Sample 'snitching' and the debate over ethics- article

Jason Gross

Jun 2, 2021, 10:57:19 PM6/2/21
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0621.html>, you'll find (among other things):

SAMPLE SNITCHING- a musical/legal investigation by J. Vognsen
"I think there is not only one, but really two basic issues to consider with regard to the public discussion of sample sources. One deals with artistic matters, the other with legal matters, i.e. "snitching." The first I think is potentially profound but in some ways more easily navigated. The second tends to the more banal, but is in practical terms more difficult to handle. I'll try to cover them both."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason