Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Flansburgh Here,

118 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Hello Club

da leggere,
30 giu 1996, 03:00:0030/06/96

Hey, I'm restlessly waiting in a dressing room in Washington DC for this
Mono Puff show with my pal Mike's computer and I just wanted to bring
anyone interested up to date on some up coming stuff. TMBGs singley ep
(with B sides is going to be out in September on Elektra, and the album is
going to be out in October. The title won't be "Chimp" or "At Large", and
might be "Boro-Wide" or my current favorite "Factory Showroom" but we
haven't really discussed that with anyone, so who knows what everyone can
agree on. Songs will include How Can I Sing Like A Girl?, Certain People I
Could Name, S-E-X-X-Y, Pet Name, Exquisite Dead Guy, Rat Patrol, New York
City, I Can Hear You, and a bunch more I can't remember.

Up coming shows in DC, NYC and NJ in the middle of August, St Louis is now
either August or Sept., and we'll hit the road at the end of Sept.

I am going to do an on-line chat on Sonic Net on July 11 for Mono Puff,
and am doing a tour diary over at that SpinOnLine thing on AOL under "Mono
Puff." Get your ten free hours, and stop in and say hello.

Later
Flans

Sr Pescado

da leggere,
4 lug 1996, 03:00:0004/07/96

I didn't see anybody else say anything, but my news reader could be
delayed....

DID ANYBODY ELSE NOTICE FLANSBURGH JUST POSTED ABOUT THE TMBG ALBUM?

just wondering. calmly. very calmly.

mitch

mi...@tmbg.org

Ken Buddha

da leggere,
4 lug 1996, 03:00:0004/07/96

That was probably not him, right?

Garit 1997

da leggere,
4 lug 1996, 03:00:0004/07/96

It was Mr. Flans, indeed.

AOL users can go to the "Boreds" at Keyword: Spin for proof. If you don't
have access to AOL, just take my word for it.

marijane white

da leggere,
4 lug 1996, 03:00:0004/07/96

On 4 Jul 1996, Sr Pescado wrote:

> I didn't see anybody else say anything, but my news reader could be
> delayed....

yours is the first on this to reach my newsfeed...

> DID ANYBODY ELSE NOTICE FLANSBURGH JUST POSTED ABOUT THE TMBG ALBUM?

yeah, i did... i was so excited i couldn't post...

> just wondering. calmly. very calmly.

but is it really him? or just a hello rep type person in disguise?
how frustrating.

marijane
--
"I want to get a tattoo of myself on my entire body, only taller."
-Steven Wright

Ryan Patrick Bassler

da leggere,
5 lug 1996, 03:00:0005/07/96

marijane white <mkw...@silver.sdsmt.edu> writes:

>On 4 Jul 1996, Sr Pescado wrote:

>> I didn't see anybody else say anything, but my news reader could be
>> delayed....

>yours is the first on this to reach my newsfeed...

>> DID ANYBODY ELSE NOTICE FLANSBURGH JUST POSTED ABOUT THE TMBG ALBUM?

>yeah, i did... i was so excited i couldn't post...

>> just wondering. calmly. very calmly.

>but is it really him? or just a hello rep type person in disguise?
>how frustrating.

>marijane

Yes, why wouldn't it be Flans? I thought it was common knowledge 'round
here that John 'n John are both on the 'net, and I'm sure read this
ng occasionally.
The only reason I'm surprised that he posted is that now he has to deal
(probably) with tons of posts from idiots...questions ranging from
"I likes They Might Be Giants" to "Can I send you a demo tape of my
band...blah, blah, blah..."
Actually,someone should have asked him...(ok, I'll do it now)

How come Nightgown of the Sullen Moon didn't make Lincoln, eh? ;)

Ryan Bassler ---------> bas...@students.uiuc.edu
LMP HOME PAGE - - - - -> www.prairienet.org/~bassler

LMP's debut CD - AUNT CANADA - due in July!!!

marijane white

da leggere,
5 lug 1996, 03:00:0005/07/96

On 5 Jul 1996, Ryan Patrick Bassler wrote:

> marijane white <mkw...@silver.sdsmt.edu> writes:
> >but is it really him? or just a hello rep type person in disguise?
> >how frustrating.

> Yes, why wouldn't it be Flans? I thought it was common knowledge 'round

> here that John 'n John are both on the 'net, and I'm sure read this
> ng occasionally.

really? since when? i've been reading a.m.tmbg since, oh, october 1994,
and back then it was said that neither of them were online, and the few
posts we got wth either of their names on them were silly forgeries. at
that point, word was that they knew the ng existed but they weren't
involved with it in any way. when did this change? i haven't seen
anything about either of them having any sort of internet or email
account.

of course, message propagation has been perfectly horrid this last year or
so, perhaps it never reached my newsfeed.

oh well, whatever, in any case it's awfully neat to see flans here. i
hope this becomes a regular event.

marijane
--
"The original Mickey Mouse was in Mouse, with English subtitles."
-Steven Wright

Chris Cieslak

da leggere,
6 lug 1996, 03:00:0006/07/96

the screen name monopuff seems to belong to mtsc...@students.uiuc.edu.
(according to the page http://members.aol.com/monopuff/monopuff.html)

Chris

Opus Mo

da leggere,
7 lug 1996, 03:00:0007/07/96

marijane white wrote:
> oh well, whatever, in any case it's awfully neat to see flans here. i
> hope this becomes a regular event.

I honestly doubt it.. on AOL Flans has mentioned several times that he's
going to use his "10 free hours" disk and sign off forever. It was a
nice thing to see, and I"m just hoping he gets "addicted" to the 'net
and sticks around. But I'm not counting on it.

the faboo opus mo

myke

da leggere,
7 lug 1996, 03:00:0007/07/96

Chris Cieslak (ccie...@uiuc.edu) wrote:

: the screen name monopuff seems to belong to mtsc...@students.uiuc.edu.

It's Flansburgh. The E mail address and screen name aren't
Mono Puff but Hello Club. The Mono Puff web site is indeed run
by that other guy, it's not even close to official, but
the Hello Club postings (as well as Dept PPFNP postings)
are the real deal.

--
Greetings from Planet Kinsey-3 Myke (je...@execpc.com)
Ron Sexsmith is God http://execpc.com/~jerk

Chris Cieslak

da leggere,
7 lug 1996, 03:00:0007/07/96

myke wrote:

> Chris Cieslak (ccie...@uiuc.edu) wrote:
>
> : the screen name monopuff seems to belong to mtsc...@students.uiuc.edu.
> : (according to the page http://members.aol.com/monopuff/monopuff.html)
>
> It's Flansburgh. The E mail address and screen name aren't
> Mono Puff but Hello Club. The Mono Puff web site is indeed run
> by that other guy, it's not even close to official, but
> the Hello Club postings (as well as Dept PPFNP postings)
> are the real deal.

whoops. nifty... i guess the faq will have to be updated. Hopefully
he wont trash the account after the ten free hours tho. :)

I just ordered Unsupervised from Rykodisc... I was sick
of going to record stores and having them look at me funny. Of course,
they do that anyway, but even more so when i ask for the Mono Puff disc.

awaiting the UPS truck,
Chris

Crow

da leggere,
8 lug 1996, 03:00:0008/07/96

On Jul 06, 1996 21:45:21 in article <Re: Flansburgh Here,>, 'Chris Cieslak

<ccie...@uiuc.edu>' wrote:

>the screen name monopuff seems to belong to mtsc...@students.uiuc.edu.
>(according to the page http://members.aol.com/monopuff/monopuff.html)
--
The screenname Flans used wasn't Monopuff it was HelloClub...
-Kevin-

Chris Cieslak

da leggere,
9 lug 1996, 03:00:0009/07/96

just goes to show you cant beleive everything you hear... :)

still waiting for the darned UPS truck,
Chris
http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~ccieslak/story
The Really Bad Story Of The Week- 250 People Must Be Wrong

Groove Child

da leggere,
9 lug 1996, 03:00:0009/07/96

On 4 Jul 1996, Ken Buddha wrote:

> That was probably not him, right?

Why wouldn't it be him? Flans is a cool guy, and he has been collecting
his free online hours. He also mentioned a few songs that I have
never heard of (Exquisite Dead Guy, uhh something else). Why is it so
hard to believe? Why why why?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-Nola H. Weaver, Groove Child-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Why the dancing, shouting?
Why the shrieks of pain? no...@tmbg.org
The lovely music groov...@tmbg.org
Why the smell of burning autumn leaves? ---TMBG

Dick Assman

da leggere,
11 lug 1996, 03:00:0011/07/96

Groove Child wrote:

> On 4 Jul 1996, Ken Buddha wrote:
>
> > That was probably not him, right?
>
> Why wouldn't it be him? Flans is a cool guy, and he has been collecting
> his free online hours. He also mentioned a few songs that I have
> never heard of (Exquisite Dead Guy, uhh something else). Why is it so
> hard to believe? Why why why?

It's kinda like bumping into him on the street or something. Just very
unexpected, that's all.

Chris
http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~ccieslak/story

0 nuovi messaggi