Black Rider script/rights....

C. Glen Williams

Feb 22, 2001, 3:35:40 PM2/22/01
Hey, all. I just found this group, so I don't know if this is a frequently
asked question or not. A friend and I in the theatre department are trying
to propose a Tom Waits show. Specifically, we would like to propose The
Black Rider, but we're also looking at Frank's Wild Years.

The problem is that we can find neither the group that handles the
performance rights for the shows nor anybody who can provide us with
complete scripts.

We've done exhaustive net searches and come up empty. We've found a partial
script for Frank's Wild Years, and a plot summary of The Black Rider. Does
anybody here know who publishes the complete scripts and/or who handles
performance rights, or does anybody know of a place where we can find that
information?

Thanks for your time.

-Glen Williams -- glenwoo...@yahoo.com
--
http://www.kallixti.com/glenwilliams
"To dwell excessively on the journey *or* the destination is to risk some

Ole Stigaard

Feb 22, 2001, 5:28:47 PM2/22/01
In denmark, the rights are handled by Wilhelm Hansen/ Nordiska Strakosch
We performed t.b.r. at the betty Nansen Theatre back in 1999

Ole Stigaard

If you're in US, you could try to visit the watermill. The Black Rider was
originally made by Waits/Bourroughs/Wilson. Forst venue was Thalia Theatre
in Hamburg.

"C. Glen Williams" <bi...@vt.edu> wrote in message
: Hey, all. I just found this group, so I don't know if this is a

:

moren...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2017, 12:51:52 PM7/13/17
Did you ever find a source for the complete script? i'm not looking to put on a performance, rather want to read it for construction, style etc.

Thanks, Celeste