mouse on "No quarter" Mp3 and
=)choose "Property", you will see the creation date. 6/6/66.
=)
=)This is demostration that Tool's release is older than Led Zep' release.

you kick serious ass, fab.

i laughed, HARD, for at least three minutes straight.

(=

_

Aug 20, 2000, 1:55:54 AM8/20/00
In <20000819153055...@ng-cg1.aol.com>, a worthless liar by the name
of feelthi...@aol.com (melissa ) wrote:

=)well, mine says august 14. i don't see a 6/6/66 anywhere.

sweet! thats my birfday!

_

Aug 20, 2000, 2:01:22 AM8/20/00
In <zndn5.6296$ug2....@news5.giganews.com>, a worthless liar by the name of
"Clay" <jwy...@vci.net> wrote:

=)Yes, but there's nothing to suggest that there had to have been an audience
=)mic.

uh... do you know *anything* about live setups?

first off, on a drumset like danny's there are so many mics and so many kinds of
mics that they are going to get at least *some* noise.

second, have you ever seen maynard perform? he is all over the place. he turns
constantly. during a couple of these turns, he will inevetably get the mic
caught up in some crowd noise.

finally, the live version that i have is 9:something including maynards speaking
and the part where the band are doing little in-between-song-warmup
thingamafucks. the studio mp3 that i have is over 10 minutes long.

ah well.

Altersys

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
jwy...@vci.net (Clay) wrote in
<lEBn5.264854$t91.2...@news4.giganews.com>:

>How about: "Give me ambiguity or give me something else."
>
>I can't remember who said that...

Or, whatever.

-Alt

fab

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
happy
someone read btw the lines

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"_" <ryan...@home.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

melissa

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
> ryan wrote:
>sweet! thats my birfday!
>(=

what a sweet birthday present, eh?

happy noodle boy

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Doesn't anyone else hate those faux-intelligent paradoxes? That sarcasm
being the protest of the weak is UTTER bullshit. It's weaker to just
protest in your mind - to go down without even saying a word.

I mean, I know these quotes are about brevity and wit, but FUCK, why not
make them brief, witty and TRUE as well?

That thing about madness is pure 6th form poetry too. You might as well put
"if there's nothing wrong with me then there must be something wrong with
the universe".

-b.

fab

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
I don't know what did this newsgroup understand on sarcasm but...

for me it's true: sarcasm (I usually have resourse to it) is really the
protest of the weak. It is a way to hide some insecurity. It help to unknow
the real intention or real purpose when you're fearin' your ideas could be
wrong.

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"happy noodle boy" <mioNOc...@hotSPAMmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Doesn't anyone else hate those faux-intelligent paradoxes? That sarcasm
> being the protest of the weak is UTTER bullshit. It's weaker to just
> protest in your mind - to go down without even saying a word.
>
> I mean, I know these quotes are about brevity and wit, but FUCK, why not
> make them brief, witty and TRUE as well?
>
> That thing about madness is pure 6th form poetry too. You might as well
put
> "if there's nothing wrong with me then there must be something wrong with
> the universe".
>

> -b.

Maevele

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

fab wrote:

> I don't know what did this newsgroup understand on sarcasm but...
>
> for me it's true: sarcasm (I usually have resourse to it) is really the
> protest of the weak. It is a way to hide some insecurity. It help to unknow
> the real intention or real purpose when you're fearin' your ideas could be
> wrong.

I have to disagree. I fall back on sarcasm a lot, and it's seldom
because I'm not secure about what I'm saying. Most of my real life
bitchyness comes through as sarcasm, basically if I hold a point
strongly enough to be mean bout it, it comes out sarcastic, in an
attempt to lighten it a little, or to really demand someone's attention.
It doesn't weaken my point, or imply that I'm insecure about it,
it's just one way I express myself strongly.

--
Maevele
http://www.mynvo.com/maevele/pages/view/index.nhtml

_

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In <20000820122644...@ng-cg1.aol.com>, a worthless liar by the name

of feelthi...@aol.com (melissa ) wrote:

=)what a sweet birthday present, eh?

*licks lips* wee!

_

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In <uhPn5.94968$dF5.1...@news.infostrada.it>, a worthless liar by the name of
"fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote:

=)happy
=)someone read btw the lines

i dont think i understand you here.

Clay

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
>uh... do you know *anything* about live setups?

Yep, and I've recordings that go right to the contrary of everything you
just said. That's why I think it's live.

>finally, the live version that i have is 9:something including maynards
speaking
>and the part where the band are doing little in-between-song-warmup
>thingamafucks. the studio mp3 that i have is over 10 minutes long.

The live one I have on video and realaudio from the 8/26/98 show is about
10:30. I wasn't talking about live in general, I meant specifically the
8/26/98.

_

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
In <_mWn5.495396$MB.75...@news6.giganews.com>, a worthless liar by the name of
"Clay" <jwy...@vci.net> wrote:

=)Yep, and I've recordings that go right to the contrary of everything you
=)just said. That's why I think it's live.

since youre supersoundengineergenuis, it *must* be live.

=)The live one I have on video and realaudio from the 8/26/98 show is about
=)10:30. I wasn't talking about live in general, I meant specifically the
=)8/26/98.

alright. i didnt know they performed it more than once.

my mp3 still isnt a live one though.

Clay

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
>since youre supersoundengineergenuis, it *must* be live.

No, I just said it was more likely to be live being that it's basically
identical to one of live renditions. It does sound like it's from the
studio, but the similarities suggest otherwise.

melissa

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
>"happy noodle boy" not so happily wrote:

> That sarcasm
>being the protest of the weak is UTTER bullshit.>

ok first of all.. and forgive me if i sound, well, rude, but.. that quote was
made to "anon" for a specific reason, and response to what he "quoted"/
responded to me.
i do not believe that sarcasm, the act of saying, or typing, what have you, is
actually a protest of people who are weak.
i use sarcasm alot, and i don't consider myself to be a weak individual. i am
horribly sorry that you think that quote is a "faux intelligent paradox". i
used it in a certain context, that is all.

>It's weaker to just
>protest in your mind - to go down without even saying a word.

i completely agree with you.

>I mean, I know these quotes are about brevity and wit, but FUCK, why not
>make them brief, witty and TRUE as well?

i certainly wasn't trying to get anyone's panties in a bunch.

>That thing about madness is pure 6th form poetry too.>

again, that was in response to someone elses' post, and i'm *so* sorry that it
bothered you.
it was written by a psychologist. not me.

np-miocene-pure. :)

_

Aug 20, 2000, 10:04:03 PM8/20/00
In <mYWn5.15894$ug2.2...@news5.giganews.com>, a worthless liar by the name of
"Clay" <jwy...@vci.net> wrote:

=)No, I just said it was more likely to be live being that it's basically
=)identical to one of live renditions. It does sound like it's from the
=)studio, but the similarities suggest otherwise.

i havent heard those kinds of effects and that overall atmoshpere in any live
tool recordings.

happy noodle boy

Aug 21, 2000, 2:53:01 AM8/21/00
Hey, I wasn't cussing you - I was cussing the quotes. Sorry if you thought
I was coming out bad against you yourself, I wasn't. I just wanted to know
if anyone else hated them.

Good to hear that you know us - but wait till you hear the new recording of
Pure - makes the old one look like a pop song.....hehh......

-b.

--this is just beginning...

fab

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
If am I a nazist to Norimberga's process, I would explain myself with
sarcasm.

I would say: "I would help you, I would say all I saw and heard but I'm a
good jewish, I don't judge others"

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"Maevele" <Mae...@secondsun.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

fab

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
sorry,
change btw with between

--
> In <uhPn5.94968$dF5.1...@news.infostrada.it>, a worthless liar by the

name of
> "fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote:
>

> =)happy
> =)someone read btw the lines
>
> i dont think i understand you here.

changedshadow

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
you lost me on this one fab

Bar Steward

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

It really depends on how you use sarcasm. Combined with irony I have killed
people with laughter, even if unintentionally. People just saying 'That is sooo
cool' sarcastically is very poor use of one of the best forms of wit.

fab wrote:

> I don't know what did this newsgroup understand on sarcasm but...
>
> for me it's true: sarcasm (I usually have resourse to it) is really the
> protest of the weak. It is a way to hide some insecurity. It help to unknow
> the real intention or real purpose when you're fearin' your ideas could be
> wrong.
>

> --
> fab
> [tooli...@libero.it]
> "happy noodle boy" <mioNOc...@hotSPAMmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> > Doesn't anyone else hate those faux-intelligent paradoxes? That sarcasm
> > being the protest of the weak is UTTER bullshit. It's weaker to just

> > protest in your mind - to go down without even saying a word.
> >

> > I mean, I know these quotes are about brevity and wit, but FUCK, why not
> > make them brief, witty and TRUE as well?
> >

> > That thing about madness is pure 6th form poetry too. You might as well
> put
> > "if there's nothing wrong with me then there must be something wrong with
> > the universe".
> >

> > -b.
> >
> > melissa wrote in message <20000819215804...@ng-cg1.aol.com>...

--
Bar Steward

AMTCode: Regular T A+ L S B+ FA P- C#

http://unsober.cjb.net - http://redrival.com/pix/home

melissa

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
>happy noodle boy" rectified my paranoia:

>Hey, I wasn't cussing you - I was cussing the quotes. Sorry if you thought
>I was coming out bad against you yourself, I wasn't. I just wanted to know
>if anyone else hated them.

cool. sorry if i got too defensive. i think i'm going to start practicing
lurking more, so i won't have this happen so much.
i take things way too personally. thanks for clearing that up. just for the
record, i think quotes are meant to rile people up a bit. at least, they
usually make me think about things or ideas i've previously held. part of the
fun, i think, is to question and analyze them.

>Good to hear that you know us - but wait till you hear the new recording of
>Pure - makes the old one look like a pop song.....hehh......

great, i can't wait. any idea when it'll be up?
i just have shine and pure, but i'd love to hear more... i really really like
your voice.
peace.

_

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
In <Iq6o5.98547$dF5.1...@news.infostrada.it>, a worthless liar by the name of
"fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote:

=)sorry,
=)change btw with between

ooooh, okay. now it makes sense (=

fab

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
Ok. For this time ok.
but don't you forget to study next time.

(I told to myself I'm a donke too many times. Now I believe it)

> In <Iq6o5.98547$dF5.1...@news.infostrada.it>, a worthless liar by the

name of
> "fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote:
>

> =)sorry,
> =)change btw with between
>

> ooooh, okay. now it makes sense (=

_

Mr. Pepe

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
The right question is from the latter. Former- 1st question, Latter- Last
question. Former and Latter- terms usually used when referring to a
two-item list. So, all-in-all, you're only slightly mistaken. Maynard's
vocals are definitely better than Robert Plant's, but Jimmy Page cannot be
outdone by Adam Jones, although Adam does a kick-ass job.

> TOOL did a better version and should now be the rightful owners
> of the song!
> yes.
>
> just curious, what is the right question form?
>
> --
> fab
> [tooli...@libero.it]
> "Mr. Pepe" <d-wil...@onu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio
> >
> > "fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote in message
> > <snip>
> > > Another obvious thing: No Quarter is not a Led Zeppelin song.
> >
> > What exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying that Led Zeppelin
didn't
> > write the song (see "Houses of the Holy" for undeniable proof), or are
you
> > saying that TOOL did a better version and should now be the rightful
> owners
> > of the song? If it's the former, you're mistaken, yet if you're stating
> the
> > latter, you're only slightly mistaken. I prefer Maynard's vocals to
> Robert
> > Plant's.
> >
> > Mr. Pepe
> > AMT Code: Newbie T+ A+ Lx Sx FA P* CS

happy noodle boy

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

melissa wrote in message <20000821110856...@ng-cg1.aol.com>...

>cool. sorry if i got too defensive. i think i'm going to start practicing
>lurking more, so i won't have this happen so much.
>i take things way too personally. thanks for clearing that up. just for the
>record, i think quotes are meant to rile people up a bit. at least, they
>usually make me think about things or ideas i've previously held. part of
the
>fun, i think, is to question and analyze them.

Absolutely. That's what I meant about quotes being brief and witty and
TRUE. Brevity can NEVER explain complicated stuff - so it has to be
memorable. And if it's memorable AND brief AND witty then chances are it
isn't true as well. That's asking TOO much (and it's what Wilde realised).
So you might as well make 'em a talking point.

>great, i can't wait. any idea when it'll be up?
>i just have shine and pure, but i'd love to hear more... i really really
like
>your voice.

Thank you. We've signed a record contract, so there will be a six song EP
in the shops and stuff (in the UK at least); but I'll be trying to get a few
free ones to some people on here, and if we don't get so many I'll be making
tapes. It's sounding really cool though.

-b,

>peace.

happy noodle boy

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
I don't consider that to be sarcasm. That's mimicry, and can be done by
anyone with a memory. I think that true sarcasm can be agressive, logical,
passionate, dispassionate, funny and pissed off all at the same time. It
takes a lot to use it well.

-b.

--this IS a special day, isn't it?

fab

Aug 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/22/00
do you know a very old PCgame (4/5 years old) named "Warcraft II"?
in this, when you picked up (with mouse) a farmer/slave, he said "yes, my
lord!" with a subdued&thick vocal tone.

--
fab
[tooli...@libero.it]
"_" <ryan...@home.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

£33+ h@x0r$

Aug 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/22/00
In <QzBo5.118452$dF5.1...@news.infostrada.it>, a worthless liar by the name
of "fab" <tooli...@libero.it> wrote:

=)do you know a very old PCgame (4/5 years old) named "Warcraft II"?
=)in this, when you picked up (with mouse) a farmer/slave, he said "yes, my
=)lord!" with a subdued&thick vocal tone.

heh, yeah. i guess i should answer, yesh, m`lourd.