Skinny Puppy's New Mythmaker CD - Audio Samples

InfoMinister

Dec 3, 2006, 2:45:00 PM12/3/06
Audio samples for the new Skinny Puppy CD Mythmaker can be found here:

http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/product-view.php?productid=17634

So far this is the only place that has them. Amazon doesn't even list
the CD right now. It comes out January 29th.

mimus

Dec 3, 2006, 4:02:56 PM12/3/06

Hell, I just finished damning the last one with faint praise.

--

Let there be throbbing.

InfoMinister

Dec 3, 2006, 8:16:32 PM12/3/06

Oh, and about the release date. I looked on Litany.net and it says
that the release date might be Jan. 16th in the US.

Check out their site
http://www.litany.net/

and their forum
http://litany.prongs.org/

Maybe there will be updates there with the exact date.

Drew

Dec 3, 2006, 8:48:16 PM12/3/06

mimus wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:45:00 -0800, InfoMinister wrote:

[snip]

> Hell, I just finished damning the last one with faint praise.

Why bother with the praise? It was complete shite.

Four 20s soundbites of 64kpbs mono were enough to convince me that
we'll all feel pretty much the same about the next one as well. A
shame, really -- They still pack a punch doing some of their material
live.

Drew

mimus

Dec 4, 2006, 2:32:00 AM12/4/06
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 17:48:16 -0800, Drew wrote:

> mimus wrote:
>
>> Hell, I just finished damning the last one with faint praise.
>
> Why bother with the praise? It was complete shite.

The block "I'mmortal", "Goneja", "EmpTe" and "Use Less" (18:39) has only
minor flaws (guitar in the first, general cuteness with titles, and a
slight theistic reference in the last). "Ghostman" is musically quite
good, too, and might be inserted as the next to last track in the above
block . . . . "Goneja" and "Use Less" are best, to me.

And if some unknown band had come out with the above block, I fear it
would've been considered dazzling.

Alexande...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2006, 9:57:45 PM12/31/06

Definitely not the old puppy we're all use to =) It's gonna take a few
listens to feel where they are coming from....

N8

Jan 24, 2007, 10:30:28 PM1/24/07
Supposed to be out on Jan 29 or 30.
I just downloaded the whole album.