ISOLATION ROOM

Michele Rizzo

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
I search a "musician's isolation room" to play my tenor sax into.

In Italy this object is unknown, but I've seen on ``DOWN BEAT'' of
january '93 an advertisement of the "Whisper Room" by Deanna Bogart
& Chris Vadala, which i've found quite interesting.

I've would like to receive some info on vendors of such objects, and
in particular if the can sell it overseas.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TRKIRVIN

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
"The Whisper Room," 116 South Sugar Hollow Road, Morristown, Tennessee
37813, USA. Telephone: 423-585-5827. Facsimile: 423-585-5831.

Kevin May

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
I checked one out awhile back it was a 4x4 and it was around $2700, I
think???
only got brochures never actually played in it.

Geoff Chadwick

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In message <internews...@argonet.co.uk>
Steele Haughton <haug...@argonet.co.uk> writes:

> A farmer near here (Cambridge England)has bought a number of
damaged sea freight
> containers, sited them in the middle of his farm, fitted them out with
> reasonable interiors, power and air conditioning and emergency
exits and rents
> them out to sax players, drummers, primal screamers etc etc. Is
said to be doing
> good business.

I don't suppose the timing of this message has got anything to do
with the likelyhood of appearing after a midnight load on April the first?

Say, its a good idea. We were wondering what to do with the island of
Portland now the Navy has left!
--
Chad
geoff.c...@zetnet.co.uk

Bonnie J. Nicholas

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
Michele Rizzo <mic...@iet.unipi.it> wrote:

>Thanks in advance.

I have a whisper room. It's great! My advice is to buy the largest
one you can afford and have room for. I have the smallest (4X4) and
with a music stand, small table, and bar stool it gets pretty cramped
in there. Definitely not for the claustrophobic! I don't find the
ventilation system is really adequate and have to keep a small fan
inside to keep the air circulating. Be sure to get it with extra
electrical outlets and the cable feed through. I didn't and now wish
I had. Its not quite as portable or as easy to assemble as the ad
would like you to believe, but compared to the Wenger sound rooms its
simple, however you need at least two strong (and preferably tall)
people to put it up and take it down. One last thing, at the time I
bought it I lived in an apartment with low ceilings. They were able
to customize it to fit the room I put it in.

John Nicholas

benjam...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2020, 12:06:01 PM4/2/20
On Friday, March 29, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Michele Rizzo wrote:
> I search a "musician's isolation room" to play my tenor sax into.
>
> In Italy this object is unknown, but I've seen on ``DOWN BEAT'' of
> january '93 an advertisement of the "Whisper Room" by Deanna Bogart
> & Chris Vadala, which i've found quite interesting.
>
> I've would like to receive some info on vendors of such objects, and
> in particular if the can sell it overseas.
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
If you've got to be isolated...this is the place to be. I made a video of my isolation in my apartment in Quepos, Costa Rica. Stay safe and pure vida!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByBL8T6-0g&fbclid=IwAR1N3S9m7tBv-ihKpEepmEVooUFmVQOktpJnQM0HEd8sz5H9iYdMFSmvw-g