Bosstones on Jenny McCarthy show?

Brendan McCabe

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

I heard the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are going to be on the Jenny McCarthy
Show. Does anyone know the date of this event?
--

Thank you,
Brendan McCabe

Willyosaurus

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Brendan McCabe (tmc...@nac.net) wrote:
: I heard the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are going to be on the Jenny McCarthy

: Show. Does anyone know the date of this event?
: --

dunno the date but they did an interview in my schools (CSU) newspaper
and they are also supposedly going to be on lovelines sometime.. scary..

-remy

drainer

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

fucking sucks.... all the magazines and shit trying to make Ska all
popular and stuff... I am not talking about selling out, but I am
talking about how the only reason they want ska to be big is cause most
is still in the DIY spirit, and to them, that means $$$

dan

Me (who else would it be?)

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

what's the jenny mccarthy show? that dating game on mtv?

x's & o's
cathy

Tim Cary

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

drainer (dra...@geocities.com) wrote:
:
: fucking sucks.... all the magazines and shit trying to make Ska all

: popular and stuff... I am not talking about selling out, but I am
: talking about how the only reason they want ska to be big is cause most
: is still in the DIY spirit, and to them, that means $$$

Hrm, well actually...I think the Bosstones are one of the few bands that
could get really really huge and I wouldn't like them less for it.
They're talented as hell, and they deserve to be popular. Of course, the
main reason I think this is I've already seen them play small clubs, so I
wouldn't feel like I missed anything like I have with some other bands I
was unfortuantely enough to start listening to *after* they got popular
(R.E.M., namely). I think the only way they would lose me as a fan would
be if they got popular after putting out a really shitty album (like Nine
Inch Nails, for example). Just my thoughts...honestly, I'm just trying to
add to this newsgroup because the Bosstones kick ass. Later.

-Timmy
Blac...@cris.com
tmc...@alpha.delta.edu

Vince Kozlek

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

In article <5g7t5a$q4j$2...@news3.microserve.net>, boud...@edbo.com says...

>what's the jenny mccarthy show? that dating game on mtv?

I think she may have her own show, now. I saw the dating game a while ago with
someone other than Jenny McCarthy...
--
Pennsylvania Ska Web Page = http://www.epix.net/~batman/ska.html

Emily

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

drainer wrote:

> fucking sucks.... all the magazines and shit trying to make Ska all
> popular and stuff... I am not talking about selling out, but I am
> talking about how the only reason they want ska to be big is cause most
> is still in the DIY spirit, and to them, that means $$$
>

> dan

That kind of bothers me.. I mean I would probably still listen to it if
everyone else did and I would still love going to shows and stuff
cause I like ska cause of how it makes me feel not how big it is
anyway.. but that bothers me the bosstones and suicide machines being
on MTV. Punk and ska scenes are kind of about expressing yourself and
going out and finding new bands and screwing the industry and doing it
yourself but how would you be doing any of that when some big time
corperation is spoon feeding you your music?
Emily

MoMMy4HiRe

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

Wow.. the Bosstones on loveline and Jenny Mcarthy? TOo much... Rock on
*MoNNiE*
Monica SKAholic's Homepage - http://members.aol.com/Skaholic1

Mighty ska

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

I also heard they're gonna be on mtv's spring break...

Pakman

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

> what's the jenny mccarthy show? that dating game on mtv?
>

> x's & o's
> cathy

No, That's Singled Out, the dating game that jenny was the cohost of. Now
she has her own show on MTV, during which she sometimes hosts musical
acts, such as the bosstones. I think the show is on Tues. nights at
10:30, but I'm not sure.

Greg Filardo

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

whatsup with you people being so scared of your scene becoming popular
you afraid you wont be going against the grain anymore you think you
wont be rebelling anymore only time i give a shit if a band becomes
popular is if they sell out their style thats all i care its normally a
good thing makes CDs more accesable so fuckin chill out and let your
beloved scene do what it wants so it goes on TV i love hearing punk or
ska on TV nash bridges has dead kennedys on it i love that let other
people like your music dont be so selfish cause you wanna be different
plus your scene is already pretty mainstream if ska was so fuckin
underground then there would be no danger of bands selling out or
getting on TV

guy with a fat dick in your mouth

Emily

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97
to Tim Cary

Tim Cary wrote:

> drainer (dra...@geocities.com) wrote:
> :
> : fucking sucks.... all the magazines and shit trying to make Ska all
> : popular and stuff... I am not talking about selling out, but I am
> : talking about how the only reason they want ska to be big is cause most
> : is still in the DIY spirit, and to them, that means $$$
>
> Hrm, well actually...I think the Bosstones are one of the few bands that
> could get really really huge and I wouldn't like them less for it.
> They're talented as hell, and they deserve to be popular. Of course, the
> main reason I think this is I've already seen them play small clubs, so I
> wouldn't feel like I missed anything like I have with some other bands I
> was unfortuantely enough to start listening to *after* they got popular
> (R.E.M., namely). I think the only way they would lose me as a fan would
> be if they got popular after putting out a really shitty album (like Nine
> Inch Nails, for example). Just my thoughts...honestly, I'm just trying to
> add to this newsgroup because the Bosstones kick ass. Later.
>
> -Timmy
> Blac...@cris.com
> tmc...@alpha.delta.edu

Hey,

I agree, I think that the Bosstones have been around for so long and
they seem to work really hard and they kick ass and there is no reason
why they shouldn't get a lot of money back for it. I don't see them
being on MTV as selling out. Because they deserve it.. And I think it's
good they would finally be getting something back for being so
awesome.

ok talk to ya later,

Emily

yoohoo

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97

HEY can anyone tell me if the bosstones were already on the jenny
mccarthy show? or are they gonna be on this wednesday or what? call me
crazy, i'm a girl and i LUV jenny. she's sexy as hell. it would be
interesting to see the btones on the show.......

Todd Ostermeier

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

Hey, did anybody else notice that this didn't use any punctuation? I
scoff at people who don't use punctuation. Scoff! Scoff! It's hard to
take someone seriously when they don't even know when it's appropriate to
use a period or comma. My guess is this guy is a big fan of TV and CD's,
since those are the only words (I guess you could call them words;
acronyms maybe?) that he capitalized. Maybe it's his mouth that has a
fat dick in it, or if not, it should, cuz that would shut him up
(although when you're typing, I don't see how not being able to talk will
keep him from driveling on the keyboard). Well, that and he's talking
out of his ass anyway. Maybe that's why there's no punctuation. Last I
knew, asses weren't very smart.
| Todd Ostermeier | "I love Bumble Bee Tuna"|
| oste...@students.uiuc.edu | - Mephiskapheles |
| http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~ostermer/index.html| |
|_____________________________________________|___________________________|
|DNRC Title: Creator of all things useless and time consuming |
|_________________________________________________________________________|
|Owner of two ska waves: 56 and 57. They belong to me!! Two waves! |
|_________________________________________________________________________|

Mike

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

Ever heard of a period???? I sure have a hard time respecting anything
that badly written.......

Mike

dave

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

Greg Filardo wrote:

> whatsup with you people being so scared of your scene becoming popular
> you afraid you wont be going against the grain anymore you think you
> wont be rebelling anymore only time i give a shit if a band becomes
> popular is if they sell out their style thats all i care its normally a
> good thing makes CDs more accesable so fuckin chill out and let your
> beloved scene do what it wants so it goes on TV i love hearing punk or
> ska on TV nash bridges has dead kennedys on it i love that let other
> people like your music dont be so selfish cause you wanna be different
> plus your scene is already pretty mainstream if ska was so fuckin
> underground then there would be no danger of bands selling out or
> getting on TV
>
> guy with a fat dick in your mouth

I think Jello Biafra wrote the theme song to Nash Bridges.

-dave

skot bowdoin

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97
> i think its a sentimentality. i think that is why some people dont them
> getting real big. people like goin to the small venue and being close
> to the band....but no matter how the band does there own thing, if they
> are huge they have to play big places because of everyone wanting to see
> them, therefor the older fans feel dicked.
> i think i got my point across,
> -skot
> --
i am always fucking up on typing! anyway that was my opinion....
nevermind,
-skot

--
___
|_| "I know I will not follow! AINT GOT NO HEROS!!"
| | -Schleprock
___| |___"I dont need your way of life. I cant stand your attitudes.
/| || || |\ I dont need this fucking world!!!"
(+| || || | | -Dead Kennedys
\ / | http://www.comcat.com/~beaudk/Total-Chaos/
\ / / http://www.comcat.com/~beaudk/bosstones
| | / mailto:bea...@comcat.com
/\/\/\/\/\
^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*^&*

skot bowdoin

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

Greg Filardo wrote:

> whatsup with you people being so scared of your scene becoming popular
> you afraid you wont be going against the grain anymore you think you
> wont be rebelling anymore only time i give a shit if a band becomes
> popular is if they sell out their style thats all i care its normally a
> good thing makes CDs more accesable so fuckin chill out and let your
> beloved scene do what it wants so it goes on TV i love hearing punk or
> ska on TV nash bridges has dead kennedys on it i love that let other
> people like your music dont be so selfish cause you wanna be different
> plus your scene is already pretty mainstream if ska was so fuckin
> underground then there would be no danger of bands selling out or
> getting on TV
>
> guy with a fat dick in your mouth
i think its a sentimentality. i think that is why some people dont them
getting real big. people like goin to the small venue and being close
to the band....but no matter how the band does there own thing, if they
are huge they have to play big places because of everyone wanting to see
them, therefor the older fans feel dicked.
i think i got my point across,
-skot

Wow...forks are sharp, man.

Mar 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/19/97

In a previous article, Greg Filardo <Cok...@erols.com> wrote:
->whatsup with you people being so scared of your scene becoming popular
->you afraid you wont be going against the grain anymore you think you
->wont be rebelling anymore only time i give a shit if a band becomes
->popular is if they sell out their style thats all i care its normally a
->good thing makes CDs more accesable so fuckin chill out and let your
->beloved scene do what it wants so it goes on TV i love hearing punk or
->ska on TV nash bridges has dead kennedys on it i love that let other
->people like your music dont be so selfish cause you wanna be different
->plus your scene is already pretty mainstream if ska was so fuckin
->underground then there would be no danger of bands selling out or
->getting on TV
->
->guy with a fat dick in your mouth

GROWL
Its not that they go mainstream it's the fact that "selling out" means
they change their musical style to sell more albums....too many
examples to cite on that one.......
how can you even mention DK in that post, they never sold out
and to have them on Nash Bridges is hysterical.
Wondering if youv'e ever heard DK-
lesley

Buchbinder

Mar 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/20/97

--------------60C8254734B9

People care about a band they like if it becomes big because not of
sentimentality, but also when you put so much effort in purchasing,
searching and taking everything that comes with enjoying an independent
and/or a smaller band and when the spoon-fed masses who care more about
what's cutting edge rather than the actual music sinking their teeth into
the latest trend there is a sense of hopelessness and also a feeling of
loss.

--------------60C8254734B9

Buchbinder's Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/8647/

The proud owner of Ska Wave 37:
Traditional-Jamacian-2Tone-Punk-Swing-Bluebeat-Metal-
Contemporary-Rocksteady-Pop-Yiddish-Hardcore-Reggae-Polka-Alternative-Grunge-
Calypso-R and B-Dancehall-Funk-sXe-Queercore-Rockabilly-Crusty-Classical-
Lounge-Indie-Satanic-Oi-Hip Hop-Techno-Bluegrass-Industrial-Jazz-Acoustic-
Rock-Gospel-Dance-Emo-Rap-Soul-Easy Listening-Cajun-Electronic-New
Age-Country
Western-Latin-Children's-Soul-Humor-Celtic-African-Showtune-Zydeco-Jungle-type
Ska.

--------------60C8254734B9--

Tanya

Mar 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/21/97

Greg Filardo wrote:

> whatsup with you people being so scared of your scene becoming popular
> you afraid you wont be going against the grain anymore you think you
> wont be rebelling anymore only time i give a shit if a band becomes
> popular is if they sell out their style thats all i care its normally a
> good thing makes CDs more accesable so fuckin chill out and let your
> beloved scene do what it wants so it goes on TV i love hearing punk or
> ska on TV nash bridges has dead kennedys on it i love that let other
> people like your music dont be so selfish cause you wanna be different
> plus your scene is already pretty mainstream if ska was so fuckin
> underground then there would be no danger of bands selling out or
> getting on TV
>
> guy with a fat dick in your mouthI agree with you, I don't care who the hell likes the stuff I listen to.
But why would anyone want to go on MTV??? MTV sucks!!!!! I mean let
alone the fact that in all the videos the people are lip-synching.

Tanya

Mar 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/21/97

Willyosaurus wrote:

> Brendan McCabe (tmc...@nac.net) wrote:
> : I heard the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are going to be on the Jenny McCarthy
> : Show. Does anyone know the date of this event?
> : --
>
> dunno the date but they did an interview in my schools (CSU) newspaper
> and they are also supposedly going to be on lovelines sometime.. scary..
>
> -remyYou know, I don't get this...THE JENNY MCCARTHY SHOW SUCKS!!!!!!! Why
would anyone want to play on anything that's on MTV????

Chad Wells

Mar 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/22/97

Tanya <neur...@bellatlantic.net> scribed the following:

Look if you don't care who likes the stuff you listen too, Why do you
bitch about them being on MTV? You totally contradicted yourself...
We should ALL realize that the Bosstones are finally getting the
success they deserve. Of course the people in videos lip-sync......
It's (almost) always been that way (with few exceptions- NIN, concert
footage, Soundgarden, some others....)
The fact remains that people need to learn how to think for
themselves, and listen to what THEY THEMSELVES like. DON'T let others
try to change your listening habits. I admit that eMpTyV trys to force
unwilling watchers to just listen to the "buzz" at the moment, but you
and all others need to decide for YERSELF what YOU like. C'mon!

______________________
Chad Wells
gok...@sprynet.com
______________________

NOTE: The "bypass" in my Email address in the header
of this message is intended to foil spammers.
Please remove it to send email to me.

darkivan

Mar 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/22/97

Emily wrote:

> drainer wrote:
>

> > fucking sucks.... all the magazines and shit trying to make Ska all
> > popular and stuff... I am not talking about selling out, but I am
> > talking about how the only reason they want ska to be big is cause most
> > is still in the DIY spirit, and to them, that means $$$
> >
> > dan
>
> That kind of bothers me.. I mean I would probably still listen to it if
> everyone else did and I would still love going to shows and stuff
> cause I like ska cause of how it makes me feel not how big it is
> anyway.. but that bothers me the bosstones and suicide machines being
> on MTV. Punk and ska scenes are kind of about expressing yourself and
> going out and finding new bands and screwing the industry and doing it
> yourself but how would you be doing any of that when some big time
> corperation is spoon feeding you your music?
> Emily

Oh, GOD!! Another shitty fucking post from that whiner Emily. It is any
person's dream to be able to make a good living at what they love
doing. Do you think that Goldfinger is being spoonfed? You are
fuckin'bonkers.

darkivan

drainer

Mar 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/23/97

ugh! I was outta town. Anyway, my point was simple, the fucking
COMPANIES want to make the cash, and our so loved bands can fuck
themselves. That's pretty much what's happening.

Otto

Mar 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/23/97

darkivan wrote:

> Emily wrote:
> >
> > drainer wrote:
> >

> > > fucking sucks.... all the magazines and shit trying to make Ska all
> > > popular and stuff... I am not talking about selling out, but I am
> > > talking about how the only reason they want ska to be big is cause most
> > > is still in the DIY spirit, and to them, that means $$$
> > >
> > > dan
> >
> > That kind of bothers me.. I mean I would probably still listen to it if
> > everyone else did and I would still love going to shows and stuff
> > cause I like ska cause of how it makes me feel not how big it is
> > anyway.. but that bothers me the bosstones and suicide machines being
> > on MTV. Punk and ska scenes are kind of about expressing yourself and
> > going out and finding new bands and screwing the industry and doing it
> > yourself but how would you be doing any of that when some big time
> > corperation is spoon feeding you your music?
> > Emily
>
> Oh, GOD!! Another shitty fucking post from that whiner Emily. It is any
> person's dream to be able to make a good living at what they love
> doing. Do you think that Goldfinger is being spoonfed? You are
> fuckin'bonkers.
>
> darkivan
I have to agree it's really unproductive to sit around and whine about
MTV sucking. MTV has very little good programming, however, that's not
to say that it can't change. Maybe they can mend their ways. I have no
objection to watching it for a few minutes, seeing the bosstones perform
and then turning it off.
-Ottto
"If you don't like it don't bother with it."

--
<------------------------------------------------------------>
Check out my rocking Mighty Mighty Bosstones Webpage @

Cavanaugh

Mar 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/28/97

wow the dead kennedys are on nash bridges

Tanya <neur...@bellatlantic.net> wrote in article
<3332B6...@bellatlantic.net>...

hotandheav...@yahoo.com

May 2, 2016, 5:44:51 AM5/2/16
On Tuesday, March 11, 1997 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Brendan McCabe wrote:
> I heard the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are going to be on the Jenny McCarthy
> Show. Does anyone know the date of this event?
> --
>
> Thank you,
> Brendan McCabe
> % Got a problem with any of this? Here's my address. %
> % tmc...@nac.net %
> % "Score one for the punks! Oi! Oi! Oi! %
> % Score one for the skins! Oi! Oi! Oi!" ~Squiggy %
> % All in favor of alt.music.sellout say Oi! %

NATE ALBERT LEFT THE BAND, DENNIS IS NO LONGER IN THE GROUP, THEY'RE GETTING OLD, THINGS ARE GOING MORE UNDERGROUND NOW. IT SEEMS ARTISTS LIKE RHIANNA & DRAKE & KANYE WEST HAVE NOW TAKEN OVER THE AIRWAVES AND THE SKA SCENE IS BACK WHERE IT ORIGINALLY WAS..