TMBG Mosaic/WWW Space

Bo Orloff

Jan 19, 1994, 11:39:35 PM1/19/94
ATTENTION TMBG FAN MOSAIC USERS:

BETA TESTERS WANTED FOR THE TMBG WWW SPACE.

For the last few weeks I've been working on setting up a TMBG
Mosaic/World Wide Web space. The server is experimental- I'm still in
the process of designing and testing it and there's not a whole lot
on it yet. Currently it features the following:

1. Dial-A-Song Online
2. Hypertext and plain text versions of the TMBG FAQ
3. John Relph's TMBG Discography
4. Links to TMBG Lyrics at the TMBG FTP Archives
5. Links to the alt.music.tmbg newsgroup

I'm hoping to make lots more TMBG-related information and services
(such as band bios, tour dates, archives of the TMBG mailing list,
digitized photos & artwork and an online TMBG merchandise catalog)
available via the World Wide Web in the future (and thoughtful
suggestions along these lines are welcomed).

So, if you've got access to NCSA's Mosaic World Wide Web browser and
you'd like to do some beta-testing for me, please email me
(b...@netcom.com).

I'll email the URL (Universal Resource Locator) for the site to the
first dozen or so folks I hear from. I'd like to get some testers for
each of the different flavors of Mosaic- Mac, Windows, X & Amiga
(I've done a fair bit of testing myself using Mosaic for the Mac, so
I'm especially interested in hearing from folks who use any of the
other versions). I'd also be willing to have a few folks who
use WWW browsers other than Mosaic (such as Lynx or Cello) test it
out, but it's designed for Mosaic so it may not work all that well or
look very nice in other browsers).

I'll need the beta-testers to let me know by email what they think of
the site, how it works and looks on their machines and if they
encounter any bugs or problems (so if you're not willing to report
back to me please don't ask to be a beta-tester for the site!) The
Dial-A-Song Online section contains a couple of songs in several
different audio formats- they all seem to play fine on my Mac but I'd
very much like to know if they play ok on PC's, Unix boxes, Amigas,
etc.

The only other thing I'll ask the beta-testers is to keep the URL to
themselves for the time being, as I don't want the site to get too
busy until it's more "ready for prime time".

Once most of the bugs are worked out I'll make a public announcement
of the sites's location here, on the TMBG mailing list and in
other appropriate spots around the net.

--
Bo Orloff
(b...@netcom.com)

Stare into the microwave, face to the screen now
come alive to the fat beetle humming 'Deceive the world' - The Mekons