UPDATED GONG UPDATE

MykelC

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

Hello Again-
The tour seems to have finally shifted into shape with surprisingly few
changes (other than typographical).
As it seems now:

GONG SHAPESHIFTER TOUR , NORTH AMERICA

all dates in October

11,12,&13- Club D'Auteuil, Quebec City
14-Travel
15- Mama Kin's, Boston
16- Tramps, New York
17- Club Bene, Sayreville, New Jersey
18- Middle East, Philadelphia
19- Baltimore Museum Of Art, Baltimore
20- Birchmere, Arlington, Va.
21- Travel
22- Cubby Bear, Chicago
23- Seventh House- (near Detroit)
24- tba (there is a very shakey rumor of a gig in Columbus, otherwise open
for serious suggestions-what happens in Ann Arbor????)
25- Phantasy Club, Cleveland
26- Cabaret, Montreal
27- (if demand necessitates) Cabaret, Montrel

C'est tout.

A very breif tour indeed.
In view of individual commitments and a November European tour
(http://www.sonnet.co.uk/gong-gas/ ) it is quite a miracle that this tour
is happening at all. There has been some talk on the web about visiting
other parts of the country that were missed in the spring: in an ideal
world Atlanta, New Orleans, Minneapolis, Houston, Phoenix... You would
think that because the earlier tour was so incredibly successful that it
would be easy to get other venues interested, but this has not been the
case. I think booking people are waiting to see if it will work twice or
if the first tour was a curiosity. I can not stress enough how important
your input is to the expanding Gongiverse. I repeat-- BUY TICKETS EARLY
(clubs watch ticket sales carefully and worry alot), BUY AN EXTRA TICKET
FOR A RELUCTANT FRIEND (it's only money, someone told me that tix for
Neil Young last night were $40.00, Gong tix average around $15.00, you
figure it out). Spread the news GONG LIVES, we here in this cloistered
little bit of cyberspace know that this is a truly incredible bit of
music history, a band reappearing from the gone and not being some retro
tour by a band who had a hit way back when..., but there are gazillions of
people out there who would love Gong if they had ever even heard of them-
Angel's Eggs for Breakfast-Flying Teapots Over Tahiti-The Moon Is A
Mandala (when full, just add some tea)

All For Now-
Please deposit your thoughts into alt.music.planet-gong
Nirvana Manyana
Michael Clare
Banamoon O. Wayoutpost
San Francisco
myk...@earthlink.net

"World peace begins in the kitchen"

Jerry Kranitz

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

myk...@earthlink.net (MykelC) wrote:

>24- tba (there is a very shakey rumor of a gig in Columbus, otherwise open
>for serious suggestions

Who do I contact to push for the Columbus show????

--
Jerry Kranitz (jkra...@infinet.com)
ProgRock Home Page:http://www.infinet.com/~jkranitz/music/music.html

MykelC

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

> From: myk...@earthlink.net (MykelC)
> Newsgroups: alt.music.planet-gong,rec.music.progressive,alt.music.progressive
> Subject: UPDATED GONG UPDATE
> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 00:35:04 -0800
rec.music.progressive:32086 alt.music.progressive:36817

> Hello Again-
> The tour seems to have finally shifted into shape with surprisingly few
> changes (other than typographical).
> As it seems now:
>
> GONG SHAPESHIFTER TOUR , NORTH AMERICA
>
> all dates in October
>
> 11,12,&13- Club D'Auteuil, Quebec City
> 14-Travel
> 15- Mama Kin's, Boston
> 16- Tramps, New York
> 17- Club Bene, Sayreville, New Jersey
> 18- Middle East, Philadelphia
> 19- Baltimore Museum Of Art, Baltimore
> 20- Birchmere, Arlington, Va.
> 21- Travel
> 22- Cubby Bear, Chicago
> 23- Seventh House- (near Detroit)
> 24- tba (there is a very shakey rumor of a gig in Columbus, otherwise open

Michael Kelly

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96

Just wanted to add my too sense here and now. I dragged a friend to
one of the shows last year in Boston at Mama Kin. I had previously
dragged her to one of Daevids "12 Selves" shows to which she had a
mixed reaction. She had a different reaction to the full band - she
loved it! So did I but I am a biased long time fan. Anyway I was
surprised at her level of interest in the upcoming tour. We'll be
catching some show I'm sure - Montreal is looking a strong
possibility.

myk...@earthlink.net (MykelC) wrote:

>all dates in October

>C'est tout.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered!"

Number 6