They Might Be Breaking Tradition

myke

Dec 26, 1994, 10:46:24 PM12/26/94
_dejected look_

First Xmas since 1987 that "We Just Go Nuts At Christmastime"
wasn't played on Dial-A-Song... sigh.

--
======
forever is a long time.

SirRayford

Dec 27, 1994, 3:25:22 AM12/27/94
Yeah, I know. I was bummed when I didn't get to hear a Christmas song
on Dail-a-Song. They must be too busy touring to pay that much attention
to it.

- Sir Rayford

Jonas B. Downey

Dec 31, 1994, 12:14:46 AM12/31/94

In a previous article, ga0...@vnet.net (myke) says:

>_dejected look_
>
> First Xmas since 1987 that "We Just Go Nuts At Christmastime"
> wasn't played on Dial-A-Song... sigh.

The newsletter said that the Dial-A-Song is just a answering
machine/phone mail thing laying around in their apartment. I'm sure they
weren't home and were unable to change it. Bummer

--
------------------
Jonas Sez:

Bo Orloff

Jan 1, 1995, 2:10:01 PM1/1/95
In article <3e2pc6$s...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, jbdo...@prairienet.org (Jonas
B. Downey) wrote:

> In a previous article, ga0...@vnet.net (myke) says:
>
> >_dejected look_
> >
> > First Xmas since 1987 that "We Just Go Nuts At Christmastime"
> > wasn't played on Dial-A-Song... sigh.
>
> The newsletter said that the Dial-A-Song is just a answering
> machine/phone mail thing laying around in their apartment. I'm sure they
> weren't home and were unable to change it. Bummer

Actually, Dial-A-Song hasn't been run on a regular answering machine for
several years now. It lives on a Mac Classic with a Dove Fax+Voice modem
and the song selection is quite programmable. I'd guess that Flans just
forgot to program it to play "We Just Go Nuts..." on Christmas day.

--
Bo Orloff
(o...@dnai.com)

David Jellinek

Jan 3, 1995, 11:29:21 PM1/3/95

NO, it was not on Dial-a-Song, but it is STILL on Dial-a-Song online
(through the WWW)!
The same songs have been on there for a long time; not that I am decrying
their effort--the idea is wonderful--but there is the promise of routine
updates, and its been months.
Anybody have any info on this?

Email (preferred) or post replies.
Thanks.

Dave

m.

Jan 4, 1995, 6:03:50 PM1/4/95
David Jellinek (djel...@haverford.edu) wrote:

: The same songs have been on there for a long time; not that I am decrying

: their effort--the idea is wonderful--but there is the promise of routine
: updates, and its been months.
: Anybody have any info on this?

Mister Bo Orloff, MB behind the TMBG, was waiting for the Johns to
give him new songs, but they never did.

Hence the lack.

--
Turn and run the angel's calling You say when and I say
I'm talking Up and down from broken down buildings

Bo Orloff

Jan 9, 1995, 7:09:37 PM1/9/95
In article <3ef9gm$b...@ralph.vnet.net>, ga0...@vnet.net (m.) wrote:

> David Jellinek (djel...@haverford.edu) wrote:
>
> : The same songs have been on there for a long time; not that I am decrying
> : their effort--the idea is wonderful--but there is the promise of routine
> : updates, and its been months.
> : Anybody have any info on this?
>
> Mister Bo Orloff, MB behind the TMBG, was waiting for the Johns to
> give him new songs, but they never did.
>
> Hence the lack.

Flansburgh called this afternoon and has renewed his promise to send me
new tunes for Dial-A-Song Online. In the mean time I've added a live
version of "Ana Ng" (from the "TMBG Live in NYC 10/14/94" promo cd) to the
site (which, for those who haven't been paying attention, can be found at
the URL:

http://www.dnai.com/~obo/tmbg/

--
Bo Orloff