Black former Fresno State football and NFL star catches his own black friend burglarizing his home.

A Monument To Democrat Social Success

Dec 8, 2016, 7:05:02 AM12/8/16
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Fresno State football wide
receiver who made it all the way to the NFL has been the victim
of a burglary in Fresno. The suspect was one of the last people
Bernard Berrian expected would rip him off.

Berrian investigated the crime on his own before turning it over
to Fresno police. The suspect was Berrian's longtime friend who
he met at Fresno State where they played football together.

Surveillance cameras inside Bernard Berrian's home show exactly
what the former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver saw after
installing extra security at his Northeast Fresno home.

"I actually watched him doing it while he was doing it," said
Berrian. "I could have actually spoke to him, I got a microphone
on there. I could have told him, I got you, while he was doing
it."

But instead, a shocked Berrian was speechless, watching the
crime unfold, by a burglar he knew, who even brought cleaning
supplies to wipe away the evidence.

"I was like, wow, he is a real professional, he takes a spray
bottle with him to wipe off fingerprints and a towel."

Just a few weeks earlier, Berrian's home was broken into twice.
Police were called in, but the trail never led to a suspect
because no fingerprints were left behind. On April 28th, Berrian
was at a barbecue and Therrian Fontenot was there too.

"It was crazy because we were all sitting around and he actually
left from where we were at to go do it," said Berrian. "Boom,
motion sensor went off, I get an email, so I click on the live
cam."

Fontenot and Berrian go way back. They connected in college on
the gridiron and ever since have remained good personal friends.
Recently Berrian had noticed Fontenot had become more
inquisitive.

"He would always call me and try to ask me where I was, make
sure I was out of town," said Berrian. "If I was home all the
time, he'd blow up other friends in the crew asking them the
same question, where's Bernard, how come he's not answering his
phone."

What was taken during the first burglaries made Berrian
determined to catch the thief.

Berrian explained, "Oh he took about, what, $30,000 cash total."

No one was ever arrested for the initial crimes due to a lack of
evidence. But Fontenot was charged with the one caught on tape.
Several weeks ago, he pleaded no contest, or guilty in a Fresno
County courtroom.

Public defender Tomas Kunder said, "He has accepted
responsibility at an early stage of the proceedings in this
case. He has shown remorse for his actions."

Berrian attended the sentencing and wrote a letter to the court
describing why the circumstances made him feel so violated.

He said, "I just wanted the judge and the court to know the
level of deceit that he went through."

Berrian feels the crime wasn't motivated by malice, but rather
Fontenots desire to live a lifestyle he couldn't afford.

"He tried to keep up with this status that he was this big
baller, playing, having a bunch of girls and had money and was
traveling everywhere," said Berrian. "But he wasn't doing that
on his own, it was other people that were putting him up."

During sentencing, the public defender told the court his client
is working toward a better life.

Kunder said, "He is currently involved in what's called NASM
Essentials of Personal Fitness Training, where he is studying to
be a personal trainer any studying in sports medicine."

The judge ordered Fontenot remanded to serve the rest of his six
month sentence. For Berrian, fair punishment didn't necessarily
have to equal jail time. But he did feel some satisfaction
watching Fontenot get handcuffed and hauled away.

Berrian explained, "I mean I hate seeing people go to jail and I
hate seeing people get locked up but he got what he had coming
to him."

http://abc30.com/news/former-fresno-state-football-and-nfl-star-
catches-his-own-friend-burglarizing-his-house/876706/