SELENA TAYLOR "NEIL'S KID"!!

RUSHEAD653

Aug 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/19/97

<Picture>

August 17, 1997

Dear Fellow Rush Fans,

There are no words that can describe this horrible tragedy. After talking with ASOF staff members, we have decided the best way to show our "feelings" is to "individually" send cards and make a donation if you choose to. Please DO NOT call Anthem on this matter....that would be very much appreciated by the staff at SRO/Anthem in these very tough times. We will have an official announcement from SRO early next week.

Here is a letter which I faxed to our local radio station. If you want to do a similar thing, please copy this text and alter the radio station call letters. Our collective positive thoughts can only help. Thanks!

To: _____________ (insert your local radio station & DJ here)

(This is very timely. Please try to get this in today. Thanks so much!)

To Bear the Tragedy

On August 10, 1997 Neil Peart's only child, daughter Selena Taylor Peart was killed in a freak auto accident in Toronto. Selena was 19. This blow has shattered Neil and Jackie Peart and all members of the Peart and Rush family. Rush was in the midst of working on another studio album to quickly follow up Test for Echo. They were also working on a live album. We can only assume everything is on hold right now. A trust fund is being set up called "The Selena Tayor Foundation," as an endowment for the arts and to help young artists who need financial support. If you would like to contribute to that fund, you may contact ASOF through our web site at www.ASOF.com or call us at 815-398-1250.

In memory of Selena I am hoping _____________ (insert DJ name here), you can bend the format a bit and play the following three Rush songs:

1) Nobody's Hero (off of Counterparts)

2) Resist (off of Test for Echo)

3) Bravado (of off Roll the Bones)

...a moment of silence after Bravado please.

Thank you. We need to keep Neil and Jackie in our prayers, hearts, and thoughts.

A Show Of Fans - The International Rush Fan Club

Steve Streeter (insert your name here as a ASOF representative...)

The Toronto Star, August 18, 1997

"Rush drummer Neil Peart's 19-year-old daughter Selena Taylor died in a single-car crash on the weekend. The Toronto resident was driving her 1997 Jeep westbound on the 401 east of Cobourg at 1:20 pm Sunday when the vehicle left the highway, rolling over several times before landing in the median, Ontario Provincial Police say. They continue to investigate. The group's record company, Anthem, declined comment except to confirm the tragedy."

We are all devistated by this tragedy.

There are NO words. We weep.

Still I am,

Steve

Don't forget the RUSHLINE for updates and information on our magazine.
You can reach ASOF at 398-1250.

Don't forget to check out ASOF Positive Feedback!
We're updating it all the time. Lots of interesting tidbits and Rush notes.

EMAIL US!!!! sstreet@Net FXcorp.com

 Sincerely,

 <Picture>

Steve's Favorite sites:

|   David Cronenberg   |  The Prisoner  |

|   Uriah Heep  |

|   Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand  |

|   Cheap Trick  |

Chad's Favorite sites:

|   Ghostlalnd  |

|  finneus gauge  |

Previous letters:

A Note from Steve 08.10.96

A Note from Steve 10.02.96

A Note from Steve 08.27.96

A Note from Steve 10.15.96

A Note from Steve 09.06.96

A Note from Steve 11.12.96

A Note from Steve 09.13.96

A Note from Steve 12.13.96

A Note from Steve 01.10.97

A Note from Steve 01.28.97

A Note from Steve 02.15.97

 A Note from Steve 02.28.97

A Note from Steve 03.14.97

A Note from Steve 03.28.97

A Note from Steve 04.21.97

A Note from Steve 05.09.97

A Note from Steve 06.04.97

A Note from Steve 06.04.97

A Note from Steve 07.30.97

There are many interesting morsals within these entries. Check em out, eh?

<Picture>