Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Vs Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

cailinsdad

Nov 21, 2010, 12:25:41 AM11/21/10

Someone here was telling me they love the Klipsch 2.1 setup. I'm
considering it vs the Harman Kardon Soundsticks. I have heard the HK
setup and it sounds great but it's much lower powered. However, my
space for this setup is small.

My question is has anybody heard both and how do they compare? Also,
I'm concerned about sound quality of the Klipsch at higher volumes.
Does that powerful sub drown out the satellites?

I know Klipsch is quality, but in my case that sub might be too much
thump for my work area.

dclizardking

Nov 21, 2010, 5:55:49 AM11/21/10

Seems to be a problem with the din on the Klipsch. It breaks rather
too easily and it takes them an eternity to fix it. It apparently has
very good sound though.

Cornholio

Nov 21, 2010, 2:11:08 PM11/21/10

I have the newest generation pro medias and they no longer have the din
issue as they've changed the design. I haven't heard the harman's so I
don't know how they compare to each other. But I can tell you the pro
media's sound as good as a good home stereo setup. Also as far as the
sub drowning out the satellites I haven't found it to be a problem as
the sub level is fully adjustable.

cailinsdad

Nov 23, 2010, 10:42:51 PM11/23/10
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:11:08 -0500, Cornholio <t...@mybunghole.net>
wrote:

Thanks guys. I have verified that the Pro Media's I am looking at
have the redesigned din plug. Still seems like a stupid design but for
$120 bucks I'm not complaining too much. I wish I could hear them.

Cornhoilio, how long have you had them?

Cornholio

Nov 25, 2010, 1:28:35 PM11/25/10

I've had them a few months now and they're one of the best purchases
I've ever made.

Nicholas Zwolinski

Dec 24, 2010, 3:32:22 PM12/24/10

where can yoou get the klipsh for$120?

Cornholio

Dec 26, 2010, 7:23:19 PM12/26/10
On 12/24/2010 3:32 PM, Nicholas Zwolinski wrote:

> where can yoou get the klipsh for$120?

They were on sale at best buy a while back have no idea if they still are.

willjv...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2012, 5:06:36 AM7/7/12
Klypsh al the way