I.G.Y. cover

S Edens

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
Anyone else out there ever heard the cover that Howard Jones did of
I.G.Y.? The first and only time I ever heard it was about eight years
ago on a San Diego radio station.

Melinda

"...I'm forgetting to remember to forget; all the memories locked in my
head..."
Jools Holland
(Squeeze)

STRIBS

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98

S Edens wrote in message
<29709-35...@newsd-131.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

Anyone else out there ever heard the cover that Howard Jones did of
I.G.Y.?

Yes, I believe it's on Jones' latest album, a live album. The insert says
somethng about Jones' performing it so well he makes it his own. I like
Jones, but I beg to differ.

Cheers!

Stribs

R Neutelings

Sep 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/1/98
I.G.Y is on 'The Best of Howard Jones' which is still available.

MARKÖR I ÖREBRO AB

Sep 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/2/98
Sure, it was kind of hit record in Sweden in the mid-80s. Not very good.
But hey it was probably the only time the national radio played a Fagan
song on the charts. In those days the music played was Tarzan Boy
(forgotten the name), Heaven (Bryan Adams, etc. A couple of my friends only
recognize Jones愀 version of the song.

Mats

S Edens

Sep 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/2/98
Really. You believe that was the only time a Fagen song received
airplay? I can recall it being played enormously in the states when it
was first released. As a matter of fact, I still hear it from time to
time today on a number of different local stations. Not to mention all
the airplay the "New Frontier" got on Mtv back then!

john j. humphreys

Sep 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/2/98
I think he's talking about Sweden, man...

J. Humphreys

Christopher T. French

Sep 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/2/98

S Edens wrote in message
<29709-35...@newsd-131.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...
Anyone else out there ever heard the cover that Howard Jones did of
I.G.Y.? The first and only time I ever heard it was about eight years
ago on a San Diego radio station.

Melinda

I heard it, and I thought it was really strong. Good horn section, and it's
a little more upbeat than Fagen's version. I still like Fagen's better,
though. Hard to improve upon perfection.

TF

S Edens

Sep 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/2/98
Yes, I think he is talking about Sweden too, "man"....and by the way,
I'm not a man. I was simply pointing out the fact that the song got
alot of airplay in the states. Did I not say that, man???

Staffan Carlberg

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
john j. humphreys wrote:

> I think he's talking about Sweden, man...
>
> J. Humphreys
yeah, that´s for sure. we are flooded by european top20 24-7. we have a
hard time up here...

/SC

S Edens

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
don't be a jerk John, no need for that.

john j. humphreys

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98

Lay off the steroids Melinda, they're making you a bit testy

John
Humphreys

john j. humphreys

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
Now Melinda, I am just playing,....my apologies,

John H.

S Edens

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
That's cool then, friends?? :-)~

Mel
(not to be confused with the masculine Mel)

john j. humphreys

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98
Absolutely Mel

J H.

MARKÖR I ÖREBRO AB

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98

Sure. But I must confess that I´m not used to these newsgroups so please
forgive my sloppy writing and slow answers. Perhaps you you can fill me in
on any information concerning the group "Hoops McCann"?

Mats

The old geezer

Jan 11, 2020, 4:24:18 PM1/11/20
Hey, Markor, did anyone ever “fill you in”???