A Prodigy Bootleg CD

JoeR75

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

A college friend of mine just recently received The Bootleg Techno Punks
from Kiss The Stone (KTS) . He says it's amazing , he is going to make me
a copy, but I can take his word for it. KTS is an unbelievable Italian
Bootleg company , I have bought a NIN boot and a PiL boot from them and
both are purely amazing. The Nine Inch Nails' boot was directly from the
soundboard. They have a website , but I can't remember the url. You
English fans should have a easier time ordering from them, you know
shipping and all.I believe their bootlegs go for $22 american , I'm not
sure of the english monetary translation . Here is the track list he
emailed me:

1. Your love
2. Voodoo love
3. Rhythm of life
4. Poison
5. Acid break / Out in space
6. The '95 vibe
7. Their law / Skylined
8. Rock'n Roll
9. No good (start the dance)
10. One love
11. Live Gabba
12. Break and enter
13. Horns of Jericho

Peter Thomas

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

>A college friend of mine just recently received The Bootleg Techno Punks
>from Kiss The Stone (KTS) . He says it's amazing , he is going to make me
>a copy, but I can take his word for it. KTS is an unbelievable Italian
>Bootleg company , I have bought a NIN boot and a PiL boot from them and

>2. Voodoo love

Eh? I don't think so! (Voodoo People!)

>6. The '95 vibe
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seems like the bootleggers never get the names right! I know what this is! I
believe it's Liam playing CJ Bolland's Museum Mix of No Good live with added
samples. What Maxim says at the beginning is "Get ready!....For The 95 Vibe!"
So these dumb-ass bootleggers actually believe that's the name of the track!

>13. Horns of Jericho

Same goes for this one, I think we all know the true name!

Having said that tho, I'd like to add my name to the list of people satisfied
with that 'company'. Their CDs are quite good quality.

PiL? You have very good taste my friend!

--
Peter Prodge. "SMAK MY BITCH UP" http://www.prodge.demon.co.uk/prodigy
100% pure Prodigy Equipment... pe...@prodge.demon.co.uk

Andy Dowling

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

Peter Thomas wrote:

> >6. The '95 vibe
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Seems like the bootleggers never get the names right! I know what this is! I
> believe it's Liam playing CJ Bolland's Museum Mix of No Good live with added
> samples. What Maxim says at the beginning is "Get ready!....For The 95 Vibe!"
> So these dumb-ass bootleggers actually believe that's the name of the track!

This is most likely the Prodigy's gig at the Point in Dublin on New
Year's Eve 1994/5. It was broadcast on 2FM live that night so the
Itialian company probably picked it up from the satellite. Maxim was
giving it loads about the '95 vibe that night and all. One of the best
Prodge gigs ever, so it was.

While on the subject of fucked-up titles, It seems that there are far
too many made-up titles of Prodigy tracks flying around (and I must
admit that I'm one of the gullible parties and actually put these names
on my pages, but I'll lose them once I have the time).

In most of the Prodigy gigs around the year (except the big Summer
festivals), they play a piece of technoey stuff, which fucking rocks.
However, many people give theses tracks titles which usually correspond
to whatever Maxim is MC'ing about on the night (these range from Kick It
In, Keep It On, Lyrical Terrorists, etc...).

Just to clear up any confusion, these tracks have NO title. They're
just in-betweeny tracks. Having said that, I wouldn't mind one on the
new album.

I feel much better now that I got that off my chest. Later :)

Andy

Peter Thomas

Feb 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/20/97

> While on the subject of fucked-up titles, It seems that there are far
>too many made-up titles of Prodigy tracks flying around (and I must
>admit that I'm one of the gullible parties and actually put these names
>on my pages, but I'll lose them once I have the time).

Ah, yes, me too. I plead guilty to making up titles, but only for the un-named
tracks!

I remember back in Christmas 95, I was sending my latest bootleg recording to
my Dutch friend. It was the 22nd December @ Brixton Academy gig...

On that tape were new unreleased tracks - Firestarter, Breathe and Molotov
Bitch. (Note for pedants: They WERE new & unreleased at the time!)

Anyway, I knew the proper name of Firestarter, as some magazines were talking
about it - "Dancer Keith now sings on a new track called 'Firestarter'". As
for Breathe, I mistakenly called it Psychosomatic, (also so did many other
bootleggers and Kerrang magazine). With Molotov Bitch, I called it 'Electronic
Punks' as a temporary name, referring to the video that it was on.

> Just to clear up any confusion, these tracks have NO title. They're
>just in-betweeny tracks. Having said that, I wouldn't mind one on the
>new album.

Many bootleggers (me included) usually call these 'beats' eg: Acid beats,
techno beats, etc. The 'beats' played by Liam after Out Of Space @ Glastonbury
95, (the one with the Eddi Grant "Living On The Front Line" reggae sample) I
decided to call it 'Ska beats', altho my friend said it would be better
calling it 'Reggae Beats' because of Eddi Grant, etc. Anyway, it sounds ska-ey
to me.

> I feel much better now that I got that off my chest. Later :)

Well, yeah, until I know what the 'official' titles are, I just stick with a
logical name.

One bootlegger has very bad hearing. He refers to 'Smak My Bitch Up' as 'Smash
The Picture'!

--
Peter Prodge. FATTEST IN THIS LAND http://www.prodge.demon.co.uk/prodigy

Markus Lasseman

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

>Well, yeah, until I know what the 'official' titles are, I just stick with a
>logical name.
That's nothing wrong about that, but what is really annoying is when
people on the net are making 'Track lists' of the new Album (The fat
of the Land - A very lame name IMHO) with tracks like 'Benny Blanco'
'Kick it in', 'That reagga tune' e.t.c.
You must be pretty stupid to actually believe that a track like 'Benny
Blanco' will be on the album. I don't know for sure but I don't think
they have ever played that song (in the same way) twice at all.
Here is what I believe will be the Tracklist.

Smack my bitch up (Under a different name according to 'Melody Maker')
Funky Shit
Firestarter
Breathe
Minefields
Fuel my fire (Not sure about this one. One rumor says it'll be the
next single. Another that it will be a B-side and not on the Album)
Blow my mind (Hot candidate a year ago, nowdays I don't know. They
have stopped playing it live. Haven't they?)
Introduce me? (I heard this track in stockholm 14 dec. It sounded as a
'real' track. What do you think? Have you heard it?)
The Kula Shaker song (They have two working titles. I can't remember
any of them, though.)

Maybe I've forgotten something. Fill in if you have something.
I read somewhere that Keith said that 9 tracks or something like that
were done. Probably the CD will have like 13 tracks or something.
The songs seems a bit shorter than on MFTJG.

This will probably NOT be on the album:
Molotov Bitch & The Trick (Lets face it. Theese are B-sides)
'Benny Blanco', 'Live beats' e.t.c (Liam is probably improvising)
We eat rhythm (Originally intended for MFTJG = dated)
Rock 'n Roll (Good live track. No good for an album)
Firestarter Insrumental, Minefields (Monkey Mafia mix) e.t.c ( Having
two versions of one song on the album is a waste of space)
Gabba a.k.a Live Gabba (No way)

Andy Dowling

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

Markus Lasseman wrote:

> That's nothing wrong about that, but what is really annoying is when
> people on the net are making 'Track lists' of the new Album (The fat
> of the Land - A very lame name IMHO) with tracks like 'Benny Blanco'
> 'Kick it in', 'That reagga tune' e.t.c.

I agree, and that's the point I'm making. These things are just churned
out in about 20 mins during Liam's coffee break :!

> Here is what I believe will be the Tracklist.
>
> Smack my bitch up (Under a different name according to 'Melody Maker')
> Funky Shit
> Firestarter
> Breathe
> Minefields
> Fuel my fire (Not sure about this one. One rumor says it'll be the
> next single. Another that it will be a B-side and not on the Album)
> Blow my mind (Hot candidate a year ago, nowdays I don't know. They
> have stopped playing it live. Haven't they?)

I agree completely so far.

> Introduce me? (I heard this track in stockholm 14 dec. It sounded as a
> 'real' track. What do you think? Have you heard it?)

I've never heard this one.

> The Kula Shaker song (They have two working titles. I can't remember
> any of them, though.)

"Your Time Has Come" and "Aum Namah Narayan"

"Diesel Power" and "Come Correct" are supposed to be two new tracks on
the album, although I've never heard of them. "Diesel Power" was
confirmed with the most recent press release from the Prodigy's
spokesman with regard to the album.

The one with Skin from Skunk Anansie was supposed to be underway too,
but I think that Liam abandoned this one, since the track was not
supposed to be going to plan.

Look out for a co-oberation with U2 sometime soon. Liam was asking Bono
for some ideas on new tracks, but since he's busy making the "Pop" album
then he hasn't the time. Bono also asked Liam to do a remix of
"Discotheque" a couple of months ago, but since Liam is pushed to get
this album out, he couldn't help Bono. Liam said that he'd like to do it
once the new album is out of the way.

Have I forgotten any tracks? I probably have, I've just been doing
phucking LISP programming for 5 hours on the trot and it's after frying
my head. :!

> This will probably NOT be on the album:

> Rock 'n Roll (Good live track. No good for an album)

Nope. This one's old but still going on the new LP as far as I know.
Liam's supposedly remixing it for the album.

> Gabba a.k.a Live Gabba (No way)

You're right, but I wish you were wrong :)

Andy

Cactus

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

In article <3315c8ee...@news.kd.qd.se>, grum...@kd.qd.se says...

>Smack my bitch up (Under a different name according to 'Melody Maker')

I hope they change the name, cause it's lame.

>Fuel my fire (Not sure about this one. One rumor says it'll be the
>next single. Another that it will be a B-side and not on the Album)

I hope for a b-side since the track isn't quite up to real Prodigy
standards, and if it's released as a single people will dismiss it
as "another Firestarter" since it has Keith on vocals again.

>Molotov Bitch & The Trick (Lets face it. Theese are B-sides)

Makes sense.

>'Benny Blanco', 'Live beats' e.t.c (Liam is probably improvising)

Makes sense.

>We eat rhythm (Originally intended for MFTJG = dated)

Makes sense. Too bad though, it's a great track.

>Rock 'n Roll (Good live track. No good for an album)

And old. Don't think it would sound right as a studio version.

>Gabba a.k.a Live Gabba (No way)

But... but... that's the one I always almost pass out on... :)

/Cactus

Peter Thomas

Feb 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/27/97

>>Well, yeah, until I know what the 'official' titles are, I just stick with a
>>logical name.
>That's nothing wrong about that, but what is really annoying is when
>people on the net are making 'Track lists' of the new Album (The fat
>of the Land - A very lame name IMHO) with tracks like 'Benny Blanco'
>'Kick it in', 'That reagga tune' e.t.c.

Hold on, Benny Blanco is the proper name AFAIK. I even have 'Benny Blanco From
The Bronx' printed on a 1995 tour t-shirt here, in the Jilted font (you know,
the techno-ish font, like PWEI's)

>You must be pretty stupid to actually believe that a track like 'Benny
>Blanco' will be on the album. I don't know for sure but I don't think
>they have ever played that song (in the same way) twice at all.

I know there are two versions. Benny Blanco MAY get to the album somehow.

>Smack my bitch up (Under a different name according to 'Melody Maker')

Smack = Smak according to those close to the band.

>Funky Shit
>Firestarter
>Breathe
>Minefields

>Fuel my fire (Not sure about this one. One rumor says it'll be the
>next single. Another that it will be a B-side and not on the Album)

When I phoned Gizz in December to congratulate him on such a cool track, he
said Liam would release it as a future b-side.

>Blow my mind (Hot candidate a year ago, nowdays I don't know. They
>have stopped playing it live. Haven't they?)

Yes, that's right...shame, as it's quite good.

>Introduce me? (I heard this track in stockholm 14 dec. It sounded as a
>'real' track. What do you think? Have you heard it?)

>The Kula Shaker song (They have two working titles. I can't remember
>any of them, though.)

One working title is 'Western Sun', altho Liam doesn't want to use this now,
seeing as Chemical Brothers (with Noel Gallagher) released a song called
'Setting Sun'.

>Maybe I've forgotten something. Fill in if you have something.

Rock N Roll? That's a guess!

>I read somewhere that Keith said that 9 tracks or something like that
>were done. Probably the CD will have like 13 tracks or something.
>The songs seems a bit shorter than on MFTJG.

>This will probably NOT be on the album:

>Molotov Bitch & The Trick (Lets face it. Theese are B-sides)

>'Benny Blanco', 'Live beats' e.t.c (Liam is probably improvising)

I think Benny Blanco will be. That's just MHO!

>We eat rhythm (Originally intended for MFTJG = dated)

I hope to see the jungle mix, but then as you say, I don't think it will be on
the next album as both mixes are so old. (Well, Rock N Roll's a 1994 track!)

>Rock 'n Roll (Good live track. No good for an album)

>Firestarter Insrumental, Minefields (Monkey Mafia mix) e.t.c ( Having
>two versions of one song on the album is a waste of space)

Damn right. The minefields mixes were intended for the Minefields single.
(Which may be the next single, going by Liam's recent hints)

>Gabba a.k.a Live Gabba (No way)

Er, sorry to disagree, but look in this week's Kerrang! It's confirmed in
there! I like it in a kind of 'Death Of The Prodigy Dancers' way.

--
Peter Prodge. the *FACT* of the land! http://www.prodge.demon.co.uk/prodigy
100% pure Prodigy in the Minefields! pe...@prodge.demon.co.uk

Refael Ackermann

Feb 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/28/97

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:34:30 -0800, Andy Dowling <adow...@iol.ie>
wrote:

>...Bono also asked Liam to do a remix of

>"Discotheque" a couple of months ago, but since Liam is pushed to get
>this album out, he couldn't help Bono. Liam said that he'd like to do it
>once the new album is out of the way.

this sould be one of the best things that will hit the dance floors
since "Out Of Space".

CyaNide

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Markus Lasseman wrote:

> Introduce me? (I heard this track in stockholm 14 dec. It sounded as a
> 'real' track. What do you think? Have you heard it?)

A friend of mine agrees with you completely. I think they played a
track wich you could hear Maxim saying something like "introduce me",
but I can´t really remember how it went...

Hiawatha

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

> >You must be pretty stupid to actually believe that a track like 'Benny
> >Blanco' will be on the album. I don't know for sure but I don't think
> >they have ever played that song (in the same way) twice at all.
>
> I know there are two versions. Benny Blanco MAY get to the album somehow.

In fact there are two versions of Benny Blanco, one very deep bassdrum
version, and one more heavy techno one, and yes, they will be on the
album!!!

> I think Benny Blanco will be. That's just MHO!

Benny Blanco is a cool track! It will definetely be on the new album!

James Atkinson

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

Markus Lasseman wrote

>This will probably NOT be on the album:
>Molotov Bitch & The Trick (Lets face it. Theese are B-sides)

Yeah! but what about Full Throttle, The Heat [The Energy], Weather
Experience & Ruff in the Jungle Bizness these were B-Sides but they were
all on their albums
--
James Atkinson

James Atkinson

Mar 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/9/97

Andy Dowling wrote
>Yeah, but The Trick and Molotov Bitch are a load of shite. Definitely
>not album material.
>
>Andy

All right then waht about The Heat [The Energy]?
--
James Atkinson