REO Speedwagon rocks my hometown!

Dan Iwerks

Apr 16, 2007, 12:36:18 PM4/16/07
You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state fair?
Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
even I feel bad.

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html
Dan Iwerks can't hear you over how awesome he is.
The fundamental problem with Solipsism is it makes me
responsible for the fact that you’re a complete idiot.

Damon Hynes

Apr 16, 2007, 1:05:23 PM4/16/07
> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
> department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
> even I feel bad.

Someone at WMT must have naked pictures of Cronin.

Handover Phist

Apr 16, 2007, 3:16:42 PM4/16/07
Dan said "REO Speedwagon rocks my hometown!"

> You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state fair?
> Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
> department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
> even I feel bad.
>
> http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html

Self esteem anyone?

--
The seven deadly sins ... Food, clothing, firing, rent, taxes,
respectability and children. Nothing can lift those seven milestones

http://www.websterscafe.com

Barf

Apr 16, 2007, 3:53:11 PM4/16/07
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:16:42 GMT, Handover Phist
<ja...@NOSPAMwebsterscafe.com> wrote:

>Dan said "REO Speedwagon rocks my hometown!"
>> You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state fair?
>> Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.
>>
>> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
>> department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
>> even I feel bad.
>>
>> http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html
>
>Self esteem anyone?

Wonder if they get discounts for being employees?

Barfolomew "I'm half man, and half dog. I'm my own best friend!"
"Now I'd like to introduce the band. Geddy, Neil. Neil, Geddy." Big Al

Max C. Webster III

Apr 16, 2007, 3:53:23 PM4/16/07
Dan Iwerks <dan_iwerks*at*yahoo.com> wrote:

> You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state fair?
> Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
> department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
> even I feel bad.
>
> http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html

So if you're tired of the
Same big costs
On cheap devices
I'll be here when you are ready
To roll back the prices.

- Max -
=======
I believe it's time for me buy . . .
As Americans we must always remember that we all
have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous,
powerful, and relentless. I refer, of course,
to the federal government. - Dave Barry

mazzaroth

Apr 16, 2007, 3:58:15 PM4/16/07
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:36:18 -0000, Dan Iwerks
<dan_iwerks*at*yahoo.com> wrote:

>You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state fair?
>Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.
>
>Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
>department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
>even I feel bad.
>
>http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html

Def Lepperd (sic) played in our city for the grand opening of a
new Wal Mart in the parking lot. This was about 5 years ago.

norborder

Apr 16, 2007, 3:59:37 PM4/16/07
"Barf" sayed:

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:16:42 GMT, Handover Phist
> <ja...@NOSPAMwebsterscafe.com> wrote:
>
>>Dan said "REO Speedwagon rocks my hometown!"
>>> You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state
>>> fair?
>>> Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.
>>>
>>> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
>>> department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band,
>>> and
>>> even I feel bad.
>>>
>>> http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html
>>
>>Self esteem anyone?

> Wonder if they get discounts for being employees?

I think they actually work at the Subway *inside* the Wal-Mart, so my guess
is no.

--
I only drink when I'm conscious.

Barf

Apr 16, 2007, 4:13:46 PM4/16/07
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:59:37 -0500, "norborder" <norb...@bite.me>
wrote:

Hey, a free sandwich is a free sandwich.

MacRushFan

Apr 16, 2007, 5:12:56 PM4/16/07
In article <Xns991475FB6BDFAd...@216.168.3.30>, Dan
Iwerks wrote:

> You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state fair?
> Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.
>
> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
> department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
> even I feel bad.
>
> http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html

They lost if after Hi-Infidelity for sure.....

Sad, early stuff was pretty decent. Particularly like Nine Lives and
Follow My Heart from the HI album....

How can u not like Golden Country and Ridin the Storm out...

norborder

Apr 16, 2007, 5:17:10 PM4/16/07
"MacRushFan" sayed:

"Keep Pushin" is a great tune as well. It was Nichel's jailhouse anthem.

Jim Geiger

Apr 16, 2007, 4:12:25 PM4/16/07
Wow.
At least we got to do a Harley dealership grand opening, last week.
That's infinitely cooler than a fucking Wal-Mart.

--

Jim Geiger is what Willis was talkin' 'bout.

Mike Smith

Apr 17, 2007, 4:19:37 PM4/17/07
MacRushFan wrote:
> In article <Xns991475FB6BDFAd...@216.168.3.30>, Dan
> Iwerks wrote:
>
>> You thought you knew when a band had hit bottom. Playing the state fair?
>> Nope. Minor league ballpark? Nope. Corporate event? Nope.
>>
>> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you REO Speedwagon. Playing the menswear
>> department at the Wal-Mart in Eagan, Minnesota. I don't like the band, and
>> even I feel bad.
>>
>> http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_096223835.html
> They lost if after Hi-Infidelity for sure.....

Damn you, I read that as "High Fidelity" and now I'm not gonna be able
to get that flick out of my head all day.

--
Mike Smith (gimme your all time top 5 AMR threads...)