NEED HELP ON ROLAND XP-80 FLOPPY DRIVE PROBLEM.

Tirsheed

Sep 6, 2011, 5:39:48 PM9/6/11
Hi everyone

I have a problem with my Roland XP-80 Floppy drive.

When I insert a disk and try to load something, the keyboard
continuously tries to load the file data but it fails; and in result I
can't see the files list. Looks like that the floppy drive connects
and disconnects continuously. (During this, if I keep pressing the
"Execute", keyboard randomly loads a file !!! )

Other Functions don't work properly either. For example in the middle
of format or backup process shows "Disk not ready
Floppy drive's LED also keeps blinking all the time.
I tried to upgrade its flash rom from ver 1.10 to 1.11 but the
keyboard does not recognizes the OS floppy disk and starts normally
without loading the new upgrade !!

I also refreshed the pin solders of FDC chip but nothing changed.
Either tried another floppy drive (MP-F17W-1 SONY). But it worked even
worse
Is anybody out there who can help me with this? Do I need a specific
type of floppy drive?

I can provide you with much information on Roland D50, Korg Pa80 and
Pa1x in return.

Best regards
Ciro