Lyrics to "Hand of Glory"???

Pete3

Dec 28, 2005, 7:22:30 PM12/28/05
Exhaustive internet searches come up with nothing. It's killing
me. Anyone?

Gerard Lanois

Dec 29, 2005, 12:37:34 AM12/29/05
Pete3 <cw...@cware.net> writes:

> Exhaustive internet searches come up with nothing. It's killing
> me. Anyone?

http://www.bookfinder4u.com/IsbnSearch.aspx?isbn=0895245698&mode=direct

Enjoy,

-Gerard

Pete3

Dec 30, 2005, 2:07:23 AM12/30/05
Gerard Lanois <gerard...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> Exhaustive internet searches come up with nothing. It's killing
>> me. Anyone?

> http://www.bookfinder4u.com/IsbnSearch.aspx?isbn=0895245698&mode=direct

> Enjoy,
> -Gerard

That's funny, the book costing more than the album. Seriously, I've
looked for alot of lyrics in my friggin' day, and I've never had
a problem until now. I sure ain't paying 20 bucks to decipher what
DiNizio should have been enunciated better to begin with. I bought
the fucking tape in '87 and the CD in '05, so eff Cherry Lane Music.
In searching though, I did learn the whole fascinating "Hand of Glory"
lore.

The following is what I hear, anyone please feel free to fill in
the fuckups!

"Don't understand
towel drips upon a hand
The hidden power of an abarn arm
the broken branch of the tree
A finger dance in the switching yard
Hand of Glory

Don't understand
I've gotta free an out of hand
The hidden power of ???
The broken branch of the tree
One eye sent it to a distant star
(or 'worn out signal to a distant star')
Hand of Glory

Beneath the shadow of ???
I took the branch of the tree
Let it lie in a picklin' jar
Hand of Glory"

rew...@juno.com

Jul 9, 2012, 2:25:11 PM7/9/12
On Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:22:30 PM UTC-7, Pete3 wrote:
> Exhaustive internet searches come up with nothing. It's killing
> me. Anyone?

"Don't understand
tallow drips upon a withered hand
The hidden power of an unborn arm