concert songs

robert marquis

Mar 11, 1994, 1:33:26 PM3/11/94
hi! i just got tickets for TMBG when they come to Ann Arbor, MI in April
(1 minute after they went on sale!) and i wanted to know....
with the new album coming out later this year, does anyone know what songs
they play at their concerts? any new ones, or just the current album songs?

thank you much,

-Bob Marquis

Dr. Fish

Mar 12, 1994, 12:10:30 PM3/12/94
...songs played include, usually, "Frankenstein" (the old Edgar Winter
tune-- I preferred the original <g>), plus newer original stuff...

"1000 Years Old"-- a highly dramatic (== humourous) tune often used to open
a show... "Ondine" (SP!!), which is "about some French girl", "Thank You
For Putting Me Back IN My Snail Shell", which is a _fantastic_ minor-key
rock tune deal thing job; plus some other songs that I don't know about
names for, like the song with the lines "we could be sleeping in the
flowers-- tell my boss I'm fired", which is also great...

I've got two loves... and they go tweet-tweet like little birds...
B L A C K O U T U N I V E R S A L , I N C .
ksan...@acsu.buffalo.edu Dr. Fish Keith E Sanders
============Dr. Fish sez: "Eat your beans, homeskillet!"============

William Pat Chuss

Mar 16, 1994, 5:22:27 PM3/16/94
From article <2lqdhm$8...@elvis.umd.umich.edu>, by mar...@elvis.umd.umich.edu (robert marquis):
Here's what came out on the mailing list from some tmbg-friends who
saw them in Providence and Concord:

To: brown-lists-...@cat.cis.brown.edu
From: Sarah McGee <ST00...@brown.edu>
Newsgroups: brown.lists.they-might-be
Subject: New Album Title and Providence Concert
Date: 12 Mar 1994 06:03:53 GMT

Hey everybody, I just got back from THEIR concert at Brown Univeristy. The
show was great, and about a quarter of the songs were from their new album.
. . . JOHN HENRY (at least thats what Flans called it.) They said it would
be out in August. Songs they played from the new album include: Dirtbike,
Thank You for Putting me Back in my Snail Shell, Unrelated Thing, Sleeping
in the Flowers, and a couple more I don't remember. Good night all.

Date: Sat, 12 Mar 94 02:44:38 EST
From: Matt ''Matt'' Harvey <ST00...@brownvm.brown.edu>
Subject: TMBG at Brown
To: TMBG List <tm...@gnu.ai.mit.edu>

Well, Sarah McGee beat me to it, but I too just came back from Their show
here at Brown, although I didn't get to see the whole thing (I was busy acting)

I can fill in the other new songs from _John_Henry_ as Flans claims the new
album will be called -- according the set list, the new songs were
"WHISTLE," "FLOWERS," "UNRELATED," "NO WHERE," "SAVIOR," and "DIRTBIKE" in
addition to "FORSAKE," "THE SUN," "FRANK," and "SPY" which we've all heard
before. I can't wait. Unfortunately, I only got to hear Dirtbike (which
is one hell of a song) so I can't be anymore specific than that.

On a personal anecdotal note, I got to talk to Mr. Linnel after the show,
and got him to autograph a poster for my friend (Crats, who you all know) who
couldn't make it to the show. He was reluctant at first, but he turns out to
be a swell guy. (Linnel, not Crats)

And, we gave Trumpet Man (Steve Bernstein) pixie stix, as a show of our
gratitude. (He supplied us with the same food of the gods at the last
Providence show) He even remembered us!

And I got to say hi to Murph. Hi Murph!

That's it. I'm still more excited than I can tell you about my encounter
with John L. Wow.

See ya later!

Have a great (insert noun here)!
Matt

And from Concord:

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 1994 14:31:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: MOOSES FOR A BETTER AMERICA <PBUT...@vaxc.stevens-tech.edu>
Subject: concord concert...
To: tm...@gnu.ai.mit.edu

the concert at the concord resort last night was great. i'd definately
rank it in the top five of the shows i've seen. linnel actually seems to be
happy about doing shows again. we have some excellent pictures of Them from
the front row. (oh, here's a little concert secret- come with a fancy camera,
and you'll get anything you want, including a front row center spot with the
security guards protecting your stuff. everyone thought i was with the band.
ha!) i also have some pretty clear audio of the show. after i get the film
developed, i'll scan them and put them at the ftp site.

-paul

a quote from the show:

"we'd like to get to all of your requests...

...but we're _too_ high. -john f.

I can't wait!

Pat

--
Willie Pat Chuss Mom and Dad don't like me, they say I'm mean
Megatest Corp. and crude. They try to make me a good little