Mashed Potatoes: what is it?

Dubious82

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
I understand this is a much sought after item..I dont recall reading anything
about it in the FAQ, could someone fill me in.. thanks.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"At least we don't sound like Oasis.." - Royston Langdon/Spacehog
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

M Hamilton

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
Dubious82 <dubi...@aol.communistQ> (Dubious82) emitted this lovely gem of a post:

> I understand this is a much sought after item..I dont recall reading anything
> about it in the FAQ, could someone fill me in.. thanks.

Regardless of what anyone else tells you, we (we being the vast majority
of fans) know essentially nothing about. We know that it is a bunch of
rare/live/unreleased songs that was given to a select group of people a
few years back. That's it. I will be putting a small mention of it in
the next update of the FAQ.

|--[mike*hamilton]--(mich...@ualberta.ca)--|

|--[smashing*pumpkins*faq]--(http://www.ualberta.ca/~michaelh/FAQ.txt)--|

bugg superstar

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
Dubious82 wrote:

> I understand this is a much sought after item..I dont recall reading anything
> about it in the FAQ, could someone fill me in.. thanks.
>
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> "At least we don't sound like Oasis.." - Royston Langdon/Spacehog
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><>
key word "mashed potatos" - ignore the potatos with thanksgiving dinner
posts as they are slightly off topic
http://www.dejanews.com
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"akshfisan dvkksdhfasia cxnbzxcbbws,k ccs assemble a somewhat
continuous collection of this." WPC -Pisces Iscariot

bugg superstar

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
M Hamilton wrote:

> Dubious82 <dubi...@aol.communistQ> (Dubious82) emitted this lovely gem of a post:
> > I understand this is a much sought after item..I dont recall reading anything
> > about it in the FAQ, could someone fill me in.. thanks.
>
> Regardless of what anyone else tells you, we (we being the vast majority
> of fans) know essentially nothing about. We know that it is a bunch of
> rare/live/unreleased songs that was given to a select group of people a
> few years back. That's it. I will be putting a small mention of it in
> the next update of the FAQ.

is there any validity to this set list then? it was on dejanews claiming
to be some of the MP set.

happy fucking valentines -talking from a live show. Billy says oh
yeah, we forgot to say happy fucking valentines to all you lovebirds.
tristessa -live
there it goes
daydream
psychedelica
moss -live
spiral heart -instrumental
more days than this -just billy
sabotage -black sabbath song not the beasty boys :)
clock's ticking -weird. theyre fooling around billy starts to play a
beatles song and someone yells THE CLOCK IS TICKING like they're
really pissed.

...contiues...
<snip>

Todd Sempel

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99

bugg superstar wrote in message <36CBAFAF...@fuspam.earthlink.net>...

If memory serves me, that tracklist was posted by Moonkids, who received it
from a fellow named Chris Ware, who was really Dave Asselin in disguise,
fooling him. It's bogus.

-Todd

-----------------Straight-Sig-Style-
------------------------------------
Rest in Peace to Palza Bitch Records
AIM = ScrillaTee [Not usually there]
ICQ = 26903968 [Also goes for there]
------------------------------------
-I-Got-Another-Funky-Rhyme----------

M Hamilton

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
bugg superstar <eggp...@fuspam.earthlink.net> (bugg superstar) emitted this lovely gem of a post:

> M Hamilton wrote:
> > Regardless of what anyone else tells you, we (we being the vast majority
> > of fans) know essentially nothing about. We know that it is a bunch of
> > rare/live/unreleased songs that was given to a select group of people a
> > few years back. That's it. I will be putting a small mention of it in
> > the next update of the FAQ.
> >
> is there any validity to this set list then? it was on dejanews claiming
> to be some of the MP set.

<snip>

I really doubt it. I mean, look who you haave doing research: David
Rapiejko. (aka Moonkids). He believes everything that is emailed to him.

Case-and-point: Chris Taylor's prank. Chris emailed David with some info
(fake) and David put it up on his site almost immediately. With no
verification other than some guy with a Hotmail address.

In other words, I would believe that SP broke up yesterday before I would
believe David Rapiejko.

Sean Duffy

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
On 18 Feb 1999 05:39:57 GMT, dubi...@aol.communistQ (Dubious82)
wrote:

>I understand this is a much sought after item..I dont recall reading anything
>about it in the FAQ, could someone fill me in.. thanks.

Mashed potatoes is a dish made with boiled potatoes, milk, and butter.
Many things can be added to mashed potatoes, like garlic, parsley, and
chives. Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods.

Ryan Nims

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99

sometimes if you want more than just potatoes, you can add various
meats, corn, and other spices if that serves you, and it creates
Shepard's pie.

Todd Sempel

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99

M Hamilton wrote in message <7agf2g$d0i$1...@pulp.ucs.ualberta.ca>...

>bugg superstar <eggp...@fuspam.earthlink.net> (bugg superstar) emitted
this lovely gem of a post:
>> M Hamilton wrote:
>> > Regardless of what anyone else tells you, we (we being the vast
majority
>> > of fans) know essentially nothing about. We know that it is a bunch of
>> > rare/live/unreleased songs that was given to a select group of people a
>> > few years back. That's it. I will be putting a small mention of it in
>> > the next update of the FAQ.
>> >
>> is there any validity to this set list then? it was on dejanews claiming
>> to be some of the MP set.
>
><snip>
>
>I really doubt it. I mean, look who you haave doing research: David
>Rapiejko. (aka Moonkids). He believes everything that is emailed to him.
>
>Case-and-point: Chris Taylor's prank. Chris emailed David with some info
>(fake) and David put it up on his site almost immediately. With no
>verification other than some guy with a Hotmail address.

Not to defend David, but he never claimed any of the Mashed Potatos info he
had on his site was true.

Ross Robbins

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99

M Hamilton <mich...@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> wrote in article
<7agf2g$d0i$1...@pulp.ucs.ualberta.ca>...

> In other words, I would believe that SP broke up yesterday before I would
> believe David Rapiejko.

You won't believe this! The Smashing Pumpkins broke up yesterday!

Sorry.

Ross

Sean Duffy

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:27:54 GMT, nimski...@yahoo.com (Ryan Nims)
wrote:

Shepherd's pie is one of the finest foods known to man.
Unfortunately, in Ireland that's all they eat, and the shepherd's pie
there is terrible (it's like ground beef with a noodle thrown on top.)
If you enjoy eating, don't ever go to Ireland. "It's the only second
world nation in Western Europe!"

M Hamilton

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
Todd Sempel <bad...@worldnet.att.net> (Todd Sempel) emitted this lovely gem of a post:
> M Hamilton wrote in message <7agf2g$d0i$1...@pulp.ucs.ualberta.ca>...

> >I really doubt it. I mean, look who you haave doing research: David
> >Rapiejko. (aka Moonkids). He believes everything that is emailed to him.
> >
> >Case-and-point: Chris Taylor's prank. Chris emailed David with some info
> >(fake) and David put it up on his site almost immediately. With no
> >verification other than some guy with a Hotmail address.

> Not to defend David, but he never claimed any of the Mashed Potatos info he
> had on his site was true.

Well, whatever.... people believe him. They look it up on Dejanews, and
think it's true. I'm just saying that I don't believe a word that he put
on that page.

bugg superstar

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
Todd Sempel wrote:

> bugg superstar wrote in message <36CBAFAF...@fuspam.earthlink.net>...
> >M Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> Dubious82 <dubi...@aol.communistQ> (Dubious82) emitted this lovely gem
> of a post:

> anything
> >>
> >> Regardless of what anyone else tells you, we (we being the vast majority
> >> of fans) know essentially nothing about. We know that it is a bunch of
> >> rare/live/unreleased songs that was given to a select group of people a
> >> few years back. That's it. I will be putting a small mention of it in
> >> the next update of the FAQ.
> >>

> >is there any validity to this set list then? it was on dejanews claiming
> >to be some of the MP set.
> >
> >happy fucking valentines -talking from a live show. Billy says oh
> >yeah, we forgot to say happy fucking valentines to all you lovebirds.
> >tristessa -live
> >there it goes
> >daydream
> >psychedelica
> >moss -live
> >spiral heart -instrumental
> >more days than this -just billy
> >sabotage -black sabbath song not the beasty boys :)
> >clock's ticking -weird. theyre fooling around billy starts to play a
> >beatles song and someone yells THE CLOCK IS TICKING like they're
> >really pissed.
> >
> >...contiues...
> ><snip>
>
> If memory serves me, that tracklist was posted by Moonkids, who received it
> from a fellow named Chris Ware, who was really Dave Asselin in disguise,
> fooling him

who was really you telling me it's not true because i work for the SP
mofia

LunaBloom7

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
eggplant said:
>> If memory serves me, that tracklist was posted by Moonkids, who received it
>> from a fellow named Chris Ware, who was really Dave Asselin in disguise,
>> fooling him
>>
>who was really you telling me it's not true because i work for the SP
>mofia

yeah, except that if you did,

1. you wouldn't tell us.
2. they'd teach you how to spell it during initiation.

i'm reminded of a quote from today's media literacy class:

patrick: "man, beast-ality is so funny...!"
julia: "yeah, but it would be a whole lot funnier if you could pronounce it."

case in point.. ~julia (eating the only peanut butter related food you'll ever
see me near: apple slices with peanut butter and salt.)

bugg superstar

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
LunaBloom7 wrote:

> eggplant said:
> >> If memory serves me, that tracklist was posted by Moonkids, who received it
> >> from a fellow named Chris Ware, who was really Dave Asselin in disguise,
> >> fooling him
> >>
> >who was really you telling me it's not true because i work for the SP
> >mofia
>
> yeah, except that if you did,
>
> 1. you wouldn't tell us.

all apart of the plan

> 2. they'd teach you how to spell it during initiation.

it was a 2 day course. now i'm officially able to give cpr toa pumpkin
fan and uh gamble at the same time.

> i'm reminded of a quote from today's media literacy class:
>
> patrick: "man, beast-ality is so funny...!"
> julia: "yeah, but it would be a whole lot funnier if you could pronounce it."

i have no problem pronouncing Mafia ;)

> case in point.. ~julia (eating the only peanut butter related food you'll ever
> see me near: apple slices with peanut butter and salt.)

Todd Sempel

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99

LunaBloom7 wrote in message <19990219153736...@ng57.aol.com>...

>i'm reminded of a quote from today's media literacy class:
>
>patrick: "man, beast-ality is so funny...!"
>julia: "yeah, but it would be a whole lot funnier if you could pronounce
it."

I dunno. I actually thought it was funnier pronounced wrong.

maYOnaiSe miSTreSS

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
LunaBloom7 wrote: > eggplant said: > >> If memory serves me, that tracklist was posted by Moonkids, who received it > >> from a fellow named Chris Ware, who was really Dave Asselin in disguise, > >> fooling him > >> > >who was really you telling me it's not true because i work for the SP > >mofia > yeah, except that if you did, > 1. you wouldn't tell us. > 2. they'd teach you how to spell it during initiation. > i'm reminded of a quote from today's media literacy class: > patrick: "man, beast-ality is so funny...!" > julia: "yeah, but it would be a whole lot funnier if you could pronounce it." > case in point.. ~julia (eating the only peanut butter related food you'll ever > see me near: apple slices with peanut butter and salt.) Yea and don't forget 3. If they did tell us they'd have to kill us. ~maYO miSTreSS~

maYOnaiSe miSTreSS

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
Sean Duffy wrote:

> On 18 Feb 1999 05:39:57 GMT, dubi...@aol.communistQ (Dubious82)
> wrote:
>
> >I understand this is a much sought after item..I dont recall reading anything
> >about it in the FAQ, could someone fill me in.. thanks.
>
> Mashed potatoes is a dish made with boiled potatoes, milk, and butter.
> Many things can be added to mashed potatoes, like garlic, parsley, and
> chives. Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods.

What about Sour Cream? yum yum...

***ThiS meSSaGe iS brOughT TO YOu STraiGhT frOm The maYOnaiSe jar***

Sean Duffy

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:39:32 -0800, maYOnaiSe miSTreSS
<mayonais...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sean Duffy wrote:
>>
>> On 18 Feb 1999 05:39:57 GMT, dubi...@aol.communistQ (Dubious82)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I understand this is a much sought after item..I dont recall reading anything
>> >about it in the FAQ, could someone fill me in.. thanks.
>>
>> Mashed potatoes is a dish made with boiled potatoes, milk, and butter.
>> Many things can be added to mashed potatoes, like garlic, parsley, and
>> chives. Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods.
>
>What about Sour Cream? yum yum...

You know, I don't think I've ever had mashed potatoes with sour cream.
I put sour cream on baked potatoes all the time, but never mashed
potatoes. Potatoes are a weird food like that, for example, many
people put ketchup on french fries, but few people put ketchup on
mashed potatoes.

hazelnut

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
Sean Duffy wrote:

> You know, I don't think I've ever had mashed potatoes with sour cream.
> I put sour cream on baked potatoes all the time, but never mashed
> potatoes. Potatoes are a weird food like that, for example, many
> people put ketchup on french fries, but few people put ketchup on
> mashed potatoes.

i am the mashed potatoes queen. add some sour cream *into* the mashed potatoes and
it's okay. not bad. but still, freshly roasted garlic, thyme and butter is really
great (throw in a little milk for smoothness).

-pegs --

Sean Duffy

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99

Another good thing to put in mashed potatoes is chicken broth. It
adds flavor without adding much fat or calories.

hazelnut

Feb 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/22/99
Sean Duffy wrote:

> Another good thing to put in mashed potatoes is chicken broth. It
> adds flavor without adding much fat or calories.

oh yeah, i forgot about chicken broth! haha. yeah, good stuff. chicken broth would
replace the milk. yummy stuff.

-pegs --