HELP needed with TMBG List Project

Bo Orloff

Sep 24, 2004, 1:10:25 PM9/24/04
Hey alt.music.tmbg!

I'm working on a small project for TMBG which involves coming up with a
whole bunch of lists related to any and all aspects of TMBG. I'd love to
get some input and assistance from the denizens of alt.music.tmbg. I'm
not at liberty to reveal any details about exactly how these lists will
be used, but it will be cool and harm none.

Lists could be of any sort, for example:

References to TMBG in films, television shows and/or literary works.

References to films, television shows and/or literary works in TMBG
songs.

All the countries of the world TMBG has played in.

List of U.S. states and Canadian provinces TMBG has never played in.

Historical and/or mythological persons mentioned in TMBG songs.

List of other bands musicians from TMBG's back up band have played in.

You get the idea. Any list of anything TMBG-related will be considered.
Funny lists, serious lists, short lists, exhaustive lists. Whatever.
Since TMBG fans often tend to be a little on the obsessive side ;), I
bet you guys already have bunches of TMBG-related lists compiled and
sitting on yer hard drives, right?

Of course, this being the litigious world it is, all lists and/or ideas
submitted become the property of the TMBG. We can't pay anything, but
anyone whose list gets used in the final project will get credit and a
nice thank you gift.

Oh, and did I mention that we need these lists ASAP (like yesterday)?
You can reply here, but please also email your lists to me at
<ob...@broadviewnet.net>.

Bo Orloff
<ob...@broadviewnet.net>
Wub-Fur Internet Radio
<http://wub-fur.dhs.org/radio/>

Eminel

Sep 24, 2004, 4:59:07 PM9/24/04
Wow, I didn't realize that you're still involved with TMBG. For those
who don't know, Bo ran the very first official TMBG website at
dnai.com/~obo/tmbg, which was replaced in 1997 by tmbg.com.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that a lot of these types of lists
are available online at tmbw.net.

-Mike

scratch

Sep 24, 2004, 6:51:18 PM9/24/04
Eminel wrote:

> Wow, I didn't realize that you're still involved with TMBG. For those
> who don't know, Bo ran the very first official TMBG website at
> dnai.com/~obo/tmbg, which was replaced in 1997 by tmbg.com.

He was the one who contacted Twistid about removing certain material.

-scratch

makebase

Sep 24, 2004, 7:46:18 PM9/24/04
> List of U.S. states and Canadian provinces TMBG has never played in.

As best I can tell, the only US states TMBG haven't played in are:

Alaska (not surprising)
Alabama (simply no record of it)
Iowa (I doubt it, but I couldn't find a record of it)
Okalahoma (very believable, mentioned in an interview)
South Dakota (no record either)
Wyoming (least populous state, I don't doubt it)

As far as Canada goes the only record of shows I found was in:

British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec

Leaving the following provinces and territories unvisited by TMBG:

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,
Nova Scotia, Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut
Territory (yes, it's a real place)

All taken from the tmbg.net archive at archive.org

Shaun

scratch

Sep 24, 2004, 9:27:03 PM9/24/04
makebase wrote:

> Iowa (I doubt it, but I couldn't find a record of it)

They've played Iowa at least a couple of times, including once in the
last couple of years.

-scratch

aliste

Sep 24, 2004, 10:42:32 PM9/24/04

Yeah, definitely, because a friend of mine told me about seeing
them in Iowa City. I believe that was where, earlier in the day
before the show, she almost got run over by Dan Miller in the
parking lot of a nearby mall.

Alice

--
"like Flansy in a soda can"

The Third John

Sep 25, 2004, 12:17:42 AM9/25/04
scratch <scr...@the-pentagon.com> wrote in message news:<2rjmoeF...@uni-berlin.de>...

Uh...get him?

scratch

Sep 25, 2004, 12:22:06 AM9/25/04
The Third John wrote:

hahaha nah. he was only communicating wishes of the band's management.
if he hadn't done it, someone else would have. i'm just saying, he's
still been around.

-scratch

Sneeze7x

Sep 27, 2004, 12:49:42 AM9/27/04
make...@yahoo.com (makebase) wrote in message news:<cbc2dd92.04092...@posting.google.com>...

> > List of U.S. states and Canadian provinces TMBG has never played in.
>
> As best I can tell, the only US states TMBG haven't played in are:
>
> Alaska (not surprising)
> Alabama (simply no record of it)
> Iowa (I doubt it, but I couldn't find a record of it)
> Okalahoma (very believable, mentioned in an interview)

Unfortunately I can't provide dates, but TMBG was here in Tulsa at the
Cain's around... 1994 or 95. If my vaguest memories serve, it was not
originally on the tour, but something else Midwestish fell through and
they ended up here on a Tuesday, or some odd night of the week. I
think it was the John Henry tour (if they even categorize them that
way). I remember the huge conga line around the floor during 'No One
Knows My Plan', and the 45 minute wait between Frank Black and the
Giants--which was pretty irritating at the time, but more than made up
for by a helluva show.

I believe they were here again 2-3 years ago, although I was deathly
ill. If it's important to anyone, I might be able to come up with the
specifics.

--Sneeze7x (Tulsa, OK)

makebase

Sep 27, 2004, 11:21:16 AM9/27/04
Well, I tried. I'm sure they've played in more than the three
provinces too. I heared this weekend that Elvis Presley only ever
played five shows outside of they US and they were all in Canada early
on in his career. Not that that's relevant to anything.

Shaun

Nate

Sep 27, 2004, 6:58:45 PM9/27/04
according to an archived tmbg.net
http://web.archive.org/web/20040205121835/www.tmbg.net/shows.html

> Alabama (simply no record of it)
09/15/99-Five Points South Music Hall-Birmingham, AL

> Iowa (I doubt it, but I couldn't find a record of it)
10/11/01-Union Memorial Ballroom-Iowa City, IA

> Okalahoma (very believable, mentioned in an interview)
03/16/02-Sager Center-Tulsa, OK

Nate

makebase

Sep 28, 2004, 1:26:17 AM9/28/04
[someone else proves me wrong, this time about what was at tmbg.net]

So I missed a couple. Perhaps I was looking at the wrong update.
Maybe I can't read. It's very insensitive of you to point out that I
have imperfections. Next thing, you'll tell me the perpetual motion
machine I invented will never finish that cure for the common cold.

Shaun