Anyone make Selmer MK VI baritone necks?

JSAXL

Nov 9, 2003, 7:29:01 PM11/9/03
I have seen many ads over the years for alto and tenor replacement necks to
alter the tone and ease of performance. I have one on my tenor. Does anyone
make bari necks for the Selmer VI?

Thanks
John L

Hubert Barth

Nov 10, 2003, 5:52:52 AM11/10/03
js...@aol.com (JSAXL) wrote:

Karsten Gloger makes necks for all saxes, he made two copper necks for
my Yanagisawa B901.
http://www.gloger-handkraft.com/

regards
--
Hubert Barth
Cologne/Germany

Dexdex

Nov 10, 2003, 6:16:15 AM11/10/03
John,
Selmer has the so-called "booster" neck for the SA-II. It might also fit the
Mk6. Dex
http://www.selmer.fr/html/english/sax/perso/perso.htm#neck

"JSAXL" <js...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de

Dexdex

Nov 10, 2003, 6:53:56 AM11/10/03
Hallo Hubert,
what improvements do you get from those necks. Are the 2 very different ? I
never tried 3rd party necks on the bari sax.
Thanks. Gruss Dex

"Hubert Barth" <hubert...@netcologne.de> a écrit dans le message de

Steve Marshall

Nov 10, 2003, 4:35:33 PM11/10/03

"Dexdex" <dex dex at blue win ch> wrote in message

> John,
> Selmer has the so-called "booster" neck for the SA-II. It might also fit
the
> Mk6. Dex
> http://www.selmer.fr/html/english/sax/perso/perso.htm#neck

I doubt it . They are a different shape.

The Yanagisawa tenor necks fit Mk VIs. I'm not sure if the bari ones are a
similar match but it may be worth looking into.

Steve M

JSAXL

Nov 10, 2003, 7:22:15 PM11/10/03
Thanks to all.

John L

P. Tung

Nov 10, 2003, 2:57:27 PM11/10/03
Karsten's necks are great - definitely talk with him about the best options
for you, given your wants & needs, if you decide to inquire with him. I own
two of his necks for my own use, & play one on my own favorite tenor.

Stephan Boesken is also making high quality baritone necks.

"Hubert Barth" <hubert...@netcologne.de> wrote in message
> [...]

JSAXL

Nov 11, 2003, 5:43:50 AM11/11/03
Going to try a copper neck from Saxquest that I found on their web site.

John L

Piotr Michalowski

Nov 11, 2003, 7:56:38 AM11/11/03
JSAXL wrote:

You might also go to the site of Roberto's Woodwinds in NY and take a
look at the wooden necks that they sell. They are not cheap, but
although I have never tried any of the other one's that have been
mentioned here, the one I got from them is a gem. The improvement in
tone and project is very noticable, uch more than I would have expected,
and I am extremely happy with it.
Piotr

JSAXL

Nov 11, 2003, 8:27:51 PM11/11/03
Thanks Piotr. I have never heard of a wood neck.I will keep that in mind if the
copper piece is not significant.

John L

Hubert Barth

Nov 12, 2003, 3:11:28 PM11/12/03
"Dexdex" <dex dex at blue win ch> wrote:

>Hallo Hubert,
>what improvements do you get from those necks. Are the 2 very different ? I
>never tried 3rd party necks on the bari sax.
>Thanks. Gruss Dex

They are only slightly different. One sounds better in one room while
the other ...
The main improvement over the stock neck was more oomph at the low end
without any shortcomings in other aspects. The whole range became much
more balanced.

Phil Barone

Nov 14, 2003, 10:49:50 PM11/14/03
John,

I make bari necks in six different finishes. I don't have them on my
site yet buut you can call me if you like at 212.686.9410. Phil Barone