TMBG's first demo?

Stompboxx

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
Ok, I'm still stumped. On Dial a Song, John has many times introduced "Now
That I Have Everything" as the first song off their very first demo.... so
is there a copy of this demo anywhere? Was it sent ot record companies,
radio stations, anyone? I ask mainly because I love that song... and I
fear I may never find a recording of any kind of it (short of the DAS
version taped over the phone)... MYke, if you're reading... do yo uknow if
anyone on the face of the earth (sans possibly the 2 Johns) has a copy of
this tape? Or was it part of the stuff Flans lost when his appartment was
looted, hence never heard by anyone?

Curious, as ever,
Phil
look, no older joke :)

myke

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
Stompboxx (stom...@aol.com) wrote:

: Ok, I'm still stumped. On Dial a Song, John has many times introduced "Now

: That I Have Everything" as the first song off their very first demo.... so
: is there a copy of this demo anywhere?

: anyone on the face of the earth (sans possibly the 2 Johns) has a copy of

: this tape? Or was it part of the stuff Flans lost when his appartment was
: looted, hence never heard by anyone?

I know of people who have it, but they are clinging to it for
dear life. Out of respect, I have chosen not to bother them
for demos every day of the year because I don't like people to
feel like they're being used. Flansburgh didn't lose any demos,
to my knowledge, when his apartment got looted. The demo,
incidentally, was given to clubs so that the Johns could get
shows. Maybe if you gave Hilly Kristal over at CBGB $1,000,000
he might still have it somewhere, but that old ratty dog of his
probably ate it and then died. I don't think calling up old clubs
would get you anywhere, either, because that was over ten years
ago. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but...

--
----- Visit These Fine Webstations -----
MYKE INFOWEB... http://execpc.com/~jerk/