TMBG FIrst Album Live

underachievergamer

Jun 29, 2014, 1:45:11 AM6/29/14
I jotted down some notes while listening to Their new album tonight. Here they are.

(Right after Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head) Sounds great so far

They nailed the backwards singing in Hide Away Folk Family and went right into a knockout rendition of 32 Footsteps

Hmm...Toddler Hiway is 7 minutes and 40 seconds long...this could turn out badly

^Holy shit...they wrote new verses and this is one of the greatest things I've ever heard

Let me tag Herpes Derpes in this post

Wow, Dan Miller pulls a solo in Hotel Detective (She Was A)

These things happen to other people ... hmm I think they've probably played She's An Angel way too many times

I found out she likes anal
I don't think she knows I know
I'm worried that cum thing might happen to her if anyone ever puts out

Youth Culture may have killed their dog but it definitely didn't screw the pooch in this one

This song seemed better before people started using the James Bond riff in Extenze commercials

Oh nice they go right into Dented Car

I smoked some pot in my car
I took Rich Green for a ride

This version of Absolutely Bill's Mood is damned good

This is the best Chess Piece Face has ever sounded...solo accordion and vocals

...and right into Hope That I Get Old Before I die without even a pause

The biggest complaint I have with this album so far is that the vocals are about 10x less energetic than they are on TMBG's *actual* first album

I'm convinced the song "The Day" is full of sexual innuendos...

The day Marvin GAYE and Phil Ochs got married
The trees all waved their giant arms
And hapPENIS BLED from every STREETCORNER
And BIplanes bombed with fluffy DILDOS

Damn, Linnell pulls off the keys perfectly in the mid-section of Rhythm Section Want Ad...this might be the best sounding track on the CD even if it's still basically a rewrite of Don't Let's Start

All in all I give this album a 7/10.