Jerry Demar?

mart...@my-deja.com

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Can anyone tell me anything about Jerry Demar? I can't find anything
about him on the net or in any discussion groups.

Many thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Pasi Koskela

Oct 19, 2000, 1:43:01 AM10/19/00
The only thing I know is that he recorded Lover Man/Cross Eyed Alley Cat -45
and former was written by Lee Hazlewood (as Naomi Ford) in 1955. Original
version of Lover Man was cut by Jimmy Spellman on VIV Records.

<mart...@my-deja.com> kirjoitti viestissä:8sk7ea$n45$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

mart...@my-deja.com

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
In article <8sm1vg$m75$1...@tron.sci.fi>,
Thanks for the info. Is that a particularly rare record?

Pasi Koskela

Oct 20, 2000, 2:55:34 AM10/20/00
Yes, it is a rare one. It is available for $ 200 on www.recordsbymail.com
"Cross Eyed Alley Cat" was also recorded by Sanford Clark on Dot Records but
that version was never issued (until 1986). I remember that Demar was from
Phoenix, AZ and it is possibly Lee Hazlewood who produced these tracks (Ford
label was from Phoenix).

<mart...@my-deja.com> kirjoitti viestissä:8sncqp$bbp$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> In article <8sm1vg$m75$1...@tron.sci.fi>,
> "Pasi Koskela" <pkos...@saunalahti.fi> wrote:

> Thanks for the info. Is that a particularly rare record?

mart...@my-deja.com

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/23/00
In article <8soq99$mpv$1...@tron.sci.fi>,
Thanks again. I just bought a cheap repro copy. I'm mostly interested
in the B-side, which the label says was written by Leiber and Stoller
(actually it says Leider and Stoller), although the song isn't on the
songography I have of their work.

raymond.de...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 11:00:06 PM5/6/15
He was my great uncle. I know I'm 15 years late but if there's still interest I can ask my grandfather.