Experience era tracks in the Fat era live sets

ClenShopie

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

Just out of curiosity, as I've never seen The Prodigy live due to location and
age restrictions, would anybody know when the last time an Experience era track
was performed live? I seem to recall reading somewhere about those songs being
"rarely performed". I know that considering the songs involved in the newer
sets, Experience songs wouldn't fit very well, hence the "rarely performed"
take on the issue, but I would still like to know. Also, if the actual track(s)
were known that would be pretty interesting as well.

Just listening through some live versions of early songs and the question
crossed my mind...

-Jon

Peter Thomas

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

clens...@aol.com (ClenShopie) wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, as I've never seen The Prodigy live due to location and
>age restrictions, would anybody know when the last time an Experience era track
>was performed live?

End of 1995, judging by my bootleg collection.

>I seem to recall reading somewhere about those songs being
>"rarely performed".

You read the wrong thing. "Never performed" would be a more accurate
statement.

>I know that considering the songs involved in the newer
>sets, Experience songs wouldn't fit very well, hence the "rarely performed"
>take on the issue, but I would still like to know. Also, if the actual track(s)
>were known that would be pretty interesting as well.

At the recent London tour, the most earliest Prodigy track performed
was Full Throttle (from One Love EP/Jilted).

You won't hear Experience stuff again. (thank goodness!)

>Just listening through some live versions of early songs and the question
>crossed my mind...

That reminds me. I must stick on the live Your Love, EITP (155 and
rising), Fire (sunrise) and Out Of Space recordings onto EN sometime.

--
Disclaimer: Not an Experience-hater. Just not fond of it.
Peter Prodge...
New? READ THE PRODIGY FAQ at www.prodge.demon.co.uk

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

On Thu, 09 Apr 1998 19:03:53 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.ukSPAMSTILLSUXX
(Peter Thomas) wrote:
>>Just out of curiosity, as I've never seen The Prodigy live due to location and
>>age restrictions, would anybody know when the last time an Experience era track
>>was performed live?
>End of 1995, judging by my bootleg collection.

I'd say mid-96. The Weather Experience intro was played in Oslo
may/96..

>>I seem to recall reading somewhere about those songs being
>>"rarely performed".
>You read the wrong thing. "Never performed" would be a more accurate
>statement.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Weather Experience was played as a
breather between mosh-tracks..

>>I know that considering the songs involved in the newer
>>sets, Experience songs wouldn't fit very well, hence the "rarely performed"
>>take on the issue, but I would still like to know. Also, if the actual track(s)
>>were known that would be pretty interesting as well.
>At the recent London tour, the most earliest Prodigy track performed
>was Full Throttle (from One Love EP/Jilted).
>You won't hear Experience stuff again. (thank goodness!)

Most Experience tracks will probably never be performed live again.
(Unless Prodigy has a Come-back tour 10 years after they split up. A
'best-of'/most succesful chartwise tour like certain punk bands has
had...

So I wouldn't be surprised if portions of Weather Experience or
Hyperspeed was played live again. (I'd be surprised if they
perforformed more than 1 min. of them tho)

>Disclaimer: Not an Experience-hater. Just not fond of it.

Same here I guess. :-)

--
Thomas..
a ng-personality..

Rents

Apr 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/9/98

ClenShopie wrote in message
<199804090442...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>Just out of curiosity, as I've never seen The Prodigy live due to location
and
>age restrictions, would anybody know when the last time an Experience era
track

Age restrictions????

Oh yes! The U.S. of A., the land of opportunity, the land of 'cool' raves,
the land of rotten pseudo-democracy-fascism...

I've seen The Prodigy live in my town last year. A small town in Portugal,
with a tiny space by the river where they decided to do a festival with
Prodigy, Smashing Pumpkins, Fluke, Beck, Skunk Anansie and loads loads more.
The place was so crowded I don't know how people didn't fall into the
river... Anyway, I was one of the few lucky ones to be in the front row. I
was 18 at the time, so no restrictions for me, but the amount of kids in
there was just annoying. Also, some old-agers in the nearby buldings seemed
to be enjoying the show more than the people at the back. Anyway, what have
the Prodigy made that could justify age restrictions? Spilling beer? Or...
erm... creating a riot to the sounds of the words 'Fuck'em and their law'
when it was announced that the show would end earlier due to government
regulations... humm.... Films rated 12+ have worse things, so why do these
fascist governments complain with music gigs? Because music corrupts the
youth making it more aware of the real things, inciting youth against those
fascist systems... humm... that could be it...

--
| // -----------------------------------------------------------------
| // *don't* visit my ultrafantasticfuturisticcool website:
| // http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/7764
it'll go all wrong!
|// eds...@NOSPAM.esoterica.pt
/ ***Remove NOSPAM from e-mail address to reply.
/ -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter Thomas

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

tha...@online.no (Thomas Andreassen) wrote:
>>>Just out of curiosity, as I've never seen The Prodigy live due to location and
>>>age restrictions, would anybody know when the last time an Experience era track
>>>was performed live?
>>End of 1995, judging by my bootleg collection.
>I'd say mid-96. The Weather Experience intro was played in Oslo
>may/96..

Oh damn! Didn't know you were counting those.

In that case - August 1996. IIRC, that's when I last heard it. V97,
Chelmsford.

>>>I seem to recall reading somewhere about those songs being
>>>"rarely performed".
>>You read the wrong thing. "Never performed" would be a more accurate
>>statement.
>I wouldn't be all that surprised if Weather Experience was played as a
>breather between mosh-tracks..

Ah...but I think it was just after V97 when they decided to drop it.
(Always used as an opener for Their Law)

>>At the recent London tour, the most earliest Prodigy track performed
>>was Full Throttle (from One Love EP/Jilted).
>>You won't hear Experience stuff again. (thank goodness!)
>Most Experience tracks will probably never be performed live again.

Probably all of them.

Now, some off the top of my head:

Your Love (dropped in 1994)
Fire Sunrise (1995)
Out Of Space (1996)
EITP 155 & Rising (1994)

>(Unless Prodigy has a Come-back tour 10 years after they split up. A
>'best-of'/most succesful chartwise tour like certain punk bands has
>had...

Like almost *any* live band does! It's very unique for Prodigy as a
live act not to do much earlier stuff. Most bands still kick off on
past glories.

In the Kerrang interview, Liam said he was most proud of the singles
from VP onwards. That's probably why he discarded No Good from the
live set last year. (Can't blame him - It was getting dated)

>So I wouldn't be surprised if portions of Weather Experience or
>Hyperspeed was played live again. (I'd be surprised if they
>perforformed more than 1 min. of them tho)

I'd love to see Hyperspeed done again. My fave Exp track.
Bits of Hyperspeed were remixed into jam track stuff around 1994.

>>Disclaimer: Not an Experience-hater. Just not fond of it.
>Same here I guess. :-)

Yep. I love their 'sold out' (cough, cough) stuff. :)

>Thomas..
>a ng-personality..

Come and have dinner with us, then! :)

--
So many lurkers here...

Peter Prodge...
Did that guy from Milli Vanilli mime to his own suicide? :)
pete [at] prodge.demon.co.uk ICQ# 6692412

EARTHBOUND NETWORK down. Stay tuned for details of fixing.

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 00:16:59 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.ukSPAMSTILLSUXX
(Peter Thomas) wrote:

>>>End of 1995, judging by my bootleg collection.
>>I'd say mid-96. The Weather Experience intro was played in Oslo
>>may/96..
>Oh damn! Didn't know you were counting those.
>In that case - August 1996. IIRC, that's when I last heard it. V97,
>Chelmsford.

If you're after whole tracks I guess end 95 would be correct, but the
intro to Weather Experience is still part of the experience collection
none the less :-)

>>>You read the wrong thing. "Never performed" would be a more accurate
>>>statement.
>>I wouldn't be all that surprised if Weather Experience was played as a
>>breather between mosh-tracks..
>Ah...but I think it was just after V97 when they decided to drop it.
>(Always used as an opener for Their Law)

Full Throttle made a comeback, so a WE comeback isn't that unlikely.
Hoping for a Charly or Out of Space 'comeback' is like praying for a
miracle tho. (hmm.. maybe miracle isn't the word I'm looking for..
Disaster would be more correct I guess.)

>>>At the recent London tour, the most earliest Prodigy track performed
>>>was Full Throttle (from One Love EP/Jilted).
>>>You won't hear Experience stuff again. (thank goodness!)
>>Most Experience tracks will probably never be performed live again.
>Probably all of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if WE was played tho..

>Now, some off the top of my head:
>Your Love (dropped in 1994)
>Fire Sunrise (1995)
>Out Of Space (1996)
>EITP 155 & Rising (1994)

They played still played OUS in 96? Shiiit..

>>(Unless Prodigy has a Come-back tour 10 years after they split up. A
>>'best-of'/most succesful chartwise tour like certain punk bands has
>>had...
>Like almost *any* live band does! It's very unique for Prodigy as a
>live act not to do much earlier stuff. Most bands still kick off on
>past glories.

All live bands has a commercial comeback-tour ten years after they
break up?

>In the Kerrang interview, Liam said he was most proud of the singles
>from VP onwards. That's probably why he discarded No Good from the
>live set last year. (Can't blame him - It was getting dated)

Good move since it doesn't really fit the current Prodigy sound. It's
still a good track tho..

>>>Disclaimer: Not an Experience-hater. Just not fond of it.
>>Same here I guess. :-)
>Yep. I love their 'sold out' (cough, cough) stuff. :)

I don't like FOTL because it's soooo different from Jilted. FOTL was a
commercial move you see. They changed their sound so they could reach
the masses.. (Unlike the Experience sound lol) ;-)

>>Thomas..
>>a ng-personality..
>Come and have dinner with us, then! :)

Us? You're more than one person?

>--
>So many lurkers here...

Where? I can't see them anywhere.. (except in guestbooks on the web,
'news' pages on the web, etc. ;-)

--
Thomas..
ManU 1 - L'pool 1 (halftime)

Peter Thomas

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

tha...@online.no (Thomas Andreassen) wrote:
>>>I'd say mid-96. The Weather Experience intro was played in Oslo
>>>may/96..
>>Oh damn! Didn't know you were counting those.
>>In that case - August 1996. IIRC, that's when I last heard it. V97,
>>Chelmsford.
>If you're after whole tracks I guess end 95 would be correct, but the
>intro to Weather Experience is still part of the experience collection
>none the less :-)

Yes, very true...

>>Ah...but I think it was just after V97 when they decided to drop it.
>>(Always used as an opener for Their Law)
>Full Throttle made a comeback, so a WE comeback isn't that unlikely.

Well, just the intro, IMO.

>Hoping for a Charly or Out of Space 'comeback' is like praying for a
>miracle tho.

OOS is more likely. But, yes, the whole idea of any of them coming
back would be incredibly rare.

>(hmm.. maybe miracle isn't the word I'm looking for..
>Disaster would be more correct I guess.)

:)

>>>Most Experience tracks will probably never be performed live again.
>>Probably all of them.
>I wouldn't be surprised if WE was played tho..

As an intro, yes. But the whole thing, now that would amaze me.

>>Now, some off the top of my head:
>>Your Love (dropped in 1994)
>>Fire Sunrise (1995)
>>Out Of Space (1996)
>>EITP 155 & Rising (1994)
>They played still played OUS in 96? Shiiit..

Yep, IIRC.

>>Like almost *any* live band does! It's very unique for Prodigy as a
>>live act not to do much earlier stuff. Most bands still kick off on
>>past glories.
>All live bands has a commercial comeback-tour ten years after they
>break up?

Eh?

>>In the Kerrang interview, Liam said he was most proud of the singles
>>from VP onwards. That's probably why he discarded No Good from the
>>live set last year. (Can't blame him - It was getting dated)
>Good move since it doesn't really fit the current Prodigy sound. It's
>still a good track tho..

Kind of... gives us an excuse to invade the stage. :)

>>>Same here I guess. :-)
>>Yep. I love their 'sold out' (cough, cough) stuff. :)
>I don't like FOTL because it's soooo different from Jilted. FOTL was a
>commercial move you see. They changed their sound so they could reach
>the masses.. (Unlike the Experience sound lol) ;-)

Yes. They were so underground during Experience. No one had heard of
them. Their third single only got to number two! Yeah, number two, NOT
number one! That's like so underground.

And of course, as we all know, the less people who listen to a song,
the better it is.

:)

>>>Thomas..
>>>a ng-personality..
>>Come and have dinner with us, then! :)
>Us? You're more than one person?

Just referring to the family. You've 'met' my brother already, anyway.
:)

>>So many lurkers here...
>Where? I can't see them anywhere..

Smart ass! ;-)

>(except in guestbooks on the web,

Oooh, not the guestbooks... yuk.

>'news' pages on the web, etc. ;-)

'news' indeed.

--
Man U for the premiership.

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:50:06 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.ukSPAMSTILLSUXX
(Peter Thomas) wrote:
(Weather Experience played live.)

>>>Ah...but I think it was just after V97 when they decided to drop it.
>>>(Always used as an opener for Their Law)
>>Full Throttle made a comeback, so a WE comeback isn't that unlikely.
>Well, just the intro, IMO.

I wasn't thinking of more than the intro actually.

>>Hoping for a Charly or Out of Space 'comeback' is like praying for a
>>miracle tho.
>OOS is more likely. But, yes, the whole idea of any of them coming
>back would be incredibly rare.

IMO only OUS, Hyperspeed and Weather Experience are the only tracks
from the Experience album that has a slight chance of being played
live again. And probably only for about a min. at tops if it ever
happens.

>>>Probably all of them.
>>I wouldn't be surprised if WE was played tho..
>As an intro, yes. But the whole thing, now that would amaze me.

We agree then.
(it happened again. arrrgh.. ;-)

>>>Like almost *any* live band does! It's very unique for Prodigy as a
>>>live act not to do much earlier stuff. Most bands still kick off on
>>>past glories.
>>All live bands has a commercial comeback-tour ten years after they
>>break up?
>Eh?

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the Sex Pistols
reunion tour and Kiss 'flogging a dead horse' tour, not Metallica
playing No Remorse/Master of Puppets live etc.

>>>In the Kerrang interview, Liam said he was most proud of the singles
>>>from VP onwards. That's probably why he discarded No Good from the
>>>live set last year. (Can't blame him - It was getting dated)
>>Good move since it doesn't really fit the current Prodigy sound. It's
>>still a good track tho..
>Kind of... gives us an excuse to invade the stage. :)

So you'd like it to be played live?

>>>Yep. I love their 'sold out' (cough, cough) stuff. :)
>>I don't like FOTL because it's soooo different from Jilted. FOTL was a
>>commercial move you see. They changed their sound so they could reach
>>the masses.. (Unlike the Experience sound lol) ;-)
>Yes. They were so underground during Experience. No one had heard of
>them. Their third single only got to number two! Yeah, number two, NOT
>number one! That's like so underground.

They were as underground as Spice Girls are now. (Still wondering why
I was offered Spice Girls tickets by the ticket company today. What's
the connection between the Phoenix festival and Spice Girls? )

>And of course, as we all know, the less people who listen to a song,
>the better it is.
>:)

That's so true. We Gonna Rock is the best prodigy track ever. :-)

>>>Come and have dinner with us, then! :)
>>Us? You're more than one person?
>Just referring to the family. You've 'met' my brother already, anyway.
>:)

Okay. (but only if the dinner doesn't include any fish or eggs..:)

>>>So many lurkers here...
>>Where? I can't see them anywhere..
>Smart ass! ;-)
>>(except in guestbooks on the web,
>Oooh, not the guestbooks... yuk.

I luv you keithh!!!!!!
-
private! click to view.
-
Proodigy RULEZZ!!! Laterz.
-
Your site is the best ever. Keep it up.
-
Anybody know what's the next single?
-
private! Click to view.
-
WOW!!!THIS IS A GREAT SITE. I LOVE LIAM!!
-
private! Click to view.
-
msgs 1-8 of 44

>>'news' pages on the web, etc. ;-)
>'news' indeed.

Keith in Horror film. :-)
Inflicted - next album.

--
Thomas..

Mike Jakeman

Apr 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/10/98

In article <352e5181...@news.sn.no>, Thomas Andreassen
<tha...@online.no> writes

>On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 00:16:59 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.ukSPAMSTILLSUXX
>(Peter Thomas) wrote:
>
>Thomas..
>ManU 1 - L'pool 1 (halftime)
>Johnson injured, Owen sent off.

I din't know you were a footy fan Mr Andreassen! Man U or Liverpool?
Pete's Man U and I'm Liverpool.

Full time

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool
Johnsen 12 Owen 36
Owen sent off 40

Pretty good result for the Pool, Arsenal are closing in...

--
Mike Jakeman
New? Read the FAQ @ www.prodge.demon.co.uk/

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/11/98

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:31:36 +0100, Mike Jakeman
<ch...@jakeman.demon.co.uNOSPAMk> wrote:

>>Thomas..
>>ManU 1 - L'pool 1 (halftime)
>>Johnson injured, Owen sent off.
>I din't know you were a footy fan Mr Andreassen! Man U or Liverpool?
>Pete's Man U and I'm Liverpool.

A tie between Arsenal and ManU actually. (leaning towards ManU tho.)

--
Thomas..
I'll get a 5th Chapter promo soon. And 7" Charly. And 7" WIU.

Peter Thomas

Apr 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/11/98

>>>Full Throttle made a comeback, so a WE comeback isn't that unlikely.
>>Well, just the intro, IMO.
>I wasn't thinking of more than the intro actually.

Yep, that would make sense.

>IMO only OUS, Hyperspeed and Weather Experience are the only tracks
>from the Experience album that has a slight chance of being played
>live again. And probably only for about a min. at tops if it ever
>happens.

Troo, 'cos those are the best tracks! :)

>>>I wouldn't be surprised if WE was played tho..
>>As an intro, yes. But the whole thing, now that would amaze me.
>We agree then.
>(it happened again. arrrgh.. ;-)

I'll try not to make any more agreements with you.

Norway should be nuked. (There, that should work!) :)

>>>All live bands has a commercial comeback-tour ten years after they
>>>break up?
>>Eh?
>I was actually thinking more along the lines of the Sex Pistols
>reunion tour and Kiss 'flogging a dead horse' tour, not Metallica
>playing No Remorse/Master of Puppets live etc.

Oh, I was thinking of the Metallica analogy.

>>>Good move since it doesn't really fit the current Prodigy sound. It's
>>>still a good track tho..
>>Kind of... gives us an excuse to invade the stage. :)
>So you'd like it to be played live?

Not with the FOTL songs.

>>Yes. They were so underground during Experience. No one had heard of
>>them. Their third single only got to number two! Yeah, number two, NOT
>>number one! That's like so underground.
>They were as underground as Spice Girls are now.

And Chunderblunder. :)

>(Still wondering why
>I was offered Spice Girls tickets by the ticket company today. What's
>the connection between the Phoenix festival and Spice Girls? )

Desperation? :)

>>And of course, as we all know, the less people who listen to a song,
>>the better it is.
>>:)
>That's so true. We Gonna Rock is the best prodigy track ever. :-)

Apparently, Your Love is the best Prodigy single(*) ever, according to
readers of DJ Magazine. (Out Of Space second, EITP third)

(* = Yes, I know it's not a single.)

>>>Us? You're more than one person?
>>Just referring to the family. You've 'met' my brother already, anyway.
>>:)
>Okay. (but only if the dinner doesn't include any fish or eggs..:)

Why? Are you sort of vegan? (Like my girlfriend. Erm, *ex*-girlfriend)

>>Oooh, not the guestbooks... yuk.

>I luv you keithh!!!!!!
>private! click to view.
>Proodigy RULEZZ!!! Laterz.

>Your site is the best ever. Keep it up.

>Anybody know what's the next single?

>private! Click to view.

>WOW!!!THIS IS A GREAT SITE. I LOVE LIAM!!

>private! Click to view.
> msgs 1-8 of 44

Bloody hell! That was spot on... but let's not forget:

Liam, your site is brilliant, glad you love the internet!
Prodigy, Sash and RMB are kewl!
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET EXPERIENCE?
This is tha bomb!!!! Prodigy roolz and those who dont listen to them
can kiss my ass!!!!!!!

>>>'news' pages on the web, etc. ;-)
>>'news' indeed.
>Keith in Horror film. :-)
>Inflicted - next album.

Next single will be Narayan
No more albums ever!
Prodigy played live for the MTV Music Awards!

--
Keith is dead! :)

Dave

Apr 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/12/98

Thomas Andreassen wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

> >Now, some off the top of my head:
> >Your Love (dropped in 1994)
> >Fire Sunrise (1995)
> >Out Of Space (1996)
i'd have loved to hear this live :'(

> >EITP 155 & Rising (1994)
>
> They played still played OUS in 96? Shiiit..
someone on irc told me about a gig in finland(?) where they played a
2-and-a-half hour set, including most of fotl and jilted, and stuff from
experience. well, would be nice, but sounds kinda like b.s. to me...

> >>(Unless Prodigy has a Come-back tour 10 years after they split up. A
> >>'best-of'/most succesful chartwise tour like certain punk bands has
> >>had...

> >Like almost *any* live band does! It's very unique for Prodigy as a
> >live act not to do much earlier stuff. Most bands still kick off on
> >past glories.
>
> All live bands has a commercial comeback-tour ten years after they
> break up?
>

> >In the Kerrang interview, Liam said he was most proud of the singles

> >from VP onwards. That's probably why he discarded No Good from the
> >live set last year. (Can't blame him - It was getting dated)
>
> Good move since it doesn't really fit the current Prodigy sound. It's
> still a good track tho..

i seem to remember it being rather good live. all my memories of my
first gig (october '96) are a bit hazy tho... :)

--
dave
rock the house in...

Peter Thomas

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

Dave <xz...@geocities.com> wrote:
>> They played still played OUS in 96? Shiiit..
>someone on irc told me about a gig in finland(?) where they played a
>2-and-a-half hour set, including most of fotl and jilted, and stuff from
>experience. well, would be nice, but sounds kinda like b.s. to me...

Was this on April the 1st by any chance? :)

Anyway, Dave, if you believe that, you may wanna check the Official
Prodigy Computer Game at
http://www.prodge.demon.co.uk/prodigy/exclusive

(As mentioned on 88.7FM CIMX Windsor/Detroit Radio, so it's worth
getting!) :)

>> Good move since it doesn't really fit the current Prodigy sound. It's
>> still a good track tho..
>i seem to remember it being rather good live. all my memories of my
>first gig (october '96) are a bit hazy tho... :)

You have to stop smoking those funny smelling cigarettes, Dave. :)

--
2 and a half hour set? with Experience? Yeah, riiiiiight!

Peter Thomas

Apr 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/13/98

"Rents" <eds...@NOSPAM.esoterica.pt> wrote:

>Age restrictions????
>Oh yes! The U.S. of A., the land of opportunity, the land of 'cool' raves,
>the land of rotten pseudo-democracy-fascism...
>I've seen The Prodigy live in my town last year. A small town in Portugal,
>with a tiny space by the river where they decided to do a festival with
>Prodigy, Smashing Pumpkins, Fluke, Beck, Skunk Anansie and loads loads more.
>The place was so crowded I don't know how people didn't fall into the
>river... Anyway, I was one of the few lucky ones to be in the front row. I
>was 18 at the time, so no restrictions for me, but the amount of kids in
>there was just annoying. Also, some old-agers in the nearby buldings seemed
>to be enjoying the show more than the people at the back. Anyway, what have
>the Prodigy made that could justify age restrictions? Spilling beer? Or...
>erm... creating a riot to the sounds of the words 'Fuck'em and their law'
>when it was announced that the show would end earlier due to government
>regulations... humm.... Films rated 12+ have worse things, so why do these
>fascist governments complain with music gigs? Because music corrupts the
>youth making it more aware of the real things, inciting youth against those
>fascist systems... humm... that could be it...

...or maybe it's just down to venue licensing rules!

--
Not that I like defending the US government. Or any government...

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/14/98

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998 17:34:04 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.ukSPAMSTILLSUXX
(Peter Thomas) wrote:
>>IMO only OUS, Hyperspeed and Weather Experience are the only tracks
>>from the Experience album that has a slight chance of being played
>>live again. And probably only for about a min. at tops if it ever
>>happens.
>Troo, 'cos those are the best tracks! :)

Well except for OUS that is.

(No Good to be played Live again?)

>>>Kind of... gives us an excuse to invade the stage. :)
>>So you'd like it to be played live?
>Not with the FOTL songs.

But would you want it to be played live again?

>>(Still wondering why
>>I was offered Spice Girls tickets by the ticket company today. What's
>>the connection between the Phoenix festival and Spice Girls? )
>Desperation? :)

Eh? Both the faestival and Spice Girls are desperate? :-P

>>>And of course, as we all know, the less people who listen to a song,
>>>the better it is.
>>>:)
>>That's so true. We Gonna Rock is the best prodigy track ever. :-)
>Apparently, Your Love is the best Prodigy single(*) ever, according to
>readers of DJ Magazine. (Out Of Space second, EITP third)
>(* = Yes, I know it's not a single.)

Your Love the original?

>>>Just referring to the family. You've 'met' my brother already, anyway.
>>>:)
>>Okay. (but only if the dinner doesn't include any fish or eggs..:)
>Why? Are you sort of vegan? (Like my girlfriend. Erm, *ex*-girlfriend)

Nope, there's another reason. (Did I mention meat?)

(snip usual guestbook entries)

>Prodigy played live for the MTV Music Awards!

Technically they were right. It was live. (just not live in the way
they tried to make it appear.. or live for the MTV awards.)

--
Thomas..

Peter Thomas

Apr 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/14/98

tha...@online.no (Thomas Andreassen) wrote:

>>Troo, 'cos those are the best tracks! :)
>Well except for OUS that is.

<grins>

>(No Good to be played Live again?)
>>>So you'd like it to be played live?
>>Not with the FOTL songs.
>But would you want it to be played live again?

Hmm...stick me in a timewarp to 1995, and I'll say yes!

>>>(Still wondering why
>>>I was offered Spice Girls tickets by the ticket company today. What's
>>>the connection between the Phoenix festival and Spice Girls? )
>>Desperation? :)
>Eh? Both the faestival and Spice Girls are desperate? :-P

It's not down to the festival, I guess. It's the ticket company.

>>Apparently, Your Love is the best Prodigy single(*) ever, according to
>>readers of DJ Magazine. (Out Of Space second, EITP third)
>>(* = Yes, I know it's not a single.)
>Your Love the original?

Yep, that one.

>>>Okay. (but only if the dinner doesn't include any fish or eggs..:)
>>Why? Are you sort of vegan? (Like my girlfriend. Erm, *ex*-girlfriend)
>Nope, there's another reason. (Did I mention meat?)

You're vegetarian, aren't you? Don't worry, we're almost vegetarian
too. Altho vegans can't really be catered for, as my ex found out!
Mmm... chocolate bars...

>(snip usual guestbook entries)
>>Prodigy played live for the MTV Music Awards!
>Technically they were right. It was live. (just not live in the way
>they tried to make it appear.. or live for the MTV awards.)

MTV Director: "Okay, you lot. Beck has just come off stage, I *know*
Prodigy are due on in just 45 minutes time, but can you wait for just
3 weeks to pass, and we'll bring on the Prodigy on at 2:30am? Madonna
will introduce you, after a long-winded speech about Princess Diana.
You'll all be on global TV, you'll love it!"

--
Typical Viacom!

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/15/98

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:08:44 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.uSPAMSTILLSUXXk
(Peter Thomas) wrote:

>>>Apparently, Your Love is the best Prodigy single(*) ever, according to
>>>readers of DJ Magazine. (Out Of Space second, EITP third)
>>>(* = Yes, I know it's not a single.)
>>Your Love the original?
>Yep, that one.

It's better than the album one, but it's not that great. But why are
three Experience singles/tracks on top?

>>>Why? Are you sort of vegan? (Like my girlfriend. Erm, *ex*-girlfriend)
>>Nope, there's another reason. (Did I mention meat?)
>You're vegetarian, aren't you?

Nope. There are other reasons that makes you unable to eat certain
foods.. (and in my case it's not a personal decision either)

>Don't worry, we're almost vegetarian
>too. Altho vegans can't really be catered for, as my ex found out!
>Mmm... chocolate bars...

With gelatine?

--
Thomas..

Peter Thomas

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

>>>Your Love the original?
>>Yep, that one.
>It's better than the album one,

Definitely agreed. Even Mel C agrees! :)

>but it's not that great. But why are
>three Experience singles/tracks on top?

That's exactly what the DJ Magazine editorial questioned. Something
along the lines of: "Their second album is their best, yet all the
singles nominated here, are from their early days"

>>>Nope, there's another reason. (Did I mention meat?)
>>You're vegetarian, aren't you?
>Nope. There are other reasons that makes you unable to eat certain
>foods.. (and in my case it's not a personal decision either)

Diabetic sort of thing?

>>too. Altho vegans can't really be catered for, as my ex found out!
>>Mmm... chocolate bars...
>With gelatine?

Yeah, that's right. Altho it's more likely the dairy content she
objected to. Gelatine not so obvious.

--
"Have some raw bleeding steak, Becky" :)

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:50:34 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.uSPAMSTILLSUXXk
(Peter Thomas) wrote:
>>>Yep, that one.
>>It's better than the album one,
>Definitely agreed. Even Mel C agrees! :)

How comforting. Mel C agrees.

>>but it's not that great. But why are
>>three Experience singles/tracks on top?
>That's exactly what the DJ Magazine editorial questioned. Something
>along the lines of: "Their second album is their best, yet all the
>singles nominated here, are from their early days"

It's not that I dislike the Experience singles, but at least one or
two jilted/fotl singles should be among the top three. Even in a DJ
magazine readers poll.

It's even more strange since everybody knows that Poison is their best
single so far...

>>>You're vegetarian, aren't you?
>>Nope. There are other reasons that makes you unable to eat certain
>>foods.. (and in my case it's not a personal decision either)
>Diabetic sort of thing?

Allergic would be the correct answer.

>>>too. Altho vegans can't really be catered for, as my ex found out!
>>>Mmm... chocolate bars...
>>With gelatine?
>Yeah, that's right. Altho it's more likely the dairy content she
>objected to. Gelatine not so obvious.

What are you supposed to eat if you can't eat meat, fish, chicken,
egg, dairy products etc. ? And grass and lettuce is probably not okay
because that's animal food.
Which leaves cardboard, woodchips and water ?!

--
Thomas..

Peter Thomas

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

>>>It's better than the album one,
>>Definitely agreed. Even Mel C agrees! :)
>How comforting. Mel C agrees.

It's one of those little things in life that the Sp*ce G*rls (tm) like
to brighten up. Just take a look at that "Stop" video, the way they go
around sparkling the lives of those working-class children...

(Not that they're stage-school brats. Oh no.)

>>That's exactly what the DJ Magazine editorial questioned. Something
>>along the lines of: "Their second album is their best, yet all the
>>singles nominated here, are from their early days"
>It's not that I dislike the Experience singles, but at least one or
>two jilted/fotl singles should be among the top three.

Yep. Preferably SMBU/Poison/Breathe.

>Even in a DJ magazine readers poll.

Um, that probably explains the poor taste. (Two Sash singles did quite
well. Errrrk)

>It's even more strange since everybody knows that Poison is their best
>single so far...

...until November 1997. :-P

>>Diabetic sort of thing?
>Allergic would be the correct answer.

Just getting the food ready... <cooks up cod, tuna, omelettes and
fried eggs>

>>Yeah, that's right. Altho it's more likely the dairy content she
>>objected to. Gelatine not so obvious.
>What are you supposed to eat if you can't eat meat, fish, chicken,
>egg, dairy products etc. ?

Erm, biscuits. Stuff from the flour group. Yum yum.

>And grass and lettuce is probably not okay because that's animal food.

How about a stricter regime of vegans - ultra-vegans? These
'ultra-vegans' could ban the eating of grass and lettuce. :)

>Which leaves cardboard,

aka Shredded Wheat. :)

>woodchips

aka muesli! :)

>and water ?!

No such thing as pure water, IMO.

--
Erm... Prodigy...

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 23:00:27 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.uSPAMSTILLSUXXk
(Peter Thomas) wrote:
>>>That's exactly what the DJ Magazine editorial questioned. Something
>>>along the lines of: "Their second album is their best, yet all the
>>>singles nominated here, are from their early days"
>>It's not that I dislike the Experience singles, but at least one or
>>two jilted/fotl singles should be among the top three.
>Yep. Preferably SMBU/Poison/Breathe.

Or maybe even Voodoo People and Firestarter. But the three you've
mentioned should be inthe top three. imo.

>>Even in a DJ magazine readers poll.
>Um, that probably explains the poor taste. (Two Sash singles did quite
>well. Errrrk)

Readers polls are usually very strange.

>>It's even more strange since everybody knows that Poison is their best
>>single so far...
>...until November 1997. :-P

Nothing changed in November 97. It's still their best. (Especially
since over half of SMBU was available elsewhere. Kind of.)

--
Thomas..
Snipped alot since it's difficult to make the reply.

Peter Thomas

Apr 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/17/98

tha...@online.no (Thomas Andreassen) wrote:

>>>two jilted/fotl singles should be among the top three.
>>Yep. Preferably SMBU/Poison/Breathe.
>Or maybe even Voodoo People and Firestarter. But the three you've
>mentioned should be inthe top three. imo.

Yes. And our opinion is the right opinion! ;-)

>>>Even in a DJ magazine readers poll.
>>Um, that probably explains the poor taste. (Two Sash singles did quite
>>well. Errrrk)
>Readers polls are usually very strange.

Too right. Especially website polls. Why the fuck do people put shit
like Sash or the Shamen in?

>>>It's even more strange since everybody knows that Poison is their best
>>>single so far...
>>...until November 1997. :-P
>Nothing changed in November 97. It's still their best.

Let me remind you. Smack My Bitch Up got released in November 1997 ;-)

>(Especially since over half of SMBU was available elsewhere. Kind of.)

Eh?

>Snipped alot since it's difficult to make the reply.
>(I've hurt my shoulder and I hate typing with one hand)

Use yer feet. :)

--
eaeffffffsvgd

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 20:25:29 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.uSPAMSTILLSUXXk
(Peter Thomas) wrote:

>>>Yep. Preferably SMBU/Poison/Breathe.
>>Or maybe even Voodoo People and Firestarter. But the three you've
>>mentioned should be inthe top three. imo.
>Yes. And our opinion is the right opinion! ;-)

Well...At least my opinon is.

>>>Um, that probably explains the poor taste. (Two Sash singles did quite
>>>well. Errrrk)
>>Readers polls are usually very strange.
>Too right. Especially website polls. Why the fuck do people put shit
>like Sash or the Shamen in?

Because they like it?

>>>...until November 1997. :-P
>>Nothing changed in November 97. It's still their best.
>Let me remind you. Smack My Bitch Up got released in November 1997 ;-)

That didn't change anything. Poison is still the best.

>>(Especially since over half of SMBU was available elsewhere. Kind of.)
>Eh?

Most of No Man Army released as One Man Army. SMBU on FOTL. Most of
Head Rock Dub as Mindfields. Kind of.

--
Thomas..

Bruno Afonso

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 19:57:53 GMT, tha...@online.no (Thomas Andreassen)
wrote:

>>>It's better than the album one,
>>Definitely agreed. Even Mel C agrees! :)
>
>How comforting. Mel C agrees.

I found the perfect site for Spice Girls haters the other day:
http://www.urban75.com/Punch/spicebelt.html
You need Shockwave to run the little game.

Peter Thomas

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

tha...@online.no (Thomas Andreassen) wrote:
>>>Or maybe even Voodoo People and Firestarter. But the three you've
>>>mentioned should be inthe top three. imo.
>>Yes. And our opinion is the right opinion! ;-)
>Well...At least my opinon is.

Grrr...

>>>Readers polls are usually very strange.
>>Too right. Especially website polls. Why the fuck do people put shit
>>like Sash or the Shamen in?
>Because they like it?

So why do they like it?

>>>Nothing changed in November 97. It's still their best.
>>Let me remind you. Smack My Bitch Up got released in November 1997 ;-)
>That didn't change anything. Poison is still the best.

They were a crap US rock band! ;-P

>>>(Especially since over half of SMBU was available elsewhere. Kind of.)
>>Eh?
>Most of No Man Army released as One Man Army. SMBU on FOTL. Most of
>Head Rock Dub as Mindfields. Kind of.

Ah! ISWYM.

--
IE4 is all hype...

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:24:58 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.uSPAMSTILLSUXXk
(Peter Thomas) wrote:

>>>Yes. And our opinion is the right opinion! ;-)
>>Well...At least my opinon is.
>Grrr...

hehe.. it's troo. I'm right, you're wrong. (/big ego mode off)

>>>Too right. Especially website polls. Why the fuck do people put shit
>>>like Sash or the Shamen in?
>>Because they like it?
>So why do they like it?

Because other people like it?

>>>Let me remind you. Smack My Bitch Up got released in November 1997 ;-)
>>That didn't change anything. Poison is still the best.
>They were a crap US rock band! ;-P

SMBU was a cheap,quick way to get publicity in the media. :-P

>>>Eh?
>>Most of No Man Army released as One Man Army. SMBU on FOTL. Most of
>>Head Rock Dub as Mindfields. Kind of.
>Ah! ISWYM.

And you still think it's the best single?

--
Thomas..

Peter Thomas

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

>>>Well...At least my opinon is.
>>Grrr...
>hehe.. it's troo. I'm right, you're wrong. (/big ego mode off)

<looks at headers>

Strange, I thought Thomas had moved over to AOL for a moment there ;-)

>>>Because they like it?
>>So why do they like it?
>Because other people like it?

Ugh... I cannot imagine that!

>>>That didn't change anything. Poison is still the best.
>>They were a crap US rock band! ;-P
>SMBU was a cheap,quick way to get publicity in the media. :-P

But of course. That's why Liam and co were all over the media when
SMBU came out. During Firestarter and Breathe, you couldn't find them
anywhere! ;-)

>>>Most of No Man Army released as One Man Army. SMBU on FOTL. Most of
>>>Head Rock Dub as Mindfields. Kind of.
>>Ah! ISWYM.
>And you still think it's the best single?

Hey, I'm counting the first track, not the b-sides.

--
The anti-anti-christ? (See sig) :)
Peter Prodge...

pete [at] prodge.demon.co.uk ICQ# 6692412

EARTHBOUND NETWORK: Rises this week!

Thomas Andreassen

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:35:49 GMT, pe...@prodge.demon.co.uSPAMSTILLSUXXk
(Peter Thomas) wrote:
>>>Grrr...
>>hehe.. it's troo. I'm right, you're wrong. (/big ego mode off)
><looks at headers>
>Strange, I thought Thomas had moved over to AOL for a moment there ;-)

Hey! That header was intentional.. It was as accurate as most
newspaper headlines.

>>>So why do they like it?
>>Because other people like it?
>Ugh... I cannot imagine that!

Okay..maybe people like it because they think other people like it,
but don't really like it and listens to other kinds of music when
they're alone? </conspiration mode off>

>>>They were a crap US rock band! ;-P
>>SMBU was a cheap,quick way to get publicity in the media. :-P
>But of course. That's why Liam and co were all over the media when
>SMBU came out. During Firestarter and Breathe, you couldn't find them
>anywhere! ;-)

That's true. They were underground until that firestarter record.

>>>Ah! ISWYM.
>>And you still think it's the best single?
>Hey, I'm counting the first track, not the b-sides.

The SMBU(edit) leaves a bit to be desired, the Full vinyl version is
the same as the album version. It's a good track tho. Poison is much
better. (But that is my opinion, you might have another perspective on
the matter)

--
Thomas..

Peter Thomas

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

tha...@online.no (Thomas Andreassen) wrote:

>>>Because other people like it?
>>Ugh... I cannot imagine that!
>Okay..maybe people like it because they think other people like it,
>but don't really like it and listens to other kinds of music when
>they're alone? </conspiration mode off>

Good one!

>That's true. They were underground until that firestarter record.

>>>And you still think it's the best single?
>>Hey, I'm counting the first track, not the b-sides.
>The SMBU(edit) leaves a bit to be desired, the Full vinyl version is
>the same as the album version. It's a good track tho.

Um, what did you expect from an edit? They didn't leave any important
bits out.

>Poison is much better.

Very close.

>(But that is my opinion, you might have another perspective on
>the matter)

Your opinions are wrong. ;-)

--
Newspaper boss. :)