B sides

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
Does anyone have a complete list of Prodge B sides? Is it /possible/ to
compile one if there isn't? I'm not too interested in remixes and live
performances (they all sound like Keith screaming "RHYTHM RESPONSE" to me
:) ), so that narrows it down a bit.
I'm pretty sure this isn't on the FAQ, but I'll double check.... nope.
- DH

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
David Hall <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> sez :

OK, B-Side list with remixes, mixes and lives ommited. These are the
British singles. I dunno the others. There are singles missing, but
that's cos they don't contain any B-Side originals.

I hope this is read-able on your news prog :).

B-SIDES | SINGLES
~~~~~~~ | ~~~~~~~
________________________________|_______________________________________
We Gonna Rock |
Everybody In The Place | What Evil Lurks (EP)
Android |
________________________________|_______________________________________
Pandemonium |
Your Love (original excursion) | Charly
________________________________|_______________________________________
Crazy Man |
G-Force | Everybody In The Place (fg rmx)
________________________________|_______________________________________
We Are The Ruffest | Wind It Up (rewound)
________________________________|_______________________________________
Rhythm Of Life |
Full Throtle | One Love
________________________________|_______________________________________
Scienide | Poison
________________________________|_______________________________________
Molotov Bitch | Firestarter
________________________________|_______________________________________
The Trick | Breathe
________________________________|_______________________________________
No Man Army | Smack My Bitch Up
________________________________|_______________________________________
______________________________________
RAN (R.Nicol) EMINENT UK

Eminent @ hyperspeed . demon . co . uk
______________________________________

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
> OK, B-Side list with remixes, mixes and lives ommited. These are the
> British singles. I dunno the others. There are singles missing, but
> that's cos they don't contain any B-Side originals.
>
> I hope this is read-able on your news prog :).

It came out like this - pretty readable(ish) :) Thanks for your help
- DH

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk
<see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> "David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have a complete list of Prodge B sides?
>
> FAQ.

Groan. Thanks Pete. Knew I could rely on you... :O)

> >Is it /possible/ to
> >compile one if there isn't? I'm not too interested in remixes and live
> >performances (they all sound like Keith screaming "RHYTHM RESPONSE" to me
> >:) ), so that narrows it down a bit.
> >I'm pretty sure this isn't on the FAQ, but I'll double check.... nope.
>

> Er, check the FAQ... (don't pretend to check the FAQ)

Its not in the alt.books.robert-rankin FAQ - that was the one /I/ was
checking....

No flames pls, I won't reply to any more.

Erik Westlund

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
A cool guy named see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk

(The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk) wrote:

>>Is it /possible/ to
>>compile one if there isn't? I'm not too interested in remixes and live
>>performances (they all sound like Keith screaming "RHYTHM RESPONSE" to me
>>:) ), so that narrows it down a bit.
>>I'm pretty sure this isn't on the FAQ, but I'll double check.... nope.
>
>Er, check the FAQ... (don't pretend to check the FAQ)

Or read RAN's post for an immediate answer and then read the FAQ.
--
Erik Westlund | erik [at] abso.net
ICQ: 2854684 | http://www.abso.net/prodigy

"There's more Prodigy related posts in alt.test" -Steff

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99

New? READ THE PRODIGY FAQ at www.prodge.demon.co.uk
| The biggest, busiest and best Prodigy site | pete @
| --> http://www.earthbound-network.com <-- | prodge . demon . co.uk
| NEWS <> FILES <> CONTACT <> CREDITS | ICQ# 6692412

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
> Or read RAN's post for an immediate answer and then read the FAQ.

The FAQ's all very well, but it didn't tell me anything I didn't already
know about the B sides. I wondered if there were any rarer ones that
/weren't/ in the FAQ.

By the way, is that Benny Blanco (I think thats what its called) mix thing a
"proper" Prodigy track? If so, that's one B side, at least, thats not on the
FAQ....

DH

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
erik...@POSTERabso.net (Erik Westlund) wrote:

>>>I'm pretty sure this isn't on the FAQ, but I'll double check.... nope.
>>Er, check the FAQ... (don't pretend to check the FAQ)

>Or read RAN's post for an immediate answer and then read the FAQ.

Er, read RAN's post for incomplete answers?
(Just how many were missing? I lost count!)

Proof that a FAQ pointer was needed in the first place.

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
David Hall <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> sez :

>> Or read RAN's post for an immediate answer and then read the FAQ.
>
>The FAQ's all very well, but it didn't tell me anything I didn't already
>know about the B sides. I wondered if there were any rarer ones that
>/weren't/ in the FAQ.
>
>By the way, is that Benny Blanco (I think thats what its called) mix thing a
>"proper" Prodigy track? If so, that's one B side, at least, thats not on the
>FAQ....
>
>DH

That's just a live track. Never released. In b-side form or any other
form.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> >Does anyone have a complete list of Prodge B sides?
>> FAQ.

>Groan. Thanks Pete. Knew I could rely on you... :O)

Yes, for a COMPLETE list of B-sides on Prodigy singles, you certainly
could. No-one else in this thread did such a thing.

This is why I point people towards the Prodigy FAQ - to save the
bother of someone else writing incomplete answers.

>> >Is it /possible/ to
>> >compile one if there isn't? I'm not too interested in remixes and live
>> >performances (they all sound like Keith screaming "RHYTHM RESPONSE" to me
>> >:) ), so that narrows it down a bit.

>> >I'm pretty sure this isn't on the FAQ, but I'll double check.... nope.
>> Er, check the FAQ... (don't pretend to check the FAQ)

>Its not in the alt.books.robert-rankin FAQ - that was the one /I/ was
>checking....

Very clever.

Erik Westlund

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
A cool guy named see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk

>>>Er, check the FAQ... (don't pretend to check the FAQ)

>>Or read RAN's post for an immediate answer and then read the FAQ.
>

>Er, read RAN's post for incomplete answers?
>(Just how many were missing? I lost count!)
>
>Proof that a FAQ pointer was needed in the first place.

I gave an FAQ pointer. The problem about the FAQ is it doesn't
specifially mention the b sides... just the tracks on the record.

I mentioned both to him for the fact that RAN's list may be
incomplete. You can calm down now.

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>Er, read RAN's post for incomplete answers?
>(Just how many were missing? I lost count!)

>Proof that a FAQ pointer was needed in the first place.

I did do it from memory. I'm trying to think what I've missed, but the
only things I can think you may mean are:

Other mixes/remixes of the A side
Other mixes/remixes of an Album track and
Live recordings

which he asked to be ommited.

I think I spelt Throttle wrong, though.

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
Erik Westlund <erik...@POSTERabso.net> sez :

>A cool guy named see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk

>>>Or read RAN's post for an immediate answer and then read the FAQ.
>>
>>Er, read RAN's post for incomplete answers?
>>(Just how many were missing? I lost count!)
>>
>>Proof that a FAQ pointer was needed in the first place.
>
>I gave an FAQ pointer. The problem about the FAQ is it doesn't
>specifially mention the b sides... just the tracks on the record.
>
>I mentioned both to him for the fact that RAN's list may be
>incomplete. You can calm down now.
Sorry,

Rip Up The Sound System Everybody In The Place (fs rmx)
(vinyl only)

Forgot that one. I think that's it.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> Or read RAN's post for an immediate answer and then read the FAQ.

>The FAQ's all very well, but it didn't tell me anything I didn't already

>know about the B sides.

In that case, why did you ask for a list of B-sides?

>I wondered if there were any rarer ones that
>/weren't/ in the FAQ.

Why didn't you ask for that then?

>By the way, is that Benny Blanco (I think thats what its called) mix thing a
>"proper" Prodigy track?

It's a live Prodigy track that does exist. I'm not sure what
"proper"ness you're looking for.

>If so, that's one B side, at least, thats not on the FAQ....

It's not a b-side, or anything. It's not on any official Prodigy
record at all.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
erik...@POSTERabso.net (Erik Westlund) wrote:

>>Proof that a FAQ pointer was needed in the first place.
>I gave an FAQ pointer. The problem about the FAQ is it doesn't
>specifially mention the b sides... just the tracks on the record.

You can work out what the B-sides are, if you have common-sense...

>I mentioned both to him for the fact that RAN's list may be
>incomplete.

So RAN should have just given him a FAQ pointer.

>You can calm down now.

So can you.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>Sorry,

>Rip Up The Sound System Everybody In The Place (fs rmx)
> (vinyl only)
>Forgot that one. I think that's it.

Far from it!

You missed many more.

(BTW - Rip Up The Sound System has been out on CD)

Mike

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk wrote:
(vinyl only)
> >Forgot that one. I think that's it.

> Far from it!

> You missed many more.

Tell us how many he missed. Go on, post a list of all the B-sides.
According to your own mother-fucking FAQ, the B-sides are:

We Gonna Rock
Android
Everybody in the Place

Pandemonium
Your Love

G-Force
Crazy Man
Rip Up the Sound System

We Are the Ruffest

Rythm of Life
Full Throttle

Scienide

The Trick

RAN has covered all these! You are wrong!

> (BTW - Rip Up The Sound System has been out on CD)

Great way to defend your original point.

--
Mike ICQ: 30533146 dal...@erols.com

Fuck all....

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>Far from it!
>
>You missed many more.
>

>(BTW - Rip Up The Sound System has been out on CD)

Well it's not on mine. I got the British copy. Dunno if there was a
re-print or something.

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
>>I mentioned both to him for the fact that RAN's list may be
>>incomplete.
>
>So RAN should have just given him a FAQ pointer.

Oh for god sake all I did was answer the fucking question.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>Far from it!
>>You missed many more.

I retract this statement, and apologize for making it. You missed only
one, as far as I can see.

>>(BTW - Rip Up The Sound System has been out on CD)
>Well it's not on mine. I got the British copy.

Same here, it's not on mine either.

>Dunno if there was a re-print or something.

Story is...

XL brought out a 5-track version of EITP (as listed in the FAQ) on CD,
they then realised that it may not be illegible for the charts, IIRC,
so they chopped 'Rip Up...' from it.

So these early EITP CDs are very rare and coveted!

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
Mike <mi...@nospam.com> sez :

>We Gonna Rock
>Android
>Everybody in the Place
>
>Pandemonium
>Your Love
>
>G-Force
>Crazy Man
>Rip Up the Sound System
>
>We Are the Ruffest
>
>Rythm of Life
>Full Throttle
>
>Scienide
>
>The Trick
>
>RAN has covered all these! You are wrong!

Cheers. Pete's right though. I don't know how or why, but somehow he's
always 'right'. Or maybe he just says he is to look big.

ProdigyUk1

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
>Oh for god sake all I did was answer the fucking question.

Well thats basically all you have to do in here anymore or respond to start a
flame war.. You get 20 posts on how you should have read the FAQ, then another
20 posts on how the FAQ is Fucked up..

Hello Welcome to Alt.discuss.flame.
Visit the biggest, busiest and best Prodigy bootleg page below;
http://www.angelfire.com/tn/LandofTheFat

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
I hate to reply, cos I know what will happen, but...

> >> FAQ.
> >Groan. Thanks Pete. Knew I could rely on you... :O)
>
> Yes, for a COMPLETE list of B-sides on Prodigy singles, you certainly
> could. No-one else in this thread did such a thing.

OK then. Fire away. All the B Sides, and the demo trax - basically
everything that's not Live, or a remix.

> This is why I point people towards the Prodigy FAQ - to save the
> bother of someone else writing incomplete answers.

> >> Er, check the FAQ... (don't pretend to check the FAQ)

> >Its not in the alt.books.robert-rankin FAQ - that was the one /I/ was
> >checking....
> Very clever.

Sarcasm is so hard to detect on the net. Are you serious?

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
> >By the way, is that Benny Blanco (I think thats what its called) mix
thing a
> >"proper" Prodigy track?
>
> It's a live Prodigy track that does exist. I'm not sure what
> "proper"ness you're looking for.

Being by the Prodigy

> >If so, that's one B side, at least, thats not on the FAQ....
>
> It's not a b-side, or anything. It's not on any official Prodigy
> record at all.

OK. How many other of these tracks are there? Or at least, give me a list of
some of them :)

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> >By the way, is that Benny Blanco (I think thats what its called) mix
>thing a
>> >"proper" Prodigy track?
>> It's a live Prodigy track that does exist. I'm not sure what
>> "proper"ness you're looking for.
>Being by the Prodigy

Benny Blanco is indeed by the Prodigy.

>> >If so, that's one B side, at least, thats not on the FAQ....
>> It's not a b-side, or anything. It's not on any official Prodigy
>> record at all.
>OK. How many other of these tracks are there?

These live-only tracks? Absolutely loads! Probably around 20 of these
little gems.

>Or at least, give me a list of
>some of them :)

Right, here's an incomplete list. Some names used aren't neccessarily
the 'official' names (usually because there are no official names for
them!):

Benny Blanco
Benny Blanco (Remix)
Break And Enter (punk version)
Break And Enter (Vocal mix)
Break And Enter (metal version)
Brown
Claustrophobic Sting (beta version)
Diesel Power (without verses)
Ghost Town
Now Hear Dis
Ride The Rhythm
Rock N Roll
Rock N Roll (98 version)
Serial Thrilla (beta version)
Speedway (breakbeat version)
SMBU (beta version)
Voodoo People (Prodigy Remix of Chemical Brothers Remix)

RAN

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
>I retract this statement, and apologize for making it. You missed only
>one, as far as I can see.

Oh no prblem, thank you BTW. Is this one I missed 'Rip' or are you
talking about GOA? Cos GOA's a mix of the Heat. That was my
justification for leaving it out.

>Same here, it's not on mine either.

>Story is...

>XL brought out a 5-track version of EITP (as listed in the FAQ) on CD,
>they then realised that it may not be illegible for the charts, IIRC,
>so they chopped 'Rip Up...' from it.

>So these early EITP CDs are very rare and coveted!

How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99

RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote in message

> The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
> ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
> >>I mentioned both to him for the fact that RAN's list may be
> >>incomplete.
> >
> >So RAN should have just given him a FAQ pointer.
>
> Oh for god sake all I did was answer the fucking question.

Exactly. And I didn't even try to take the piss out of PT for doing the
"read the FAQ" thing. Thanks RAN for not referring me to the FAQ anyway, but
I'd better remember that in future if I want Prodigy info I can't ask the NG
for it and get away without starting a flame war.
- DH

Kotta

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
RAN wrote...

> How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?

Different (better in this case) laws.

--
ko...@mindless.com
http://www.isk.kth.se/~id96_kko

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
> Right, here's an incomplete list. Some names used aren't neccessarily
> the 'official' names (usually because there are no official names for
> them!):
>
> Benny Blanco
> Benny Blanco (Remix)
> Break And Enter (punk version)
> Break And Enter (Vocal mix)
> Break And Enter (metal version)
> Brown
> Claustrophobic Sting (beta version)
> Diesel Power (without verses)
> Ghost Town
> Now Hear Dis
> Ride The Rhythm
> Rock N Roll
> Rock N Roll (98 version)
> Serial Thrilla (beta version)
> Speedway (breakbeat version)
> SMBU (beta version)
> Voodoo People (Prodigy Remix of Chemical Brothers Remix)

Thanks Pete. This is helpful :)

David Hall

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
Jus' thought - how about Liam's remix of Casanova? Does that count as a
Prodge track?
Someone should get all of these down and try to get them MP3'd. There's
practically no other way of most people being able to get hold of them.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>I retract this statement, and apologize for making it. You missed only
>>one, as far as I can see.
>Oh no prblem, thank you BTW.

Thank you for accepting it.

>Is this one I missed 'Rip' or are you
>talking about GOA?

I was just on about 'Rip...'.

>Cos GOA's a mix of the Heat. That was my
>justification for leaving it out.

Yeah, a good point. It's titled in a way that could fool someone into
thinking it's a new song rather than just a new remix of an existing
song (a la Rat Poison, and Hyperspeed).

>>Same here, it's not on mine either.
>>Story is...
>>XL brought out a 5-track version of EITP (as listed in the FAQ) on CD,
>>they then realised that it may not be illegible for the charts, IIRC,
>>so they chopped 'Rip Up...' from it.
>>So these early EITP CDs are very rare and coveted!

>How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?

One of the good things about America is that they don't have that
stupid chart rule about "You can only have x number of tracks lasting
no longer than y minutes in total".

This is why you get usually good value when you pick up on a US import
in your local HMV/Tower/whatever.

(Mind you, the way America's Billboard charts are compiled is very
dodgy indeed. I would call it complete fixing.)

More 'foreign' music trivia: The reason why Japanese versions of
albums have so many tracks (usually existing b-sides) tacked onto them
(or on a CD2!), is because the Japanese people have later release
dates, so the Japanese labels make sure the Japanese version is really
cool value so that 1) the fans don't buy the non-japanese versions 2)
to make up for being 'late' with it.

Chris Brewer

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
In article <928961570.18501.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,
prodge.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> Ghost Town

I know that Liam had indeed made this but chose not to release because
of Tricky's version, so wouldn't this count as not being a 'live-only'
track, even though it only made the light of day at Reading 98?

BTW, what happened about The Eton Rifles?

--
Chris.
| Chris Brewer | chris [at] earthbound-network.com |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>Jus' thought - how about Liam's remix of Casanova? Does that count as a
>Prodge track?

Well, yeah. And that's not just the only remix he did for a
band-that-isn't-Prodigy - there's around 10 (or so) more, see the FAQ.

>Someone should get all of these down and try to get them MP3'd.

They already are.

I was intending to have them(*) linked from EN's files area pages...
but that can't happen for certain reasons.

(* = only commercially unavailable ones of course)

>There's
>practically no other way of most people being able to get hold of them.

Casanova's still around in a few record shops, and the remixes he did
for Front 242 resurfaced on a special Front 242 compilation album
which is still out.

Jesus Jones and Method Man have also re-issued Prodigy remixes as
b-sides on recent singles.

Mike

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
> >Someone should get all of these down and try to get them MP3'd.

> They already are.

Shame we can't say the same for all those unreleased live tracks. Or can
we......?

> I was intending to have them(*) linked from EN's files area pages...
> but that can't happen for certain reasons.

I originally thought he meant the live unreleased tracks. If you're
looking for mp3z of the remixes, then check out http://travel.to/prodigy
(Is there anything it can't do? j/k)

--
Mike ICQ: 30533146 dal...@erols.com

Speaking of unreleased live tracks:
http://www.isk.kth.se/~id96_kko/prodigy.htm

Mike

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
> >I retract this statement, and apologize for making it. You missed > only one, as far as I can see.

Hey, great. BTW, didn't mean to fly off the handle.

> How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?

How come there are such restricting laws on UK singles, anyway?

</Hangs head in ignorance/>

--
Mike ICQ: 30533146 dal...@erols.com

"Can't this wait? It's my wedding night! I'm trying to get some sleep!"

David Hall

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Thanx to both of you :)

David Hall

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
> Yeah, a good point. It's titled in a way that could fool someone into
> thinking it's a new song rather than just a new remix of an existing
> song (a la Rat Poison, and Hyperspeed).

Yeah but Rat Poison sounds completely different to Poison though, so I
personally don't really think of it as a remix. Are there lots of trax like
this?

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Mike <mi...@nospam.com> wrote:

>> >Someone should get all of these down and try to get them MP3'd.
>> They already are.
>Shame we can't say the same for all those unreleased live tracks. Or can
>we......?

I've got lots of the unreleased tracks, from my collection of around
25 different Prodigy live gigs on tape. All the ones I mentioned in
this thread are ones I have (except for the alternative version of
Benny Blanco).

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Chris Brewer <chris...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In article <928961570.18501.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,
> see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk (The Real Thing :
>prodge.demon.co.uk) wrote:
>> Ghost Town
>I know that Liam had indeed made this but chose not to release because
>of Tricky's version, so wouldn't this count as not being a 'live-only'
>track, even though it only made the light of day at Reading 98?

Indeed, the only ways you can get hold of it is:

1) From any live bootleg of Reading 98, which gives you a live only
version.
2) MP3 of above.
3) Break into Liam's studio, which will get you the studio version!

>BTW, what happened about The Eton Rifles?

IIRC, the Jam Tribute thing should be coming out this year, and the
only names I hear about it when it's mentioned on the radio is Oasis
and The Beastie Boys. Looks like Prodigy won't be doing anything for
it after all.

David Hall

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
> 3) Break into Liam's studio, which will get you the studio version!

Cool. Meet you there, 2 AM on Saturday. :)

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Mike <mi...@nospam.com> wrote:

>> How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?
>How come there are such restricting laws on UK singles, anyway?

It's not a 'law', but a rule enforced by UK Official Top 40 compilers
Gallup/CIN.

"Arthur Brown" told me that the move to restrict UK singles to 3
tracks and 20 mins was put forward by various managers and promotors
of purely commercial bands (ie: boy bands like Boyzone and the like),
as they found that their poor pretty little darlings were finding it
hard to actually go and put some effort into coming up with some
b-sides, unlike bands that have actual talent.

The CIN bowed to this pressure, and it was passed. :(

Anyone in this coutry can go and release a single with 4 or more
tracks on them if they like. But don't expect to see a chart placing
for it!

(The Propellerheads recently deliberately issued a 4-track single.)

The last Prodigy single (SMBU) was issued before the new 3-track rules
came into force.

Janus Stark's last single (released some months ago) only had 3 tracks
on it. :(

David Hall

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
> The CIN bowed to this pressure, and it was passed. :(

We could organise a petition or something...

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, a good point. It's titled in a way that could fool someone into
>> thinking it's a new song rather than just a new remix of an existing
>> song (a la Rat Poison, and Hyperspeed).

>Yeah but Rat Poison sounds completely different to Poison though,

Er, not to me...

>so I
>personally don't really think of it as a remix.

Weeell, it is a remix. Very heavily changed, yeah.

>Are there lots of trax like this?

Here's some that have been heavily remixed by Liam, IMO:

EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE
Original Version > 155 and Rising

YOUR LOVE
Original Version > Remix

DIESEL POWER
Original Version > Dirtchamber Remix

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> The CIN bowed to this pressure, and it was passed. :(
>We could organise a petition or something...

EN (and some music magazines) thought of doing that, but it would be
ineffective. It's covered in last year's EN News somewhere.

David Hall

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99

> "David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >> The CIN bowed to this pressure, and it was passed. :(
> >We could organise a petition or something...
>
> EN (and some music magazines) thought of doing that, but it would be
> ineffective. It's covered in last year's EN News somewhere.

Oh. How do I subscribe to that? I notice it comes through the newsgroup.

Erik Westlund

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
A cool guy named "David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com>

wrote:
>> >We could organise a petition or something...
>>
>> EN (and some music magazines) thought of doing that, but it would be
>> ineffective. It's covered in last year's EN News somewhere.
>
>Oh. How do I subscribe to that? I notice it comes through the newsgroup.

Subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank email to:

en_...@hotmail.com with the Subject reading: Subscribe (your e-mail
address)

For example

recepient: en_...@hotmail.com

Subject: Jo...@doe.com

There! :)

--
Erik Westlund | erik [at] abso.net
ICQ: 2854684 | http://www.abso.net/prodigy
Brain Damage | http://bd.igg.net

"There's more Prodigy related posts in alt.test" -Steff

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> 3) Break into Liam's studio, which will get you the studio version!
>Cool. Meet you there, 2 AM on Saturday. :)

While you're there, replace his old skool hip-hop vinyls for some
albums by Black Lace, Chas N Dave, Barron Knights and Bay City
Rollers.

Should be a laugh when he does his set at Gatecrasher :)

RAN

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>Jus' thought - how about Liam's remix of Casanova? Does that count as a
>>Prodge track?

>Well, yeah. And that's not just the only remix he did for a
>band-that-isn't-Prodigy - there's around 10 (or so) more, see the FAQ.

Baby D? They're cool. Or were. They weren't that different.

RAN

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Kotta <THEREA...@mindless.com> sez :
>RAN wrote...

>> How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?
>
>Different (better in this case) laws.

But our "Woo Haa; Got you all in Check" Single had 6 or 8 tracks, and
that got in the charts.

Mike

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
> I've got lots of the unreleased tracks, from my collection of around
> 25 different Prodigy live gigs on tape. All the ones I mentioned in
> this thread are ones I have (except for the alternative version of
> Benny Blanco).

I dread asking this..was those going to make it to the audio/visual
section before the BPI interfered?

--
Mike ICQ: 30533146 dal...@erols.com

"This is your world in which we grow. And we will grow to hate you."

Kotta

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
RAN wrote...
> >> How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?
> >Different (better in this case) laws.
> But our "Woo Haa; Got you all in Check" Single had 6 or 8 tracks, and
> that got in the charts.

That was probably the import. I bet there was a European version with only 4 or
3 tracks also available.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Mike <mi...@nospam.com> wrote:

>> I've got lots of the unreleased tracks, from my collection of around
>> 25 different Prodigy live gigs on tape. All the ones I mentioned in
>> this thread are ones I have (except for the alternative version of
>> Benny Blanco).
>I dread asking this..

Thanx for the understanding, I see why...

>was those going to make it to the audio/visual
>section before the BPI interfered?

Yes, very definitely yes. We had a live folder we were getting ready.
First bits of it were going to be like this...

/live/91/
/live/92/
/live/93/
/live/94/
/live/95/glasto/
/live/96/phoenix_main/
/live/96/phoenix_dance/
/live/96/reading/
/live/97/brixton/
/live/97/forum/
/live/97/seattle/
/live/98/reading/
/live/98/
/live/99/
/live/91/

...and then some!

But all is not lost. There is most probably a way that those tracks
could get on the net in the near future. So it's not that bad.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Jus' thought - how about Liam's remix of Casanova? Does that count as a
>>>Prodge track?
>>Well, yeah. And that's not just the only remix he did for a
>>band-that-isn't-Prodigy - there's around 10 (or so) more, see the FAQ.
>Baby D? They're cool. Or were.

<coughs>

Have you actually heard the other mixes of Casanova? Cheesy to the
extreme. And one of Baby D's number ones was some awful cover (that
had to be re-released many times before it eventually hit there,
IIRC).

>They weren't that different.

Baby D singles seemed to have that
"it's-crap-except-for-this-really-cool-bit" factor. Cheesy mainstream
crap with a dose of a manic jungle-type moment that lasted just a few
seconds.

DJ Swift

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk said something like...
>This is why I point people towards the Prodigy FAQ - to save the
>bother of someone else writing incomplete answers.

So... you'd rather continue flame wars and totally kill the only Prodigy thread
this NG has seen lately? I don't care if it is in the FAQ that "I" wrote, at
least its not childish bickering.

--
DJ Swift...
Skate over to my site @ http://www.widomaker.com/~wcf/

DJ Swift

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
David Hall said something like...
>By the way, is that Benny Blanco (I think thats what its called) mix thing a
>"proper" Prodigy track?

Its both a live track (which I have an mp3 of if you wanna check with me on
IRC) and a bogus track done up by Tobi for his "Inflicted" boot...

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>> How come America could have 8 tracks to a single or something?
>>Different (better in this case) laws.
>But our "Woo Haa; Got you all in Check" Single had 6 or 8 tracks, and
>that got in the charts.

My copy of that has 5 tracks, IIRC.

I think Busta Rhymes made it there because altho his CD had 5 tracks,
his other formats (I'm not dead certain on this) may have had the
'right' amount.

If you released a single, say, like this:

Phantom Flan Flinger by EMINENT UK

CD version
1] Phantom Flan Flinger (Radio Edit)
2] Phantom Flan Flinger (Original Mix)
3] Phantom Flan Flinger (FatBoy Slim Remix)
4] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (Original mix)
5] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (DJ Punk Roc mix)
6] Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (Original mix)
7] Eat My Shorts (Antmann remix)
8] Super Teapot (Eboman Remix)
9] Pants Pants Pants (Live at Border, Peterborough)

cassette version
1] Phantom Flan Flinger (Radio Edit)
2] Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (Original mix)

vinyl version
1] Phantom Flan Flinger (Original Mix)
2] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (Original mix)
3] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (DJ Punk Roc mix)
4] Eat My Shorts (Antmann remix)

...the single would be chart eligible, because of the cassette and
vinyl versions are chart valid. CD sales of course would not be
counted.

(btw, let's see you try and make some real tracks with those imaginary
stupid titles!)

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
dj_sw...@dontspamme.hotmail.com (DJ Swift) wrote:

>>This is why I point people towards the Prodigy FAQ - to save the
>>bother of someone else writing incomplete answers.
>So... you'd rather continue flame wars and totally kill the only Prodigy thread
>this NG has seen lately?

No.

There's other Prodigy threads here.

>I don't care if it is in the FAQ that "I" wrote, at
>least its not childish bickering.

You're the master at that.

Chris Brewer

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
In article <929051576.6474.0...@news.demon.co.uk>,
> 4] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (Original mix)
> 5] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (DJ Punk Roc mix)
> (btw, let's see you try and make some real tracks with those imaginary
> stupid titles!)

I'd buy on account of there being a Queensgate SC where I live down here
in NZ. There hasn't been any riots there, though.

I assume there's a Queensgate near where you live?

--
Chris.
| Chris Brewer | chris [at] earthbound-network.com |
| Earthbound Network | http://www.earthbound-network.com |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

John Bedford

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
Don't worry. This will be on the new a.m.p-t website.
I'm currently working on it...

--
Western Studios - http://members.xoom.com/WSHome/studio.htm
Tha Beat Dungeon - http://members.xoom.com/BeatDunegon/thadoor.htm

RAN

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>Have you actually heard the other mixes of Casanova?

No. But wasn't exactly taken back by the Prodigy one.

> Cheesy to the
>extreme. And one of Baby D's number ones was some awful cover (that
>had to be re-released many times before it eventually hit there,
>IIRC).

I dunno, I only have 1 of their singles.

>>They weren't that different.
>
>Baby D singles seemed to have that
>"it's-crap-except-for-this-really-cool-bit" factor. Cheesy mainstream
>crap with a dose of a manic jungle-type moment that lasted just a few
>seconds.

"This is hard-core turn it turn it up." Yeah, I guess your right. I'd
figured they'd have tracks soley with the cool parts.

David Hall

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
> But all is not lost. There is most probably a way that those tracks
> could get on the net in the near future. So it's not that bad.

Is the near future very near? Also, when are you going to update the FAQ? (I
bet tons have asked this already, but I wasn't listening. Sorry if they
have!)

Mike Jakeman

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
In article <928960619.23883.0...@news.demon.co.uk>, The

Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

>XL brought out a 5-track version of EITP (as listed in the FAQ) on CD,
>they then realised that it may not be illegible for the charts, IIRC,
>so they chopped 'Rip Up...' from it.
>
>So these early EITP CDs are very rare and coveted!

Well I found one of these in Virgin about 3 years ago, on the inlay it
had all the right numbers and included Rip Up The Sound System but when
I played the CD it's just got the 4 tracks :(

--
Mike Jakeman
mike[at]jakeman.demon.co.uk ICQ# 17759351
|PLEASE READ | EN OFFICIAL SITE, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!
|AND BOOKMARK| www.earthbound-network.com
"Never mind the bollocks, its the BPI"

David Hall

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
> >Have you actually heard the other mixes of Casanova?
>
> No. But wasn't exactly taken back by the Prodigy one.

I liek the start, but the drum beat gets a bit repetitive after a while.

David Hall

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99

> "David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >> 3) Break into Liam's studio, which will get you the studio version!
> >Cool. Meet you there, 2 AM on Saturday. :)
>
> While you're there, replace his old skool hip-hop vinyls for some
> albums by Black Lace, Chas N Dave, Barron Knights and Bay City
> Rollers.
>
> Should be a laugh when he does his set at Gatecrasher :)

OK. Will do. But I won't put Aqua on. Or those bloody Cartoons. What do you
call that shit? Its so.... tame!

David Hall

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99

DJ Swift <dj_sw...@dontspamme.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> David Hall said something like...
> >By the way, is that Benny Blanco (I think thats what its called) mix
thing a
> >"proper" Prodigy track?
>
> Its both a live track (which I have an mp3 of if you wanna check with me
on
> IRC) and a bogus track done up by Tobi for his "Inflicted" boot...

I got the track already, don't want the bogus one :) What about Made in Two
Minutes? That sounds pretty good...
Pete, do you think we could have a section on Live trax in the FAQ?

David Hall

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99

Erik Westlund <erik...@POSTERabso.net> wrote in message

> A cool guy named "David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com>
> >>
> >> EN (and some music magazines) thought of doing that, but it would be
> >> ineffective. It's covered in last year's EN News somewhere.
> >
> >Oh. How do I subscribe to that? I notice it comes through the newsgroup.
>

> Subscribe to the mailing list by sending a blank email to:
>
> en_...@hotmail.com with the Subject reading: Subscribe (your e-mail
> address)
>
> For example
>
> recepient: en_...@hotmail.com
>
> Subject: Jo...@doe.com
>
> There! :)

Thanks :) I was dreading the answer to that because as soon as I posted this
I found the bit that tells you how to do it on the EN site... does it send
you a confirmation because I havn't got one yet....

Mike

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
> > >Yeah but Rat Poison sounds completely different to Poison though,
> > Er, not to me...

> then you've got some problems. sure it's got most of the same samples, but
> the track structure is 100% different, so stop trying to act like you're the
> be-all-and-end-all professional of prodigy tracks.

Whoa, dude, chill, I think he was just saying what he thought of the
track.

> > >personally don't really think of it as a remix.
> > Weeell, it is a remix. Very heavily changed, yeah.
>

> if it was a remix then why isnt it called POISON (RAT REMIX) or something?

Well, it's obviously a reconstruction, a re-mixing of the song. Just
'cos it doesn't say remix doesn't mean anything; many remix CDs have a
remix with a totally different name, and Poison (Rat Remix) sounds
really stupid. Rat Poison works as a title, so why question it? Granted,
it does have a totally different feel and sounds totally different, and
I usually think of it as its own track as well. But when you strip it
down, it is a remix. And an excellent one at that.

--
Mike ICQ: 30533146 dal...@erols.com

Suddenly sick of the word "remix".

RAN

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>My copy of that has 5 tracks, IIRC.

Mine's got six, I'm pretty sure. Well, it's AntMann's actually. Might
be an import. It does say ELEKTRA on it.

>I think Busta Rhymes made it there because altho his CD had 5 tracks,
>his other formats (I'm not dead certain on this) may have had the
>'right' amount.

I don't think it'd have scored in the charts if 1/3rd of it's sales were
dismissed.

>If you released a single, say, like this:

>Phantom Flan Flinger by EMINENT UK

>CD version
>1] Phantom Flan Flinger (Radio Edit)
>2] Phantom Flan Flinger (Original Mix)
>3] Phantom Flan Flinger (FatBoy Slim Remix)

>4] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (Original mix)
>5] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (DJ Punk Roc mix)

>6] Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (Original mix)
>7] Eat My Shorts (Antmann remix)
>8] Super Teapot (Eboman Remix)
>9] Pants Pants Pants (Live at Border, Peterborough)

I'd love to release such a fat single. But fatboy slim can keep his
dirty hands to himself. Prodigy and Aphex twin can take his and DJ
Spunk Sock's places anyday.

>...the single would be chart eligible, because of the cassette and
>vinyl versions are chart valid. CD sales of course would not be
>counted.

Who cares? The charts are a joke. And the jokes on all those crappy
morons that actually think a chart hit means a good track. Why not just
ask someone with a credible opinion? Cos then you couldn't sell your
pride to make money I guess.

>(btw, let's see you try and make some real tracks with those imaginary
>stupid titles!)

Opticon

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

> >Yeah but Rat Poison sounds completely different to Poison though,
> Er, not to me...

then you've got some problems. sure it's got most of the same samples, but
the track structure is 100% different, so stop trying to act like you're the
be-all-and-end-all professional of prodigy tracks.

> >personally don't really think of it as a remix.

> Weeell, it is a remix. Very heavily changed, yeah.

if it was a remix then why isnt it called POISON (RAT REMIX) or something?

The title is different. It is a different track, but the same flavour. All
the tracks on that EP are the same flavour.

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>Benny Blanco
>Benny Blanco (Remix)
>Break And Enter (punk version)
>Break And Enter (Vocal mix)
>Break And Enter (metal version)
>Brown
>Claustrophobic Sting (beta version)
>Diesel Power (without verses)
>Ghost Town
>Now Hear Dis
>Ride The Rhythm
>Rock N Roll
>Rock N Roll (98 version)
>Serial Thrilla (beta version)
>Speedway (breakbeat version)
>SMBU (beta version)
>Voodoo People (Prodigy Remix of Chemical Brothers Remix)

I've not heard Ride The Rhythm. Is it any good or is it just a mash of
Liams favourite samples?

Now Hear Dis was wicked on Electronic Punks, but the Live in Leicester
version was pants in contrast.

Why is Brown called Brown? I mean, was it on the listing at the gig, or
did somebody make it up?

What's different in the BETA versions?

Whats the differences in the new Roll & Rock? I LOVE that track. Or
the EP version. I've not heard any of the 'newer' live tracks.

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
>Jesus Jones and Method Man have also re-issued Prodigy remixes as
>b-sides on recent singles.

Did anyone ever hear the Aphex Twin remix of Zeros and Ones? Was it any
good? In comparison to the Prodigy remix? I know you're all diehard
Prodigy fans, but I'd be interested to know how differently they cope
with the same task.

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
>My copy of that has 5 tracks, IIRC.

Well, it's AntManns copy so I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure
it's at least 6.

>I think Busta Rhymes made it there because altho his CD had 5 tracks,
>his other formats (I'm not dead certain on this) may have had the
>'right' amount.

I can't see them scoring in the charts with at least 1/3 of their sales
discounted. My (AntMann's) copy says ELEKTRA on it, so it's probably an
import I guess.

>If you released a single, say, like this:

>Phantom Flan Flinger by EMINENT UK

>CD version
>1] Phantom Flan Flinger (Radio Edit)
>2] Phantom Flan Flinger (Original Mix)
>3] Phantom Flan Flinger (FatBoy Slim Remix)
>4] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (Original mix)
>5] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (DJ Punk Roc mix)
>6] Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (Original mix)
>7] Eat My Shorts (Antmann remix)
>8] Super Teapot (Eboman Remix)
>9] Pants Pants Pants (Live at Border, Peterborough)

Ohh, I'd love to make such a fat single, but Mr slim can keep his dirty
hands off, and so can DJ Punk Roc. I'd much prefer Liam P Howlett and
Richard D James remixes :). Not that Liam'd touch anything with such a
stupid title. I'm sure the Aphex guy would approve of the title choice
though. :) "Pac Man" and "Donkey Rhubarb" come to mind.

>...the single would be chart eligible, because of the cassette and
>vinyl versions are chart valid. CD sales of course would not be
>counted.

Who cares? The charts are a joke! And the jokes on anybody who thinks
'a chart hit = a good track'. If I was that desperate to find out how
good a track is, I'd ask someone with a credible opinion.

>(btw, let's see you try and make some real tracks with those imaginary
>stupid titles!)

Super Teapot's already done!

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> sez :

>The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
>ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
>>My copy of that has 5 tracks, IIRC.
>
>Mine's got six, I'm pretty sure. Well, it's AntMann's actually. Might
>be an import. It does say ELEKTRA on it.

I thought I'd lost that reply! That's why I did it again! :P Sorry!

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> But all is not lost. There is most probably a way that those tracks
>> could get on the net in the near future. So it's not that bad.
>Is the near future very near?

Give it a week or two, I guess.

>Also, when are you going to update the FAQ? (I
>bet tons have asked this already, but I wasn't listening. Sorry if they
>have!)

I've done some work on it, and handed what I've done over to EN member
Chris Brewer to finish it.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
>ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>>Jesus Jones and Method Man have also re-issued Prodigy remixes as
>>b-sides on recent singles.

>Did anyone ever hear the Aphex Twin remix of Zeros and Ones?

I've got both of them (there were two) here, and it's nothing special.

>Was it any
>good? In comparison to the Prodigy remix? I know you're all diehard
>Prodigy fans, but I'd be interested to know how differently they cope
>with the same task.

Pretty average stuff. Bleak and boring. (Not to say I hate Aphex or
anything)

Remember that this is the guy who was working on a track of his own,
got a knock on his door from a courier who was to pick up a Aphex Twin
remix he promised to a band a few weeks before, told the courier to
wait 15 mins, finished off his own track, then handed it to the
courier as the remix!

I've got no idea who the band were tho...

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>> While you're there, replace his old skool hip-hop vinyls for some
>> albums by Black Lace, Chas N Dave, Barron Knights and Bay City
>> Rollers.
>> Should be a laugh when he does his set at Gatecrasher :)
>OK. Will do. But I won't put Aqua on. Or those bloody Cartoons. What do you
>call that shit? Its so.... tame!

I call it Danish Toddler Pop (TM). Don't forget Toybox, a lesser known
purveyor of that 'music'.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>Benny Blanco
>>Benny Blanco (Remix)
>>Break And Enter (punk version)
>>Break And Enter (Vocal mix)
>>Break And Enter (metal version)
>>Brown
>>Claustrophobic Sting (beta version)
>>Diesel Power (without verses)
>>Ghost Town
>>Now Hear Dis
>>Ride The Rhythm
>>Rock N Roll
>>Rock N Roll (98 version)
>>Serial Thrilla (beta version)
>>Speedway (breakbeat version)
>>SMBU (beta version)
>>Voodoo People (Prodigy Remix of Chemical Brothers Remix)
>I've not heard Ride The Rhythm. Is it any good or is it just a mash of
>Liams favourite samples?

Ride The Rhythm seems to be a complete loop of some old skool hip-hop
sample.

>Now Hear Dis was wicked on Electronic Punks, but the Live in Leicester
>version was pants in contrast.

I agree.

>Why is Brown called Brown? I mean, was it on the listing at the gig, or
>did somebody make it up?

I checked this with Tobi, and the title is for real, taken from a set
list. Dunno what it's about, but AFAIK, 'Brown' is a slang name for
heroin...

>What's different in the BETA versions?

Serial Thrilla BETA is totally electronic based. The Skunk Anansie
guitar riff and Keith's vocals aren't there at all, and it's mainly
based on drumloops.

SMBU BETA is the same as the version we all know, except the female
vocals are done differently (- better I would say!).

I gave out a BETA of Clastrophobic Sting in EN News ages ago. Some
people here thought of it as more of a jam track. It sounds quite
industrial-ish.

>Whats the differences in the new Roll & Rock?

The new Rock & Roll track is... better! I believe we gave an Mp3 of
that one out.

>I LOVE that track. Or
>the EP version. I've not heard any of the 'newer' live tracks.

Well, T In The Park 98 may be put on the web in full sometime in the
near future, as mp3s.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
"David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:

>I got the track already, don't want the bogus one :) What about Made in Two
>Minutes? That sounds pretty good...

Made In Two Minutes (Prodigy Mix) for Bug Kann & The Plastic Jam.

>Pete, do you think we could have a section on Live trax in the FAQ?

It would never be complete.

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
>Remember that this is the guy who was working on a track of his own,
>got a knock on his door from a courier who was to pick up a Aphex Twin
>remix he promised to a band a few weeks before, told the courier to
>wait 15 mins, finished off his own track, then handed it to the
>courier as the remix!
>
>I've got no idea who the band were tho...

I know. I can't remember actually. I knew that though! Heheh. He got
paid loads for that. What actually happened, is he wasn't working on
it, he just dug out an old track that was never properly finished, and
copied it onto DAT, didn't even bother finishing it off!

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>My copy of that has 5 tracks, IIRC.
>Mine's got six, I'm pretty sure. Well, it's AntMann's actually. Might
>be an import. It does say ELEKTRA on it.

I'd check right now, but my copy's gone missing in this tip of a room!

>>I think Busta Rhymes made it there because altho his CD had 5 tracks,
>>his other formats (I'm not dead certain on this) may have had the
>>'right' amount.

>I don't think it'd have scored in the charts if 1/3rd of it's sales were
>dismissed.

You'd be surprised.

Current #1 in the album charts is Boyzone's Greatest Hits. If you were
to deplete even 50% of its sales, it would still be #1, from what I've
heard.

>>If you released a single, say, like this:
>>Phantom Flan Flinger by EMINENT UK
>>CD version
>>1] Phantom Flan Flinger (Radio Edit)
>>2] Phantom Flan Flinger (Original Mix)
>>3] Phantom Flan Flinger (FatBoy Slim Remix)
>>4] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (Original mix)
>>5] Queensgate Shopping Centre Riot (DJ Punk Roc mix)
>>6] Your Mother Wouldn't Like It (Original mix)
>>7] Eat My Shorts (Antmann remix)
>>8] Super Teapot (Eboman Remix)
>>9] Pants Pants Pants (Live at Border, Peterborough)

>I'd love to release such a fat single. But fatboy slim can keep his
>dirty hands to himself.

Fatboy Slim = Instant Chart Success (well, for about a few minutes -
ask Cornershop!).

Now so many acts are trying to be Fatboy Slim (hello Wiseguys and The
Three Amigos).

>Prodigy and Aphex twin can take his and DJ Spunk Sock's places anyday.

I'd buy for sure!

>>...the single would be chart eligible, because of the cassette and
>>vinyl versions are chart valid. CD sales of course would not be
>>counted.
>Who cares?

The record companies do.

>The charts are a joke.

True, but record companies count on them, part of their bread and
butter.

>And the jokes on all those crappy
>morons that actually think a chart hit means a good track.

Sad to say, but a lot of people DO think like that.

>Why not just
>ask someone with a credible opinion?

Oh you'd put Steps out of a job then :)

>Cos then you couldn't sell your pride to make money I guess.

Depends who this 'person' would be...

Kotta

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
RAN wrote...

> >Jesus Jones and Method Man have also re-issued Prodigy remixes as
> >b-sides on recent singles.
> Did anyone ever hear the Aphex Twin remix of Zeros and Ones? Was it any

> good? In comparison to the Prodigy remix? I know you're all diehard
> Prodigy fans, but I'd be interested to know how differently they cope
> with the same task.

Complete cack IMHO.
It's entitled 'aphex twin reconstruction' which is a fitting name. It has
nothing to do with the original track, just some sounds in no order at all
basically.
I've heard this story about how afx was asked to do a remix but didn't feel like
doing it so he just sent over another track that he had done earlier and said it
was the remix. To me it could very well be this remix.
I'm no afx fan altho I like some of his work but I really don't understand the
extremely ambient stuff, only sounds no strucuture.

--
ko...@mindless.com
http://www.isk.kth.se/~id96_kko

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
"Opticon" <opt...@home.nospam.com> wrote:

>The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

><see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

>> >Yeah but Rat Poison sounds completely different to Poison though,
>> Er, not to me...
>then you've got some problems. sure it's got most of the same samples, but
>the track structure is 100% different,

True, but the first point you made proves it's NOT completely
different.

>so stop trying to act like you're the
>be-all-and-end-all professional of prodigy tracks.

Take that advice yourself before making such contradictory comments.

>> >personally don't really think of it as a remix.
>> Weeell, it is a remix. Very heavily changed, yeah.
>if it was a remix then why isnt it called POISON (RAT REMIX) or something?

Go look at the tracklisting for Experience.

>The title is different. It is a different track,

Not totally different.

>but the same flavour. All
>the tracks on that EP are the same flavour.

Don't make me laugh. Play Scienide again.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
Mike Jakeman <mi...@jakeman.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>XL brought out a 5-track version of EITP (as listed in the FAQ) on CD,
>>they then realised that it may not be illegible for the charts, IIRC,
>>so they chopped 'Rip Up...' from it.
>>So these early EITP CDs are very rare and coveted!
>Well I found one of these in Virgin about 3 years ago, on the inlay it
>had all the right numbers and included Rip Up The Sound System but when
>I played the CD it's just got the 4 tracks :(

They must have got the inlays mixed up with the CDs... Many record
shop assistants do that :(

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :

>I checked this with Tobi, and the title is for real, taken from a set
>list. Dunno what it's about, but AFAIK, 'Brown' is a slang name for
>heroin...

Oh, don't talk to me about heroin.

>Serial Thrilla BETA is totally electronic based. The Skunk Anansie
>guitar riff and Keith's vocals aren't there at all, and it's mainly
>based on drumloops.

You know, that sounds so much better. As much as I love the guitars in
that track at the begining keiths vocals on it SUCK! I don't know why,
cos they're usually pretty cool in an odd way. The track, all together
just seems too far from Prodigy. I'm gonna remix it now I've heard
about the BETA version.

>SMBU BETA is the same as the version we all know, except the female
>vocals are done differently (- better I would say!).

Does she say "SMACK ME!" Or "PAKI!" ? Or is it just Liam fiddling with
one of those new yamaha vowel thigns and her scream? I'll issolate the
bit I mean, cos you're bound to think I'm crazy.

Ok I've got it. Where should I send it? Is earthbound-network.com
still down?

>The new Rock & Roll track is... better! I believe we gave an Mp3 of
>that one out.

I suck for bothering to get things off the NET.

>Well, T In The Park 98 may be put on the web in full sometime in the
>near future, as mp3s.

Cool.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>I checked this with Tobi, and the title is for real, taken from a set
>>list. Dunno what it's about, but AFAIK, 'Brown' is a slang name for
>>heroin...
>Oh, don't talk to me about heroin.

I know, it does shit to people, it's worse than many other drugs.

>>Serial Thrilla BETA is totally electronic based. The Skunk Anansie
>>guitar riff and Keith's vocals aren't there at all, and it's mainly
>>based on drumloops.
>You know, that sounds so much better.

Gets dull as fuck tho, as it's over 5 mins, IIRC.

>As much as I love the guitars in
>that track at the begining keiths vocals on it SUCK! I don't know why,
>cos they're usually pretty cool in an odd way. The track, all together
>just seems too far from Prodigy. I'm gonna remix it now I've heard
>about the BETA version.

I'll be on the lookout for where I stashed the beta...

>>SMBU BETA is the same as the version we all know, except the female
>>vocals are done differently (- better I would say!).
>Does she say "SMACK ME!" Or "PAKI!" ?

I think not!

>Or is it just Liam fiddling with
>one of those new yamaha vowel thigns and her scream? I'll issolate the
>bit I mean, cos you're bound to think I'm crazy.

No, I think it was totally sung. It was the chanting bit.

>Ok I've got it. Where should I send it? Is earthbound-network.com
>still down?

FTPing to our ftp site seems to be dead impossible these days (I don't
know why). (Oops, I better stop 'bragging', haven't I, Erik?)

>>The new Rock & Roll track is... better! I believe we gave an Mp3 of
>>that one out.
>I suck for bothering to get things off the NET.

I'm sure it will be redone properly and back on the web as MP3 in the
near future.

Mike

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
> Why is Brown called Brown? I mean, was it on the listing at the gig, > or did somebody make it up?

The reason I was given by soemone I traded with was because people
called it "Live Beats with James Brown" (?????), and this got spread by
word of mouth as "Brown".

--
Mike ICQ: 30533146 dal...@erols.com

www.earthbound-network.com - The biggest, busiest,
& best Prodigy NEWS site on the web.

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk <see-my-sig-for-real-e-mail-
ad...@nospam.demon.co.uk> sez :
>I know, it does shit to people, it's worse than many other drugs.

I have had bad experiences with it. Not personal experiences, mind.

>Gets dull as fuck tho, as it's over 5 mins, IIRC.

Sounds fun.

>I'll be on the lookout for where I stashed the beta...

Cool.

>>>SMBU BETA is the same as the version we all know, except the female
>>>vocals are done differently (- better I would say!).
>>Does she say "SMACK ME!" Or "PAKI!" ?

>I think not!

>FTPing to our ftp site seems to be dead impossible these days (I don't

>know why). (Oops, I better stop 'bragging', haven't I, Erik?)

You were bragging in that post, you can't deny it! You really are
making a fool out of yourself on that one.

>I'm sure it will be redone properly and back on the web as MP3 in the
>near future.

Nice.

RAN

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
Kotta <THEREA...@mindless.com> sez :

>I'm no afx fan altho I like some of his work but I really don't understand the
>extremely ambient stuff, only sounds no strucuture.

I love his stuff because it's so different and odd. I know the end
result is often pants, but there's more thought and stuff going into it
than fatboy slim's solo shit.

Opticon

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

> >the tracks on that EP are the same flavour.
> Don't make me laugh. Play Scienide again.

Scienide has the same raw quality level of the other tracks on the EP. Don't
deny this.

David Hall

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

> "David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >> But all is not lost. There is most probably a way that those tracks
> >> could get on the net in the near future. So it's not that bad.
> >Is the near future very near?
>
> Give it a week or two, I guess.

Cool

> >Also, when are you going to update the FAQ? (I
> >bet tons have asked this already, but I wasn't listening. Sorry if they
> >have!)
>
> I've done some work on it, and handed what I've done over to EN member
> Chris Brewer to finish it.

Cool :)

David Hall

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
> >Pete, do you think we could have a section on Live trax in the FAQ?
>
> It would never be complete.

Point :)

David Hall

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

> "David Hall" <D.T....@removethispart.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >> While you're there, replace his old skool hip-hop vinyls for some
> >> albums by Black Lace, Chas N Dave, Barron Knights and Bay City
> >> Rollers.
> >> Should be a laugh when he does his set at Gatecrasher :)
> >OK. Will do. But I won't put Aqua on. Or those bloody Cartoons. What do
you
> >call that shit? Its so.... tame!
>
> I call it Danish Toddler Pop (TM). Don't forget Toybox, a lesser known
> purveyor of that 'music'.

Gotta remember that. Another thing that annoys me is Abba - it makes me feel
physically sick :)

David Hall

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

Opticon <opt...@home.nospam.com> wrote in message

> The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk
> <see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > >Yeah but Rat Poison sounds completely different to Poison though,
> > Er, not to me...
>
> then you've got some problems. sure it's got most of the same samples, but
> the track structure is 100% different, so stop trying to act like you're

the
> be-all-and-end-all professional of prodigy tracks.

Calm down! He's just saying his opinion. He never said he was the
be-all-and-end-all pro of Prodge trax :)

Mike

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
> > >the tracks on that EP are the same flavour.
> > Don't make me laugh. Play Scienide again.
>
> Scienide has the same raw quality level of the other tracks on the EP. Don't
> deny this.

You really seem eager to pick an arguement just for the fuck of it.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

>>>Does she say "SMACK ME!" Or "PAKI!" ?
>>I think not!

>If you see what I mean, it doesn't quite seem natural. It does sound
>like "SMACK ME!" so blatantly! I think Liam did it on purposse. Judge
>for yourself.

DO NOT POST BINARIES TO NON-BINARIES NEWSGROUPS. You've broken Demon's
AUP and you can be suspended/terminated for that!

Read the fucking FAQ!

Next time I bang on about the FAQ, you can stop moaning, because you
never took any notice of it.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
RAN <Eminent@see_sig_plz.co.uk> wrote:

>>I know, it does shit to people, it's worse than many other drugs.
>I have had bad experiences with it. Not personal experiences, mind.

Same here. Same thing with LSD too.

>>FTPing to our ftp site seems to be dead impossible these days (I don't
>>know why). (Oops, I better stop 'bragging', haven't I, Erik?)
>You were bragging in that post, you can't deny it!

I can deny it, because - I wasn't bragging.

>You really are making a fool out of yourself on that one.

To two people?

>>I'm sure it will be redone properly and back on the web as MP3 in the
>>near future.
>Nice.

Altho I wouldn't dream of posting the mp3s here.

The Real Thing - from prodge.demon.co.uk

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
"Opticon" <opt...@home.nospam.com> wrote:

>> >the tracks on that EP are the same flavour.
>> Don't make me laugh. Play Scienide again.
>Scienide has the same raw quality level of the other tracks on the EP. Don't
>deny this.

What's this "raw quality level" you're on about? Something you've made
up?

Weirdo

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

> >>I think not!
> >If you see what I mean, it doesn't quite seem natural. It does sound
> >like "SMACK ME!" so blatantly! I think Liam did it on purposse. Judge
> >for yourself.
>
> DO NOT POST BINARIES TO NON-BINARIES NEWSGROUPS. You've broken Demon's
> AUP and you can be suspended/terminated for that!
>
> Read the fucking FAQ!
>
> Next time I bang on about the FAQ, you can stop moaning, because you
> never took any notice of it.

Was there anyone else that minded RAN posting a binary? Was there anyone
else who downloaded the post just to complain about how long it tock to
download?

KeeTi

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 18:10:59 GMT,
see-my-sig-for-...@nospam.demon.co.uk (The Real Thing -
from prodge.demon.co.uk) wrote:

>>>FTPing to our ftp site seems to be dead impossible these days (I don't
>>>know why). (Oops, I better stop 'bragging', haven't I, Erik?)
>>You were bragging in that post, you can't deny it!
>
>I can deny it, because - I wasn't bragging.
>
>>You really are making a fool out of yourself on that one.
>
>To two people?

Three. (at least)

-KeeTi

Under international copyright law, I am considered a
pirate. - Peter Thomas

DJ Swift

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
Weirdo said something like...

>> DO NOT POST BINARIES TO NON-BINARIES NEWSGROUPS. You've broken Demon's
>> AUP and you can be suspended/terminated for that!
>Was there anyone else that minded RAN posting a binary?

He posted a binary? Hehe, I didn't even notice =P

--
DJ Swift...
Skate over to my site @ http://www.widomaker.com/~wcf/
"The sampler is my instrument" - Liam Howlett
Dirtchamber Pirate Radio - www.dirtchamber.8m.com - Coming soon...

It is loading more messages.