Vito vs Yamaha

vse...@pipeline.com

Oct 26, 2002, 7:58:39 PM10/26/02
I read somewhere that Yamaha and Vito saxophones are essentially the
same--and manufactured by Yamaha.

Is that the case, or is there a feature that is distiguishes these two
lines?

Thanks for any input.

MrWitworth

Oct 27, 2002, 1:39:19 AM10/27/02
This is true in some instances and not in others. The only way to know
regarding a particular sax, is to know exactly what a Yamaha 23 looks like.
They are the ones that sometime wear a Vito label.

RC

Lance Hoopes

Oct 27, 2002, 8:41:08 AM10/27/02
I'm not specifically into model numbers the way some guys are, but the parts
rep from Leblanc tells me that the Vitos with a high F# key are made in
Japan (probably by Yamaha) and those with no F# are made in Taiwan. None
are made by Leblanc. Almost all the brand name student line horns are made
by someone else and most are made in Taiwan. Pino Prestini has his business
30 miles from me and gets all his horns from Taiwan. He does make all the
pads in his shop in Nogales Arizona, however. No imports there except the
workers who make them.

--
Lance Hoopes
hoo...@earthlink.net

<vse...@pipeline.com> wrote in message

Will

Oct 27, 2002, 6:37:50 PM10/27/02
"Lance Hoopes" <hoo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<U1Su9.8669$6F4.7...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

The Yamaha 23 and the Vito are the same horn. No high f# on either
horn. The logo on the bell is the only difference. The parts rep is
talking out his*** as most of them do. Ask him why they use Yamaha
parts and not Yanis'. That ought to be an interesting answer.

Dee & Jim Buchholz

Oct 30, 2002, 8:23:43 PM10/30/02
Below is not true----

" >
> The Yamaha 23 and the Vito are the same horn. No high f# on either
> horn. The logo on the bell is the only difference. The parts rep is
> talking out his*** as most of them do. Ask him why they use Yamaha
> parts and not Yanis'. That ought to be an interesting answer.
I have seen a Yamaha 23 with a Vito name on it and I have seen Vito altos
not made my Yamaha. When you know how a Yamaha 23 looks like you can tell
the difference on which were made by Yamaha.
I had a Conn trumpet once but "made in Japan"---it was made by Yamaha.

jim buchholz

Russell Schneider

Oct 31, 2002, 7:31:11 PM10/31/02
Wrong. The ones with the high F# (and lacquer keys) are from Taiwan (they
also say made in Taiwan). The ones w/out the high F# and nickel plated keys
are Yamahas (they say made in Japan). I have not (yet) seen a Taiwanese
Vito w/nickel plated keys.

BUT the Vito VSP bari is made by Yanigasawa (even has the logo on the brace
on the body to the upper branch, and has the logo on the clothes guard).
Vito sopranos are either Yanigasawa or Taiwan.

Russ

bemis23

Jul 8, 2019, 12:44:11 PM7/8/19
I have been trying hard to read up on vito vs the yamaha. We have a new player in our family. Someone is selling a vito (stamped japan on the body) that was purchased new 22 years ago and then played one school year....so it has been sitting in a vloset for 2 decade with 1 year of use. Asking $250 for it. Someone else has a yas-23 for $450. They bought it used and had it last serviced 5 years ago. What's the better one to get????