What Queen song would you want played at your funeral?

Tony

Sep 11, 2002, 1:14:11 AM9/11/02
What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
your funeral AND WHY ?

Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

Atreus

Sep 11, 2002, 3:57:39 AM9/11/02
Death on Two Legs seems like the obvious option. But I'll go for....

The Invisible Man cause I don't plan being present. :o)

"Tony" <sca...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

George

Sep 11, 2002, 4:19:15 AM9/11/02
These are the days of our lives...

"Tony" <sca...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

Robin

Sep 11, 2002, 7:06:46 AM9/11/02
>From: sca...@hotmail.com (Tony)

>What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
>picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
>your funeral AND WHY ?

Dear Friends. Pretty self explanitory. :)

Robin

Sue

Sep 11, 2002, 8:07:25 AM9/11/02

"Robin" <missro...@aol.com> wrote

One of Brian's rather than Queen, but I'm having 'Resurrection' played
at max volume. That should make people sit up and look over their
shoulders. ;-)

More seriously though, a lovely one that I always think would be just right
for a special someone else's send-off wouldn't be a Queen related song at
all. I'd have 'Together Alone' from the Crowded House album of the same
name. Beautiful, bittersweet song.

Sue
--
As it was, will always be
Together alone.

Wouter

Sep 11, 2002, 8:32:21 AM9/11/02
Well, my granny, now 70, wants 3 pieces,

Ave Maria - Bach/Gounod,
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER, Mr. May ;-),
Some 14-minute Adagio, G. Mahler (the composer, not that guy here)

Pretty cool. huh;-) She became a fan 'coz of me :-)

As for me, I have 3 choices, can't decide yet :-( :

1. These are the Days of Our Live,
2. Don't stop me now (hilarious effect ;-))
3. You're my best friend

Wouter

JeePee

Sep 11, 2002, 2:46:54 PM9/11/02
On 10 Sep 2002 22:14:11 -0700, sca...@hotmail.com (Tony) decided to
surprise everyone by saying:

Keep Yourself Alive came into my mind. All Dead, All Dead might've
been a good choice. In case of heart failure Sheer Heart Attack, but
since I'm not sure people know that I want to be buried instead of
cremated I chose Put Out The Fire and hope they undertand.
--
JeePee

At the end of my money, there's always a bit of month left.

Favorite boots of the moment: 1999 Revisited, Did U Miss Me, ONA Buffalo

My Prince, Queen and Nirvana pages:
bootlegs, complete live overview and other stuff (last update 05-09-2002 big update)
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/jp.pluijgers/main.html
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Susan Stansfield

Sep 11, 2002, 3:13:10 PM9/11/02

In article <20020911070646...@mb-cg.aol.com>, missro...@aol.com
(Robin) wrote:

>Dear Friends. Pretty self explanitory. :)

That's a lovely song. Almost like a little lullaby.

Susan

Darth Maul's Highlander Site:
http://pub54.ezboard.com/fdarthscommunityfrm20

Susan Stansfield

Sep 11, 2002, 3:13:09 PM9/11/02

In article <57f945d2.02091...@posting.google.com>,
sca...@hotmail.com (Tony) wrote:

"Who Wants to live Forever", of course! :-) Or maybe Brian's "Another World".

stephen braham

Sep 11, 2002, 6:47:14 PM9/11/02
Procession ,would be nice as the coffin is being carried to the grave
steve
Susan Stansfield <susie...@aol.com> wrote in message

FrehleyVanHalen

Sep 11, 2002, 9:41:54 PM9/11/02
Good choice! I never thought of that.

Sergei

Sep 11, 2002, 11:33:54 PM9/11/02
Dead On Time

But seriously I like (in the following order):
1. "Forever" (to make some cry)
2. These Are The Days Of Our Lives
3. I Want To Break Free
4. Another One Bite The Dust
5. Nevermore
6. Now I'm Here
7. Heaven For Everyone
8. Keep Yourself Alive
9. Who Needs You

Ain't it perfect funeral collection... I even think that
when the next time Queen Production will want to get
some more money from the old stuff they can release
new CD :)

Alexander Horstkotte

Sep 12, 2002, 3:24:27 AM9/12/02
sca...@hotmail.com (Tony) wrote in message news:<57f945d2.02091...@posting.google.com>...

I'd like to have a song full of energy: The Show Must Go On

Greetz, Alex.

--
www.queen-headquarters.de

jo

Sep 12, 2002, 6:02:51 AM9/12/02
Who wants to live forever

"Tony" <sca...@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
> [...]

David Bourke

Sep 12, 2002, 9:50:38 AM9/12/02

Sue svnseas...@lineone.net wrote in message

> More seriously though, a lovely one that I always think would be just
right
> for a special someone else's send-off wouldn't be a Queen related song at
> all. I'd have 'Together Alone' from the Crowded House album of the same
> name. Beautiful, bittersweet song.
>
> Sue
> --
> As it was, will always be
> Together alone.

Great song. If I recall correctly, the BBC used it back in May `94
as background music during a tribute to Ayrton Senna.

db

PS: I want something from The Who's Quadrophenia at mine.
'Love Reign O'er Me', or `Drowned', perhaps.

Paul Harris

Sep 12, 2002, 11:47:01 AM9/12/02
It's a beatiful day - respris including the 20 or so minute add on. That way
It will give people time to reflect on what a brilliant person I was and it
also lets me annoy people one last time by boring them! It's also a lot
cleaner than my previous way of doing so which was to be secretly buried
under somebody's flooboards.

"Tony" <sca...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

---

Elisa Francesca Roselli

Sep 12, 2002, 12:08:34 PM9/12/02
I vote for "Made in Heaven", both the song and the beautiful, spooky album,
full of double-entendres, to my mind one of Queen's best and certainly their
most serious.

"Tony" <sca...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news:
57f945d2.02091...@posting.google.com...

JeePee

Sep 12, 2002, 2:37:10 PM9/12/02
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:33:54 GMT, "Sergei" <msurge...@yahoo.com>

decided to surprise everyone by saying:

>Dead On Time

And instead of Greatest Hits they can call it Funeral Hits.

JJ

Sep 12, 2002, 5:06:19 PM9/12/02
Headlong

Going down the tunnel to the flamey oven!

haha

"Elisa Francesca Roselli" <e.ro...@free.fr> wrote in message

ruth

Sep 12, 2002, 5:24:11 PM9/12/02
Wouter wrote:

> Well, my granny, now 70, wants 3 pieces,
>
> Ave Maria - Bach/Gounod,
> WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER, Mr. May ;-),
> Some 14-minute Adagio, G. Mahler (the composer, not that guy here)
>
> Pretty cool. huh;-) She became a fan 'coz of me :-)

she does sound pretty cool! I'd say "Keep Yourself Alive". ;-)

--
::::~~~~rOOth~~~~::::

Stunt Potato

Sep 12, 2002, 6:18:23 PM9/12/02
Not sure about which song I would like, possible something from the
'Barcelona' album, but I would like my coffin to be carried in to the
crematorium in the style of Freddie in the I Want to Break Free video. ie:
over the heads of a dozen or so muscle-bound ballet dancers. ;-)

In fact that's not an entirely bad idea! I could have the whole middle
section re-created in the crem, with lots of dancers and dry ice. What a
send off that would be !

Jacqui

"Robin" <missro...@aol.com> wrote in message

Sue

Sep 12, 2002, 6:47:23 PM9/12/02

"Stunt Potato" <p.mi...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
<snip>

> but I would like my coffin to be carried in to the
> crematorium in the style of Freddie in the I Want to Break Free video.
> ie: over the heads of a dozen or so muscle-bound ballet dancers. ;-)
>
> In fact that's not an entirely bad idea! I could have the whole middle
> section re-created in the crem, with lots of dancers and dry ice. What a
> send off that would be !

That'd be worth coming back as a ghost just so you wouldn't miss the show!

Sue

Susan Stansfield

Sep 12, 2002, 9:48:13 PM9/12/02

In article <20020911214154...@mb-cf.aol.com>,
frehley...@aol.comnospam (FrehleyVanHalen) wrote:

I like it too.

Giovanni

Sep 14, 2002, 7:27:55 AM9/14/02

"JeePee" <jp.plu...@NOSPAMquicknet.nl> schreef in bericht

> On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:33:54 GMT, "Sergei" <msurge...@yahoo.com>
> decided to surprise everyone by saying:
>
> >Dead On Time
> >
> >But seriously I like (in the following order):
> >1. "Forever" (to make some cry)
> >2. These Are The Days Of Our Lives
> >3. I Want To Break Free
> >4. Another One Bite The Dust
> >5. Nevermore
> >6. Now I'm Here
> >7. Heaven For Everyone
> >8. Keep Yourself Alive
> >9. Who Needs You
> >
> >Ain't it perfect funeral collection... I even think that
> >when the next time Queen Production will want to get
> >some more money from the old stuff they can release
> >new CD :)
>
> And instead of Greatest Hits they can call it Funeral Hits.

And Brian and Lemmy (of Motorhead; Stone Dead Forever (I'd want that
on my funeral, just to scare everyone :^), Dead Men Tell No Tales)
doing a TV commercial (I saw the Airguitar commercial on Dutch TV
several times, these last few days).

Robert Betts

Sep 14, 2002, 10:42:20 AM9/14/02
"Save Me" would be my choice - But I guess at that stage it maybe a lil'
late

"Tony" <sca...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

---

Bill G

Sep 17, 2002, 11:03:52 AM9/17/02
Procession/Father To Son - Legacies must be passed on.

acidbrat (Belinda M. Paschal)

Sep 17, 2002, 12:28:04 PM9/17/02
>"The Loser in the End" ... just kidding. More likely one of the following:
"Dear Friends," "Don't Stop Me Now," "The Show Must Go On" or "Was it All
Worth It"
-- acidbrat

Mark Stent

Sep 17, 2002, 3:11:42 PM9/17/02
Another One Bites The Dust
...or to really confuse the relatives...
Don't Try Suicide

And the reason is that it appeals to my sick sense of humour.
Cheers,
Mark

"Bill G" <bi...@nospam.net> wrote in message

Sergei

Sep 24, 2002, 4:58:58 PM9/24/02
Then add "keep passing the open windows" to your collection :)

"Mark Stent" <ma...@mstent.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Ronald Scholman

Oct 3, 2002, 3:33:28 PM10/3/02
My choice would be one of the following:

Teo Torreate
The show must go on
Was it all worth it

Cheers,

Ronald

Wayne Middleditch

Oct 3, 2002, 4:18:28 PM10/3/02
who wants to live forever?
"Ronald Scholman" <agnes....@icu.nl> wrote in message

Max

Oct 3, 2002, 5:44:33 PM10/3/02
One Year of Love

Ted Baker

Oct 4, 2002, 10:12:36 AM10/4/02
"Max" <maxee...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:anieoi$s4o$1@nntp-stjh-01-
01.rogers.nf.net:

Another One Bites the Dust

--
Opera, the browser for hobbyists, enthusiasts and fanatics of various
stripes.

JJ

Oct 4, 2002, 10:24:56 AM10/4/02
For Jeff Archer could always play "Liar" hehe

JJ

"Ted Baker" <hock...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

W. K. Mahler

Oct 4, 2002, 4:37:16 PM10/4/02
hehehehe..

Bring Back That Leroy Brown!!!

naah
how bout

LONG AWAY!!!?:-)

WKMahler

Paul Harris

Oct 5, 2002, 7:02:37 AM10/5/02
Dead on Time!!!

"Ronald Scholman" <agnes....@icu.nl> wrote in message

---

TER...@aol.com

Jun 28, 2014, 2:44:23 AM6/28/14

I'm going for "Man on Fire" from Roger Taylor's "Strange Frontier" album.

peterh...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2015, 11:12:43 PM2/15/15
On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 6:14:11 AM UTC+1, Tony wrote:
> What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
> picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
> your funeral AND WHY ?
>
> Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

My choice would be "spread your wings" then, if you have purchased a copy of the Queen Forever album, you may have heard the instrumental version of "Who wants to live forever"!!Two tracks I have loved and love, they would be perfect for my funeral!!

hartog...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2015, 3:22:51 AM2/26/15
On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 7:14:11 AM UTC+2, Tony wrote:
> What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
> picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
> your funeral AND WHY ?
>
> Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

Innuendo.

pokeman...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2015, 5:51:15 AM6/12/15
On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 1:14:11 AM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
> What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
> picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
> your funeral AND WHY ?
>
> Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

For jokes I would play keep yourself alive and for being serious (no one but you) only the good die young

dann...@thistedskoler.dk

Apr 18, 2016, 5:31:46 AM4/18/16
Den onsdag den 11. september 2002 kl. 07.14.11 UTC+2 skrev Tony:
> What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
> picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
> your funeral AND WHY ?
>
> Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

The show must go on cause why not

analin...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2017, 10:44:39 AM1/23/17
quarta-feira, 11 de Setembro de 2002 às 06:14:11 UTC+1, Tony escreveu:
> What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
> picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
> your funeral AND WHY ?
>
> Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

After so many years, my answer is..
Queen - No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young)

And the reason it's obviously!

queenah...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2017, 1:39:52 AM4/22/17
On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 6:14:11 AM UTC+1, Tony wrote:
> What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
> picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
> your funeral AND WHY ?
>
> Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

I would go with Who Wants To Live Forever if I'm old. But if I died young, it would have to be No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young).

zacke...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2018, 12:19:56 PM12/11/18
Op woensdag 11 september 2002 07:14:11 UTC+2 schreef Tony:
> What are your most creative or wittiest serious (or even humorous)
> picks of the Queen song that you would most want to have played at
> your funeral AND WHY ?
>
> Not a very pleasant thought of course, but one worth considering.

Teo Torriatte! This is logic when hearing those lyrics!

mear...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2018, 1:05:26 AM12/18/18
"Long Away" - Do you believe in heaven, I would not care to say...