Smashing Pumpkins --- Bad!!!

Uncle Meat

Nov 17, 1994, 8:22:11 PM11/17/94
Ugh. My roommate bought a video of Smashing Pumpkins last night. Do these
people have any originality at all? At one point at the end, one of the
members started smashing his guitar all over the stage.

He looked like such a buffoon. Does he thinking he is being cool or rebelling
or something? Doesn't he realize that people were smashing their guitars back
in the 60's and that he is not original at all?

Plus the singer has a really annoying voice. He has a very hard time singing
on key.

Yeah, I guess they sound like other bands that are good, but can you really
respect a band that so blatantly copies the work of others? There is one song
on 'Pisces' that sounds *exactly* like Hendrix.

They are just trying to capitalize on the innovations and ingenuity of others.

"There is no Hell... There is only France" --- Frank Zappa

Tazewell "Uncle Meat" Hines thi...@vt.edu

I'm not wearing any pants. AND I vote.

Rudy A Boehmer

Nov 20, 1994, 4:35:12 PM11/20/94

: Yeah, I guess they sound like other bands that are good, but can you really
: respect a band that so blatantly copies the work of others? There is one song
: on 'Pisces' that sounds *exactly* like Hendrix.

I am pretty sure that you are talking about "Girl Named Sandoz" but the song
wasn't even written by the Pumpkins! It is a cover!
Besides, I think the 60's-like sound to it goes well with what the song is
about in the first place, something Billy probably took in mind.

-Rudy Boehmer
-rboe...@gas.uug.arizona.edu

Andy Chang

Nov 20, 1994, 11:36:30 PM11/20/94
In article <thines.3...@vt.edu> thi...@vt.edu (Uncle Meat) writes:
>From: thi...@vt.edu (Uncle Meat)
>Subject: Smashing Pumpkins --- Bad!!!
>Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 01:22:11

>Ugh. My roommate bought a video of Smashing Pumpkins last night. Do these
>people have any originality at all? At one point at the end, one of the
>members started smashing his guitar all over the stage.

>He looked like such a buffoon. Does he thinking he is being cool or rebelling
>or something? Doesn't he realize that people were smashing their guitars back
>in the 60's and that he is not original at all?

>Plus the singer has a really annoying voice. He has a very hard time singing
>on key.

>Yeah, I guess they sound like other bands that are good, but can you really
>respect a band that so blatantly copies the work of others? There is one song
>on 'Pisces' that sounds *exactly* like Hendrix.

>They are just trying to capitalize on the innovations and ingenuity of others.

you know what? im not going to flame you like others here obviously
would have by now.

instead, im going to say this to you:

you have no fuckin' innovations yourself. next time you want to shit a
newsgroup at least come up with things people havent said before so you can
REALLY piss people off. but you need to buy a sense of humour as well.
i have one for you right here, use it up your ass cos it'll feel good:

FUCK YOU

->"There is no Hell... There is only France" --- Frank Zappa

lern...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Nov 21, 1994, 1:28:50 AM11/21/94
it's a good thing you didn't flame him. if you didn't want to flame him
you should have mentioned that you didn't care what he thought. i on
the othrhand have no aversion to flaming him, and would like to say that
his psuedo-teen angst havin' ass needs to get off of our newsgroup before
we bombard his mailbox with the hate mail that any shithead of his caliber
is all too deserving of.
eL

ApathyC

Nov 22, 1994, 6:05:14 PM11/22/94

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

if you do not enjoy the musical talents of the smashing pumpkins then
DON"T FUCKING LISTEN TO THEM ANYMORE

cmon- like we give a shit what you all think?

the more asssholes hate them kinda makes me happy that i like them.

O n i C a

ramd...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2016, 12:29:10 AM4/13/16
Eh, I think they're okay