Severe Tire Damage

ProfApe

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

Hi-ho, everybody.
I'm doing an article for the school paper on any band I want, so I chose They,
naturally. But here's the rub: I have to know a lot about Their next album to
do the story (my editor's always telling me what to put in the articles), and I
have only vague recollections to guide me.
So waht I'd appreciate is if everyone who has actually heard one of the Johns
say anything about the contents or release of STD (August, right?) could E-mail
me or post what you know here. As I recall, Flans has said that it has 17
tracks and 6 ape songs, but I'm not sure if I read that or made it up. And I
think that She's An Angel and Dr. Worm are on it too. So let me know.
And by the way, if you've heard Them say something definite about a knew studio
album or Superfueled Freaksicle ever being released, I need that info too.
Help me give TMBG some exposure!

Professor Ape
Pro...@aol.com

"You've never handled a piece, you big fibber!
-Mrs. F, MST3K
"When this gray world crumbles like a cake,
I'll be hanging from the hope that I'll never
see that recipe again."
-They

ALeigh992

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

>So waht I'd appreciate is if everyone who has actually heard one of the Johns
>say anything about the contents or release of STD (August, right?)

yep. August.

> Flans has said that it has 17
>tracks and 6 ape songs, but I'm not sure if I read that or made it up. And I
>think that She's An Angel and Dr. Worm are on it too.

From the 4-17-98 concert, they said they made 6 ape songs, but there are only 5
movies, and they're not sure which song isn't a movie. Also to be on the CD is
They Got Lost (or They Might be Giants Got Lost...whichever they decided to
use). A yes for Dr Worm, an I don't know for She's an Angel, and an I don't
think so for Older and I am not Your Broom...but I could be wrong on those last
2

Aleigh
Currently resides at: http://i.am/not_your_broom

"Damn John Jay! Damn everyone who won't damn John Jay! Damn
everyone who won't sit up all night Damning John Jay!"~painted on
a fence in 1785

Nendawen

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

Hi!

THis is what little I have known about STD.

Title of Album:
Severe tire Damage

Vague Release Date:
August

Idea/Concept of the Album:
A live album w/studio tracks. (like Harry Chapin's Greatest
Stories Live)

Songs that WILL be on the Album: (as of the 9/1/97 newsletter)
Dr. Worm. (Live)
"Planet of the" Ape Songs
I Am Not Your Broom
They Got Lost
Older
I've Learned the Value of Human Sacrifice.
A Stranger's Eye
Triboro Bridge (an instrumental spot-lighting drummer Dan Hickey.)
On the Drag
Counterfiet Faker

Songs Rumored to be on the Album:
She's An Angel
Instanbul
A studio recorded Dr Worm
Frankenstien

That's all I have to say about that,
Nendawen

P.S. Why do people freak and fuss over "SuperField FreakSickle"? It was just
a title that was in the works for "Factory Showroom," wasn't it? or was it
something more?

Mr Show

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

> Why do people freak and fuss over "SuperField FreakSickle"? It was just
>a title that was in the works for "Factory Showroom," wasn't it? or was it
>something more?

It was the working title for another B-sides album like "Miscellaneous-T". But
TMBG has said that they don't think they'll release it because they don't want
to flood the market with too much marginal stuff. Fans make a fuss over it
because they would really like to see it come out.

`Jake
http://members.aol.com/mrshow/
Senior...@tmbg.org

Kaylum

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

It says on the Mono Puff page that Flans is working on the Dr. Worm video now,
and that it will be animated. They have also said it will be the only studio
track on the album. I doubt they'd put both a live and studio version of it on
STD, but you never know.

Kay

Kevin Sullivan

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

At the 12/18/97 concert they called the ape song "Jazz Ape" so I'm
guessing that's the one that wasn't a movie:)

ALeigh992

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

>At the 12/18/97 concert they called the ape song "Jazz Ape" so I'm
>guessing that's the one that wasn't a movie:)

I think they named em at the 4-17-98 concert, and Jazz ape wasn't one of them,
maybe that was a different title for a song, or another song entirely...they
all sounded like titles that could be movies. I could go downstairs and get my
tape, but I'm too lazy right now :-)

VoVat

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Nendawen wrote:
>Songs that WILL be on the Album: (as of the 9/1/97 newsletter)
> Dr. Worm. (Live)

I doubt it, since there will be a studio version of this one. I've heard one
of the Johns say that "Dr. Worm" will be the ONLY studio track on the album,
but I've also heard that there will be "studio tracks" (plural), and that there
will be stuff that no one has heard on the album (which you obviously couldn't
say about stuff that was recorded at concerts).

>"Planet of the" Ape Songs

All of them? I seem to remember hearing somewhere that "Battle" will be on
there, but I don't know about the others. It seems to me that putting on five
or six "Apes" songs would be overkill. A "Planet of the Apes" EP strikes me as
being a better idea, but I doubt that this will be released.

>Older

I've heard that this one won't be on the album. I certainly wouldn't complain
if it is, though.

>A Stranger's Eye

I don't think I've ever heard of this one.

I remember hearing somewhere that "Rest Awhile" will not be on the new album.
I hope it's released soon, though, and in a version where the lyrics can
actually be understood.

Nathan Mulac DeHoff
Temporarily on AOL, but you can also reach me at:
Dinne...@tmbg.org
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/
"We can't be silent, because they might be giants, and what are we going to do
unless they are?"

Superfly

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

ALeigh992 wrote

>I think they named em at the 4-17-98 concert, and Jazz ape wasn't one of
them,
>maybe that was a different title for a song, or another song
entirely...they
>all sounded like titles that could be movies. I could go downstairs and
get my
>tape, but I'm too lazy right now :-)

Songs:
Escape from the Planet of the Apes
Return to the Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes...
and simply--
Planet of the Apes

At least this is what I have...and I'm not sure which isn't a movie...I
thought there *were* five, but then hey, who knows? We have a ton of these
movies at the vid store. I'll look when I'm there tomorrow.
~~Trisha

Yer Pal Paul

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

Nendawen <nend...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199805241818...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> (as of the 9/1/97 newsletter)

Whoa! What's all this then!? A 9/1/97 newsletter with STD info? Is this
BS or did anyone else see this?

--
Yer Pal Paul
Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it.

VoVat

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Yer Pal Paul wrote:
>Whoa! What's all this then!? A 9/1/97 newsletter with STD info?

STD info? You mean stuff like "You can't get AIDS from using the same
silverware as an infected person"?

Robert Conde

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

ALeigh992 wrote:

> >At the 12/18/97 concert they called the ape song "Jazz Ape" so I'm
> >guessing that's the one that wasn't a movie:)
Jazz ape is the name of the bassist's side project.

Jaha

Christopher M. Stangl

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

On 28 May 1998, VoVat wrote:

> STD info? You mean stuff like "You can't get AIDS from using the same
> silverware as an infected person"?

You can if you're playing "Shove the Spork into Your Profusely
Bleeding Open Wound".
-Chris Stangl

Christopher M. Stangl

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Superfly wrote:

> Songs:
> Escape from the Planet of the Apes
> Return to the Planet of the Apes
> Battle for the Planet of the Apes
> Conquest of the Planet of the Apes...
> and simply--
> Planet of the Apes
>
> At least this is what I have...and I'm not sure which isn't a movie...

"Return to the Planet of the Apes" isn't a movie. "Back to the
Planet of the Apes" is a movie (well, a 1974 tee vee movie). "Beneath the
Planet of the Apes" is also a movie (1970). I haven't heard any of the
TMBG Ape songs, so I can't say whether or not these films have been given
their own instalments in the musical tour-de-force. But the fake one is
"Return to the Planet of the Apes".

> I thought there *were* five, but then hey, who knows?

There are six. In order: "Planet of the Apes" ('68), "Beneath the
Planet of the Apes" (70), "Escape from the Planet of the Apes" ('71),
"Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" ('72), "Battle for the Planet of the
Apes" ('73), then the TV series, and "Back to the Planet of the Apes"
(both '74).
Used to play "Name the 'Ape' movies in order" as a party game.
PBECB(TV)B is the acronym (PlanetBeneathEscapeConquestBattleTeeVeeBack).
The mnemonic I used was "Peter Buck Eats Connie Booth's Butt", which was
not actually very helpful, but amused me greatly.

> We have a ton of these movies at the vid store.

A ton of six?

> I'll look when I'm there tomorrow.
> ~~Trisha

I recommend "Planet of the Apes" and "Beneath" in particular.
-Rev. Chris "Monster Zero" Stangl, yeti

ALeigh992

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

>We have a ton of these
>movies at the vid store. I'll look when I'm there tomorrow.
>~~Trisha

Geez. I tried to rent planet of the apes at the local blockbuster a few
weekends ago, and they didn't have it! They don't have They Might be Giants
either, and about one copy of every new release. I'm thinking it's time to
start going to another movie store.

VoVat

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Christopher M. Stangl wrote:
>On Tue, 26 May 1998, Superfly wrote:
>> We have a ton of these movies at the vid store.
>
> A ton of six?

Well, there are probably multiple copies of each one. Either that, or the
tapes are VERY heavy.

MDJSK

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

> I recommend "Planet of the Apes" and "Beneath" in particular.

I recommend the musical version of "Planet of the Apes," starring Troy McClure,
coming soon to a town near you!!

"You'll Never Make a Monkey Out of Me"

Troy: [singing]
I hate every ape I see
From chimpan-a to chimpan-zee
No you'll never make a monkey out of me
Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Earth all along
You've finally made a monkey
Apes: Yes we've finally made a monkey
Troy: Yes you've finally made a monkey out of me
Apes: Yes we've finally made a monkey out of you
Troy: I love you, Dr. Zaius!

Jake
" Troy: [singing] I can siiiiiiiing!!"

Joey Odorisio

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

>"You'll Never Make a Monkey Out of Me"

That was just on last night, and sadly..Phil Hartman again..

- JOEY ODORISIO rgj...@prodigy.com

"I`m not scared...I`m outta here."-R.E.M.,Electrolite

Undecider

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

> "Return to the Planet of the Apes" isn't a movie. "Back to the
>Planet of the Apes" is a movie (well, a 1974 tee vee movie). "Beneath the
>Planet of the Apes" is also a movie (1970). I haven't heard any of the
>TMBG Ape songs, so I can't say whether or not these films have been given
>their own instalments in the musical tour-de-force.

They have songs for all six, (with Return taking the place of Back), but I
haven't heard Beneath. I have a bootleg in which they refer to Beneath as a
"power-ballad."

-Undecider!

Undecider

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

> You can if you're playing "Shove the Spork into Your Profusely
>Bleeding Open Wound".
> -Chris Stangl

I love that game, I always win.

-Undecider!

Superfly

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Christopher M. Stangl

> You can if you're playing "Shove the Spork into Your Profusely
>Bleeding Open Wound".

SPORK!!! SPORK!!
I like Sporks. Seems like the only place you can get them though is the
local KFC...tasty place, that is...
~~Trisha, gettin' ready for an on-topic post..really..ya'll need to pay
attention..here it comes..soon...

Superfly

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Christopher M. Stangl wrote

> "Return to the Planet of the Apes" isn't a movie. "Back to the
>Planet of the Apes" is a movie (well, a 1974 tee vee movie). "Beneath the
>Planet of the Apes" is also a movie (1970). I haven't heard any of the
>TMBG Ape songs,

They are quite good, really

so I can't say whether or not these films have been given

>their own instalments in the musical tour-de-force. But the fake one is

>"Return to the Planet of the Apes".

"One of these things is not like the other...one of these things just
doesn't belong..."

> Used to play "Name the 'Ape' movies in order" as a party game.
>PBECB(TV)B is the acronym (PlanetBeneathEscapeConquestBattleTeeVeeBack).
>The mnemonic I used was "Peter Buck Eats Connie Booth's Butt", which was
>not actually very helpful, but amused me greatly.

Butt humor *does* tend to amuse boys.

> A ton of six?

yes, a ton of six. They are some damn big movies!

>> I'll look when I'm there tomorrow.
>> ~~Trisha
>

> I recommend "Planet of the Apes" and "Beneath" in particular.

I forgot to look tonight. Damn.
Chris, you amaze me, btw. Just had to share that.
~~Trisha

simon

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

In article <Pine.A41.3.95.980528064918.21606d-
100...@black.weeg.uiowa.edu>, "Christopher M. Stangl"
<cst...@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> writes

>On Tue, 26 May 1998, Superfly wrote:
>>
>> Songs:
>> Escape from the Planet of the Apes

>> Return to the Planet of the Apes
>> Battle for the Planet of the Apes
>> Conquest of the Planet of the Apes...
>> and simply--
>> Planet of the Apes
>>
>> At least this is what I have...and I'm not sure which isn't a movie...
>
> "Return to the Planet of the Apes" isn't a movie. "Back to the
>Planet of the Apes" is a movie (well, a 1974 tee vee movie). "Beneath the
>Planet of the Apes" is also a movie (1970). I haven't heard any of the
>TMBG Ape songs, so I can't say whether or not these films have been given

>their own instalments in the musical tour-de-force. But the fake one is
>"Return to the Planet of the Apes".
Doesn't a Tee vee movie count?
I seem to remember more than six
IMHO the tv series was excellent much better than most of the films.It
managed to recreate the feel of the first film where they are on what
appears to be foreign lands but they find things that gives them an
indication of what had happened.I heard they are going to remake the
original.
--
simon

chr...@ccrtc.com

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Planet of the Apes

Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Escape from the Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Battle for the Planet of the Apes

These were all the theatrical films in order. Any others are
either 2 episodes of the TV series put together as TV movies
or are figments of your imagination. -Zeeterman

McLean Sloughter

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

simon wrote:

> In article <Pine.A41.3.95.980528064918.21606d-
> 100...@black.weeg.uiowa.edu>, "Christopher M. Stangl"
> <cst...@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> writes
> >On Tue, 26 May 1998, Superfly wrote:
> >>
> >> Songs:

> >> Escape from the Planet of the Apes

> >> Return to the Planet of the Apes

> >> Battle for the Planet of the Apes

> >> Conquest of the Planet of the Apes...
> >> and simply--
> >> Planet of the Apes
> >>
> >> At least this is what I have...and I'm not sure which isn't a
> movie...
> >
> > "Return to the Planet of the Apes" isn't a movie. "Back to the
>

> >Planet of the Apes" is a movie (well, a 1974 tee vee movie). "Beneath
> the

> >Planet of the Apes" is also a movie (1970). I haven't heard any of
> the
> >TMBG Ape songs, so I can't say whether or not these films have been
> given
> >their own instalments in the musical tour-de-force. But the fake one
> is
> >"Return to the Planet of the Apes".
> Doesn't a Tee vee movie count?
> I seem to remember more than six
> IMHO the tv series was excellent much better than most of the films.It
>
> managed to recreate the feel of the first film where they are on what
> appears to be foreign lands but they find things that gives them an
> indication of what had happened.I heard they are going to remake the
> original.
> --
> simon

There were many Teevee movies, with some beautifully corny titles
("Life, Liberty, and Pursuit on the Planet of the Apes"). There were
also some comic books that carried on the plot from the later movies
nicely. And the new film is not supposed to be a remake. It is, at
last word, going to be a James Cameron-directed new film which will fit
in with the plot of the original five movies.

- McLean

Superfly

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Mmriel wrote
>Taco Bell's utensil of choice is the spork... if I remember correctly,
though,
>theirs are kind of weird, three prongs instead of four. (Or maybe we
should
>call them "sprongs." Only because it sounds cool.)
>I once met a girl who claimed to a have a metal spork. (I did not speak to
her
>after that.)

Ooh this is a perfect segue for my little story...
the other night at work I was having a lovely conversation with a friend and
her mother...and it went something like this...
Lynn (mom): Trisha, never trust a man with two first names, it just doesn't
work that way...
Trisha: Never trust a man with two last names, either...
<and after a few moments of silence Vanessa pipes up>
Vanessa:and never ever trust a man with two penises...

Okay. so it was funny at the time.
~~Trisha, a SPORK fan.. (or a Sprong fan)

Superfly

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Christopher M. Stangl wrote
> My family has a set of four stainless steel sporks. They were a
>wedding gift for my parents (from an uncle, I believe). They are in a
>small, tasteful deep-blue cardboard box (textured to look like alligator
>skin, and flocked on the inside) which is embossed in fake gold-leaf
>across the top reading "SPORK". Inside there is a little leaflet
>explaining the Spork. Nobody ever uses them. Maybe I will take them next
>time I'm at that house.

This was a little more information than I needed to know about your family,
chris. Hey--maybe you'll receive them as a wedding gift at
your..um...whatever it is you're going to have when you "bond" with
someone. Cuz as I was writing this I just remembered you don't believe in
marriage. Ack. Stuck my foot in that one!

> I believe you made a typo, and intended to write "Icky place which
>reeks of the burning fat of thousands of slaughtered animals". A mere
>misspelling, I'm sure.

Uh..sure..you're right. MY BAD. I goofed. Icky place, that is.

> Give it to me, Trish!... I'm ready. I can take it!

OOh..I like that phrase Chris....can you say that to me more often? (give it
to me, Trish!)
Tee hee..
Boy am I in a mood today!
~~Trisha

Superfly

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

ALeigh992 wrote >

>Geez. I tried to rent planet of the apes at the local blockbuster a few
>weekends ago, and they didn't have it! They don't have They Might be
Giants
>either, and about one copy of every new release. I'm thinking it's time to
>start going to another movie store.

Okay..there are two video stores in my town...Video West & Videos and
More--they don't have They Might Be Giants....there are 2 vid stores in
Burlington..mine and Hollywood, and they don't have it....and in Mt. Vernon
theres Blockbuster, Crazy Mikes, Video Land, and Video Depot (yes, we're
horridly saturated with video stores in this area) AND NO ONE HAS THEY MIGHT
BE GIANTS!!
You'd think out of 8 video stores and about 6 grocery stores in this little
dinky area SOMEONE WOULD HAVE IT..but no.
ARg.
~~Trisha

Mmriel

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

>SPORK!!! SPORK!!
>I like Sporks. Seems like the only place you can get them though is the
>local KFC...tasty place, that is...
>~~Trisha, gettin' ready for an on-topic post..really..ya'll need to pay
>attention..here it comes..soon...

Taco Bell's utensil of choice is the spork... if I remember correctly, though,

theirs are kind of weird, three prongs instead of four. (Or maybe we should
call them "sprongs." Only because it sounds cool.)

I once met a girl who claimed to a have a metal spork. (I did not speak to her
after that.)

Mariel

Shoseph

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Mmriel wrote:

> I once met a girl who claimed to a have a metal spork. (I did not speak to her
> after that.)

Why? Did she have 3 eyes? Was she Satan? Or did you just not see her again?
-Shoseph

--
"Groovy."
-Ash, from "Evil Dead 2"

Christopher M. Stangl

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Superfly wrote:

> Christopher M. Stangl
> > You can if you're playing "Shove the Spork into Your Profusely
> >Bleeding Open Wound".
>
> SPORK!!! SPORK!!
> I like Sporks. Seems like the only place you can get them though is the
> local KFC

My family has a set of four stainless steel sporks. They were a

wedding gift for my parents (from an uncle, I believe). They are in a
small, tasteful deep-blue cardboard box (textured to look like alligator
skin, and flocked on the inside) which is embossed in fake gold-leaf
across the top reading "SPORK". Inside there is a little leaflet
explaining the Spork. Nobody ever uses them. Maybe I will take them next
time I'm at that house.

> ...tasty place, that is...

I believe you made a typo, and intended to write "Icky place which
reeks of the burning fat of thousands of slaughtered animals". A mere
misspelling, I'm sure.

> ~~Trisha, gettin' ready for an on-topic post..really..ya'll need to pay
> attention..here it comes...soon...

Give it to me, Trish!... I'm ready. I can take it!

-Chris Stangl

VoVat

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Trisha wrote:
>Vanessa:and never ever trust a man with two penises...

A Double Dong, you mean?

Superfly

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

VoVat wrote in message <199805302252...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>Trisha wrote:
>>Vanessa:and never ever trust a man with two penises...
>
>A Double Dong, you mean?

See, I knew it could be on-topic.
Speaking of...what part do they do on Extra Krispy?
~~Trisha

Superfly

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Undecider wrote
>They do the part with the talking. It's mostly Heaven (French lady).

Thats what I thought. Funny how thats the only part in Extra Krispy I don't
care for.
~~Trisha (who still really loves the song)

MDJSK

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

>>Vanessa:and never ever trust a man with two penises...
>
>A Double Dong, you mean?

OH! so THAT'S what it means!!!!!
It all makes sense now.....
Jake
...single dong....

Adam Tyner

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

In article <199805310337...@ladder03.news.aol.com>, md...@aol.com
says...

>OH! so THAT'S what it means!!!!!
>It all makes sense now.....

After seeing Double Dong open for TMBG, I decided to see if they had an
official web site. I found...well, search yourself and you'll see what I
mean...some very interesting merchandise. :)

-Adam

--
/=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\
http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/

Undecider

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

>>A Double Dong, you mean?
>

>See, I knew it could be on-topic.
>Speaking of...what part do they do on Extra Krispy?

They do the part with the talking. It's mostly Heaven (French lady).

-Undecider!

Joey Odorisio

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

>My family has a set of four stainless steel sporks. They were a
>wedding gift for my parents (from an uncle, I believe). They are in a
>small, tasteful deep-blue cardboard box (textured to look like
alligator
>skin, and flocked on the inside) which is embossed in fake gold-leaf
>across the top reading "SPORK". Inside there is a little leaflet
>explaining the Spork. Nobody ever uses them. Maybe I will take them
next
>time I'm at that house.

Cool! My friend Sean once used tin snips to turn a spoon into a spork
for a Christmas present for a friend of ours.

Joey Odorisio

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

I`m not sure of the way all of the talking part goes, but they also
do the human beat box stuff in there too.

simon

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

In article <356F7C0B...@3-cities.com>, McLean Sloughter
<pha...@3-cities.com> writes

>> I seem to remember more than six
>> IMHO the tv series was excellent much better than most of the films.It
>>
>> managed to recreate the feel of the first film where they are on what
>> appears to be foreign lands but they find things that gives them an
>> indication of what had happened.I heard they are going to remake the
>> original.
>> --
>> simon
>
> There were many Teevee movies, with some beautifully corny titles
>("Life, Liberty, and Pursuit on the Planet of the Apes"). There were
>also some comic books that carried on the plot from the later movies
>nicely. And the new film is not supposed to be a remake. It is, at
>last word, going to be a James Cameron-directed new film which will fit
>in with the plot of the original five movies.
>
>- McLean
I seem to remember more than six proper movies.I saw a tv series (which
may have been the teevee movies strung together but they weren't as
long. I remember the humans finding sanfransico and a computer in a
building then being hunted by apes.
The humans staying on a farm and giving farming tips to the ape farmer
The humans finding another Human who could talk
That's really all I can remember.
--
simon

SpiderEyes

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

>I once met a girl who claimed to a have a metal spork. (I did not speak to
her
>after that.)

I had a couple metal sporks. You can't buy them, but they're easy to make.
Just take a common dining hall fork (or other cheap metal fork) and heat it
over a Bunsen burner or similar. Then shape it appropriately. (I'd
recommend against using bare hands here.)

- SpiderEyes

----------------
His brain began to buzz gently and suck its thumb. Lots of little synapses
deep inside his cerebral cortex all joined hands and started dancing around
and singing nursery rhymes.
- Douglas Adams
----------------
Estimated amount of glucose used by an adult human brain each day, expressed
in M&Ms: 250
- Harper's Index, October 1989

Christopher M. Stangl

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Superfly wrote:

> Christopher M. Stangl wrote

> > My family has a set of four stainless steel sporks. They were a
> >wedding gift for my parents (from an uncle, I believe). They are in a
> >small, tasteful deep-blue cardboard box (textured to look like alligator
> >skin, and flocked on the inside) which is embossed in fake gold-leaf
> >across the top reading "SPORK". Inside there is a little leaflet
> >explaining the Spork. Nobody ever uses them. Maybe I will take them next
> >time I'm at that house.
>

> This was a little more information than I needed to know about your family,
> chris.

Let me tell you about my parents' first date sometime. Or the
story of my conception (yes, they ARE separate stories).

> Hey--maybe you'll receive them as a wedding gift at your..um...whatever
> it is you're going to have when you "bond" with someone.

You know, I don't have a word for it either. I asked my last
girlfriend to marry me, knowing she understood what I meant, but it didn't
really sound right... Can anybody offer a suitable name for this ("Would
you like to become my permanent domestic partner?" doesn't have any kind
of ring to it whatsoever...)?

> Cuz as I was writing this I just remembered you don't believe in
> marriage.

But that doesn't mean I don't expect some damn presents! (I also
expect presents from Christian friends who celebrate Christmas... and
from my non-Christian family who celebrates Christmas).

> Ack. Stuck my foot in that one!

Hey hey! You can stick that foot anywhere you like.

> > I believe you made a typo, and intended to write "Icky place which
> >reeks of the burning fat of thousands of slaughtered animals". A mere
> >misspelling, I'm sure.
>

> Uh..sure..you're right. MY BAD. I goofed. Icky place, that is.

Don't get me wrong though. Back in my chicken-eating days, I
recall the glorious feasts of Kentucky Fried Chicken which I would
undertake on a regular basis (back in the day before it was just "KFC",
a name I don't care to acknowledge). Buckets at a time. And those
biscuits are fantastic.
And I like the Kentucky Fried Chicken scene in Spike Lee's
"School Daze"...
Someday my body will forgive me for putting all that crap into
it...

> > Give it to me, Trish!... I'm ready. I can take it!
>

> OOh..I like that phrase Chris....can you say that to me more often? (give it
> to me, Trish!)

Sure thing... But you gotta give me a REASON to say it, okay?

> Tee hee..
> Boy am I in a mood today!
> ~~Trisha

Personally, I'm always in that mood.
-Chris Stangl, only able to flirt this grotesquely
behind the faceless anonymity of a computer.

Superfly

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Christopher M. Stangl wrote

> Let me tell you about my parents' first date sometime. Or the
>story of my conception (yes, they ARE separate stories).

I shall keep this in mind..when I need some sort of anecdote to brighten my
day..well, hell, why don't you just tell us all now!!??
and..I don't think mine are separate stories (first date and
conception)--honestly!

> You know, I don't have a word for it either. I asked my last
>girlfriend to marry me, knowing she understood what I meant, but it didn't
>really sound right... Can anybody offer a suitable name for this ("Would
>you like to become my permanent domestic partner?" doesn't have any kind
>of ring to it whatsoever...)?

Are you going to wear a "permanent domestic partner" ring? How would you go
about a divorce? Would you just break up? or would you go through a parody
of some sort of legal process, or what? curiouser and curiouser....

> But that doesn't mean I don't expect some damn presents! (I also
>expect presents from Christian friends who celebrate Christmas... and
>from my non-Christian family who celebrates Christmas).

okay..you'll get damn presents, dammit!!! For your birthday, and Christmas,
and your, um.."bonding" or whatever.
Whens your bday again? I don't wanna forget.
and don't blame me if you get sporks, cactus spears, and avocados...and
maybe, for comic relief, a gift certificate to Kentucky Fried Chicken (for
the biscuits, man, really!)

> Hey hey! You can stick that foot anywhere you like.

bend over, buddy!

> Don't get me wrong though. Back in my chicken-eating days, I
>recall the glorious feasts of Kentucky Fried Chicken which I would
>undertake on a regular basis (back in the day before it was just "KFC",
>a name I don't care to acknowledge). Buckets at a time. And those
>biscuits are fantastic.

Those biscuits *are* the shit, aren't they?

> And I like the Kentucky Fried Chicken scene in Spike Lee's
>"School Daze"...
> Someday my body will forgive me for putting all that crap into
>it...

I am trying to change my eating habits. its tough. Especially that coffee
habit.

> Sure thing... But you gotta give me a REASON to say it, okay?

Do you really need a *reason* for saying it to me? come on, its me, Resident
TMBG porn Queen! Just say it, dammit.

> Personally, I'm always in that mood.

oooh, really?

> -Chris Stangl, only able to flirt this grotesquely
> behind the faceless anonymity of a computer.

really? I flirt this grotesquely all the time. But I also decided long ago
that it does no one any good for me to be shy. Just not my nature.
Keep flirting, chris, you're doing a GREAT job!
~~Trisha, lovin' every minute of it...

ProphetM

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

In article <6ks7qd$6v6c$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>, RGJ...@prodigy.com
(Joey Odorisio) writes:

>>My family has a set of four stainless steel sporks. They were a
>>wedding gift for my parents (from an uncle, I believe). They are in a
>>small, tasteful deep-blue cardboard box (textured to look like
>alligator
>>skin, and flocked on the inside) which is embossed in fake gold-leaf
>>across the top reading "SPORK". Inside there is a little leaflet
>>explaining the Spork. Nobody ever uses them. Maybe I will take them
>next
>>time I'm at that house.
>

> Cool! My friend Sean once used tin snips to turn a spoon into a spork
>for a Christmas present for a friend of ours.

Yeah? Neato. I once used a pocketknife to turn a Coke can into a spoon. I had
forgotten mine, you see, and there was this cup of Jello Pudding...

My Dad has a couple of custom-(read 'home-')made combination knife/fork things.
They belonged to his mother, who needed them; through some unfortunate
accident, she had only one hand.

Mike

My Baracudda was in the shop so I was in a rented Stingray, and it was
overheating. I pulled into a Shell station. They said I'd blown a seal. I said,
"Fix the damn thing and leave my private life out of it, OK pal?"

http://members.aol.com/prophetm

Christopher M. Stangl

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

On 31 May 1998, MDJSK wrote:

> >>Vanessa:and never ever trust a man with two penises...
> >

> >A Double Dong, you mean?
> >

> OH! so THAT'S what it means!!!!!
> It all makes sense now.....

> Jake
> ...single dong....

Jake, if you really think that's what a Double Dong is, you've
lead a more sheltered life than that kid in the Skinner Box...
-Chris Stangl

Ross Vandegrift

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

>Whens your bday again? I don't wanna forget.
>and don't blame me if you get sporks
Hey! Don't be dissin' the spork!! You just must not understand the spork!
Go to http://www.spork.org and learn about it!!
Never underestimate the power of the spork!!
(Although the sporks from Taco Bell are far superior to those from KFC... if
they are even civilized to have sporks at all...)

--
Ross Vandegrift / Eric J. Fenderson