Is anyone still here?

Cornholio

Jul 31, 2012, 8:23:33 PM7/31/12
I haven't seen a new post in a long time anyone still here?

tom b

Aug 3, 2012, 4:06:18 PM8/3/12
On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:23:33 PM UTC-4, Cornholio wrote:

> I haven't seen a new post in a long time anyone still here?

Do you ever read Alt.Music.Judas-Priest?

On there Kevin has explained how we've migrated to facebook, and I have set up a amjp ams group there where only we who've been posting can see and post stuff. So no spam, and other non-sense.

If you don't use facebook, then I don't know what to tell you as it appears few of us actually still log in on the actual newsgroup anymore.

Tom

Cornholio

Aug 3, 2012, 8:18:18 PM8/3/12
Maybe it's time to join facebook, I'm one of the holdouts. Oh usenet how
your decline has now slammed into the bottom. Do you know of any good
metal forum sites? Any of the regulars on any of those? I remember back
from the mid 90s to early 2000s I would read around 10-15 groups a day
and then around the mid 2000s the number started to decline until it
finally got down to 2. Now the number will probably drop to 1. Oh noes
time is marching on! My news server is being a pain in the ass with
character limits on line.

tom b

Aug 4, 2012, 2:11:26 PM8/4/12
On Friday, August 3, 2012 8:18:18 PM UTC-4, Cornholio wrote:

> Maybe it's time to join facebook, I'm one of the holdouts.

Yeah, on facebook it would be easy to find some of us former regular users. Kevin explains on AMJP how to find him. If you find him, you can then find most of the rest of us.

Tom

cailinsdad

Sep 17, 2012, 2:22:43 PM9/17/12
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 20:18:18 -0400, Cornholio <t...@mybunghole.net>
wrote:
I will miss usenet as well. The Facebook group is so we can keep in
touch when this group end up dead. Hopefully that never happens but
with the traffic here I think it's inevitable.