rare recording surfaces

Luke Wassermann

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
For all you collectors out there here is an awesome recording you
should get:
I just put up the Pumpkins gig at the Offramp Cafe in Seattle,
August 28, 1991 on my ftp.
The sound quality rivals soundboards as far as presence, and the
ambience gives you the feeling of being right in the crowd.
Considering it dates back to '91, I'd say this is a gem. Please
don't ask for trades, I'm only making this available as mp3s.
Sorry if people already know of this recording, but it wasn't on
Asselin's trade list, and since we all know how complete his
collection is, I figured I should bring this to everyone's
attention's. I already sent it to Erik Grande so you should be
able to find it on his site as well. My ftp is ftp://129.22.250.1

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luke Wassermann

David Mead

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
Luke Wassermann wrote:

>For all you collectors out there here is an awesome recording you
>should get:
>I just put up the Pumpkins gig at the Offramp Cafe in Seattle,
>August 28, 1991 on my ftp.
>The sound quality rivals soundboards as far as presence, and the
>ambience gives you the feeling of being right in the crowd.
>Considering it dates back to '91, I'd say this is a gem. Please
>don't ask for trades, I'm only making this available as mp3s.
>Sorry if people already know of this recording, but it wasn't on
>Asselin's trade list, and since we all know how complete his
>collection is, I figured I should bring this to everyone's
>attention's. I already sent it to Erik Grande so you should be

>able to find it on his site as well. My ftp is ftp://129.22.250.1.

This show is off the "Virgins" bootleg, and is really just 8.20.91, Seattle,
WA; Backstage Tavern. You're right, it is good sound quality for an audience
recording, however, almost everyone already has it, since it's widely
available.

-David

Luke Wassermann

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
ok, as you can see this hasn't just surfaced, sorry for creating
the excitement
nevertheless this is newly available to mp3ers in a hi-fi VBR
encoding
the bottom line is that if you have any interest in a 1991 show,
download this now

Aeromaid

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
okay, obviously i am the supreme-omni-gigantic idiot ot the century. so feel
free to flame me and put me down and take computer classes and find another ng
or whatever.
i just can't seem to get connected to any of these ftp sites. i'm not sure
what i'm doing wrong. quite frustrating. if anyone could point out the
obvious, i'd appreciate it.

i'm a dork
aeromaid

>> This show is off the "Virgins" bootleg, and is really just 8.20.91,
>Seattle,
>> WA; Backstage Tavern. You're right, it is good sound quality for an
>audience
>> recording, however, almost everyone already has it, since it's widely
>> available.

>hipsters : unite @ 169.232.97.20:2007 if you want the *other* site

normalperson

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
David Mead wrote:

> This show is off the "Virgins" bootleg, and is really just 8.20.91, Seattle,
> WA; Backstage Tavern. You're right, it is good sound quality for an audience
> recording, however, almost everyone already has it, since it's widely
> available.

well... I haven't seen it prior to today either

hipsters : unite @ 169.232.97.20:2007 if you want the *other* site

--
-Eric Wong | AIM:nrmlprsn | ICQ:5149095
zzzz zzzz zzzz AT usa DOT net

Dave Asselin

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
In article <38AE497B...@po.cwru.edu>, lc...@po.cwru.edu says...

>Sorry if people already know of this recording, but it wasn't on
>Asselin's trade list,

There's no way for you to actually know this anymore, because
Cloudhopping was really the only place that documented it, but
the 08.28.91 Offramp show you have is from the "Virgins" CD boot.
The show is actually 08.20.91 at the Backstage Tavern.

Which, incidentally, I do have.

- Dave

--
pmack AT xero DOT com -+- www DOT xero DOT com

Luke Wassermann

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00
did they even play a show at the offramp cafe around that time?