SUGAR IS SWEETER IS A RIP OFF OF THE PROD.

SonicHole

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
singin' and it's different lyrics
BeeVee

The Bitch Chris Lawrence HATES!!

Peter

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

but wait , hmmm , i think i will use my poor knowledge to make rash
judgements , how come the prodigy had to give a writing credit to the art
of noise for firestarter : they sampled them so much , Think samples are a
part of music , i don't think bolland even sampled the beat , cry if you
want. and surely kris needs should be annoyed as the vocal line is similar
to one of his songs (called sugar daddy) so take it easy , and try to
understand , shit i try to understand stupid people everyday.
peter

Alex Cavaye

Apr 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/2/97

In article <19970401044...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

soni...@aol.com (SonicHole) wrote:
>Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
>hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
>beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
>singin' and it's different lyrics

Don't be so pathetic. I have no idea how people can even think it's a
ripoff, it's so obviously different.

Okay, they're both slowish breakbeat tracks. They've both got a kinda
darkish atmosphere, but that's about the end of it. Poison's bass is
more distorted then Sugar is Sweeter's, and it's a different bass anyway.
The bassLINE is different. The drums are different. (Yes, LISTEN, they
ARE different)....

Saying that those two tracks are the same is like saying "Rez" and "Cowgirl"
are the same. They're not.

bye

/\
Sturm \ explizit tracker - from acid to metal
Line In \ atmospheric techno composer
Alex Cavaye \ the man behind the sturmy mask :)
\/
st...@dds.nl http://huizen.dds.nl/~sturm

Michael Sims

Apr 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/2/97

On 1 Apr 1997 04:46:27 GMT, soni...@aol.com (SonicHole) wrote:

>Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
>hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
>beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
>singin' and it's different lyrics

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that! :)

Michael Sims
...remove NOSPAM. from my address to reply...
"This has purple in it. Purple is a fruit." - Homer J. Simpson

Mark Heath

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

SonicHole (soni...@aol.com) wrote:
: Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
: hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
: beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
: singin' and it's different lyrics

Sugar is sweeter is CONSIDERABLY different from all the other tracks on
The Analog Theatre. In fact I was quite shocked to hear it on the album,
since i wouldn't even consider it to be techno.

So dont let this post sway your judgment of The Analog Theatre which
apart from this one track is a Really good Album.

(if you can tell I absolutely hate sugar is sweeter)

--
-- mark heath | Netspace Online Systems http://www.netspace.net.au/
ma...@crafti.com.au |

Lord of deXness

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

In article <5htmad$drn$2...@news.tudelft.nl>, Alex Cavaye <st...@dds.nl> wrote:
>In article <19970401044...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
> soni...@aol.com (SonicHole) wrote:
>>Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
>>hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
>>beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
>>singin' and it's different lyrics
>
>Don't be so pathetic. I have no idea how people can even think it's a
>ripoff, it's so obviously different.
>
>Okay, they're both slowish breakbeat tracks. They've both got a kinda
>darkish atmosphere, but that's about the end of it. Poison's bass is
>more distorted then Sugar is Sweeter's, and it's a different bass anyway.
>The bassLINE is different. The drums are different. (Yes, LISTEN, they
>ARE different)....

I agree that there are a lot of differences between the two tracks, but
there are enough similarities that I feel that "Sugar is Sweeter" was at
the very least inspired by "Poison." I mean, the rythmic candences of the
spoken parts are almost exactly alike.

deX!

Nikola Stojkovic

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

You should get "HOOKED ON PHONICS". I think that you have a serious
problem expressing yourself. BTW, try to use comma (,) once in a while...

Regards,

Nikola :-)

In article <19970401044...@ladder01.news.aol.com> you wrote:
: Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
: hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
: beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
: singin' and it's different lyrics

: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

atin

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97

In article <5i0qna$o8m$1...@news.fas.harvard.edu>, djp...@login4.fas.harvard.edu
says...

>In article <5htmad$drn$2...@news.tudelft.nl>, Alex Cavaye <st...@dds.nl> wrote:
>>In article <19970401044...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
>> soni...@aol.com (SonicHole) wrote:
>>>Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
>>>hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
>>>beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
>>>singin' and it's different lyrics

Don Muerto

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97

Greta Baxstrom wrote:
> who the hell cares anyway? as if 90% or so of techno doesn't use
> samples! don't get all bent out of shape!

I have a feeling Prodigy's Poison isn't original either. But, I'll never
buy CJ Bolland anyways, cause I've heard it at clubs and it is the
happiest house shit you'll ever hear.
--
Live long and prosper,
- 'Coffee'

Greta Baxstrom

Apr 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/4/97

: >Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just

: >hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
: >beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
: >singin' and it's different lyrics

who the hell cares anyway? as if 90% or so of techno doesn't use

samples! don't get all bent out of shape!

--
_ _
___ | ||_| ___ ___
| . || | _ [__ || __] 0 0
| __|| || || . ||__ | \_/
|___]|_||_||___|[___| rave on!
_ _
|_|gbax...@phoenix.kent.edu|_|

Richie Brown

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97
to atin

Its not exactly the same. Poison is better. Anyway, CJ Bolland
admitted that the single was heavily influenced by Poison.
Richie Brown
rbr...@cs.strath.ac.uk
http://www.strath.ac.uk/~aeu95115/index.html
"Its not the size that matters but what you do with it that counts."

//ightfly

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

djp...@login4.fas.harvard.edu (Lord of deXness) wrote:

>I agree that there are a lot of differences between the two tracks, but
>there are enough similarities that I feel that "Sugar is Sweeter" was at
>the very least inspired by "Poison." I mean, the rythmic candences of the
>spoken parts are almost exactly alike.

So what? This comes down to 2 things,

a: Which artist you prefer
b: Which song you prefer

As it happens they sound pretty different to me, must be
superior hearing I guess ;)

/\/ightfly - Tongue & Groove - 44(0)976 973302
Explore the darkside - www.c8.com/triology
http://www.almac.co.uk/personal/ngilling
___/\ ____________________________________
\/

Mark Heath

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

: djp...@login4.fas.harvard.edu (Lord of deXness) wrote:
:
:
: >I agree that there are a lot of differences between the two tracks, but
: >there are enough similarities that I feel that "Sugar is Sweeter" was at
: >the very least inspired by "Poison." I mean, the rythmic candences of the
: >spoken parts are almost exactly alike.

I think that the 4th Track of Motions Beyond by Force Mass Motion (cant
remember the name) Sounds more like Poison than Sugar is sweeter off
Analogue theatre.

Oliver Heun

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

> : >I agree that there are a lot of differences between the two tracks, but
> : >there are enough similarities that I feel that "Sugar is Sweeter" was at
> : >the very least inspired by "Poison." I mean, the rythmic candences of the
> : >spoken parts are almost exactly alike.
>
> I think that the 4th Track of Motions Beyond by Force Mass Motion (cant
> remember the name) Sounds more like Poison than Sugar is sweeter off
> Analogue theatre.

I wonder that you argued about this point a little.
It is a long-known fact that the best tracks of The prodigy are
Ripp-offs. I mean, look at the biggest hit they ever had : No good
(Start the dance).
Its original name was "Must meet nobody" and it was made by Search &
Destroy from Shockwave-records. Much more original, much more
innovative, but a little slower and mixed together with some other
themes .

Oliver Heun
Solution Software Graphician, Coder
www.uni-mainz.de/~heuno000 Atari ST, STE & Falcon030

Get into the opposition : www.uni-mainz.de/~heuno000/opposit.htm

klar...@gmail.com

May 31, 2020, 3:49:45 PM5/31/20
On Tuesday, April 1, 1997 at 10:00:00 AM UTC+2, SonicHole wrote:
> Just so everyone knows don't buy the cj bolland cd i don't own it but just
> hearing sugar is sweeter makes me want to kill the fuck. Tat is the exact
> beat as Poison by the prodigy and it's so obvous. It's jsut a bitch
> singin' and it's different lyrics
> BeeVee
>
> The Bitch Chris Lawrence HATES!!

OMG is this thread really from '97??? I just heard this shit of a song and had the exact same thought as you. And I found this 23-year-old thread. My thoughts meet yours back in time.... can we consider this time travel? :D

Anyway, I am not sure whether to be glad or sad that I heard this Sugar song for the first time in 2020. Glad it wasn't ever famous, but not so happy that it survived and made it to NME radio... :))))