Poll: New single?

Erik Westlund

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
If Liam and Co. were to put a single from FOTL out _right now_, what
do you think it would be? Please include your 3 tracks, remember, no
longer than 20 minutes <pukes> (just kidding) :).

Mine would be:

Single: Funky Shit

1. Funky Shit
2. Climbatize
3. Diesel Power (dirtchamber remix)

Funky shit isn't exactly my favorite track, although I do like it.
It's the only track that I can see as being a single from Fat of the
Land right now. Here's why:

1. SMBU - already done :)
2. Breathe - already done :)
3. Diesel Power - This would work with the DC remix, but, with the
new single rules -- Liam would probably put the original on it and DP
DC RMX, but with only 3 tracks to work with, 2 diesel power tracks
would seem kind of cheesy IMO. DC RMX would still be on the single.
4. Funky Shit - Single material. Read above :)
5. Serial Thrilla - At one point I loved this song, but after a
while, it gets boring and irratating. Just not a single imo.
6. Mindfields - Would be my number 1 choice, but I don't see it
happening because of that "other" single...
7. Narayan - I like the track, but it would need to be cut down in
length, and if Liam chopped it up, I don't think the song would have
the same affect as it does at the current length.
8. Firestarter - ummm...
9. Climbatize - Not good for the main track. I think this because
it's just not "in your face" enough. I don't think it would be very
marketable. Although, it does deserve a spot on the single
10. Fuel my fire - "this is a prodigy track" that's the resonse I
think it would get.

comments please.

--
Erik Westlund | erik [at] abso.net
ICQ: 2854684 | http://www.abso.net/prodigy

"Don't do drugs."

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
er...@abso.netNOSPAMBITCH (Erik Westlund) wrote:

>If Liam and Co. were to put a single from FOTL out _right now_, what
>do you think it would be? Please include your 3 tracks, remember, no
>longer than 20 minutes <pukes> (just kidding) :).

<snip>

Actually, you can have more than 3 tracks - remember, CIN lets you
have 3 different tracks for 3 different formats. So that's a potential
12. However, the Prodigy (and almost every other band) only has around
4-6 different tracks on their single releases. So I won't take the
piss with using 12 different tracks...

New single: FUNKY SHIT

CD version:
FUNKY SHIT (Edit)
FUNKY SHIT (Mulder Mix) by Mulder
SMBU (Slackermax Mix) by Slacker

Vinyl version:
FUNKY SHIT
SMBU (Jonny L Mix) by Jonny L
SMBU (Slackermax Mix) by Slacker

Cassette version:
FUNKY SHIT
FUNKY SHIT (Mulder Mix) by Mulder

That's all based on existing studio material, just like Erik's
suggestion. (Except for the edit of Funky Shit, but hey, Liam could
knock that one up pretty quick.)

Other potential B-sides (real existing studio material here!):
FUEL MY FIRE (Heavy Metal Mix) by Kris Needs
DIESEL POWER (Dirtchamber Remix)
MINEFIELDS (Monkey Mafia Remix) by Monkey Mafia

>3. Diesel Power - This would work with the DC remix, but, with the
>new single rules -- Liam would probably put the original on it and DP
>DC RMX, but with only 3 tracks to work with, 2 diesel power tracks
>would seem kind of cheesy IMO. DC RMX would still be on the single.

Liam wouldn't release it (even tho it's his favourite Prodigy tune),
because Prodigy "don't do collobarations as singles".

>4. Funky Shit - Single material. Read above :)

I wholeheartedly agree.

>5. Serial Thrilla - At one point I loved this song, but after a
>while, it gets boring and irratating. Just not a single imo.

Yep, it'd be one for the teenyboppers, expecting another follow-up to
Firestarter/Breathe. Kind of people who run sites which are dumb
shrines with inaccurate information. :)

>6. Mindfields - Would be my number 1 choice, but I don't see it
>happening because of that "other" single...

Hey, nothing to stop them doing it again.

>7. Narayan - I like the track, but it would need to be cut down in
>length, and if Liam chopped it up, I don't think the song would have
>the same affect as it does at the current length.

It's too "album-y". (Great new word I just invented!)

>9. Climbatize - Not good for the main track. I think this because
>it's just not "in your face" enough. I don't think it would be very
>marketable. Although, it does deserve a spot on the single

Again, it's "album-y"! :D

>10. Fuel my fire - "this is a prodigy track" that's the resonse I
>think it would get.

Oooh, I wanna hear the Heavy Metal Mix! Gizz you lucky sod!

New? READ THE PRODIGY FAQ at www.prodge.demon.co.uk
| The biggest, busiest and best Prodigy site | pete @
| --> http://www.earthbound-network.com <-- | earthbound-network.com
| NEWS <> RADIO <> CONTACT <> CREDITS | ICQ# 6692412

Greg Bedwell

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
In article <37193c63...@news.mindspring.com>, Erik Westlund
<er...@abso.netNOSPAMBITCH> writes

>If Liam and Co. were to put a single from FOTL out _right now_, what
>do you think it would be? Please include your 3 tracks, remember, no
>longer than 20 minutes <pukes> (just kidding) :).
>
>Mine would be:
>
>Single: Funky Shit
>
>1. Funky Shit
>2. Climbatize
>3. Diesel Power (dirtchamber remix)

Well, I have already given my opinions on this, but I didn't mention B-
sides, so here goes...

1) Narayan (edit) - Almost perfection. I just hope nothing would be
lost in the edit (Please no jokes about 5mins being lost. I mean the
actual feelin gof the song IYSWIM)

2) Ghost Town (Studio Version) - If its not going on the new album, then
it should at least get released as a B-side)

3) Deisel Power (dirtchamber remix) - I would have to agree on this one.
It also fits in the whole feel of this single.

If you'd noticed, Narayan and Ghost Town are both very dark tracks, and
the ending of Ghost Town would build perfectly of the 'heaviness' of
Deisel Power, whilst Deisel Power still kept the dark feel of the
previous tracks, but with a bit more energy.

-------
Greg Bedwell
Greg <at> bedwell1 .dot. demon .dot. co .dot. uk | New to the newsgroup?
www.bedwell1.demon.co.uk | Read the FAQ :
ICQ : 13633176 | www.prodge.demon.co.uk

Andrew Lowe

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
I dunno if 'Funky Shit' really would be a potential single or not. I mean,
first of all it wouldn't get played 'cos of the sampled 'Oh my God that's
the funkyt shit!'...
There was enough trouble with Smack My Bitch Up...

If anything were to be made into a single it'd have to be 'Narayan'.
Not because it's my favourite... Just because it's a likely single IMO.
Thing is, prodigy don't have collaborations with people for A-Sides, so
that's that out of the window.

Climbatize?
I love the track, but it wouldn't pick up I don't think... It's not a
potential single I don't think... just sounds like somehting that fits
bettwe on an album - it's the lighter side of 'FOTL' - singles don't need
variation, do they? Albums do really.

Wasn't Narayan considered as single-material at one point anyway?

As for 'Mindfields', well that was going to be released, but wasn't!
<S>
Let's hope that the Chemical Brothers decide to do that to their new
single - just don't realeasde it, scrap it off the album and stick it on as
a B-Side on a DECENT single...
Well, I can only but hope...

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
"Andrew Lowe" <Al...@tesco.net> wrote:

>I dunno if 'Funky Shit' really would be a potential single or not. I mean,
>first of all it wouldn't get played 'cos of the sampled 'Oh my God that's
>the funkyt shit!'...

Didn't stop FatBoy Slim with that particular word. Didn't stop
Chunderblunder with the "piss" word.

They could always turn it into "oh my god that's the funky bit".

>There was enough trouble with Smack My Bitch Up...

Strange how Offspring (a so-called punk band) have got that word
censored in the radio version for their new single.

>If anything were to be made into a single it'd have to be 'Narayan'.

Aaaarghh!! Too album-y!

>Wasn't Narayan considered as single-material at one point anyway?

No, just some bullshit myth written in by some prats on teletext.

Greg Bedwell

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
In article <924431553.22291.0...@news.demon.co.uk>, The
Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

>>Wasn't Narayan considered as single-material at one point anyway?
>
>No, just some bullshit myth written in by some prats on teletext.

Aah. BBC1 page 561. It was someone (The God of Hellfire IIRC) that
made me think that Narayan was going to be the next single and prompted
me to write my first post to this newsgroup.

Where do these people get their information from?

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
Greg Bedwell <Look-at-my...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Wasn't Narayan considered as single-material at one point anyway?
>>No, just some bullshit myth written in by some prats on teletext.
>Aah. BBC1 page 561. It was someone (The God of Hellfire IIRC) that
>made me think that Narayan was going to be the next single and prompted
>me to write my first post to this newsgroup.
>Where do these people get their information from?

Have you read some of the crap on page 561? I wouldn't trust it at
all.

(Except for the time I was on it, naturally!)

GX9000

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
Erik Westlund <er...@abso.netNOSPAMBITCH> wrote in message

> If Liam and Co. were to put a single from FOTL out _right now_, what
> do you think it would be? Please include your 3 tracks, remember, no
> longer than 20 minutes <pukes> (just kidding) :).

If I were Liam I would release the single in the USA where there are less
fucked up single rules, and make an EP:

1 diesel power
2 funky shit
3 diesel power - dirtchamber remix
4 funky shit - jungle remix
5 narayan - instrumental (but with chanting)

> 7. Narayan - I like the track, but it would need to be cut down in
> length, and if Liam chopped it up, I don't think the song would have
> the same affect as it does at the current length.

Not true. Look at the Goa Trance remix of it on The Fat Mixes [which was
only c. 5 mins long]. It does NOT beat the original, but for what it is,
it's really good.

Mike

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk wrote:

> They could always turn it into "oh my god that's the funky bit".

Ha! Liam would never do such a thing! Well, I hope so anyway.

> Thing is, prodigy don't have collaborations with people for A-Sides, > so that's that out of the window.

I know Narayan would never make it, but it would be so cool to have it
released with the live remix or the Kula Shaker version on the A-side.

Mike

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk wrote:

> New single: FUNKY SHIT
> CD version:
> FUNKY SHIT (Edit)
> FUNKY SHIT (Mulder Mix) by Mulder
> SMBU (Slackermax Mix) by Slacker

> Vinyl version:
> FUNKY SHIT
> SMBU (Jonny L Mix) by Jonny L
> SMBU (Slackermax Mix) by Slacker

That would be quite a gip compared to the CD version IMHO.

> > >10. Fuel my fire - "this is a prodigy track" that's the resonse I
> >think it would get.
> Oooh, I wanna hear the Heavy Metal Mix! Gizz you lucky sod!

Heh, hear hear! If only there was some way...would make the most killer
EN mp3 of all time! :)

DJ Swift

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
Andrew Lowe said something like...

>I dunno if 'Funky Shit' really would be a potential single or not. I mean,
>first of all it wouldn't get played because it doesn't have any sparrows!

Well said 'Drew...

--
DJ Swift...
Skate over to my site @ http://www.widomaker.com/~wcf/

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
Mike <dal...@erols.com> wrote:

>> Oooh, I wanna hear the Heavy Metal Mix! Gizz you lucky sod!
>Heh, hear hear! If only there was some way...would make the most killer
>EN mp3 of all time! :)

He's not allowing it on the net under any circumstances. He'd be in
trouble for it.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
Mike <dal...@erols.com> wrote:

>> They could always turn it into "oh my god that's the funky bit".
>Ha! Liam would never do such a thing! Well, I hope so anyway.

Well, he let the Walmart/K-mart tracklistings for FOTL be censored,
and the Prodigy live shows on MTV US have been censored too.

>> Thing is, prodigy don't have collaborations with people for A-Sides, > so that's that out of the window.
>I know Narayan would never make it, but it would be so cool to have it
>released with the live remix or the Kula Shaker version on the A-side.

Too right, but that's a dream really.

Mike

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk wrote:

> >> Oooh, I wanna hear the Heavy Metal Mix! Gizz you lucky sod!
> >Heh, hear hear! If only there was some way...would make the most killer
> >EN mp3 of all time! :)
>
> He's not allowing it on the net under any circumstances. He'd be in
> trouble for it.

Do'oh! So is it plain & simple never going to see the light of day?
Grumph.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
Mike <dal...@erols.com> wrote:

>> >Heh, hear hear! If only there was some way...would make the most killer
>> >EN mp3 of all time! :)
>> He's not allowing it on the net under any circumstances. He'd be in
>> trouble for it.
>Do'oh! So is it plain & simple never going to see the light of day?

That's right. And when I commented "I bet that's just the tip of the
iceberg", he revealed there's 5 other tracks also left on the shelf.

>Grumph.

Grumph indeed.

Andrew Lowe

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
>>I dunno if 'Funky Shit' really would be a potential single or not. I
mean,
>>first of all it wouldn't get played 'cos of the sampled 'Oh my God that's
>>the funkyt shit!'...
>
>Didn't stop FatBoy Slim with that particular word. Didn't stop
>Chunderblunder with the "piss" word.

Kinda... I guess that FatBoy Slim's song did revolve around the sample, but
it's a hard sample to hear anyway... So censoring the 'shit' isn't really
noticed by many people. I noticed it straight away, considering the radio
edit sound different, and no-one believed me when I told them what the
proper sample was... They still don't!

>They could always turn it into "oh my god that's the funky bit".

<S>
'Great'. Next we'll have 'Change My Pitch Up, Smack My Bits Up'.

>>There was enough trouble with Smack My Bitch Up...
>
>Strange how Offspring (a so-called punk band) have got that word
>censored in the radio version for their new single.

I don't understand all of the censoring bollocks... I mean, Meredrith
Brooks released a song called 'Bitch'. She called herself a bitch in the
lyrics. She is a woman. She is referring to *all* women as bitches in that
case - I'd take that offensivly girls!
Get it banned...
<S>
You can interperet many songs in any ways - and dick-heads go a long way to
prove things...

Take 'My Name Is' by Eminem. The uncensored version is FULL of swearing -
very different version.
For those that haven't heard it, parts of it involve his teacher asking him
for sex, even tho' his teacher's a guy (That's what he chases him with a
stapler and smacks him in the face with an eraser, etc.)

Andrew Lowe

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
>Aah. BBC1 page 561. It was someone (The God of Hellfire IIRC) that
>made me think that Narayan was going to be the next single and prompted
>me to write my first post to this newsgroup.
>
>Where do these people get their information from?

Their wild imaginations - Maybe they just want their names on tele!

Andrew Lowe

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
>Well, he let the Walmart/K-mart tracklistings for FOTL be censored,
>and the Prodigy live shows on MTV US have been censored too.

That album was released 3 different times - at least there were 3 batches.
Wasn't it replasing the 'i's in 'Funky Shit' and 'Smack My Bitch Up' at
first with Prodigy ants, and then with astrikses, or am I becoming a
teletext say absolutely anything?

Andrew Lowe

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
>>I dunno if 'Funky Shit' really would be a potential single or not. I
mean,
>>first of all it wouldn't get played because it doesn't have any sparrows!
>
>Well said 'Drew...

Thanks.
<S> (OK, I've had enough of that now - It's not funny. I still hold my
point. The 'silence' at the beginning of 'Death...' has some 'weird' noises
in it if you listen with headphones and very loud. I don't wanna assume
that it's anything 'unusual'.)

Andrew Lowe

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
>> 7. Narayan - I like the track, but it would need to be cut down in
>> length, and if Liam chopped it up, I don't think the song would have
>> the same affect as it does at the current length.

I don't understand if a track HAS to be cut or not...
The Chemical Brothers released 'The Private Psychadelic Reel' as a single -
The one song is 9:21 seconds. It had 1 B-Side, and that was it. A total of
two tracks...
It was limited edition (20 000 copies) but didn't manage to be
chart-material.

Someone care to explain why?
Can't long songs be played?

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
"Andrew Lowe" <Al...@tesco.net> wrote:

The latter.

There's only 2 FOTLs. One with all the tracklistings as they should
be, and another made especially for K/Walmarts, where Bitch and Shit
have the middle letters replaced by small ant logos.

There is no asterisked version, altho the ants act like asterisks, if
you see what I mean.

The music is the same anyway.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
"Andrew Lowe" <Al...@tesco.net> wrote:

>>They could always turn it into "oh my god that's the funky bit".
><S>
>'Great'. Next we'll have 'Change My Pitch Up, Smack My Bits Up'.

"Change My Pitch Up, Pass the Ketchup" - a version jokingly invented
by the Prodigy in one interview.

"Back My Snitch Up" - some radio DJ called SMBU with this title,
obviously, tongue in cheek.

>>>There was enough trouble with Smack My Bitch Up...
>>Strange how Offspring (a so-called punk band) have got that word
>>censored in the radio version for their new single.
>I don't understand all of the censoring bollocks...

You mean "censoring b*ll*cks" :)

>I mean, Meredrith
>Brooks released a song called 'Bitch'. She called herself a bitch in the
>lyrics. She is a woman. She is referring to *all* women as bitches in that
>case - I'd take that offensivly girls!

Too damn right. But that's the two-faced-ness of Political Correctness
for ya. As for Britney Spears, that is one song where I'd love to take
the lyrics literally...

>Get it banned...

>You can interperet many songs in any ways - and dick-heads go a long way to
>prove things...

If your name's Eileen, don't go to any 80s discos - you will end up
with a massive dry-cleaning bill.

>Take 'My Name Is' by Eminem. The uncensored version is FULL of swearing -
>very different version.

Even the radio-friendly version gets up the noses of people tho. Which
is good.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
"Andrew Lowe" <Al...@tesco.net> wrote:

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LONG SONGS.

As was HEAVILY PUBLICIZED, they put in a free gift (poster, IIRC), so
that it was DELIBERATELY breaking the chart rules, so that it didn't
hit the charts.

Every fucking music paper was full of this at the time. How did you
not know that?

Mike

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk wrote:

> If your name's Eileen, don't go to any 80s discos - you will end up
> with a massive dry-cleaning bill.

Oh my God! *Groan*!

Greg Bedwell

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
In article <924470978.6747.0...@news.demon.co.uk>, The
Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

>As was HEAVILY PUBLICIZED, they put in a free gift (poster, IIRC), so
>that it was DELIBERATELY breaking the chart rules, so that it didn't
>hit the charts.

erm, didn't that Britney Spears single do that?

Then again, I did get that bit of information from p561.

DJ Swift

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk said something like...

>>'Great'. Next we'll have 'Change My Pitch Up, Smack My Bits Up'.
>
>"Change My Pitch Up, Pass the Ketchup" - a version jokingly invented
>by the Prodigy in one interview.

I like "Smack my Ketchup" from that hillarious back and forth telephone
coversation spoof that was done... "Change my Pitch up... Smack my Ketch-up!"

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
Greg Bedwell <Look-at-my...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>As was HEAVILY PUBLICIZED, they put in a free gift (poster, IIRC), so
>>that it was DELIBERATELY breaking the chart rules, so that it didn't
>>hit the charts.
>erm, didn't that Britney Spears single do that?

You can give out a free poster, but it most not be too big. (Yep, CIN
lay down specific rules about the exact size and dimensions of the
poster!). Chems deliberately made it "too big", so that it was
enilegible for the chart.

Erik Westlund

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
A little crack head named
see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk (The Real Thing -
from prodge.demon.co.uk) wrote:

>There's only 2 FOTLs. One with all the tracklistings as they should
>be, and another made especially for K/Walmarts, where Bitch and Shit
>have the middle letters replaced by small ant logos.
>
>There is no asterisked version, altho the ants act like asterisks, if
>you see what I mean.
>
>The music is the same anyway.

Really? Mine goes "Smack my Ant up!" Jk... :)
--
Erik Westlund | erik [at] abso.net
ICQ: 2854684 | http://www.abso.net/prodigy
EarthboundNet | http://www.earthbound-network.com

"Don't do drugs."

HateClowns

Apr 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/18/99
<<There's only 2 FOTLs. One with all the tracklistings as they should
be, and another made especially for K/Walmarts, where Bitch and Shit
have the middle letters replaced by small ant logos.>>

The newer copies of FOTL sold at the Wall (a mall music store) had the complete
words "Bitch" and "Shit" replaced by ants.

Robb
What the hell are you reading books for? - Homer Simpson

http://members.aol.com/rposch4628/robb.html

RAN

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>"Back My Snitch Up" - some radio DJ called SMBU with this title,
>obviously, tongue in cheek.

I'm sure that was "Scratch My Itch Up".
______________________________

=RAN (R.Nicol) EMINENT [E:UK]=
______________________________

Emi...@hyperspeed.demon.co.uk

Andrew Lowe

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
>NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LONG SONGS.
>
>As was HEAVILY PUBLICIZED, they put in a free gift (poster, IIRC), so
>that it was DELIBERATELY breaking the chart rules, so that it didn't
>hit the charts.
>
>Every fucking music paper was full of this at the time. How did you
>not know that?

Well, that's 'cos they also have the non-limited edition versions that don't
have the poster, etc. (As far as I know)

Kotta

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
The Real Thing wrote:
>>That album was released 3 different times - at least there were 3 batches.
>>Wasn't it replasing the 'i's in 'Funky Shit' and 'Smack My Bitch Up' at
>>first with Prodigy ants, and then with astrikses, or am I becoming a
>>teletext say absolutely anything?
>The latter.
>There's only 2 FOTLs. One with all the tracklistings as they should
>be, and another made especially for K/Walmarts, where Bitch and Shit
>have the middle letters replaced by small ant logos.

Yup, check it out at:
http://www.isk.kth.se/~id96_kko/fotl.htm

>There is no asterisked version, altho the ants act like asterisks, if
>you see what I mean.

Some of the Maverick promos of FOTL had asterisks or stars besides the tracknames of
Firestarter and Breathe to indicate that they were the singles previously released.
Maybe you had it confused with those Andrew.

--
kotta [at] mindless.com
http://www.isk.kth.se/~id96_kko - all good things

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
"Andrew Lowe" <Al...@tesco.net> wrote:

I think those are the imports.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
RAN <Emi...@hyperspeed.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>"Back My Snitch Up" - some radio DJ called SMBU with this title,
>>obviously, tongue in cheek.
>I'm sure that was "Scratch My Itch Up".

I'm referring to when the DJ Hype mix of SMBU was aired on some dance
station (a few months before it was commercially released on the SMBU
single). One of the PUA lot recorded this, and mp3ed it. It had the DJ
talking all over the end bit, and he said cheekily: "That was - Back
My Snitch Up...". This was available on PUA as an mp3.

You could tell by the tone of his voice that he was being joky about
it.

Gemma Bridle

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
Erik Westlund <er...@abso.netNOSPAMBITCH> writes

>>The music is the same anyway.
>Really? Mine goes "Smack my Ant up!" Jk... :)

Oh my God it's the funky ant!
--
*ME* *E-MAIL* *HOMEPAGE*
Gemma Bridle ge...@bridle1.demon.co.uk http://www.bridle1.demon.co.uk

ALL NEWBIES PLEASE READ THE PRODIGY FAQ http://www.prodge.demon.co.uk

GX9000

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
<see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LONG SONGS.
>

> As was HEAVILY PUBLICIZED, they put in a free gift (poster, IIRC), so
> that it was DELIBERATELY breaking the chart rules, so that it didn't
> hit the charts.

GOOD call! Liam should have made Narayan a single, with an even longer
remix!

Chris Boyce

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
you're also allowed to have two different cd's with the same a-side and
different b-sides. (check out the 'deeper underground' single by
jamaroqui)

unless they've changed the rules since then!

In article <924422558.24090.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,

> [...]
> shrines with inaccurate information. :)
>
> >6. Mindfields - Would be my number 1 choice, but I don't see it
> >happening because of that "other" single...
>
> Hey, nothing to stop them doing it again.

> >7. Narayan - I like the track, but it would need to be cut down in
> >length, and if Liam chopped it up, I don't think the song would have
> >the same affect as it does at the current length.
>

> It's too "album-y". (Great new word I just invented!)
>
> >9. Climbatize - Not good for the main track. I think this because
> >it's just not "in your face" enough. I don't think it would be very
> >marketable. Although, it does deserve a spot on the single
>
> Again, it's "album-y"! :D
>
> >10. Fuel my fire - "this is a prodigy track" that's the resonse I
> >think it would get.

> Oooh, I wanna hear the Heavy Metal Mix! Gizz you lucky sod!

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
the...@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Chris Boyce") wrote:

>you're also allowed to have two different cd's with the same a-side and
>different b-sides.

You don't have to have the same A-side, or two CDs. You can have
completely different tracks on all three formats. This allows for a
potential of 12 different tracks for a single entry.

>(check out the 'deeper underground' single by
>jamaroqui)

Yeah, the only Jamiroquai single I own.

>unless they've changed the rules since then!

No.

New? READ THE PRODIGY FAQ at www.prodge.demon.co.uk
| The biggest, busiest and best Prodigy site | pete @
| --> http://www.earthbound-network.com <-- | earthbound-network.com
| NEWS <> RADIO <> CONTACT <> CREDITS | ICQ# 6692412

| EN Radio - The ORIGINAL and BEST |

RAN

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>the...@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Chris Boyce") wrote:
>
>>you're also allowed to have two different cd's with the same a-side and
>>different b-sides.
>
>You don't have to have the same A-side, or two CDs. You can have
>completely different tracks on all three formats. This allows for a
>potential of 12 different tracks for a single entry.
>
>>(check out the 'deeper underground' single by
>>jamaroqui)
>
>Yeah, the only Jamiroquai single I own.
>
>>unless they've changed the rules since then!
>
>No.

You just don't listen do you Pete?

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
RAN <Emi...@hyperspeed.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>>unless they've changed the rules since then!
>>No.
>You just don't listen do you Pete?

Um?