Best/ Worst song

Markus Larsson

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

Best song "Elephant stone" Worst song "Straight to the man"

please post your comments.

Charlatan

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

Markus Larsson wrote:

> Best song "Elephant stone" Worst song "Straight to the man"

I'd have to say best song: "I am The Resurrection" or perhaps
"Something's Burning" But, I agree with you on "Straight to the Man",
it's pretty bad except for the part where Ian's goin dooodooodooo...

-Charlatan-

Pontus Armini

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

I can't imagine why you don't like "straight to the man". I think "Begging
You" is much worse. The best song is impossible to say. I love them all too
much.

Down with the Badmen.

Charlatan <squ...@nospam.com> skrev i inlägg
<3538FD3B...@nospam.com>...

Message has been deleted

J Ginzo

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

I can't pick just one, on either side of the coin:

Best Song(s): Every song written before the end of 1990, with the
exception of some of the dodgier moments on First Coming/Garage Flowers.

Worst Song(s): Driving South, Breaking into Heaven, Good Times, Ten
Storey Love Song, Freebird, Karma Chameleon, Jessie's Girl, and 99 Luft
BalloOns.

JD

tommo

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Markus Larsson wrote:

> Best song "Elephant stone" Worst song "Straight to the man"
>

> please post your comments.

Can't agree with you on either counts. Elephant Stone is class...but
not the best!

Straight To The Man is just too funky to be dissed. I love it! If you're
looking for a worse song...try Daybreak, which is OK, but still the
worst song The Roses put out post-1988. or maybe Good Times!

tommo

Barry Topping

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Markus Larsson <markus....@mailcity.com> wrote in article
<01bd6adb$caa5fda0$4d6b...@win95.swipnet.se>...

> Best song "Elephant stone" Worst song "Straight to the man"
>
> please post your comments.

Best: Breaking Into Heaven Worst: Straight To the man

Lindsey

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

J Ginzo wrote:
Freebird, Karma Chameleon, Jessie's Girl, and 99 Luft
> BalloOns.
>
> JD

never heard of thoes songs. what are they off of? I know some songs
have more then one name, are these some of them?

Lindsey

Jeff

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Barry Topping wrote:

Nahh man, ur all wrong,

Best: She bangs the drums or Fools Gold
Worst: none such butt....... So Young/Driving South - too much led zep
init man :( u know if u wanna listen to led zep just listen to led zep
II !!!!!!

Jeff

GPMartin

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Best: She Bangs The Drums; also the best pop song by any band ever
Worst: any of the reverse ones (Don't Stop etc.)

Malcolm Purvis

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Markus Larsson wrote in message

<01bd6adb$caa5fda0$4d6b...@win95.swipnet.se>...
>Best song "Elephant stone" Worst song "Straight to the man"
>
>please post your comments.

Best song "Elephant Stone" or "Made of Stone" Worst song ........er almost
anything from Second Coming, except "Ten Storey" or "Love Spreads"

Spudgun

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In article <01bd6c72$ab1084e0$282d63c3@default>, Barry Topping
<B.To...@btinternet.com> writes

>Best: Breaking Into Heaven Worst: Straight To the man

Best: Where Angels Play Worst: How Do You Sleep ZZZZ
--
Spudgun

Eric

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

best: where angels play, waterfall, she bangs the drums, elephant stone,
too many to mention

worst: that dodgy extra track 90 on second coming...utter shite
--
-= http://www.pitt.edu/~edbst4 =-

Seems like there's a hole
In my dreams
Or so it seems
Yet nothing means anything...Anymore

(Squire/Brown)

Robert Burns

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

best song: Sally Cinamon Worst Song: Guernica

Jase

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

I have to agree with spudgun. Where angels play is absolute magic.

Jase

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

Eric

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

where angels play is brilliant for sure, my fav part is the end when it
fades out so wonderfully with renis drums, then John kicks in with that
riff. magic, like ya said.
cheers,

Eric

Spudgun

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

In article <35609611...@pitt.edu>, Eric <edb...@pitt.edu> writes

>where angels play is brilliant for sure, my fav part is the end when it
>fades out so wonderfully with renis drums, then John kicks in with that
>riff. magic, like ya said.

The ending is really good on the Blackpool live version; everything
drops out and Reni carries the drums on right into Shoot You Down. It's
mint.

--
Spudgun

Craig

May 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/23/98

Best songs: Dont Stop, Standing Here, The Hardest Thing in The World

Worst Song: Straight To The Man

Craig

dolemite

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

In article <356660DA...@alphalink.com.au>, Craig
<cra...@alphalink.com.au> writes

>Best songs: Dont Stop, Standing Here, The Hardest Thing in The World
>
>Worst Song: Straight To The Man
>
>Craig
best sally cinomon
worst simone
--
dolemite

tommo

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

> Best songs: Dont Stop, Standing Here, The Hardest Thing in The World
>
> Worst Song: Straight To The Man

No way. Straight To The Man is quality. More funk...I love it!

> Craig

cheers
tommo

Kevin Stott

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

There is no doubt whatsoever that 'I am the resurrection' is the greatest
stone roses song out of the lot. Made of Stone isn't bad either.

Nothing on the Second Coming is in the same league as their older stuff. But
still second coming is class.

hannah...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2015, 9:42:38 AM2/14/15
Best,standing here,worst guirnica