Chick, Donald, Walter & Woodrow?

David de Graaf

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99

Does anyone know where I can purchase this album? It is a Woody Herman
tribute album to Chick Corea and the boys. Thomas Broberg mentions it
on his webpage.

http://www.broberg.pp.se/woody.htm

BBC Enterprises Ltd. CJCD 830 (1991) cd

I have tried the usual suspects, from CDNow ot acses.com as a meta
search engine.

David

Mark Howell

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99

AFAIK it's a vinyl album long out of print, never issued on CD. You
might check some of the web sites that deal in used records, or shops
in your area that sell used records.
Mark Howell
to reply replace "nospamevertome" with "topnews"

Dr. Love Diamond

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99

I've got the record. It's well worth hunting down.
Even just for the liner notes about Dick LaPalm playing God with a
Mexican.

Like a cat, I'm aloof.
Doc

AudioXanax

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
> never issued on CD

Actually, this was issued on CD in Europe with an extra track (Deacon Blues if
I remember correctly). I have both the vinyl and the CD. I'll post the info
on here soon.

Ax

Jackofdays

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
dr. love wrote:

>Like a cat, I'm aloof.

Like a bat, I'm a'roof.

diane

There's your karma, ripe as peaches.
DESOLATION ANGELS
---Jack Kerouac
http://legal.web.aol.com

Go to the Online Defamation section in the Decisions & Litigation area to learn
more about two new defamation cases.

sofa

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
In article <386c198d....@news.clipper.net>, Dr...@my.desktop
says...

> On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:10:11 GMT, nospame...@mindspring.com (Mark
> Howell) wrote:
>

> >>Does anyone know where I can purchase this album? It is a Woody Herman
> >>tribute album to Chick Corea and the boys. Thomas Broberg mentions it
> >>on his webpage.
> >>
> >to reply replace "nospamevertome" with "topnews"
>

> I've got the record. It's well worth hunting down.

I had the record years ago but sold all my records -inlcuding this one
:( - when I the first Phillips cd player. Could you give some info about
the record: label, number etc? Thanks.
--
____________

WilleM

www.sofa.demon.nl

David de Graaf

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
In article <MPG.12dacb7e1...@news.demon.nl>, sofa
<w...@sofa.demon.nl> wrote:

I venture to guess we could have this discussion in my momaloshen
Dutch, but here it goes for the benefit of English speakers:

Century 2000 Records (1978) vinyl

BBC Enterprises Ltd. CJCD 830 (1991) cd

The Woody Herman Band
Plays The Music Of
Chick Corea, Donald Fagen and Walter Becker.

Any and all help to purchase the BBC Enterprises CD reissue wil lbe
highly appreciated.

David

Jp...@prodigy.net

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00

David:

I have the album on vinyl and it's a classic. It was published in 1978
by Century Records 6550 Sunset Blvd Hollywood, CA 90028

Side 1 is all Chick. Side 2 has arrangements of Green Earrings, Kid
Charlemagne, I've Got The News, Aja and FM. Great stuff if you like
the big band sound. Players include the likes of Victor Feldman, Tom
Scott, Larry Farrell.

I've yet to see it on CD, though. My guess is your best bet is to
contact Century Records.

Good luck.

Joe

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:39:47 -0500, David de Graaf
<degraafS...@SPAMMENOTiname.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>Does anyone know where I can purchase this album? It is a Woody Herman
>tribute album to Chick Corea and the boys. Thomas Broberg mentions it
>on his webpage.
>

>http://www.broberg.pp.se/woody.htm

>BBC Enterprises Ltd. CJCD 830 (1991) cd
>

>I have tried the usual suspects, from CDNow ot acses.com as a meta
>search engine.
>

>David

David de Graaf

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
In article <B49708F29...@p021.vmw.wanadoo.nl>, Chris Smalt
<sm...@nedernet.nl> wrote:

> David wrote:
>
> >I venture to guess we could have this discussion in my momaloshen
> >Dutch, but here it goes for the benefit of English speakers:
> >
> >Century 2000 Records (1978) vinyl

> >BBC Enterprises Ltd. CJCD 830 (1991) cd
> >

> >The Woody Herman Band
> >Plays The Music Of
> >Chick Corea, Donald Fagen and Walter Becker.
>

> Heehee, this is funny. Which part of the above did you consider writing in
> Dutch? :)
>

> Chris

I guess the introductory sentence... English speakers *might* have
still figured it out from the rest.

David

Somene who speaks three languages is trilingual, someone who speaks two
is bilingual, so what is the term for someone who speaks one language?

American.

John Bird

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00

David de Graaf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can purchase this album? It is a Woody Herman
> tribute album to Chick Corea and the boys. Thomas Broberg mentions it
> on his webpage.
>
> http://www.broberg.pp.se/woody.htm
>

> BBC Enterprises Ltd. CJCD 830 (1991) cd
>

> I have tried the usual suspects, from CDNow ot acses.com as a meta
> search engine.
>
> David
>
> --

I have it on CD (found in a discount CD shop)
It's from BBC Enterprises 1991
CJCD 830
Interestingly enough Tom Scott and Victor Feldman play on the SD tracks.
The arrangements are very slick.
Songs include:
Deacon Blues, Green Earrings, Kid Charlemagne, I Got the News, AJA, FM.

PEMolloy

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
It (or should I say, MOST of it) IS available on CD in the US! It might have
just been released, as it has a 1999 copyright date. I, too, have been looking
around forever for it.

It's on an album called "Big Band Jazz", On the Hindsight label (HCD-273).
There are four songs from the original Century Records LP on this disc, namely
"Green Earrings", "I've Got The News", "Aja", and "Suite For a Hot Band". Alas,
"Kid Charlemagne" and "FM" are missing.

Also on this same disc is a Buddy Rich recording, originally titled "The Best
Band I Ever Had". Those tunes make up for the omission, since the Rich set
includes "Birdland" and "Bouncin' With Bud".

Enjoy!

davi...@gmail.com

May 6, 2020, 3:53:45 PM5/6/20
I have it if you’d like to buy it.

wbl...@ps8brooklyn.org

May 6, 2020, 11:01:10 PM5/6/20
If you can make a sale based on a post that’s twenty years and four months old, that would have to be some sort of obscure world record.

— wb