Similar to "Chick Habit" ??

dexter...@gmail.com

May 2, 2007, 9:46:22 PM5/2/07
I'm trying to find a specific genre of music here, and I can't put my
finger on it. Someone save me from my ignorance!

The song "Chick Habit" by April March (http://youtube.com/watch?
v=u0fDnZEacmA), a remake of "Laissez Tomber les Filles" by France
Gall, to me, has a very "retro 1950s or 60s rockabilly pop" feeling to
it. As soon as I heard the song it reminded me of old music I've heard
before (which is not a surprise, since the original is 40 years old).
I want to call it Rockabilly, but it's much more bubblegum and really
not at all similar to Elvis' style or anything in that vein.

So, basically I need more songs that have a very similar sound and
attitude as "Chick Habit" !! The closest thing I've found so far is
"Tunnel of Love" by Wanda Jackson (good song!), but that's still sort
of way off from what I'm talking about.

Surely someone out there knows what I mean! Please point me in the
direction of particular songs, artists, or genres!

And to those who are about to flame me because I've used the wrong
terminology at some point in this post, please save the energy and
stop be so predictable... :D

Dex

Jeremy Harding

May 9, 2007, 5:28:50 PM5/9/07
Well, I can't help much but I do want to thank you. I have never heard of
April march before but love this song. A much better version is the one I
know about by The Hillbilly Moon Explosion. Listen to a snippet at
http://www.hillbillymoon.com/thealbums.html

<dexter...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Pierre Jelenc

May 14, 2007, 3:14:10 PM5/14/07
<dexter...@gmail.com> writes:

> The song "Chick Habit" by April March (http://youtube.com/watch?
> v=u0fDnZEacmA), a remake of "Laissez Tomber les Filles" by France
> Gall, to me, has a very "retro 1950s or 60s rockabilly pop" feeling to
> it. As soon as I heard the song it reminded me of old music I've heard
> before (which is not a surprise, since the original is 40 years old).
> I want to call it Rockabilly, but it's much more bubblegum and really
> not at all similar to Elvis' style or anything in that vein.

The style is known as "yé-yé" in French, if that's any help.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%C3%A9-y%C3%A9

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com

ahl.l...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2016, 12:12:23 PM4/11/16
These boots are made for walking - Nancy Sinatra
Fits that kind of song
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Holy Merry