Pisces Iscariot meaning?

Matt Fabish

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
Iscariot in the dictionary.

Thanks,
MFabish

Sam Chatman

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96
to Matt Fabish

Ever hear of Judas Iscariot? That would be my guess

Sam
--
And when you loose control,
you'll reap the harvest you have sown.

Pink Floyd, 1977

Jeremy Hammel

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96
to Matt Fabish

Matt Fabish wrote:

> What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
> Iscariot in the dictionary.
>
> Thanks,
> MFabish

Though I do not understand the meaning behind the name
"Pisces Iscariot", I DO know that "Iscariot" was Judas
(from the Bible)'s last name. He's the guy that betrayed
Jesus then hung himself. I don't know if that helped, but...

j.h.

Matthew Baer Cummins

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

Billy Corgan is a pisces.........

Judas Iscariot betryed Christ..............

Pisces Iscariot.
matt

tch...@injersey.com

Oct 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/20/96

Matt Fabish wrote:

> What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
> Iscariot in the dictionary.
>
> Thanks,
> MFabish

Billy was a Pisces. Y'now like Aquarius, Cancer, Scorpio.

Bryan David Scott

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

In article <3269E2...@injersey.com>, <tch...@injersey.com> wrote:
>Matt Fabish wrote:
>>
>> What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
>> Iscariot in the dictionary.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> MFabish

Pisces ---> As opposed to Libra or Cancer. Billy is a Pisces.

Iscariot ---> Judas Iscariot.

Pisces Iscariot ---> Beats me.

Bry

JamesHannan

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

tch...@injersey.com wrote:

> Matt Fabish wrote:
> >
> > What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
> > Iscariot in the dictionary.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > MFabish
>
> Billy was a Pisces. Y'now like Aquarius, Cancer, Scorpio.

I think Iscariot is a blended word ( I just did a unit on this in
English class) "I Scar Riot". I know this may seem wierd but if you
blend them together you get Iscariot. The definition also makes sense
because all thru Billy's lyrics it explains how he had a very scared
life, and "riot" can also mean "alot". Just something to think about...

disLeXiC<jhan...@ally.ios.com>

****************************
* "God knows I'm helpless" *
* --BC *
****************************

CHEEZIT

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

>ÿ@FROM :mbcu...@unity.ncsu.edu N
>ÿ@SUBJECT:Re: Pisces Iscariot meaning? N
>ÿ@UMSGID :<326822...@unity.ncsu.edu> N
>ÿ@UNEWSGR:01alt.music.smash-pumpkins N

>Billy Corgan is a pisces.........

you got that part right, but...

>Judas Iscariot betryed Christ..............

from what i've interpreted, Judas Sold out....billy saying he was
selling out by releasing those b-sides

anyone else?

l8r,
cheezit
before you slip into unconsciousness, i'd like to have another kiss

10/21/968:47PM
---
þ CMPQwk #1.42-R2þ UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

Neil Brownlee

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

In article <54gtcb$m...@News.IDT.NET>, JamesHannan <"jhanna29@jhanna29"@a
lly.ios.com> writes

Iscariot is obviously in reference to Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus
at his death. The "Pisces" is one of two things; latin plural for fish,
or the corresponding name for the star sign. It is often quoted that
Kurt Cobain blamed his star signs for his misfortune (he was also a
Pisces; i think) and this sense "Pisces Iscariot" refers to being
misguided and/or betrayed by one's astrinomical starsign.

However, this is pure speculation and my guess is that it is purely
chosen for its aesthetic and auricular qualitys,

laters,
--
andy

Afer Ventus

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

> tch...@injersey.com wrote:
> >
> > Matt Fabish wrote:
> > >
> > > What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
> > > Iscariot in the dictionary.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > MFabish
> >
> > Billy was a Pisces. Y'now like Aquarius, Cancer, Scorpio.
>
> I think Iscariot is a blended word ( I just did a unit on this in
> English class) "I Scar Riot". I know this may seem wierd but if you
> blend them together you get Iscariot. The definition also makes sense
> because all thru Billy's lyrics it explains how he had a very scared
> life, and "riot" can also mean "alot". Just something to think about...
>
> disLeXiC<jhan...@ally.ios.com>
>
> ****************************
> * "God knows I'm helpless" *
> * --BC *
> ****************************

isn't Iscariot as in Judas Iscariot, as in the one who betrayed Jesus?

-Afer Ventus
Jenna

BillyCorgan'sWannaBeDreamGoddess

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

>Iscariot is obviously in reference to Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus
>at his death. The "Pisces" is one of two things; latin plural for fish,
>or the corresponding name for the star sign. It is often quoted that
>Kurt Cobain blamed his star signs for his misfortune (he was also a
>Pisces; i think) and this sense "Pisces Iscariot" refers to being
>misguided and/or betrayed by one's astrinomical starsign.
>
>However, this is pure speculation and my guess is that it is purely
>chosen for its aesthetic and auricular qualitys,

I remember reading is RS after PI came out that the title was an "oblique
reference to Kurt Cobain". I am not sure, either, if Kurt was a Pisces, but
there is that line in Heart Shaped Box: "She eyes me like a Pisces...", which
could be taken to mean "She eyes me like I am a Pisces".

Jeff

atp...@vaxe.isc.rit.edu

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Andy writes in and sez...

>Iscariot is obviously in reference to Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus
>at his death. The "Pisces" is one of two things; latin plural for fish,
>or the corresponding name for the star sign. It is often quoted that
>Kurt Cobain blamed his star signs for his misfortune (he was also a
>Pisces; i think) and this sense "Pisces Iscariot" refers to being
>misguided and/or betrayed by one's astrinomical starsign.
>
>However, this is pure speculation and my guess is that it is purely
>chosen for its aesthetic and auricular qualitys,

I have a theory that could suppliment this one.

When Cobain died, Courtney Love had a candlelight vigil at which a tape was
played to the crowd of her sort-of "eulogy" to Kurt. At one point, she called
him her (this is a direct quote) "...sad little Pisces Jesus man..."

So if Kurt was Pisces Jesus, Billy is calling himself Pisces Iscariot.

There's been much speculation about the various connection(s) between Billy and
Courtney -AND- Billy and Kurt...perhaps the title "Pisces Iscariot" is Billy's
way of commenting on the comparison between himself and Kurt Cobain.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I'd appreciate any comments on this idea.

Tony

The Infamous Mr Blue

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

>So if Kurt was Pisces Jesus, Billy is calling himself Pisces Iscariot.
>
>There's been much speculation about the various connection(s) between
>Billy and
>Courtney -AND- Billy and Kurt...perhaps the title "Pisces Iscariot" is
>Billy's
>way of commenting on the comparison between himself and Kurt Cobain.

Makes more senes than any other explination I've heard.

sLuNk

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Matthew Baer Cummins wrote:

> Billy Corgan is a pisces.........
>
> Judas Iscariot betryed Christ..............
>
> Pisces Iscariot.
> matt
So Pisces Iscariot = Fish Betrayer?
pisces=?greek? for "fish"

Chad McHardy

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

i read somewhere that 'pisces iscariot' can be directly translated from
some language to mean 'lost pieces' or something like that. in which
case, that seems to suit the album.

Ciaran McNulty

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

> Andy writes in and sez...
> >Iscariot is obviously in reference to Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus
> >at his death. The "Pisces" is one of two things; latin plural for fish,
> >or the corresponding name for the star sign. It is often quoted that
> >Kurt Cobain blamed his star signs for his misfortune (he was also a
> >Pisces; i think) and this sense "Pisces Iscariot" refers to being
> >misguided and/or betrayed by one's astrinomical starsign.
> >
> >However, this is pure speculation and my guess is that it is purely
> >chosen for its aesthetic and auricular qualitys,
>
> I have a theory that could suppliment this one.
>
> When Cobain died, Courtney Love had a candlelight vigil at which a tape was
> played to the crowd of her sort-of "eulogy" to Kurt. At one point, she called
> him her (this is a direct quote) "...sad little Pisces Jesus man..."
>

> So if Kurt was Pisces Jesus, Billy is calling himself Pisces Iscariot.
>
> There's been much speculation about the various connection(s) between
Billy and
> Courtney -AND- Billy and Kurt...perhaps the title "Pisces Iscariot" is Billy's
> way of commenting on the comparison between himself and Kurt Cobain.
>

> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I'd appreciate any comments on this idea.
>
> Tony

Couldn't Pisces be Jesus (The fish was a Christian symbol), as in
self-betrayal? I can't believe Billy, who likes to keep the personal life
separate would send a coded message. If he wanted to comment I have a
feeling that he'd come out and say it.

Matthew Baer Cummins

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

Pisces is an astrological sign... betrayed by one's astrology. Billy is
into alot of that astrology stuff.
Fish betrayer? Nope..
matt

Mary Willoughby

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

sLuNk (z...@wt.net) wrote:
: Matthew Baer Cummins wrote:
: >
: > Billy Corgan is a pisces.........
: >
: > Judas Iscariot betryed Christ..............
: >
: > Pisces Iscariot.
: > matt
: So Pisces Iscariot = Fish Betrayer?
: pisces=?greek? for "fish"

just to add a little thing... some interpret the 12 signs of the zodiac
and their characteristics as corresponding to the 12 apostles and their
respective traits, (the number thing fits in there too, somehow, it
think). in this scheme Judas Iscariot is linked w/pisces. the
personality traits associated with the sign make this a little more
interesting, (i can't spin them off the top of my head, but
indescision, emotional voiltilty and really, really liking
strawberries are all piscean (-ian?). Kinda Hamlet-ish.) i don't think
the title has any astounding significance or anything, i just read
this some place and went "hmmm..." so i thought i'd share. i'm not really
up on my astrology, though, so i don't know much about it.

anyway,
mer

death rawk boy

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

okay... all you stupid fucking americans... here's what pisces iscariot
mean... billy is saying he's iscariot... he's continuing his angst thing
and whining bulshit... get it?

i can't get over how fucking stupid you all are...

death rawk boy

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

fuckin hell slunk... you thick cunt!!

why is this newsgroup full of lame american twats like yourself?

death rawk boy

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

duh...

no... it's a different fucking iscariot...

you thick fucking american twat

Matt Fabish

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Well if all Americans are "stupid fucking" people, then aren't you calling
the pumpkins stupid fucking people too?

death rawk boy <ze...@dcexhib.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<84659795...@dcexhib.demon.co.uk>...

Vince van den Dorpe

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

> When Cobain died, Courtney Love had a candlelight vigil at which a tape was
> played to the crowd of her sort-of "eulogy" to Kurt. At one point, she called
> him her (this is a direct quote) "...sad little Pisces Jesus man..."
>
> So if Kurt was Pisces Jesus, Billy is calling himself Pisces Iscariot.
>
> There's been much speculation about the various connection(s) between Billy
> and Courtney -AND- Billy and Kurt...perhaps the title "Pisces Iscariot"
> is Billy's way of commenting on the comparison between himself and Kurt
> Cobain.

Also note billys signoff at the end of the PI liner notes... 'peace love
empathy desire and michief' ... as you may well know, Cobains suicide
note was signed 'peace love empathy' ...

--
Johan van den Dorpe - http://www.manawatu.gen.nz/~kilroy/
Vince van den Dorpe - http://www.manawatu.gen.nz/pages/business/ttwc/

Sam Chatman

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96
to death rawk boy

death rawk boy wrote:

> okay... all you stupid fucking americans... here's what pisces iscariot
> mean... billy is saying he's iscariot... he's continuing his angst thing
> and whining bulshit... get it?
>
> i can't get over how fucking stupid you all are...

and to think we should think *YOU* are smart - get a life ....

Corgan

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

nope... just their fans on this NG...

Valerie

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

>nope... just their fans on this NG...

Yeh, since I love The Smashing Pumpkins and I'm American, I must be
the stupidest jerk alive, according to this guy.

Ddddd Ddddd

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

: > When Cobain died, Courtney Love had a candlelight vigil at which a tape was

: > played to the crowd of her sort-of "eulogy" to Kurt. At one point, she called
: > him her (this is a direct quote) "...sad little Pisces Jesus man..."

Was Pisces Iscatiot released BEFORE kurt died? I remember when he died
Siamese Dreams song were playing on the radio and the next album was
MCIS unless im mistaken.. tho im not the biggest SP fan in the world :)

Soma

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96
Billy is a Pisces, and iscariot can either be used in reference to
Judas Iscariot(the dicsiple guy who betrayed Jesus), or meaning
'traitor'

Peace. :)
Leslie Ruth
so...@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/7241

bink...@aol.com

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

This is what I read somewhere as to the meaning of "Pisces Iscariot":
Billy Corgan was born under the sign of Pisces. In many of his songs, it
seems that he believes life has betrayed him-a reference to Judas
Iscariot.

hadley

Nov 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/21/96

In <19961118194...@ladder01.news.aol.com> bink...@aol.com
wrote:

my birthdays on the same day as Billy's....
just thought I'd share that :) hehe

--
Here is my real head
-MM

Bryan Akers

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

> >This is what I read somewhere as to the meaning of "Pisces
> Iscariot":
> >Billy Corgan was born under the sign of Pisces. In many of his
> songs, it
> >seems that he believes life has betrayed him-a reference to Judas
> >Iscariot.
>
> my birthdays on the same day as Billy's....
> just thought I'd share that :) hehe

Mine is the same day as James', March 26.

--
________ _______
/ \____/ \
|E=o|8|====================================================|o o o o )
|E=8|o|====================================================|===/-/ /
\ o| \__
\ __ \ "Bryan's Picture of a Bass Guitar"
\_________/ \____/

61450...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2015, 11:29:50 AM8/10/15
On Thursday, 17 October 1996 18:00:00 UTC+11, Matt Fabish wrote:
> What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
> Iscariot in the dictionary.
>
> Thanks,
> MFabish

Iscariot means a sellsword doesn't it? Or a hired assassin? I know there is definitely a dictionary entry for it, and was in 1994 when that album dropped because that was the first thing I wanted to know too.

deann...@monroemi.org

Oct 23, 2015, 3:16:26 PM10/23/15
On Thursday, October 17, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Matt Fabish wrote:
> What does the phrase "Pisces Iscariot" mean? I can't find the word
> Iscariot in the dictionary.
>
> Thanks,
> MFabish

People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths